Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives (24604 Views)

FG Tasks NAIRAXI, Others On Interventions In Transport System / Zamfara, Bauchi, Ekiti Residents Paid Highest Transport Fares In February β€” NBS / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sanwo olu, we need 50% for lagride taxi. Ejo.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Brushstrokes20: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Really πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Impending strike, civil unrest, coup, etc is the beginning of wisdom! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Thumbs up to sanwolu anywaysπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Like I've always asserted, when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE!

# FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT πŸ’ͺ
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by oseahumenb(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wayo wayo..
How is the govt going to implement it?
How will they settle the private owners of buses?
Like Tinubu like sanwolu.
Fake people
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by beejay85: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
felong:
So if the yellow buses are reducing their prices, would the government sell them fuel at cheaper rates?
No daily ticket rate paid to the road unions will be slashed
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
25% on Danfo, how does he plan to implement that ?
I doubt if that is achievable
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by boxypane(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
ArewaNightmare:
grin nonsense talk πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Will it Reflect on Danfo and taxi's?
Absolutely no πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Wetin them dey call yellow buses?
Read again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Larryndelaw: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
endsarrrs:
lipsrsealed

Poor palliative from the Lagos
government.

More kudos to Ogun state
government palliative measures.
Always complaining about what's goes on in Lagos.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
tnerro1:
To be increased a week after strike is called off😁

They know they are dealing with Stupid beings.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Larryndelaw: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
oseahumenb:
Wayo wayo..
How is the govt going to implement it?
How will they settle the private owners of buses?
Like Tinubu like sanwolu.
Fake people
Always complaining about what goes on in Lagos. But blind to see what the governor of his state of origin is doing
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Giftexx: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
Too many underage on page1
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Yong4ever: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by fijihems: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
For how long will the palliative last?
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by MrPOTUS: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
Alliswell248:

Lost and ignorant soul.....
Lecturing you on what the government is doing is a waste of my precious time.

All sensible Yorubas have left that senile old man. Only bigots like u still support him.

An Omo ale that removed subsidy from inauguration pulpit without thinking of the effects and how to cushion it.

And he's talking of giving out a corrupt 8k as if it's what his family spend in a month.

Hope you know suffering has no tribe or religion and if u think you're still doing fine, know that there are still members of ur family and friends who this dead brain old man is tormenting with his policies.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Tonnierichy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
DEXTROVERT:
They
Are
Sensing
Revolt

Panicked
Mode
Activated

What
Stopped
These
Palliatives
All
These
Months
If dem born you well, enter street dey make noise. Na Tuc@no jet we go take tear you to shreds. Eran.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Emma1Oj(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
DEXTROVERT:
They
Are
Sensing
Revolt

Panicked
Mode
Activated

What
Stopped
These
Palliatives
All
These
Months
One thing I know and sure of is; no matter what you do, u can't pls Nigerians. Mostly the ungrateful ones. If you like cut off your hands, they will still demand for your head. He can decide to recall his statements and you can't do nadder aside shouting here on nairaland.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by frozen70(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
Offpointng:
Don't Sanwo olu thinks reducing bus fares will compel people to giving up on the trekking commission they've embarked on and return to entering vehicles thereby returning traffic back on Lagos roads??

We can't have a Nigeria with able bodied people who are agile and are too lazy to trek angry

Meaning you were so satisfied that people are going about on empty stomach and still treck to work

Always think twice before making some statements

The situation in the country doesn't need negative statements

But words that sooths the common man
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by SpockFederation: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Subonbon(m): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ahmedsuleiman:
Not a bad step from the government at all. Right decision and consideration for its people.
αΊΉ good as you talk am... But how this busses wan take see their money when the price pms still remain the same.... I pray for the best..
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Keji1012(m): 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
politicoNG:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1686046119669678080?t=Y4IgsVpOp4KqWDuYM7rUFA&s=19

If there is 25% reduction in yellow bus transportation cost, will the government be the one giving them free fuel to convey passengers ?
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by fayomim: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
visijo:
Now that fuel is #707, I’ll like to convince and not confuse you that Distance Relationship is too costly

Kindly Date your Neigbour.πŸ“Œ

You are in point

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Omobada(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
ArewaNightmare:

Next time read before comment.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Lanruze: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
In all fairness, I just don't know why I like Sanwo Olu so much.

His reelection as the Governor prove that he endeared people and humbly too.

I wish he pays attention to inner city roads through his LCDA and LGs.

Thank you Gov. It's an appreciable and thoughtful step.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Bluntemperor: 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
ArewaNightmare:

Did you read this News at all or you just closed your minds to everything and say anything that comes into your mouth, without thinking!
Did you see ' yellow buses and their body' or those who represents them!
Na wao!
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Menclothing: 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice one Mr gov
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by chidiokay: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dee60:
You remove subsidy on petrol so that you can start subsidizing blue and yellow buses! Recycling or what is that?

where did he say, Lagos state will subsidized yellow buses

Subsidy is one of the measures to reduce prices but not an option in these case, i think what the governor will do is prevail over NURTW to reduce levies/ticket i.e tax reduction

From a realistic overview, danfo prices will reduces if agbero collects less levies
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by snoopz: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
I knew Lagos will never add 10k cash for it workers since it just increased their salary early this year, only those working in alausa will enjoy that bus issh and the rest of its workers just like other citizens will have to battle it out with public drivers paying exorbitant taxes
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Akujuriobi: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
They are really playing with the sensibility of Nigerians, you announced reduction without telling the people how long the reduction will last,what happened to danfo,yellow buses owned by the private individuals, okada, Keke and suffering of the private car owners, fueling of generators? Pls this another step to deceive the masses. Let me go and sleep jare.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by ChristianMuslim: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
Those who are praising this mad people all in the name of loyalty are very foolish and u and ur generation will die miserably.. if something is black let's call it black.. those people are the reason we are still where we are.. because u hate ibo does not mean Everyone should die of hunger.. if u are in this category.. may ur children die of hunger
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by chidiokay: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Southwestidiot:

This man dey smoke something, you mean yellow buses go reduce their fare? For who? Na u dey buy fuel for them.

Meanwhile seun na mumu

Na where you see reach your thinking go end, as it dawn on you that if unions/agberos on Lagos roads collect lesser levies from yellow buses it will be a huge relieve on transporters, infact most transporters will prefer reduction in ticket to reduction on fuel price

Lagos govt just have to compel NURTW to weigh down levies on transporters ...
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by akpumping7720(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nice one Sanwo. I saw the new Lagos state staff bus today in Ajah axis conveying the workers home.
Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by olatex25(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
visijo:
Now that fuel is #707, I’ll like to convince and not confuse you that Distance Relationship is too costly

Kindly Date your Neigbour.πŸ“Œ

Mad ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives by Blackdisciple(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
Clueless man he actually increased transport fair many months back not minding what his pay master had in store for his people and this is were we are today...

Sometimes i imagine how his wife will be looking at him in some of his miserable decisions, a reduction that will later go up in no time...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer And Car Accident At Ogodu Bridge, Lagos / Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report / The Three Historic And Iconic Female Concorde Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.