Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey (20286 Views)

Israel-Hamas War: US Begins Evacuation Of Citizens From Israel On Friday / Niger: Mutiny In Niamey Over Unpaid Salaries Of Presidential Guards / Niamey coup: Niger's President, Interior Minister detained - Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Elmgnifico(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
The only real change comes from inside..

My intuition is telling me there will be better days. wink
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Btruth: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
BAT needs to tread softly too 🤔

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by D4gmail1: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
tongue I support Niger's military coup.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by flokii: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
Na real showdown dey come so.. PBAT said it clearly in his remerks when elected the ECOWAS chairman that NO to coup in the West African sub-region again and it must be obeyed.

After this war, PBAT should sever Nigeria ties with Niger and impose permanent border closure on Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Betanaija42moro: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
Good. Nigeria should follow suit
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by ThompsonJoo: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2023
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by stasius: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2023
Our neighbours are returning to military regime.

In as much as I detest military rule in Nigeria I want same to be replicated in Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Emola12(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2023
Remain NIGERIA embassy in niger
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Sangoamadioha1: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:
And it begins...

I'll be lying if I claim to be displeased with this Niger coup. Africa has been tied down for way too long. Decades after independence, we still live like a people still under the thumbs of Colonialists.

Much as I'm not a church fanatic, I'm pretty certain God wasn't just cruising when he declared that "since time immemorial, his children suffereth violence and oppression, and it is only the violent ones that will take their freedom by force"..

These coups are foreign backed. If you think any coup is for African liberation then you are quite naive.
It is just one faction (of the same class) replacing another faction.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by BoldBrainz(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2023
DropsMic:

Same here. Africa has really suffered in the hands of the West.

Haba!

E don do! We're all sovereign countries. If you want to form friendships and alliances, keep it at that. Don't sneakily plant military bases and personnel in our countries and be using stupid ass "diplomatic and economic ties" as fronts to be stealing our god-given resources while handing us remnants of your currencies in form of aids and low interest loans, thereby keeping us in perpetual servitude.

Make e end abeg!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Deepthoughts: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2023
DropsMic:

Africa has suffered out of our own foolishness,the Asians too were once colonized,why can't we learn from them,we are often too ready to betray ourselves for selfish gains only to turn around n blame the west, let's not stupidly assume that the Russians or Chinese are father Christmas.

8 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by DestinyNigga: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2023
DaTruths:
Its like they already know ECOWAS the western Puppet would invade Niger.

Anything that makes Tinubu to neglect the level of economic woes he's plunged Nigerians into and focus on who rules Niger that doesn't concern us, i will finally conclude he's not what Nigerians needs at this moment.

We put our hope in him, that's why we voted him.

He shouldn't make me regret voting him, because I'm already feeling somehow with his policies angry

His policy will favour me and my family. Obi supporters are now buying fuel 600 and we Agbado supporters are buying it 60 naira grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by EleventhWeirdo: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:
Tinubu no get mouth

The ECOWAS countries will regret ever making Tinubu chairman of ECOWAS.

And again, whoever that is closer to Tinubu should advice him to stay clear off this deadly war looming that may spell big problem for Nigeria if we dont stay neutral

Is that the advice from yur ipob WhatsApp? Bunch of 0bing0es cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Antoeni(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2023
He is just 35 years old, and already a Head of State. You, at your age, you are busy shouting Emi Lo Kan, Jagaban!!! You all are clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Ayohbk(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2023
DropsMic:

Why do Africans consistently blame the west for their problems ? When do we start taking responsibility for our actions and inactions ? Did the west organize the coup in Niger ? Africa is being destroyed by power hungry and greedy leaders and sheepish followers .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
I smell assualt and bombardment coming , seem Nigeria is indirectly the target ...Las las they want dey bill us for weapons and others ...Abeg make the Nigerien come over let us chop Tuwo Shikanfi and talk this over .. Anyway make boys dey prepare to go to the War Front ..Just Incase and na three countries we go dey fight at the same time... So military strategist we no want surprises o, make you na begin draft plans and get our intercontinental ballistic missiles ready..
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Deepthoughts: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
LibertyRep:
I sincerely wish Nigeria is not drawn to this Uranium induced proxy war.
Tinubu go take his gragra buy market for Nigeria,by the Asari Dokubo de boast all over,now mek him prepare him army go face niger on behalf of his master Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by 43Ronin: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
very good. The colonialists impose their slaves as leaders all over Africa so that they can continue to steal and mine our resources while distracting the citizens with terrorism and economic woes. The stupid Niger president thought that because he had the US, French and Indian bases all over his country he was immune to scrutiny and thus tried to impose himself as president for life. Niger will bring about the needed African revolution.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Dvdpity: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:
Tinubu no get mouth

And again, whoever that is closer to Tinubu should advice him to stay clear off this deadly war looming that may spell big problem for Nigeria if we dont stay neutral
Which country is ECOWAS? Do you think that Ghana Togo Benin Republic will send their people to go and die in niger because of France and USA?
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by flokii: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
Vipro:
And war it shall be!

Nigeria vs Niger won't be bad, its been long we taste our Military prowess

Let the small countries all merge together, they won't see draw in a fight with the giant of Africa.
Nigeria's Military powers sure die.
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by BoldBrainz(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

These coups are foreign backed. If you think any coup is for African liberation then you are quite naive.
It is just one faction (of the same class) replacing another faction.

I don't care about the backers of this coup, but let the status quo change. If the new backers are Russia, then so be it. We've tried alliances with the Western countries and we haven't been the better for it. Let us try fresh alliances with Russia and see what prospects that holds for us as a people.

We are not sub-humans to these whites for God's sake! Africa is the engine room of the globe. We are fucking Blacks! We're considered the Iron backs of the continent. We do the hard and dirty tasks that people in the rest of the world cannot handle. We have the brains. For once, let us take our own lives with our hands. Let us truly be independent!

And if it only takes military coups to achieve that in West Africa, then so be it!

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Bobbiee: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2023
Omo, when I look at Haiti, I feel a genuine chilling fear. So this is the fate that befalls all black nations. Haiti is the oldest black nation that is an excolony. Since 1810 or so. We know the Europeans have a hand in it, but other Asian nations were also ex colonies and Europe tried to destabilize them but failed. The way things are going, Nigeria and other ex colony black nations are heading in the same direction as Haiti. Ours would probably be much worse. Haiti at least have the same religion, the same ethnicity, etc.

That's why I am angry at the Yorubas and Northerners who let their stupidity speed up the demise of this country. I will keep wishing them the worst.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Traplord09: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:
Tinubu no get mouth

Na southwest and north go da front

Da need to cover there home land
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2023
naijaboy756:
Instability pays no one.....

The effects in the long run is usually very devastating

See Sudan.... Now Niger
The fool declaring himself president by the gun thinks those surrounding him would not want to be the president also?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Bobbiee: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Deepthoughts:
Tinubu go take his gragra buy market for Nigeria,by the Asari Dokubo de boast all over,now mek him prepare him army go face niger on behalf of his master Tinubu.

Asari would soon be the next Wagner group mark my words. Although far from being as effective and more of a laughing stock
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Hanndye: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Opportunity for a new beginning. What's wrong with the West. Can't they see the people's plight. Democracy is a scam in the black world, It only help the wrong people into power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by BigYash: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Tit4Tat1:
Buhari is the biggest looser in all of this grin
And e sweet me.. cheesy His body language don reach Niger too
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Kingosytex(m): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2023
Justme65:
Please don't be angry with me for posting this here i am in need of a help i just gave a birth but it was so unfortunate we lost the dad of my kid and since then we have been going through a lots of sufferness and with no any helpings hand, please try to help us and by special grace of God you shall never experience backwardness and an untimely death in your life amen, please if it's for us to eat for the sake of God this my account Access b, ank 16 77 15, 17 61 janet, jacob

It seems you give birth every day! I remember sending you a token sometime ago, you litter everywhere with this even on Facebook. What the f*** is wrong with you?

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by spiSeyi: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
Nothing new, from one looter to the other, from one slave master (France, Britain & USA) to another (Russia & China). Burkina Faso, Guinea & Mali has gone worse since they had a coup, and now Niger. Nothing is going to change undecided . The only thing that can change Africa is when we all take responsibility. E.g. The FG paid states double allocations state govt & LG refuse to increase salaries and the masses never held their leaders accountable. Can any African countries live like North Korea. Russia and China are behind this and in no time these countries with Junta will bcm a dead lion themselves like North Korea grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Tingotoe: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:
And it begins...

I'll be lying if I claim to be displeased with this Niger coup. Africa has been tied down for way too long. Decades after independence, we still live like a people still under the thumbs of Colonialists.

Much as I'm not a church fanatic, I'm pretty certain God wasn't just cruising when he declared that "since time immemorial, his children suffereth violence and oppression, and it is only the violent ones that will take their freedom by force"..
The problem is God never said any such thing. You just made it up to suit your narrative

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Bobbiee: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
Hanndye:
Opportunity for a new beginning. What's wrong with the West. Can't they see the people's plight. Democracy is a scam in the black world, It only help the wrong people into power.

Authoritarian dictatorship is a roll of the die. It is either you get a good leader or an evil one. In Africa's case, 8/10 you get an evil war lord.

I think it would be good if the military has the power to depose and install leaders, but shouldn't be the leaders themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision / Norway Shuts Borders, Ports To Russian Goods, Exempts Fishing Vessels / Austria Halts Palestinian Aid In Response To Hamas Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.