Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees (16843 Views)

UBA Revamps Nextgen Account With Premium Offerings, Partners DRB Lasgidi / Creche/day Care Business Plan In Nigeria / See How To Make Millions From Creche/day Care Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by MainblockAngle: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
In line with its continuing policy of upgrading the well-being and welfare of its employees, Wema Bank Plc, Nigeria’s leading innovative financial institution, has announced the re-opening of Purple Crèche for its employees.

Purple Crèche [/b]is an initiative that provides top-tier daycare for the newborn and very young children of
[b]Wema Bank staff – the Wema Bank Knights
– enabling them attend to their daily schedules.
It is a development that further affirms the narrative that Wema Bank is the employer of choice and a great place to work.

Purple Crèche is a daycare and educational facility located within the Wema Bank Head Office and is
available to children of Wema Bank staff, aged 3 – 30 months. The crèche had been temporarily closed
during Covid. The revamped Purple Creche has now been upgraded with top-notch quality facilities, equipment and human resources, all to provide the staff of Wema Bank with superior standards of care and education for their children.

The now re-launched Purple Crèche is fully equipped with premium state-of-the-art facilities and a private room for nursing mothers to breastfeed their infants. The staff also comprises a roster of qualified nurses on-site and is managed by trained and experienced, carers who place a premium on the documentation of the children’s activities, in order to keep parents updated on their children’s welfare and progress. The children themselves are taught and educated to develop their cognitive, social, and mental skills, giving them a head-start in life.

The facility is open every weekday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in alignment with general staff work schedules, thus allowing staff to provide their children with exceptional care in professional hands, without worrying about their safety or well-being.

“Our commitment to improving the lives of our staff and helping them become the best versions of themselves, often have us developing new and improved employee-focused initiatives that positively impact their lives.” explains Ololade Ogungbenro, Wema Bank’s Divisional Head, Brand, People and Culture, “Purple Crèche is one of such initiatives. We observed that members of staff who had just returned from maternity leave had some difficulty adjusting to leaving their newborns at home. We started Purple Creche to bring the children closer to their parents without interrupting productivity on either side; and it was amazing to see parents handle their duties without worrying about their children’s, knowing they’re in the safe hands.

Regarding the renovation of the crèche, Ogungbenro insists it is in line with Wema’s commitment to excellence. “We maintain a constant review of Purple Creche’s facilities and decided to remodel and upgrade its facilities, improve the quality of Purple Creche staff and create a more homely, advanced and top-class care and learning environment for the children of our staff.” Ogungbenro adds that Purple Crèche is open to all staff of Wema Bank.

With its re-opening, Purple Crèche is an excellent facility with top-grade infrastructure and a well-trained staff providing children of Wema Bank employees with first-class care and education in a safe, secure and hygienic environment that’s within the immediate reach of their parents, and under the supervision of qualified professionals.

On her expectations for Purple Crèche, Ogungbenro says “It is about creating a home like environment for our staff most important treasures. When our staff are at peace that their treasures are safe, they can be at their best at work.

“Purple Crèche promises to be a safe haven for both children and parents to maximize their potential within a secure, nurturing environment. It is our faith that this will ultimately help to produce both intellectually sound and emotionally intelligent children, and highly productive, stress-free parents.”

Src: https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/31/purple-creche-wema-bank-revamps-its-childcare-facilities-for-employees/

18 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Solsix(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
To work for head office comes with somany advantages, those working at different branches should sort themselves out.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Triangles1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
I like that color Purple.

4 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by olaiya2007(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by AnietiePictures: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ok, a welcome development
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by immortalmortal: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Niceeee!!
No pictures?
Do they have to pay for it or it's free for their staff? If it's free, it's awesome

2 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by forayfleo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good one

1 Like

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by mrjoeblinks: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ehen?

WEMA Bank has been on the news for some obvious good reasons lately 🤔

22 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Basicend: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wema bank seems to be the only bank in Nigeria that is just innovating and extending frontiers since Tinubu took over. . It's been tight for all the other banks in a way. .

I know it's an Odua thing. . Direct injection of funds from the Tinubu and Yoruba circles in this time is the key.

Just like Access Bank boomed under Goodluck Jonathan. . Even acquired a whole intercontinental bank. .

Same stuff.

15 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Okestra01(m): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nazo
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by neutralmind: 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Basicend: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
It is padi padi; underneath connections with governmental hierachy that brings very distinctive growth in major sectors in Nigerian economy. . Just like Dangote, Adenuga , BUA etc.

It is not innovation or ingenuity of the founder sir.

2 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by StemCellTherapi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
As am just looking at that man on suit, it reminded me of a very top official in an organization one time earning close to a million naira per month.

If you ask baba to help us get work in his company, baba no go gree. Baba no dey help anybody. Dem won chop all the money alone.

Covid came, the company retrenched alot of staff both junior and senior including baba.

Baba was now very jobless for months.

Fat chubby baba turned skinny.

The young graduate that was begging him then to help him with work in his company which baba refused now got a small job as an HR Officer.

One morning, the baba reached out to this young HR Officer to please help him find work since he is a recruiter. That he is jobless and needs money even if the pay is 50K.

This was a man earning 850K per month.

This life.

Help people when u are up there.

For you don't know what tomorrow brings.

(A true life story)

11 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
This is nice.
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by ecolime(m): 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wema Bank is everywhere these days. Small Bank doing big things 👏

1 Like

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by ecolime(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
StemCellTherapi:
As am just looking at that man on suit, it reminded me of a very top official in an organization one time earning close to a million naira per month.

If we ask baba to help us get work in his company, baba no go gree. Baba no dey help anybody.

Covid came, the company retrenched alot of staff both junior and senior including baba.

Baba was no jobless for months

The person that was begging then to help him with work in his company which baba refused now got a small job as an HR Officer.

One morning, the baba reached out to this young HR Officer to please help him find work since he is a recruiter. That he is jobless and needs money even if the pay is 50K.

This was a man earning 850K per month.

This life.

Help people when u are up there.

For you don't know what tomorrow brings.

A true life story

Na so e easy?

Is the Baba the owner of the company? All these your long tale no mean Jack.

I know of big shots in several multinationals who couldn't help their own children get jobs.

Thank God you sef be Recruiter now, na so your contacts sef go talk your story.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by dahmie2013: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Awesome. Nice initiative from Wema Bank.
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by StemCellTherapi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
ecolime:

Na so e easy?

Is the Baba the owner of the company? All these your long tale no mean Jack.

I know of big shots in several multinationals who couldn't help their own children get jobs.

Thank God you sef be Recruiter now, na so your contacts sef go talk your story.

Next time u meet ur so called "big shots", ask them to tell u if their kids who are probably abroad as per "big shots that they are" really wanted to work in their organisation.

Talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Laideabdulahi: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Basicend:
Wema bank seems to be the only bank in Nigeria that is just innovating and extending frontiers since Tinubu took over. . It's been tight for all the other banks in a way. .

I know it's an Odua thing. . Direct injection of funds from the Tinubu and Yoruba circles in this time is the key.

Just like Access Bank boomed under Goodluck Jonathan. . Even acquired a whole intercontinental bank. .

Wema Bank has been innovating before Tinubu's government. I joined the bank at the point when they started rebranding and innovating way back as 2014, up to the launch of the first digital bank in Africa in 2017, May 2nd precisely.

They have been doing a lot. The problem we have as staff is advertisement and publicity.

3 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Prettychild(f): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Mindlog: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
ecolime:
Wema Bank is everywhere these days. Small Bank doing big things 👏

Wema bank is NOT a small bank, bank that is almost 80 years old.
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by wman(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
No pictures of the creche?
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Menclothing: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
This bank is so good with interest rate on savings best in fixed deposit
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Tjra: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
StemCellTherapi:

Next time u meet ur so called "big shots", ask them to tell u if their kids who are probably abroad as per "big shots that they are" really wanted to work in their organisation.

Talking trash.
Seems you are the one talking trash here

How did you know he had such influence and purposely didn't exert it?

My Uncle is wicked, my uncle is stingy, blah blah.. You sef go turn uncle one day.

10 Likes

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by ThePolemicist: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Blackdisciple(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice one...
I wish he will extend it to other branches...
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by AfroBeatDiary: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Not bad
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by NoToPile: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice one.👍👍 No 1 problem of working mothers solved.

This bank really surprised me during cash crunch palava, zero glitches.

To think I used to tell mumsie she was using old people's bank that time.

Happy I opened an account with them.

1 Like

Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Israelpeters(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
I pray one day all banks in Nigeria will emulate this guesturs for their staff's thereby creating a conducive working capacity in general
Good thinking Good initiatives
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Josephkabila12: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
The work ethics and conducive working environment of WEMA Bank 🏦 is top notch
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by Ceemanny(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
I get BA.ed for early childhood education oooo make dem employe me I fit carry baby 🍼
Re: Purple Creche: Wema Bank Revamps Child Care Facilities For Employees by StemCellTherapi(m): 12:24am On Aug 01, 2023
Tjra:

Seems you are the one talking trash here

How did you know he had such influence and purposely didn't exert it?

My Uncle is wicked, my uncle is stingy, blah blah.. You sef go turn uncle one day.

Trash will keep coming out of your mouth.

It's people like you that will have the capability to help ur fellow man, yet will enjoy watching him or her suffer and not render the help.

Yet will come online and justify yourself by saying..."how did you know I had influence to help him or not?"

Helping is a spirit.

It's either u have it or u don't.

From ur statement, you clearly do not have it.

Keep it up. The dice is still rolling

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, What Can You Buy With One Naira? / Access Bank Rewards Okpala Mark With Education Allowance For 5 Years / USSD: Telcos Threaten To Disconnect Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.