Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Dealings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealings (119 Views)

The Dealings Of God / Dealings With His Sons And Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealings by Myer(m): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
It's a privilege/honour to have a spiritual engagement with the Holy Spirit. It is a heritage of all children of God in the new birth.

However in my journey of Faith, I have learnt to allow myself grow as God leads.

I'll be sharing some of my dealings here for the edification of us all.

Heavenly Father, please dwell richly here, Grace Us with Your Presence, Lead us, Teach us, Help us and Supply all we need even as you take all the Glory and as you Honor your Word and servants/labourers in the Mighty and Matchless Name of Jesus. Amen
Re: Dealings by Myer(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
I'll start with a brief introduction of myself.
I'm Adebanjo Mayowa.
I joined NL as a struggling believer/atheist under the moniker @pressplaybaeby.
I eventually turned a full blown atheist and never hid
from my family, colleagues and everyone who interacted with me. I though I was liberated and wanted to liberate others by countering Christian beliefs that were absurd or not a reality around me.

Eventually I ended up opening a thread comparing Intelligence and Wisdom, asking which was superior.
A comment on the post caught my attention which said and I paraphrase, Intelligence could be learnt but wisdom was God-given.
That statement made all the difference and I realised I was only intelligent and had lost my wisdom which I used to have at some point.

I decided to go back to church to learn whatever I might have missed. I decided to learn about God, about Jesus Christ anew. I ended up starting fresh as a new convert in a church around me.
It was a struggle receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit but eventually I began to pray is the Holy ghost.

And so began my relationship with the Holyspirit.
I listened to the testimony of a member during a weekday service she shared how the Holy Spirit was speaking with her. Then I began to pray for it. I was led to go back to the foundation class. During one of the classes, I learnt about communication and I heard His voice for the first time- more like a whisper in my heart. He asked me to join the teaching/foundation department.
Also during the classes we were taught about the Great Commission being the last class. I was so shy I don't think I did an actual evangelism, I know I wrote some thing sha.lol Will try to get the note again to confirm.

Today, I have learnt through obedience, experience and from so many ministers. God has really led me through various church denominations and personal study. I have also parted ways with so many ministers as I would later realise God works through certain trainings depending on the nature of the calling.

(1) (Reply)

Meditate On This Tonight / Here Is How To Find The Right Church For Your Spiritual Journey / The Secret Of Self-control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.