Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others (25028 Views)

Protesters Storm APC Secretariat, Demand Ganduje’s Resignation / Oyo Workers Continue Protest, Beat Up Colleagues For Non-Compliance / Protesters Storm APC Secretariat, Demand Oshiomhole’s Removal As Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Kingpowerful: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
I love the SW sometimes they have already protest before Tinubu will come on air to brainwash us about the coming brighter days when hunger must have kill half of the masses.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by clinician2x: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Slimplush:

Frankly quoting you, people with vision won't stated it out bodly....

In short, none of those presidential candidate can do it, even if I want to single out one(which is the current president) he can never do it in the space of 8 years

Some of una go just dey spit rubbish up and down like say your flat head messiah don't have his own mission too

Less than 5 month in office, you are already requesting for hin head, country wey Don dey spoil for almost how many years? Make una rest and let see what he's got to offer before ya all blaming him for your miserable life... No be him spoil your life na

Before you quote me, remember say ex presido(Goodluck Jonathan) rule us before,, did your life get any better?

Calm down, chicken wey Don spoil go pass many process before you can fit know say e never spoil, then you will be laughing while devouring

Not supporting any fuckin*G tribe here bro, I'm just being plain realistic

I don't reply mention on Monday also cheesy

He has nothing to offer. Just accept this truth and rest. Tinubu will offer you nothing at all.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Bobbiee: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
More SUFFERING WILL FOLLOW THE YORUBA. THE GOD I SERVE WILL PUNISH THEM ALL. AND THE NORTH WILL NOT BE LEFT OUT. BUT SPECIFICALLY THE YORUBAS.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by John4B: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=Ezeama400 post=124780140]What happened to their IGR that is bigger than entire African countries put together ?

So their large land mass that is bigger than America and Asia couldn't generate money to pay their workers ?

Indeed, a big unproductive head is a budern to the shoulder!

[/qu

Nwanne! U can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Ozommadu: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
Timmi:

Focus on your Ibo/igbo/IPOB nonsense sit at home that paralyzed your whole land of rising wailers. Remove the log in your eyes first, proffer solution to your house that is on fire. Igbo Kwedu! Igbo Amala!!

Cry me a river tongue
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Quebec91(m): 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
cheesy
MXrep:
Worse sit at home happening in SW
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Fstar1: 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
seunlayi:
Seems Omituntun 2.0 is about silence and I don't care attitude from GSM. Seems he no longer give a 4kin care.
Currently, 75% of roads in the state are in deplorable condition
Yes I can testify to this. This is not makinde that people had known
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Ozommadu: 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Ronu kęę, they're still sleeping after drinking a keg of highly alcoholic tribalism and bigotry. Wetin konsain me? See as some people would be defending this pain unleashed on the poor masses

Haha, even osun has started protest already...our own na to siddon dey look grin
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by THeUNIFIER: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Some people will rush here with adrenaline to say they must suffer. People of hate and shameless losers.

They won’t face their region , their region has the least IGR in south

Ogun IGR alone is bigger than the entire southeast
Same Oyo is 2X the overhyped Anambra

Dumbo, the IGR isn't a qualitative metric for measuring growth and development. The HDI is much suited for that.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by cuteboy2: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
And what's on offer? I didn't read anything being offered in that report

CodeTemplar:
Their efforts can't boost govt revenue in any way. They better take what's on offer.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by BoldBrainz(m): 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
Taylor90:
To even think this shege is starting com Ronu land is so funny to me

I don tell una if una like una vote right if una like una vote wrong we all know the region that will suffer pass

Abeg make i go carry olosho

I dey your back. Make I run cow leg peppersoup and a couple of cold Heineken beers to flush grin.

Na now this Nigerian movie don begin make sense.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Alusiizizi(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ajokeolore:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/oyo-workers-protest-lock-state-secretariat-demand-palliatives-others/

The case of Osun state is understandable, they voted for Atiku. Oyo case is hilarious though because those ones were on lockdown for Tinubu. I guess their vote isn't favoring them and their families afterall.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Omoawoke2(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

Dumbo, the IGR isn't a qualitative metric for measuring growth and development. The HDI is much suited for that.

Southeast is the poorest and least developed region in Nigeria
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Omoawoke2(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
clinician2x:

Oyo residents are protesting for palliative and anambra residents are going easy.

Mumu

They are enjoying sit at home
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Omoawoke2(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
clinician2x:

Oyo residents are protesting for palliative and anambra residents are going easy.

Mumu

Sit at home is their new heaven
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Alusiizizi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Racoon:
It has favoured them now. So no need for protest

The tears have not even begun. Give it another two months or so. If they are lucky, many of them will be able to book space under the various bridges that they will be sleeping under. Their big champion, Tinubu and not ECOWAS(we need to be very clear about this) is mulling "military intervention" in Niger. Do you want to guess why. especially when the events in Niger has direct implications on the security of his position as "president". The trouble with "military intervention" is that it will visit catastrophe upon Nigeria. See the current suffering, take it and multiply by 100 fold to get an estimate of the level of suffering that will come upon this country should this drug induced "military intervention" idea come to pass, but of course Tinubu does not see anything wrong with the common people being desperately impoverished, as long as it advances his progress, it's all good.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by seuncyrus(m): 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
maticar:

No

He said 75%

IF 75% of something is bad , that means almost all is bad. So what exactly is the point ?, let him give us the roads he navigates on a daily basis and let's see if truly they are what he claims na. And including you too, please provide the lists
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by BOYS2MEN: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tinubu asked me to tell dem that.....lorry conveying Amala and EWEDU is on the way coming ...beauty of DEMOCRAZY grin
Ajokeolore:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/oyo-workers-protest-lock-state-secretariat-demand-palliatives-others/
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by OriOko88(m): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
MXrep:
Worse sit at home happening in SW
How's it ur business? U lots are still pained that obi isn't d president. And hed never be. Yorubas aren't hypocrites like u lots who cant speak to yr leaders in power
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by seuncyrus(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Makinde actually tried in Oyo but the truth is, there are a lot of places he didn't touch in the ibadan metropolis. Maybe he'd look into it in his 2nd term. Its too early to apportion blame for now. I was in ibadan to see a brother at oke ado last month. I was shocked what I saw...from the NTC road, to sharp corner, to Joyce B road, Ososami road, to imalenfalaafia down to idi opę and the adjoining streets. Bad roads everywhere. I've not even explored other areas to see what's happening there. But all these can be fixed in one month. I know he's capable, going by his achievements in his 1st term. When we see good things , we should say it and when things are bad, we shouldn't keep quiet also.

That said, states don't have power on palliatives. Its high time their workers knew this. Where's the money, except the federal government sends them succour? I don't see this happening soon. Even the committee set up for this purpose had said over the weekend that they don't see palliatives coming anytime soon. What does that mean? More sufferings for the masses.

Tinubu really made mistakes in the subsidy removal plans. He put a cart before a horse not even the clueless Jonathan wouid do this. He ought to have put palliatives in place before removing the subsidy. Jonathan did this in his time. Its called sure-p. Every state got a share of it. People like tinubu mocked him back then, as if tinubu wouid have done it better.

Tinubu could have borrowed money first and used it for this purpose before the subsidy removal. He removed subsidy and now borrowed later by sending the approval to the NA. The effect is what you and I are seeing on the poor masses today. Many People had abandoned their cars and taken to trekking. Is that enjoyment or sufferings? Shebi na Adamawa looting we see. Wait for what other states wouid do soonest. There's hunger in the land, an unprecedented one for that matter.

At least thank you for mentioning the road you saw. Many of these guys don't even live in oyo state and they are only active when they have anything against an opposing party. And many of these guys are not even card carrying members of these political parties they support online, just a set of extremely silly boys.

About Tinubu, I never believed in him and I didn't vote him. I'm not surprised at what's happening. Hopefully he and his team gets their shit together before they celebrate 100 days in office.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Alusiizizi(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ozommadu:

Haha, even osun has started protest already...our own na to siddon dey look grin

Osun case is understandable. At least they voted for Atiku, and not that one who claims to be their son. This Oyo protest? I'm still laughing about it.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by clinician2x: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Sit at home is their new heaven

U be mumu
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Timmi: 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ozommadu:

Cry me a river tongue

Exactly, na your people that statement fits - land of the rising wailers
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Ozommadu: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Timmi:

Exactly, na your people that statement fits - land of the rising wailers

Na oyo and osun people dey wail now oo tongue...are they in the land of the rising wailers too??

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by jude79(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ezeama400:
What happened to their IGR that is bigger than entire African countries put together ?

So their large land mass that is bigger than America and Asia couldn't generate money to pay their workers ?

Awww!!! Why are you so wicked, have mercy now, infact you have said too much of enough, abeg, nairaland come and carry amooo!!! cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by frankyychiji(f): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
GeneralPula:
Makinde self..
Ronu governor LoL
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by ukaface(f): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
On your mandate we shall stand citizens, na on protest them Dey stand on now.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by THeUNIFIER: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Southeast is the poorest and least developed region in Nigeria

OK
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Emola12(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mr yarimo abeg call your grandpa tinubu to order ooo true true charity begins at home it start from yekini amoda home town ,,,,,we go see season film remain small
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by yarimo(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Emola12:
Mr yarimo abeg call your grandpa tinubu to order ooo true true charity begins at home it start from yekini amoda home town ,,,,,we go see season film remain small
State government workers, doesn't Oyo state has state governor?
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by Mrkindness: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ezeama400:
What happened to their IGR that is bigger than entire African countries put together ?

you are a coded wahala person.
Re: Oyo Workers Protest, Lock Secretariat, Demand Palliatives, Others by chiedozie198100: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
ggfgfhjgh lkj.,,,..,m .,m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Service Commission Retires 4 DIGs For Being Seniors To IGP Egbetokun / Buhari Hosts Ooni, Sultan, Others To Iftar (Photos) / 2023: I Will Expose Presidential Candidates On Looting Mission – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.