Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? (3561 Views)

DSS Had Knowledge Of An Impending Attack On MKO Abiola Stadium - David Hundeyin / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal In Proxy War Over PDP Ticket / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa (2) (3) (4)

Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Armaggedon: 6:05am On Jul 31, 2023
Perceived Complacency of western powers over insecurity in the sahel region has made many countries in the region to switch partners from West to Russia. Thus, Central African Republic, Burkina Faso and Mali engaged the services of Russian group in fight against insurgency. Mali and Burkina Faso went further to sack the French forces assisting them.

Now with the coup in Nigeria's next door neighbor Niger over same insecurity, it's obvious Russia is about to have a presence there.

Unlike Mali, Burkina Faso etc US already has two airforce bases in Niger which house it's Africom. To further highlight the importance of Niger to them, US has made frantic diplomatic efforts to restore the deposed president to power.

The Niger junta is set embrace Russia and Russia will likely ask them to sack US airforce from the country. The US may likely leave in humiliation or see it as one loss too many. Depending on what they decide, Niger might soon be a theatre of a fierce proxy war.

Can Nigeria handle such a war at it's doorstep with heavy arms flow? The war in far away Libya was the reason terrorists in the north grew strong with arms to challenge the government. Also the civil war in Cameroon is one of the reasons ESN is standing strong. ( Don't ask me how)

Can Nigeria survive two superpower fight at its border which may likely make them pick sides in Nigeria's own crisis such as Biafran seperatism?

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Biafrannuke: 6:16am On Jul 31, 2023
Interesting. I thought as much. Niger has a vast border with the zoo.

I'll like to see US response. Already it seems US doesn't trust the zoo following their attendance of Russia/Africa summit.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by orohbirodeysmel: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Who is Nigeria...

Niger no send una papa o. They don't decamp to Russia 🤣🤣

If una no want mind una business, them go open the floodgates of terrorists both black and white into Nigeria.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Ilola(f): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2023
No more troubles please

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Biafrannuke:
Interesting. I thought as much. Niger has a vast border with the zoo.

I'll like to see US response. Already it seems US doesn't trust the zoo following their attendance of Russia/Africa summit.

The secretary of states has already applauded the bold strategic steps taken by ECOWAS states chaired by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. One of which is that ECOWAS countries to close their boarders against Niger, cut off economic and energy supply, declaration of a no fly soon and other steps.
Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Tinububalls: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos
Men with small divk can only hate and wish.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by chenny360(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2023
Someone should tell ecowas to trend calmly and be cautious. Tinubu should leave Niger alone .. afterall they are jubilating in Niger Republic. So that shouldn't be ecowas headache.. democracy has failed in West Africa due to greedy selfish politicians..

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by KGBKremlin: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos

You think the things happening to them is ordinarily,God wants to make their entire land a desolate place.

They are cursed and rejected.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by kettykings: 7:38am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos

If you still call out igbos in a war between Nigeria and niger then the issue is you and not the innocent igbo race

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by gbengaeed(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2023
Las las, it's the Niger people that would lose both in infrasture, human capacity, and natural resources even the stability of the country for economic practices. Democracy might not be the best but military rule is a no-no, the military has no regard for the people, and corruption is a character of humans and not a feature of democracy. Anybody can be corrupt.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Biafrannuke: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos
let them go!

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Galaxydon1(m): 7:50am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos
that's why your dicvk is small

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by thisisit: 7:55am On Jul 31, 2023
Military coup will ALWAYS happen is there is bad governance.. Nigeria is no exception.

In fact, West African countries learnt Military coup from Nigeria

When legislature becomes RUBBER STAMP and Executive disobeys court orders as it is in Nigeria, Military coup will check the excutive

We should not demonize military rule. On the contrary, it is the best.

Do a comparative Analysis of the Military era and the Democratic era.

Obviously the Military is much more Better... And anything can happen. It takes a few PATRIOTIC and cool headed majors and colonels to pull it off.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by a4cube: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2023
gbengaeed:
Las las, it's the Niger people that would lose both in infrasture, human capacity, and natural resources even the stability of the country for economic practices. Democracy might not be the best but military rule is a no-no, the military has no regard for the people, and corruption is a character of humans and not a feature of democracy. Anybody can be corrupt.
All you stated that comes with military rule also comes with civilian rule in West Africa.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by kettykings: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2023
What exactly can Nigeria do to niger republic backed by Russia, will they use their blockade riddled mentality to force niger military junta to surrender or will the encourage Chad to block of business and support with niger in exchange of lake Chad basin. What really can Nigeria do?

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Tunde835(m): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2023
I really want Nigeria to stay neutral. I don't want us to lose actual soldiers fighting a proxy war for the gay west. France has been looting and exploiting niger since forever so now that Niger is stopping it the west want a war. The worst russia can do which is exploiting niger at the end has already happened to them. So i never support the west

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Armaggedon:
Perceived Complacency of western powers over insecurity in the sahel region has made many countries in the region to change switch partners from West to Russia. Thus, Central African Republic, Burkina Faso and Mali engaged the services of Russian group in fight against insurgency. Mali and Burkina Faso west further to sack the French forces assisting them.

Now with the coup in Nigeria's next door neighbor Niger over same insecurity, it's obvious Russia is about to have a presence there.

Unlike Mali, Burkina Faso etc US already has two airforce bases in Niger which house it's Africom. To further highlight importance of Niger to them, US has made frantic diplomatic efforts to restore the deposed president to power.

The Niger junta is set embrace Russia and Russia will likely ask them to sack US airforce from the country. The US may likely leave in humiliation or see it as one loss too many. Depending on what they decide, Niger might soon be a theatre of a force proxy war.

Can Nigeria handle such a war at it's doorstep with heavy arms flow? The war in far away Libya was the reason terrorists in the north grew strong with arms.

to challenge the government. Also the civil war in Cameroon is one of the reasons
[b]ESN is standing strong. ( Don't ask me how)

Can Nigeria survive two superpower fight at its border which may likely make them pick sides in Nigeria's own crisis such as Biafran seperatism?
obviously arms flow.....most weapons used in the Niger delta insurgency were from Sierra Leone/Liberia.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by falcon01: 8:04am On Jul 31, 2023
Let it burn!

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by smalldivk111: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2023
Galaxydon1:
that's why your dicvk is small
I wish a war could happen and you and your stupid bullshit Igbo fellows will be slaughtered like cows

I will personally attack you guys ona never jam

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by smalldivk111: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2023
God punish all igbos pigs and your hate for your country will consume you guys

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Truthday: 8:16am On Jul 31, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
Who is Nigeria...

Niger no send una papa o. They don't decamp to Russia 🤣🤣

If una no want mind una business, them go open the floodgates of terrorists both black and white into Nigeria.

Jesus will lead he's a good murderer

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria is a useless country, why making boasts of what you can't do.. Imagine a drug lord becoming an ecowas chairman, very shameful. embarassed

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:

I wish a war could happen and you and your stupid bullshit Igbo fellows will be slaughtered like cows

Niger Republic is far up in the North. If a war is to break out in the country, the ripple effects will rain down on Northerners and not the Igbos, as presumed by your hate infested mind.

There over 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria. How you people can hate the Igbos yet won't let them secede from the rest of the country, is an issue that would never make sense to any sane mind.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
God punish all igbos pigs and your hate for your country will consume you guys
Seun, Mynd44, we don't need people like this around here.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2023
Of course it's delusion to actually think Russia has anything positive for Africa.

They are not in the class of China, US or India and such alignment will be detrimental to Africa.

All powers want to scramble but Russia is only but a nuclear power (not military).

So far, AU and the ECOWAS have been on the right path but the next action will depend on so many factors which cannot be gotten at this time.

And for the tools who rejoice because the president is not their candidate or even (let's assume, for real) rigged the election, you are missing the point.

It's easier to get order from a system that allows routes to it but a system where such is not even in existence, it's impossible.

Again, should we care so much about what the Nigeriens want if what they want is also detrimental to the region?
Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Greyworld: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:

Seun don't ignore this

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Greyworld: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2023
Truthday:
Jesus will lead he's a good murderer
And once the call Islam yu start vomiting... seun do your work

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Alexiiydon: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2023
kettykings:

If you still call out igbos in a war between Nigeria and niger then the issue is you and not the innocent igbo race
why don’t you say the innocent tribesmen he’s talking from your region and your race are full with hates for real backward region
Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Figger(m): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2023
smalldivk111:
I hate Igbos
We hate u too, go and die

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by waledeji(m): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2023
Armaggedon:
Perceived Complacency of western powers over insecurity in the sahel region has made many countries in the region to change switch partners from West to Russia. Thus, Central African Republic, Burkina Faso and Mali engaged the services of Russian group in fight against insurgency. Mali and Burkina Faso west further to sack the French forces assisting them.

Unlike Mali, Burkina Faso etc US already has two airforce bases in Niger which house it's Africom. To further highlight importance of Niger to them, US has made frantic diplomatic efforts to restore the deposed president to power.

The Niger junta is set embrace Russia and Russia will likely ask them to sack US airforce from the country. The US may likely leave in humiliation or see it as one loss too many. Depending on what they decide, Niger might soon be a theatre of a force proxy war.

Can Nigeria handle such a war at it's doorstep with heavy arms flow? The war in far away Libya was the reason terrorists in the north grew strong with arms to challenge the government. Also the civil war in Cameroon is one of the reasons ESN is standing strong. ( Don't ask me how)

You guys always know everything about everything 😀😀.

Re: Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? by Jlow2: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2023
No statement of federal or state govt about 20citizens that were kidnapped recently in kaduna, there abductors showed them on social media, were they spoke in Hausa , some have been shot on their legs and the women raped and flogged all were forced to talk to their loved ones to bring money or be killed, but the govt is more concerned about Niger whom have taken their destiny in their own hands, France mine gold and uranium in Niger the uranium is used for electricity and nuclear arms yet 30% of Nigeriens lack access to electricity , nigerian citizens re one of they most patient people on earth, just 1% of the population re holding everyone to ransom, people suffer and smile , kept in perpetual multidimensional poverty, the elite 1% bribe the police , military, judiciary, press, sponsor their own groups among the poor masses to even fight the people, who ever underates the suffering masses in Nigeria thinking they re docile does that at his peril.

Nigeria Aims To Raise Oil, Condensates Output To 2.6M BPD By 2026 / Obasanjo And Son Roasting Chicken (picture) / APC Members Go To Church In Osun State (pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105