Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah (21249 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / Ministerial List: Joe Abah Reacts As He Didn’t Make Buhari’s List / Onnoghen Vs FG: Dr. Joe Abah Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by inoki247: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ok
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by ImoleNaija: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu’s turned out to be a worst economic illiterate than Buhari despite that he claimed to have graduated with a first class from Accountancy from Chicago State University.

Just free floating the naira anyhow thereby leading to depreciation in it value. How can someone said he said over #1T yet borrowed #300B to fund palliatives?

It's just a wish from your pessimistic mind, which would never see the light of the day. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by LegallyBlunt: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
We don't want your gutter thoughts sir.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by MrsTwrite(f): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
You don chop belle full naim make you agree every every. sad

Good evening y'all. Do well to check my signature.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by LONEWOLFJOHN: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
Taylor90:

Allow sensible people to speak for themselves

Nothing concern you

don't mind them, that's how they sugarcoat and wasted 8years with buhari
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by lexy2014: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
To be honest, PBAT looks like someone with a specific plan
Th fact that he even touched agriculture, Transportation and even creation of more MSME shows his Special Advisers actually thought this through
We are on the right track

As usual, Obi-diots, lets come and wail as usual, this is another cause of Heartbreak cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What exactly is the specific plan? Can you share the plan with us?

How did he "touch" agriculture, Transportation?

Is it Tinubu that will create more MSME?
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by RALPHOW(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
I agreed with President Tinubu, however I think some people must be punished and also forced to refund stolen money.
Where are all those vessels / ships (named MT this MT that) that used to bring Petrol to Nigeria every week now?
A reliable source said only about 30% of the usual
petrol ships now come to Nigeria.
Who are the owners of those consignment?
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by DenreleDave(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2023
grin grin
seunmsg:

Dr Joe Abah is one of them and he has spoken. Now, go to the thread meant for people who are not sensible to wail as usual.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Onuoha1234(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2023
Your thoughts are uncallef.for.What are your solution @bout the horrible life right now. Away with rhetorics.,
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Judolisco(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
Where dis man go since
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by DenreleDave(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
Beremx:
If only you were sensible as the author of your post because you seem to lack empathy on the plights of suffering Nigerians. If you want to support Tinubu, do that with your senses

My crush.... How are you doing?
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by MrTed(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Analysis of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's speech on the economy

In his speech, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu outlined the economic reforms he has implemented since taking office. These reforms include the removal of fuel subsidies, the unification of the naira's multiple exchange rates, and the introduction of a new Infrastructure Support Fund for the States.

The President justified these reforms by arguing that they were necessary to address the long-term economic imbalances that had plagued Nigeria. He also promised that the savings from these reforms would be used to benefit the people of Nigeria, such as by providing loans to higher education students and making education more affordable.

The President's speech was well-received by many Nigerians, who were tired of the corruption and inefficiency that had characterized the country's economy for so long. However, some critics argued that the reforms would lead to higher prices for goods and services, which would disproportionately impact the poor.

Overall, the President's speech was a clear and concise explanation of his economic agenda. He outlined the challenges that Nigeria faces and the reforms that he believes are necessary to address them. While some critics may disagree with his approach, there is no doubt that the President is committed to improving the economy for the benefit of all Nigerians.

Here are some of the key points from the speech:

1. The fuel subsidy was a major drain on the economy and only benefited a small group of people.
2. The multiple exchange rate system was unfair and made it difficult for businesses to operate.
3. The new Infrastructure Support Fund for the States will help to improve infrastructure and create jobs.
4. The savings from the reforms will be used to benefit the people of Nigeria, such as by providing loans to higher education students and making education more affordable.

Here are some of the challenges that Nigeria faces:

1. Corruption
2. Inefficiency
3. High unemployment
4. Poverty
5. Infrastructure deficit

Here are some of the reforms that the President believes are necessary:

▪️Economic diversification
▪️Infrastructure investment
▪️Business environment reform
▪️Corruption fighting
▪️Social inclusion

I believe that the President's economic reforms are a step in the right direction. However, it is important to note that these reforms will take time to have a positive impact on the economy. In the short term, there may be some pain as prices for goods and services increase. However, I believe that the long-term benefits of these reforms will outweigh the short-term costs.

Report Written by Comrade Ibrahim Aliyu,
Strategic Management and Leadership Consultant from Abuja
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by MadamExcellency: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
🚫💔 The Effect of Recent PMS Subsidy Removal on Poor Nigerians 💔🚫

It is with a heavy heart that I address the grave repercussions of the recent PMS subsidy removal on the already marginalized and economically vulnerable citizens of Nigeria. This decision, purportedly to streamline the fuel sector and promote economic growth, has unleashed a wave of hardships and misery upon the poor Nigerians who are struggling to make ends meet.

🔸 Price Hike: The removal of fuel subsidies has led to an immediate surge in fuel prices. For the poor who heavily rely on public transportation or depend on generators for basic electricity, this has become an unbearable burden. The increased cost of transportation and daily necessities has left many struggling to afford even the most basic of essentials.

🔸 Inflationary Pressure: The increase in fuel prices as a result of subsidy removal has a ripple effect on the entire economy. The rising transportation costs trickle down to food prices and other commodities, exacerbating the already high inflation rate. The poor, who spend a significant portion of their income on essential items, are hit the hardest by this inflationary pressure.

🔸 Job Losses: Many small businesses and enterprises that heavily rely on affordable transportation and energy sources are now at risk. With the removal of subsidies, these businesses are faced with the choice of passing on the increased costs to their customers or shutting down altogether. Both scenarios spell doom for the already high unemployment rate and further marginalize the poor.

🔸 Social Consequences: The removal of fuel subsidies only widens the already existing wealth gap in Nigeria. The poor are forced to bear the brunt of this decision while the privileged few continue to thrive. This profound economic inequality has the potential to breed social unrest, creating a vicious cycle of poverty and instability.

The recent PMS subsidy removal has not only intensified the struggle of the poor Nigerians but has also deepened their hopelessness and despair. It is disheartening to witness the deliberate negligence of those in power towards the plight of the least fortunate amongst us.

We must raise our voices and demand that our government take the necessary measures to alleviate the suffering inflicted upon the poor. This is a call to action. Together, we can put an end to this cycle of injustice and fight for a fairer and more equitable Nigeria!

#SayNoToPMSSubsidyRemovalwithoutpalliativefirst
#EndEconomicInjustice
#StandWithThePoor

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/prince-henry-ngwakwe-b86ba669_saynotopmssubsidyremovalwithoutpalliativesfirst-activity-7092169434424913920-735v?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Skillsnigeria: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Xox1945(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Doctor without common sense I expected to see whether he will mention putting refineries to work useless talk from useless and senseless Doctor

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by kokomilala(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Joe Arba Not Blinded By Sheer Emotions. He Saw Rationally

In the wake of his speech yesterday. I posited here on NL that it was- still is- Tinubu's New Deal. This is akin to what President Roosevelt did in the 1930s, when the Yankees economy was in the gutters during The Great Depression.

Roosevelt's New Deal ensured people got soft loans. He pumped about $800 million into the American economy.

Blacks don't read. So, only a few would be able to connect these dots of history together.

Tinubu's first intervention, or is it second, if one considers the Infrastructure Funds to states some weeks earlier, will have lingering effects on the socio-economy of Nigeria.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Poske95(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Kaiser20:
My thoughts on speech Tinubu's speech, Tinubu like other previous corrupt Nigerian leaders has lost the trust of Nigerians.
All of Tinubu's policies and economic recovery plans lack integrity, just take it as mere rhetoric.
When presidents and leaders lack the character of leadership the citizens will not take them seriously

Talk has always been cheap.....
Even Emefiele knew this
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by DLuciano: 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
seunmsg:
This is the opinion of most sensible people as well.
so you think anyone that toe this line is sensible, and you think you are sensible?
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by NovusHomo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Kaiser20:
My thoughts on speech Tinubu's speech, Tinubu like other previous corrupt Nigerian leaders has lost the trust of Nigerians.
All of Tinubu's policies and economic recovery plans lack integrity, just take it as mere rhetoric.
When presidents and leaders lack the character of leadership the citizens will not take them seriously

I am a Nigerian, I trust Tinubu 100%.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu’s turned out to be a worst economic illiterate than Buhari despite that he claimed to have graduated with a first class from Accountancy from Chicago State University.

Just free floating the naira anyhow thereby leading to depreciation in it value. How can someone said he said over #1T yet borrowed #300B to fund palliatives?

Una go cry tire...no evidence.

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by jumper524(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Opinion of only Tinubu supporters

Here is my opinion

This is the worst state of the nation address I have heard.

1. We are only told about how people stole Nigeria dry, but we're never told what will happen to them.

2. You know we are suffering under your administration, which means we were better off under those that were stealing the money under the subsidy regime.

3. There is so much about sharing money proposal without knowing how we are going to get better. Hmmm inflation looms with so much money in circulation

4. Nothing was said about the refineries, so what is the hope that the fuel is going down anytime soon or are we waiting for Dangote as our saviour?

5. So much rhetoric but nothing was said about public power or other sources of energy. No matter the amount of money you give to SMSEs if the operating environment with high energy consumption remains high, he may likely fail

6. Our roads are death traps nothing was said about its urgency.

7. This Government seems set to distribute money for their cronies using different schemes.

8. I see nothing new with other past administrations when it comes to bogus promises of helping farmers , increasing salaries of civil servants, and supporting SMSEs

9. Forex harmonisation is good but eventually it looks like we played into the world bank and IMF to devalue our currency. Don't we know those speculating the naira?

10. This administration seems not ready to deal with corruption headlong instead everything has been pushed to the citizens, especially to the poor Nigerians.
finding faults is always easy. How have you helped the economy in your own terms?
By public criticism?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by tnerro1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nice speech, but nice speeches don’t put food on the table
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by NovusHomo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
richidinho:
Lolz...a man that removed subsidy that benefits the poor was seen transferring N110 bn to 469 people in the parliament.

It is surprising how little some know about the workings of government. There are three branches, each with its own budget, and each independent of the other. Tinubu did not transfer any money to the national assembly.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by MadamExcellency: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
Don't ever trust the government. If they can arrange and paint Ethiopian Airline aircraft and launch it as "Nigerian Air", they are worst than Yahoo and G-boys.

Only take what is done, you can see and not " will do", or "signed". The APC Government can lie for Africa.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Fugazy2023: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Taylor90:

Allow sensible people to speak for themselves

Nothing concern you

He speaks for us sensible people and we agree with him
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by WAPINATION: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Tinubu go explain tire…make him just release nnamdi kanu thats my own for now
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by ipobarecriminals: 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
sad Allow those Children of misfortune, hopelessto continue to CRY.They dnt wish the country/government well.Nothing is good in their eyes.
seunmsg:
This is the opinion of most sensible people as well.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by ipobarecriminals: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
sad Somebody. Should translate diz to fl@theads for proper understanding sad embarassed lipsrsealed
.All they sabi nah development, drag ur state/lan ;Dd with u cheesy grin sad. 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️ on expressway/motorway with their fake CDs,'Samsong grin chargers ',cold Coke plus 📦 of gala sad cheesy.I'm outta here cheesy b4 dey chase me around with local pestle
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Babastrong(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
(20.)FARMERMONI would have been good. some farmers in rural have lands for cultivation but lack capital.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by ipobarecriminals: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
sad Eluups sad grin cheesy,hope una dey understand now undecided sad?
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by NewDea4: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by ipobarecriminals: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
cool u go support Niger with ur skeleton chest/carry
Ogbunigwe enter dey shot grin
Taylor90:
All these ones no concern me

My own na make Tinubu remove mouth for Niger republic

Because if war happens between Niger and Nigeria heaven knows I’ll support Niger

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Fashion Moguls Championing ‘Made In Africa’ Worldwide / Boko-Haram Declare War On Borno, Yobe Youths Over Vigilante Activities / Fayose Paid Ozekhome From His Share Of Dasuki’s Loot – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.