Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday (20358 Views)

Niger Republic On Edge As Nigeria Thinkers Invasion Force To Oust Coup Leaders. / Attack Anyone Who Protests For Oduduwa Republic On October 1st - Yerima Shettima / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Niger Republic On Tuesday (REASONS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Racoon(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will, on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, grace the 63rd independence anniversary celebration of the Republic of Benin. POLITICS NIGERIA reports that the confirmation came via a statement released by Presidential Spokesman Dele Alake on Monday.

As the Chairman of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the statement has it that President Tinubu has been appointed as the Special Guest of President Patrice Talon in the event.

The visit will mark the second time the two leaders meet, following their initial interaction during the summit on the New Global Financing Pact in Paris, France. Subsequently, they met at the 63rd Ordinary session of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS held in Guinea-Bissau and, more recently, at the State House, Abuja, where the Benin Republic President honoured the invitation to President Tinubu.

To accompany him in the one-day visit will be six governors: Ogun’s Dapo Abiodun, Lagos’ Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Oyo’s Seyi Makinde, Kwara’s AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq, Kebbi’s Nasir Idris, and Niger’s Mohammed Umar Bago including the president’s aides.

Full statement reads:

Tinubu, six governors head to Benin Republic on Tuesday. President Bola Tinubu will on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, honour an invitation to attend the 63rd independence anniversary of the Republic of Benin.

The President, who is also the Chairman of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States, will be the Special Guest of President Patrice Talon at the ceremony.

President Tinubu had first met with Talon on the sidelines of the summit on New Global Financing Pact in Paris, France, later at the 63rd Ordinary session of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS held in Guinea-Bissau and more recently at the State House, Abuja along with leaders of three other West African nations, where the Benin Republic President invited him for the anniversary.

President Tinubu had drawn the attention of the Beninese leader to the need to review and strengthen cultural, trade and economic relations between their two countries, highlighting joint border patrols by the Customs and harmonizing regulations on the frontlines.

The President will be accompanied on the one-day visit by six governors, who were invited by President Talon, and his personal aides.

The six governors are: Ogun, Dapo Abiodun; Lagos, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; Oyo, Seyi Makinde; Kwara, AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq; Kebbi, Nasir Idris, and
Niger, Mohammed Umar Bago.

Dele Alake
Special Adviser,
Special Duties, Communications & Strategy
July 31, 2023
https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-president-tinubu-to-travel-to-benin-republic-on-tuesday/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by TemplarLandry: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
cool
God save the President!

#RenewedHope

I dedicate “Big Boy” by ChopLife SoundSystem & Mr Eazi to The Jagaban of Africa. Great jam!

45 Likes 14 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Racoon(m): 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Seat your ass down and be confronting the multi-headed economic health and other challenges bedevilling this nation @ present as a result of your myopic reasoning ability, an invalid is taking 6 governors who were supposed to be sensitive to the suffering of their citizens to a jamboree they don't need. What is really wrong with the leadership in Nigeris sef?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Tntsi: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
After 20 mins of uninspiring pre-recorded jargons from unconstitutional.
No real leader will be junketing for frivilolities when the country has almost become an idp camp.
If you are hoping on any of those jargon, you need a check up.

Nigeria is at the edge of total collaspe. The old Nigeria will only sink the nation into unimaginable sufferings. Media propaganda, with nothing on ground.

The hope of Nigeria is the new OBIDATTI Nigeria.
The obedient Nigeria is life line of our nation.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by June19(f): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ok
Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Okoroawusa: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Ozommadu: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
God save the President!

#RenewedHope

I dedicate “Big Boy” by ChopLife SoundSystem & Mr Eazi to The Jagaban of Africa. Great jam!

So e no go favor you and your family again grin

They said tinubu croaked for 20mins in his pre recorded speech today?? Laugh wan kee me

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by aariwa(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mandate thief that dumbos hyped as the appointer of best hands and technocrats that can do miracles and turn the whole of Nigeria to Lagos smh…so Wike, El rufai and other failed politicians similar to what buhari appointed in 2015 are the best the drug lord can do? I pity Agbadorians praying for miracle . Even my 5 year old knows there is no pathway to progress or redemption for Nigeria with the present set of recycled politicians but some mumus blinded by hate, bitterness and tribalism chose to believe otherwise by living in a fool paradise…increased extreme poverty coming to the Agbadorites in the next few months will wake them up from their delusions hahaha

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Throwback: 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
He is attending with Governors of all the states in Nigeria that share international boundary with Benin Republic.

Namely, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Niger and Kebbi state.

The previous President of Benin Republic, Boni Yayi, is a Yoruba man from Tchaourou (Saworo).

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Occurstaem(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
aariwa:
Mandate thief
Na so e pain u reach? grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by yarimo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
World leaders struggling to associate with Nigeria's president TINUBU

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Throwback: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
aariwa:
Mandate thief that dumbos hyped as the appointer of best hands and technocrats that can do miracles and turn the whole of Nigeria to Lagos smh…so Wike, El rufai and other failed politicians similar to what buhari appointed in 2015is the best the drug lord can do? I pity Agbadorians praying for miracle . Even my 5 yea old knows there is no way to progress or redemption for Nigeria with the present set of recycled but some mumu blinded by hate, bitterness and tribalism chose to believe otherwise by living in a fool paradise…increased extreme poverty coming to the Agbadorites in the next few months will wake them up from their delusions hahaha

Mandate thief is lost in the wilderness of failure.

E no see mandate, e no even see mango return with.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by aariwa(m): 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Throwback:

Mandate thief is lost in the wilderness of failure.

E no see mandate, e no even see mango return with.
exactly my brother. Tinubu and his supporters are cursed forever but Peter Obi movement is the obituary of all Agbadorians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by aariwa(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

Na so e pain u reach? grin
same way generational poverty and hunger dey flog you koboko every night hahaha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Occurstaem(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Throwback:
He is attending with Governors of all the,states in Nigeria that share boundary with Benin Republic.

Namely, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Niger and Kebbi state.
💯
Exactly just as I had noticed too.
I guess the President and the Governors want to finding a lasting solution to the activities of smugglers in collaboration with the Republic of Benin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Occurstaem(m): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
aariwa:
same way generational poverty and hunger dey flog you koboko every night hahaha
Sorry ooo. Lemme hit it harder.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by aariwa(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

Sorry ooo. Lemme hit it harder.
poor cowards hahaha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Kukutente23: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Remember how you used to love pmb
It was a disgrace!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Occurstaem(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
aariwa:
poor cowards hahaha
tongue

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Roniyke1234: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Military will take over before he is back.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by kokorokoman: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
aariwa:
Mandate thief that dumbos hyped as the appointer of best hands and technocrats that can do miracles and turn the whole of Nigeria to Lagos smh…so Wike, El rufai and other failed politicians similar to what buhari appointed in 2015 are the best the drug lord can do? I pity Agbadorians praying for miracle . Even my 5 year old knows there is no pathway to progress or redemption for Nigeria with the present set of recycled politicians but some mumus blinded by hate, bitterness and tribalism chose to believe otherwise by living in a fool paradise…increased extreme poverty coming to the Agbadorites in the next few months will wake them up from their delusions hahaha
not a fan of tinubu but tell me your state let's compare your govs since 1999 to wike and El rufai.

12 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by worksmart(m): 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
You sure you well?
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by slawomir: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2023
Damnnn niggar

He house dey on fire he dey travel

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by salbis(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2023
Wetin eyes dey see, mouth no fit talk am.
Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by MrsTwrite(f): 8:14am On Aug 01, 2023
I think he's going for something important.

Happy new month y'all. Do well to check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by ipobarecriminals: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2023
cool wa lo ire,wa bo ire,Eni ba ni oni lo ire,o ni de ba oooo,Aseeeeee smiley cool cheesy grin!

36 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by kcdendelo: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2023
Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Starships4u(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2023
Na so Buhari start that year,
Globe trotling...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday by Hotwest: 8:15am On Aug 01, 2023
Why not Niger republic grin

This grandpa is living his retirement dreams just like Buhari did.

It's well with Nigeria/Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igboho: Northerners Set To Give Quit Notice To Yorubas In The North / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? / Lagos Judge Reads Ruling In Darkness As Power Went Off In Courtroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.