Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? (16245 Views)

Nord Faults Low Patronage Of Locally Assembled Vehicles / Does Car Diagnostic Kit Detect Mechanical Faults ? / PAN Faults FG's Plan To Reduce Import Duty On Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by infocentre: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
I drive C-Class Benz and I can attest; it’s a strong machine and I hardly buy parts. However, it is known for more electrical faults than mechanical. I patronize car electricians (rewire) more and occasionally check mecho.

On the same vein, I've heard of some car brands like Toyota/Honda having less electrical but more mechanical faults of major components such as engine or gear. So, which do you think is worse and more financial drain per your experience?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by buygala(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
In my opinion, electrical faults are more frustrating than mechanic faults in cars....That's why I can buy a vehicle with a knocked engine/gear but wouldn't come within 10 kilometres of a flooded vehicle...

Worst case with a mechanical fault is to replace the entire component, be it gear, engine or whatever.. But some electrical faults are village people on steroids.... Tears unlimited.. .

Some cars makes like Peugeot and Mercedes are more susceptible to these logic defying electrical issues, especially as they get older, compared to the Japanese vehicles..

Some Electrical faults will make you envy those trekking... A 'simple' parasitic drain of a car battery when parked overnight have led many into a bottom-less pit of expenses..

And the worst thing is that most naija car electricians will creat another or even multiple electrical faults while trying to solve one... Those guys are very good at bonanzas.. Solve one problem and get three for free grin

260 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by apache4: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical is worse , i drive 2012 E350 Mercedes, never had any mechanical fault before, just normal servicing as at when due, but my rewire guy isn't good at all, if you have a better rewire for me , please let me know, I would really appreciate.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by BiGVEEN58(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
mechanical fault

3 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Ekejoestar(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Depends on the type of vehicle.

When it comes to all these modern fancy cars, both electrical and mechanical faults can render the car immobile.
Meanwhile, electrical fault can't stop majority of those vehicles manufactured in the 90's and early 2000's from going to kaduna and back, but mechanical faults can render them immobile.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Okortor: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical is worse as you could be caught unaware!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mechanical faults

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by KingLennon(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
BATnical fault is worse, it can last you for 8 years sad

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Freddonance(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
None is good. Let's not pray any of the faults as above develop while in motion. You may not live to tell the story.

2 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by lafex: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
The funny thing is that u may be visiting a mechanic several times and survive but just consider ur pocket dead the first time you visit a car electrician because those people can charge a lot

11 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by southsouthking(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Pray you don't encounter a real electrical fault, it can send you packing to the village.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by okkupy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by superCleanworks(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical fault can turn your car from brand new to 4th grade where you are looking for the fault.
We all saw how electrical fault turned a MAYBACH to FIREWOOD. horrible

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Okortor: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Please help, my side chic is insisting I send my wife and kids abroad so she can move in. What do u do please?

The pressure is beyond me at this point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Abbeyme: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical all the way.

Mechanic will change the parts within a day or two, but electricians will use two weeks and haven't scratched the surface.

Vehicles can spend months with an auto electrical engineer just scanning and scanning, changing brain box, then sensors, then some electrical faults will burn the brain box and sensors, then you'll start over again with buying the complete electronic box only to discover the wirings also needs changing.

Your vehicle will become a carcass of itself, with rain and sun coming on your upholstery and interiors all because of an electrical fault.

Infact, you'll visit spiritualists for vehicle electrical problems. It's a drain for funds.

Hope I am able to convince and not to confuse you that electrical fault can make you doubt your neighbors quicker.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by b3llo(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical is worse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by donleo92(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
both are worse my brother.

just pray same when e happen you get money to repair

2 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by acesoul(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mechanical is easier to fix. It’s scrce to see a very sound and honest rewire

17 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by slawomir: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Electrical

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Almiron: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Is this even up for a debate?
Electrical!!!

14 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by wittywriter: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
Worse or costly?

Try buy another brand of car that has mechanical problems other than the Benz you drive to know....how did this make FrontPage?
Quebec91:
See question undecided like terrorist asking if to Amptate LEGS or ARMs as if anyone is better out of the two ? undecided

OP and the Mod that moved it to FP are too relaxed...lolz

Wittyness
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
G
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by Quebec91(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
See question undecided like terrorist asking if to Amptate LEGS or ARMs as if anyone is better out of the two ? undecided
infocentre:
I drive C-Class Benz and I can attest; it’s a strong machine and I hardly buy parts. However, it is known for more electrical faults than mechanical. I patronize car electricians (rewire) more and occasionally check mecho.

On the same vein, I've heard of some car brands like Toyota/Honda having less electrical but more mechanical faults of major components such as engine or gear. So, which do you think is worse and more financial drain per your experience?
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by sojayy(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Electrical faults can make someone go mad o. Even some rewires dey japa last last.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by superCleanworks(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Okortor:
Please help, my side chic is insisting I send my wife and kids abroad so she can move in. What do u do please?

The pressure is beyond me at this point.

get a life. stop wasting oxygen

20 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by 1stola: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
It depends on the car.

2 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by sharpwriter(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
infocentre:

cheesy Na you dey make German machine sentiment freak you. Most na lies as it is known they are not as reliable as their Japanese comrade.

But baba, electrical bad o so tey the thing problem fit burn car into flames. One wrong connection fit cause wàhálà. Especially in all those cars that claim to be upgraded to another year just because they change somethings inside and outside.

11 Likes

Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
With a proper scanner and very good technician, I prefer electrical faults to mechanical
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by lolu2019: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mechanical of course
Re: Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? by MorataFC: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
infocentre:

You have a C-Class Benz, this shows you are an adult and seeing the question you opened a thread for left me bewildered.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch How 35 Firefighters Struggled To Tackle A Large Fire From A Burning Tesla / Nissan Unveils Sweat Detector Cars That Tell Motorists When To Drink Water(pics) / Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.