Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. (1519 Views)

What Uk Samsung I Can Get For 75k / ADVICE ON WHICH PHONE TO CHOOSE... Redmi OR OPPO / Samsung Galaxy A10s Is The Worst And Most Crappy Samsung I Have Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Tyg3rFvry: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Should I go for xiaomi redmi note 12 brand new for 150k or Samsung galaxy s20 for 190k?

Bear in mind that going for the redmi note 12, will enable me afford a redmi powerbank and earbud, roughly 190k total which is the same amount that'll make me afford the galaxy s20 phone alone(also brand new).

What do you suggest?

Bear in mind that I'm not a mobile phone gamer, I already got strong enough computers, handheld consoles, Xbox one, Playstation and even a Canon powershot series camera... so I don't bother killing my phone with games. I use my phone to consume social media content and basically to enjoy features that come with the phone.

I need something smooth and enjoyable. Thank you.

You can as well share your experience with Samsung or xiaomi redmi phones.

P.S: Does Xiaomi redmi have service centers across nigeria like samsung?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Adewale1603(m): 1:18am On Jul 31, 2023
All these high-end Redmi phones usually gets their own issues and wahala, especially with updates and others and they're lots of their manufacturer defect and faulty unit all around. Get the Samsung Galaxy and have peace of mind. Samsung is a global well known brand, it has class, support, quality, and durability.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Salarys: 2:01am On Jul 31, 2023
I was in this same dilemma last week grin.

I went for the s20 and never looked back. Although I got mine (brand new, open box 12/128gb) at a price a bit lesser than yours.

Please go for the s20, you won't regret it.

I think the only place the Redmi note 12 outs the s20 is the battery life. That doesn't mean that of the s20 is poor though. A full charge in the morning takes me the whole day. Ever since I got my phone, I average 6hrs+ of normal daily use. My friend who uses the Redmi note 12 definitely gets a tad more.

But that's just about it. In everyother area it lags behind the s20. Performance, sound output, camera, and oh the display! This display is a joy to behold.

Plus, it's 6.2inches and still very portable on hands. Not really a fan of chunky devices, hence was also a deal breaker for me.

Go for the S20 bro, so long as you're getting it brand new. My 2 cents.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Mr2kul(m): 6:27am On Jul 31, 2023
Salarys:

I went for the s20 and never looked back. Although I got mine (brand new, open box 12/128gb) at a price a lesser than yours.

I think the only place the Redmi note 12 outs the s20 is the battery life. That doesn't mean that of the s20 is poor though. A full charge in the morning takes me the whole day. Ever since I got my phone, I average 6hrs+ of normal daily use. My friend who uses the Redmi note 12 definitely gets a tad more.

But that's just about it. In everyother area it lags behind the s20. Performance, sound output, camera, and oh the display! This display is a joy to behold.

Plus, it's 6.2inches and still very portable on hands. Not really a fan of chunky devices, hence was also a deal breaker for me.

You got brand new S20 for less than 190k?
Are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Tyg3rFvry: 7:48am On Jul 31, 2023
Salarys:

I went for the s20 and never looked back. Although I got mine (brand new, open box 12/128gb) at a price a lesser than yours.

But the phone won't get further android and Samsung updates. Is that something to worry about?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by HappenStone: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Don't buy Redmi Note 12. Phone is a disaster

Bought the 8/128GB variant last month and it's been a bugfest since.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Salarys: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

But the phone won't get further android and Samsung updates. Is that something to worry about?

Well, Your fears are valid considering it's a 3 year old device.

It was touted to stop at android 12 initially, but we're currently on Android 13.

Fingers crossed for the final version of Android 14 rolling out publicly to AOSPS and OEMS later this year.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Salarys: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2023
Mr2kul:

You got brand new S20 for less than 190k?
Are you kidding me?

180k to be specific. 12/128gb. Dual sim. Snapdragon. Brand new, open box. All accessories intact.(25watts charger and the AKG earbuds sealed).

Peeled the stickers off the phone myself.

Seller is an OG though. smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Ikanium(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2023
HappenStone:

how is your experience so far?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by JasonNOTStatham: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2023
lipsrsealed Toyota or McLaren? OP sef, Samsung please.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by nafisu: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Salarys: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2023
nafisu:
This is a very good deal for that price point, if your plug is on NL kinda drop their moniker.

He's not on NL chief.

There's no need plugging him. Others won't get such deal.

Emphasis on OG.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Estichuxs(f): 11:51am On Jul 31, 2023
Maybe other Xiaomi models but not this 12 model

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Brownshoe: 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
If you are in Akure come buy my Samsung A14 bought last month, cartoon and receipt still intact with charger cord.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Mr2kul(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Salarys:

180k to be specific. 12/128gb. Dual sim. Snapdragon. Brand new, open box. All accessories intact.(25watts charger and the AKG earbuds sealed).

Oh... I gerrit. That was really a nice deal.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by HappenStone: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ikanium:
how is your experience so far?

Not good. Would not recommend. I will drop a comprehensive review if I get the time.

Estichuxs:
Maybe other Xiaomi models but not this 12 model

As in. Phone is premium trash. Xiaomi bleeped up with the phone. I enjoyed my Redmi Note 5 more than this.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by remele2(f): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
Redmi is nice .
I have a week old redmi 12
8/128 gig for sale
Sky blue
Lagos

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by AndroBlaze: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
The Samsung is better...it is rare that a Redmi would be better than an S series, a (Xiao)Mi series could compete but hardly a Redmi...simple truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Symphony2: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Pls drop his contact, I want to get it
Salarys:

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Ex0rrcist: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

No bro, it's nothing to worry about. It's going to get security update for sometime whucg matters more.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Ex0rrcist: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
Salarys:

I went for the s20 and never looked back. Although I got mine (brand new, open box 12/128gb) at a price a bit lesser than yours.

This sot is 1080/120hz or 2k/60hz?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Meister(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Salarys:

Lol, you bought a repackaged foreign used phone, no way in hell you'll find a brand new S20 in 2023, take that from an actual phone seller.

I have Samsung S20 12/128 single SIM Snapdragon variant at 170k though for those interested

Edit: Just noticed that what was called dual SIM up there is an esim, mine supports an esim too

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:40am On Aug 01, 2023
Salarys:

180k to be specific. 12/128gb. Dual sim. Snapdragon. Brand new, open box. All accessories intact.(25watts charger and the [b]AKG earbuds[/b]sealed).

I'll twerk for AKG earbuds cry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Salarys: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2023
Meister:

Lol, you bought a repackaged foreign used phone, no way in hell you'll find a brand new S20 in 2023, take that from an actual phone seller.

I have Samsung S20 12/128 single SIM Snapdragon variant at 170k though for those interested

Ok.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Tyg3rFvry: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
HappenStone:

Which android version came with it? Android 12 or Android 13?

And please how much did you buy it? Can you confirm the processor? Is it snapdragon 4 Gen 1 or snapdragon 685?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by HappenStone: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

Which android version came with it? Android 12 or Android 13?

And please how much did you buy it? Can you confirm the processor? Is it snapdragon 4 Gen 1 or snapdragon 685?

1. Android 13. MiUI 14.

2. #125,580 from Xiaomi official store on Jumia.

3. It's Snapdragon 685. Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 is for the 5G variant.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Or Samsung... I Want To Make A Choice. by Tyg3rFvry: 9:40am On Aug 07, 2023
HappenStone:

1. Android 13. MiUI 14.

2. #125,580 from Xiaomi official store on Jumia.

3. It's Snapdragon 685. Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 is for the 5G variant.

Do you recommend a carton galaxy s9+ then? It goes for about 118k, 6 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM although it's a 2018 phone stuck on Android 10.

(1) (Reply)

I Ordered A Samsung Galaxy S9+... But / Nokia Or Nokla ? / I Need Symbian S60, Callrecorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.