Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah (21246 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / Ministerial List: Joe Abah Reacts As He Didn’t Make Buhari’s List / Onnoghen Vs FG: Dr. Joe Abah Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Beremx(f): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
DenreleDave:

My crush.... How are you doing?
Denrele zukwanike!! Good evening to you
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by odduduwa: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Taylor90:
All these ones no concern me

My own na make Tinubu remove mouth for Niger republic

Because if war happens between Niger and Nigeria heaven knows I’ll support Niger
me too
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Moony45: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Obidients without sense wont understand this... NEEEXXXT!
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Blacktruth: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Tareq1105: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
Kaiser20:
My thoughts on speech Tinubu's speech, Tinubu like other previous corrupt Nigerian leaders has lost the trust of Nigerians.
All of Tinubu's policies and economic recovery plans lack integrity, just take it as mere rhetoric.
When presidents and leaders lack the character of leadership the citizens will not take them seriously

Which section of the citizen are you talking about? I guess you mean those from a particular region.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Alawode01(m): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
Implementation and execution is what we need The president have spoken well.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Undisputed147: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
I totally agree with you. We should all give Tinubu our support and leave sentiment
seunmsg:

https://twitter.com/drjoeabah/status/1686123165838176256?s=46
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by DenreleDave(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
Beremx:
Denrele zukwanike!! Good evening to you

Chai.. My sweet crush... When do I get to meet you? 😍😍😍
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by walozanga(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Opinion of only Tinubu supporters

Here is my opinion

This is the worst state of the nation address I have heard.

1. We are only told about how people stole Nigeria dry, but we're never told what will happen to them.

2. You know we are suffering under your administration, which means we were better off under those that were stealing the money under the subsidy regime.

3. There is so much about sharing money proposal without knowing how we are going to get better. Hmmm inflation looms with so much money in circulation

4. Nothing was said about the refineries, so what is the hope that the fuel is going down anytime soon or are we waiting for Dangote as our saviour?

5. So much rhetoric but nothing was said about public power or other sources of energy. No matter the amount of money you give to SMSEs if the operating environment with high energy consumption remains high, he may likely fail

6. Our roads are death traps nothing was said about its urgency.

7. This Government seems set to distribute money for their cronies using different schemes.

8. I see nothing new with other past administrations when it comes to bogus promises of helping farmers , increasing salaries of civil servants, and supporting SMSEs

9. Forex harmonisation is good but eventually it looks like we played into the world bank and IMF to devalue our currency. Don't we know those speculating the naira?

10. This administration seems not ready to deal with corruption headlong instead everything has been pushed to the citizens, especially to the poor Nigerians.

God bless u
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Cromagnon: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
richidinho:
Lolz...a man that removed subsidy that benefits the poor was seen transferring N110 bn to 469 people in the parliament.

subsidy benefits the rich way more
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by modernWays: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Here is my opinion

1. We are only told about how people stole Nigeria dry, but we're never told what will happen to them.

2. You know we are suffering under your administration, which means we were better off under those that were stealing the money under the subsidy regime.

3. There is so much about sharing money proposal without knowing how we are going to get better. Hmmm inflation looms with so much money in circulation

4. Nothing was said about the refineries, so what is the hope that the fuel is going down anytime soon or are we waiting for Dangote as our saviour?

5. So much rhetoric but nothing was said about public power or other sources of energy. No matter the amount of money you give to SMSEs if the operating environment with high energy consumption remains high, he may likely fail

7. This Government seems set to distribute money for their cronies using different schemes.

8. I see nothing new with other past administrations when it comes to bogus promises of helping farmers , increasing salaries of civil servants, and supporting SMSEs

9. Forex harmonisation is good but eventually it looks like we played into the world bank and IMF to devalue our currency. Don't we know those speculating the naira?

10. This administration seems not ready to deal with corruption headlong instead everything has been pushed to the citizens, especially to the poor Nigerians.

I prefer this 50 billions be channels to 50 big organisations or businesses that are capable of employing youths rather than SMSEs.

No money distributed to SMSEs under whatever schemes will ever reach the right people, so why embarking on the same path that previous governments has been following since inception of democracy.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Frezhkid10(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu’s turned out to be a worst economic illiterate than Buhari despite that he claimed to have graduated with a first class from Accountancy from Chicago State University.

Just free floating the naira anyhow thereby leading to depreciation in it value. How can someone said he said over #1T yet borrowed #300B to fund palliatives?
300B borrowed is in foreign currency and not naira..
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Luckysbab: 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Here is my opinion

Sometimes you have to look at cost-benefit. Fighting corruption in Nigeria has proven to be costly, time consuming and counter-productive in several cases. 4 years will soon be up, it isn't that far away.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Luckysbab: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
DenreleDave:

Chai.. My sweet crush... When do I get to meet you? 😍😍😍

Iyawo oniyawo shocked
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by 9jaRealist: 12:43am On Aug 02, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
To be honest, PBAT looks like someone with a specific plan
Th fact that he even touched agriculture, Transportation and even creation of more MSME shows his Special Advisers actually thought this through
We are on the right track

As usual, Obi-diots, lets come and wail as usual, this is another cause of Heartbreak cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Easier to think things “through” AFTER the fact… undecided
>
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by 9jaRealist: 12:47am On Aug 02, 2023
Luckysbab:
Sometimes you have to look at cost-benefit. Fighting corruption in Nigeria has proven to be costly, time consuming and counter-productive in several cases. 4 years will soon be up, it isn't that far away.

NOT fighting corruption is the COSTLIEST thing Nigeria can do, with NO benefits whatsoever…
Real “cost” is not the nominal price you pay for something, but the DAMAGE you suffer for not doing so.
>
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Luckysbab: 2:24am On Aug 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

NOT fighting corruption is the COSTLIEST thing Nigeria can do, with NO benefits whatsoever…
Real “cost” is not the nominal price you pay for something, but the DAMAGE you suffer for not doing so.
>

The opportunity cost in this case seem to make better logic to the Sheriff in charge. That’s fine too
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by InvertedHammer: 4:58am On Aug 02, 2023
/
Nigerians are too emotional and are easily swayed by promises no matter how ridiculous the promises may sound. That's why Buhari and Lai Mohammed used their brains to play ludo for 8 years. As if the pain from that dashed HOPE wasn't enough, they signed up for another RENEWED HOPE which was founded on the continuation of Buhari's principles. So why would anyone be empathetic to the plight of Nigerians.

They said that APC is an acronym for All Promises Cancelled. Here we go again with APC rolling out more promises...and the morons are still cheering. grin

/
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by Favourchris(f): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2023
seunmsg:
This is the opinion of most sensible people as well.

because he agreed to all ur master said.

Well tell that to the street. ….. because the street is not agreeing
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by bewla(m): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2023
seunmsg:

https://twitter.com/drjoeabah/status/1686123165838176256?s=46
The person complying this most be hi on garri
Am a stuch emilokan supporter but let me make this clear

I did not see you say no to any off his idea that's a bias assessment

Let the government direct bank to give small business soft lone with little interest 2 % for 1 year six month interest free

Then you see how the economy will boom
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by bewla(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2023
Favourchris:

because he agreed to all ur master said.

Well tell that to the street. ….. because the street is not agreeing
I agree with you totally I don't buy this nonsense

Let the government compel the banks to give loan to small business one year loan ,six month interest free at 2% interest back let's see in two years how the economy will be

Always mad people at the end of affiar

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by jaymichael(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:
All these ones no concern me

My own na make Tinubu remove mouth for Niger republic

Because if war happens between Niger and Nigeria heaven knows I’ll support Niger
Je should let those morrafuckers be. If they want coup, so be it. Not that we should be scared of them militarily but because We have our own serious and urgent issues to deal with.
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by WorldRichest: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2023
See as school dropouts who are selling inside Lagos hold-ups are convulsing
Re: My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah by tbj262968: 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Clean one year reg 012/13 XLE Toyota Camry for sale in Delta State
everything working.
5.7M negotiable.
Whatsapp/call 08163585762

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Boys Arrested In Connection With Bomb Explosion In Adamawa / Photos From Abdulkadir Kure's Burial / Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects In Kogi: Photos & Video By Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.