Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,433 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG (14344 Views)

Govt’s Response Will Determine Duration Of Protest — NLC / Fuel Hike: No Going Back On Strike, Protest – NLC, TUC / Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2023
BishopEmmanuel:
Tinubu thinks he could shut everybody's mouth with money or yeye injunction 😏
What is your anger now, that he is rich?
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by AskNgige2: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
NLC should dialogue with the FG, there's no need for a strike as things stand

Thunder fire your mouth there..

We are ready for revolution
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by BishopEmmanuel(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

What is your anger now, that he is rich?
nothing but to just end the hunger in the land because he brought it upon the land.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by dododawa1: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2023
He said, “Our party noted that the NLC president Comrade Joe Ajaero without facts baselessly accuse President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of showing enormous disdain and contempt for Nigerian people and workers by the declaration of war of attrition on Nigerian workers and masses without any care leaving them to the throes of hopelessness and helplessness.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2023
Iwin2:

This government appears deceptive and has exhibited the highest form of self contradiction. Refer to Tinubu's submission in 2014 when APC/ Tinubu/ Bihari/ Bakare occupied Ojota, lagos in protest of pump price increase of GEJ administration
Tinubu wrote inter alia as follows: “I am not calling President Jonathan an evil man. I do not believe he is perverse. However, the economic ideas controlling him are so misguided and that they have a perverse impact. Because he is a slave to wrong-headed economics, the people will become enslaved to greater misery. This crisis will bear his name and will be his legacy. The people now pay a steep tax for voting him into office. The removal of the subsidy is the Jonathan tax. This situation shows that ideas count more than personalities. People may occupy office but how that person performs depends on the ideas that occupy his mind”.
He added: “Though someday Nigeria will have to remove the subsidy, the time to do it is not now. This subsidy removal is ill-timed and violates the condition precedent necessary before such a decision is made. First, the government needs to clean up and throw away the salad of corruption in the NNPC. Then proceed to lay the foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long-term bonds and fully develop the energy sector towards revitalising Nigeria’s economy and easing the burden any subsidy removal may have on the people”.

Aside, NLC was invited to a meeting yet waited for 3 hours and non government officials attended to them:
'We Waited At The Aso Rock Villa From 3 pm To 6 pm And Nobody Attended To Us, We Had To Go' - Joe Ajaero
http:///s59ca5e69230729en_ng?link=1&client=news
Let the NLC carry their cross, do not allow yourself to be involved in this particular battle. The set up isn't favourable to the common man at all. Why should I suddenly trust an NLC that has all along proven to be deceptive these last few decades ? When did they suddenly love the ordinary man ? There are peculiarities going on right now which makes me say pitch your tent with the FG no matter how hypocritical they have been especially concerning the subsidy issue. Peace should come first
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by Adobeacrobat: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2023
The evil government can do anything before 02/08/2023.
They DON'T obey court orders, they got NO respect for the rule of law, they are devil incarnates, they are JUST after their own good, NOTHING MORE!!

But just anything to remove APC from power is welcome... EVEN THE MILITARY TO TAKE OVER!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by Chetas81(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2023
optionalY09:
If you need your life don’t go out there to protest, i will make sure yoi sare kabakaba - I will not allow any saboteurs
look at your comment and yourself no different
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by favor914: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Adobeacrobat:
The evil government can do anything before 02/08/2023.
They DON'T obey court orders, they got NO respect for the rule of law, they are devil incarnates, they are JUST after their own good, NOTHING MORE!!

But just anything to remove APC from power is welcome... EVEN THE MILITARY TO TAKE OVER!!!
[color=#990000][/color]
OBIDIENT HYPOCRITES KEEP FOOLING YOURSELVES.
https://punchng.com/elections-again-nlc-declares-support-for-obi/?amp
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by favor914: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2023
Chetas81:
look at your comment and yourself no different
After LP lost the general election, & quite evident now that there is no case @ the tribunal, the criminals (NLC) want to use so called strikes, and rallies as a weapon, like their comrade Raila Odinga in Kenya?

They leaders of so called NLC should be arrested, if they try any nonsense hypocrite’s strike, 2 can play the game.
https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/22/2023-nlc-endorses-peter-obi-for-president/?amp=1
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by iykmon: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2023
What happens to international flights on that day. I hope it won't affect them. Notice like this should be made early so one can plan and make adjustments.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by Kewtt: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2023
optionalY09:

if them born your papa well hit the street and see yourselves hit the ground
We'll burn you without consequences
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by MRMRMR: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2023
Beremx:
the harassment just started. Why didn't you advise Tinubu not to have removed subsidy on his day of inauguration without planning for palliatives first?
Nonsense
So u expect govt to continue to borrow to subsidize fuel consumption. I pity my country pple.
You can only ask for palliatives and good utilization of govt finances.
It doesn't make sense to continue to subsidize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by TOBOSCOASSURES(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2023
orisa37:
TINUBU IS RIGHT ANYDAY ANYTIME TO REMOVE WHATEVER PALLIATIVE.

This comment is as daft as the writer.

1 Like

Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by fabolouz1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Protest is different from the indefinite strike expected to begin on wed.august 2nd.
Going ahead with the strike amount to contempt of court.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by optionalY09: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Who is even the werey that birthed you sef

Your papa that slept with your mama
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by Heroicvic(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
optionalY09:

Your papa that slept with your mama

No waste that werey 9months labour naw 😭
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by orisa37: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
"This comment is as daft as the writer".
OK COCCY. PALLIATIVES ARE COMING "YAMFU YAMFU" BUT TINUBU IS VERY RIGHT TO REMOVE SUBSIDIES ANYTIME ANYDAY. AND NLC SHOULD STOP PLAYING HOOLIGANISM ALL THE TIME. THIS TIME, IT'S OBIDATTI ARGBOR IBO IBORI MAFIA HOOLIGANISM.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by luluman: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
optionalY09:
If you need your life don’t go out there to protest, i will make sure yoi sare kabakaba - I will not allow any saboteurs
See mumu talk
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by orisa37: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
NO COURT ORDER. USE COMMON SENSE AND GIVE THE NEW GOVERNMENT SOME BREATHING SPACE.
STOP RUSHING AND HARASSING TIN.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by DaTruths: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
optionalY09:

They said peaceful protest.

and It's legal in a Democratic settings.

So calm down, nothing will happen to them.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by DaTruths: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Please let the protests be nationwide. Don't limit it to Lagos. We have not recovered from the ENDSARS own.

I think it's a peaceful protest.

Provided that the security agencies doesn't come to harass their Democratic right, it would remain peaceful.

I agree it should be nation wide, only southern Nigeria.

The North doesn't have the cool to keep it peaceful.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by OyinO: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
The same Paper Tiger NLC I know. Make dem go find corner sitdon jare...
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by ItswellMike: 5:57am On Aug 01, 2023
orisa37:
A GOVERNMENT MUST DO HALF OF ITS TERM IN OFFICE BEFORE YOU START HARASSING IT WITH STRIKES. ETHICAL NOT CONSTITUTIONAL.
Half of it's tenure... U are not serious, do u know that Nigerians are dying....
Afterall, we have suffered enough in d hands of APC
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by orisa37: 6:13am On Aug 01, 2023
I BELIEVE THAT TINUBU WILL MEND ALL THE LEAKAGES.
TINUBU IS NO BANJO, AKINTOLA OR MURIC.
TINUBU IS AWOLOWO, OBASANJO AND ODU-DU-IWA.
TINUBU IS A NIGERIANIST.
Re: No Court Order Stopping Us From Peaceful Protest, NLC Tells FG by Kewtt: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
optionalY09:

Have you tried any of your nonsense today?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms / The Truth Abt Aguiyi Ironsi Death, Nigerian Coups,and Igbos Ambitions / From The Archives: Rt. Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe To Dr. Chuba Okadigbo (1981):

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.