Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help (395 Views)

What Skill(s) Do You Plan To Learn This Year? / Which Skill Should He Go For? / Which Skill Can I Learn With My Phone And Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good day honourably Nairalanders.

Let me start this way; While I was growing up as a kid, even though my family wasn't rich enough but average is the word and we cool like that. I thought life would always be fun. I mean no struggles, easy money, joy and everything that makes a man happy but most importantly money. My parent made education my and our only priority (besides i am not the only child but first) that when I got to the University, I had no skill, no side hustle, nothing, just me in the school, waiting on my family for funds. So I didn't see it as a crime not to have one and whenever I thought of having one, sooner or later, I have forgotten that kind of thought. Fast forward to today, glory be to God, I made an excellent result outta the school and I'm currently serving. Remember my family is average and they gotta fend for the rest. Now it has dawn on me. For the past 5months, it has been me and me alone with so so many sheges for real + my siblings looking up to me and I tell you, 25years, I hardly feed myself to talk of another party. Although they ain't really pressuring me yet but the small 2k, big brother finds difficult to render. Someone would ask, you're receiving 33k and had been receiving, what happened to it? Well, it's a nice question but a very simple answer is, it's not enough and don't even let me break it down for you. It's more than you imagined. So back to discussion, now I see the disadvantage of not having any source of income/skills and I'm really pained whenever I think about it. This has been my source of depression lately when I see others making money from their respective handwork, me I have nothing but I have refused to give up that's why I'm coming out to express myself. I know it's never late. The only mistake is I didn't start earlier. Call it ignorance and whatever yeah but I know it's never late😭😭😭 *I'm pained for real*

So I have decided within myself and I've come up with a list of skill(s) I wish to acquire. But I don't really know much and I want to seek y'all opinion on which path should I take. I'm willing to take 2 as a MUST if not all but first thing first, what do y'all advise on these various skills/work?

1.DSTV installation
2.Phone and laptop repair
3.Solar power installation
4.Aluminum Doors and Windows Installation
5.Electrician & House Wiring
6.Photography

NB: although the list is not limited, you can add yours if you know it's best. I will appreciate every input.

Notice there is no digital skills? I can't think of any for now as I don't have enough money to buy gadgets if at all. I don't own a good phone, (3gb ram + 16gb) and I don't have a laptop. Well, you can also recommend, God is a miracle worker, I will add 'em to my to-do list.

Thank you and God bless you. Amen
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by Dimaya: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
I'll respond shortly
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by Anjinsan: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello,

NYSC usually has a skill acquisition program. If the one in your state is accessable, won't it be less expensive learning a skill from them?

If I'm in your shoes, I will narrow the skills down to 2,3,5.

Most importantly, start learning about money and marketing.

Also don't write off a good job. Prepare well for interviews and job search.

Ultimately, start saving towards a good phone, afterwards a laptop. They are important to your money quests.

When you do, download and read good books on money, career, businesses marketing. Don't read just to consume knowledge. Read, organize the information, break it into action plans, set it into systems to measure how well you are doing.

Next, look for sought after digital skills, weather you get a paid employment or earning through traditional skills. There are free resources on YouTube to start from.

Do same thing as suggested when gleaning gold from good books. Set a system to measure your learning process.

Digital skills I will suggest are: Data analytics, Digital marketing, Programming, Content writing.

All the best.
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by Kay005: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
LucasPromax:
Good day honourably Nairalanders.

Let me start this way; While I was growing up as a kid, even though my family wasn't rich enough but average is the word and we cool like that. I thought life would always be fun. I mean no struggles, easy money, joy and everything that makes a man happy but most importantly money. My parent made education my and our only priority (besides i am not the only child but first) that when I got to the University, I had no skill, no side hustle, nothing, just me in the school, waiting on my family for funds. So I didn't see it as a crime not to have one and whenever I thought of having one, sooner or later, I have forgotten that kind of thought. Fast forward to today, glory be to God, I made an excellent result outta the school and I'm currently serving. Remember my family is average and they gotta fend for the rest. Now it has dawn on me. For the past 5months, it has been me and me alone with so so many sheges for real + my siblings looking up to me and I tell you, 25years, I hardly feed myself to talk of another party. Although they ain't really pressuring me yet but the small 2k, big brother finds difficult to render. Someone would ask, you're receiving 33k and had been receiving, what happened to it? Well, it's a nice question but a very simple answer is, it's not enough and don't even let me break it down for you. It's more than you imagined. So back to discussion, now I see the disadvantage of not having any source of income/skills and I'm really pained whenever I think about it. This has been my source of depression lately when I see others making money from their respective handwork, me I have nothing but I have refused to give up that's why I'm coming out to express myself. I know it's never late. The only mistake is I didn't start earlier. Call it ignorance and whatever yeah but I know it's never late😭😭😭 *I'm pained for real*

So I have decided within myself and I've come up with a list of skill(s) I wish to acquire. But I don't really know much and I want to seek y'all opinion on which path should I take. I'm willing to take 2 as a MUST if not all but first thing first, what do y'all advise on these various skills/work?

1.DSTV installation
2.Phone and laptop repair
3.Solar power installation
4.Aluminum Doors and Windows Installation
5.Electrician & House Wiring
6.Photography

NB: although the list is not limited, you can add yours if you know it's best. I will appreciate every input.

Notice there is no digital skills? I can't think of any for now as I don't have enough money to buy gadgets if at all. I don't own a good phone, (3gb ram + 16gb) and I don't have a laptop. Well, you can also recommend, God is a miracle worker, I will add 'em to my to-do list.

Thank you and God bless you. Amen

Bro, whatever skill you later choose please consider "airdrops hunting" as Side hustle too. I am not advising you to be trading crypto but try and go to twitter to hunt for "free airdrops" ...nah just data and time e go chop... people made money from $Arkham (free) just by signing up and looking for referral, you can make $50, $100 etc....haqq coin (Islamic coins) free airdrops task is going on, overprotocol (free) is on just by doing task, velar is on (free) , just interact with the test net and main net, traitsniper too... Just go to twitter and follow the airdrops hunters...Lots of free airdrops just by interacting...
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kay005:

Can I contact you for more information boss? Kindly drop address please
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dimaya:
I'll respond shortly

Okay sir
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Anjinsan:

Hello,

NYSC usually has a skill acquisition program. If the one in your state is accessable, won't it be less expensive learning a skill from them?

If I'm in your shoes, I will narrow the skills down to 2,3,5.

Most importantly, start learning about money and marketing.

Also don't write off a good job. Prepare well for interviews and job search.

Ultimately, start saving towards a good phone, afterwards a laptop. They are important to your money quests.

When you do, download and read good books on money, career, businesses marketing. Don't read just to consume knowledge. Read, organize the information, break it into action plans, set it into systems to measure how well you are doing.

Next, look for sought after digital skills, weather you get a paid employment or earning through traditional skills. There are free resources on YouTube to start from.

Do same thing as suggested when gleaning gold from good books. Set a system to measure your learning process.

Digital skills I will suggest are: Data analytics, Digital marketing, Programming, Content writing.

All the best.

Thank you. I appreciate your input. The SAED is not quite accessible as it's very far to where I stay. I will do well and digest what you've said. Thanks once again
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by LucasPromax(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kay005:

Bro, whatever skill you later choose please consider "airdrops hunting" as Side hustle too. I am not advising you to be trading crypto but try and go to twitter to hunt for "free airdrops" ...nah just data and time e go chop... people made money from $Arkham (free) just by signing up and looking for referral, you can make $50, $100 etc....haqq coin (Islamic coins) free airdrops task is going on, overprotocol (free) is on just by doing task, velar is on (free) , just interact with the test net and main net, traitsniper too... Just go to twitter and follow the airdrops hunters...Lots of free airdrops just by interacting...

Thank you and I appreciate your input.
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by Kay005: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=LucasPromax post=124794957][/quote] Not really, everything you need is on Twitter... don't pay anybody, it is free...
Follow people like @TKatugwa ,@0xsmoky @bloomstarbms....they are all airdrops hunters and drops alpha thread for airdrops... remember everything is free...don't pay anyone..
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by excess4luv: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2023
DSTV and free to air installation can be learnt in a day or two depending on your trainer, that will be a good start so you can start earning some money. Buy some tools and practice on your own to perfect the tricks.
Move on to Solar Installation, it will take you some months to perfect depending on your academic background, crown it with Electrical installation, you will be a happy man.

NB: Make sure you are committed to the process, spend money where necessary. you may even suffer and face insults in the process but persevere.

I learnt while in school.

I do Intercom Installation
CCTV installation
Fire Alarm Installation
Electrical Installation
DSTV Installation
Solar/Inverter Installation
currently learning SMart Home Automation and Cyber Security.
commit your time, energy and resources you will win
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by DHaran: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
start with electrical installation and house wiring first
Re: Which Skill(s) Should I Pick? Help by DHaran: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
That is the mistake that youths in their 20 tees make while in the university.
Some out of ignorance while others out of lack of planning for their future always depending on their parents for everything.

I lost my dad in my 300l first semester no body gave me the jerk to start planning for my future and life after school. I used the opportunity of IT(industrial training) as an engineering student to go learn solar panels installation, I grabbed what I could learn but wiring was a bit confusing so when we resume school I registered to learn Electrical installation, so far I have gone far in terms of wiring of a house, surface wiring, conduit wiring.

Next skill for me is HVAC, and RAC(refrigeration and air conditioning) because it is align with my field of study.

While I am busy learning all this my course mate some too relax without direction...

Electrical installation will make you to understand any kind of wiring, so that will make DSTV, solar,and CCTV installation much easier because that's the background.

I have already design my business Card myself on Electrical installation and I am open to render my services to customer while in school studying engineering...

(1) (Reply)

On Spot University Admission! / Nigerian Military / Essay Contest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.