Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). (4967 Views)

"The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna / Protests Erupt In Italy, Bulgaria Against Arms Supplies To Ukraine / EndSARS: Protest In Kano Against Insecurity In The North (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Penguin2: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
And Peter Obi continues to learn hard lessons
Nigerians have begun a โ€œwarm upโ€ protest in Kano State over the hike of petrol price from N195 to N617, naira devaluation, school fees increment and other anti-poor policies of the President Bola Tinubu-led Nigerian government.

Photographs of the protest obtained by SaharaReporters on Tuesday confirmed that the Joint Action Front (JAF) coordinated the demonstration.

SaharaReporters had reported on Monday that JAF alongside the Alliance for Surviving COVID-19 and Beyond (ASCAB) and Coalition for Revolution (CORE) declared their total support for the August 2 Nigeria Labour Congress nationwide action.

The civic organisations in a joint declaration, signed by Femi Falana (ASCAB), Baba Ayelabola (CORE), and Achike Chude (JAF) after a meeting on Sunday, which was made available to SaharaReporters on Monday, had said they would join in the protest until victory was achieved.

Titled: "August 2nd, 2023 as the beginning of nationwide resistance against fuel price hike and anti-poor policies is sacrosanct," the civic organisations had said that the minimum aim of the forthcoming struggle is the reversal of the "criminal hike of petrol from N617 to N195, reversal of other criminal policies like fee hike in public tertiary institutions, devaluation of the naira" which they noted had made life unbearable on Nigerian masses.

"We support the decision of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to call Nigerian workers and poor masses out on protest starting from Wednesday, August 2, 2023, against the wicked and neoliberal policies of the President Tinubu government, including, the severe hike in the price of petrol and devaluation of the naira."

The organisations tasked the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) with unity in their engagement with the Federal Government and encourage them to jointly mobilise for mass action.
https:///3rYIBOL

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by TemplarLandry: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
These are common NNPP thugs.
Wonders shall never end, like Pasuma I wonder.

I diss these thugs with โ€œAwodiโ€ by Asake. Great jam!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Taylor90: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
cry
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Taylor90: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Dedicate one great jamfor them

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Ezeama400: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
The protest will favour Ganduje and other dollar thieves

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by ivolt: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
I thought this was the real Kano protest but it doesn't look that way.
Even those in attendant are mostly wassup guys.
If you see real protest in Kano, you will understand better.

12 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by doggedfighter(f): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Let's go

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by doggedfighter(f): 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:

And you are a common cheap APC thug.

Thugs don't feel hardship ?

24 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Offpointng: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ipob sponsored. I'm not surprised
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by gaby(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
Una hunger just start pressup..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by slivertongue: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
The message is becoming clearer

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by AsomughaChuks05: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
Looks scanty. Very few people there. Kano looks beautiful by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by greatiyk4u(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
Testing the microphone

Tinubu was ordained by God to help distingrate Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by ovieigho(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
This government is playing with wildfire ๐Ÿ”ฅ

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by endsarrrs(f): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nano is more develop than all the SE states combine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by FreeStuffsNG: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
slivertongue:
The message is becoming clearer
The only message that is clear is that subsidy on petrol is gone. If you like pay people to protest and open multiple threads on social media, it will not bring back subsidy.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by HugeElephant(f): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
This is a paid protest sha but it's non of my business. They will need the money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Phoen1X: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
True true, hunger dey reset brain,...by this time next 6months ,una neck go don long well well...we saw it coming.
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by budaatum: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
Are they experiencing buyer's remorse, I wonder. After all, they voted for Tinubu, no?

P.s. I am obidient, but I believe the current outcomes would have been what would have been experienced under Obi because he too would have scrapped fuel subsidy and dual exchange rate. In fact, it would have been much worse because Nigerians would convince themselves he did it so Nigeria would split.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by YourMrBoo: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
Looks scanty. Very few people there. Kano looks beautiful by the way.

There is always a beginning

Endsars protest started with just 2 people.

Obidient movement was claimed to have started by 4 people tweeting in a room.

Never underestimate

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by 007kjb: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Haha those that want to teach IGBOS lesson

Our elders told us not to vote IGBO man

Belewa say make we no vote IGBOS

This is still the morning of suffering for you guys

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Seefinish: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
T
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Beremx(f): 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
I am disappointed at this protest of how many people? I expected to see an angry mob protesting. sad angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Saao(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
Penguin2:
And Peter Obi continues to learn hard lessons

https:///3rYIBOL
I thought protest is anti Islam or has something changed from the practice of Islam since Buhari left power? Anyway I only asked question, I cant drive my car any longer because of fuel hike by baba blu

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Penguin2: 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Wonders shall never end like Pasuma I wonder.

I diss these thugs with โ€œAwodiโ€ by Asake. Great jam!
Lol!

Shouldnโ€™t you be worried that NNPP thugs are now protesting against Tinubu?

I thought you people said Kwankwaso was now washing Tinubuโ€™s urine-dampened pampers?
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
renewed shege
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by AsomughaChuks05: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
YourMrBoo:

There is always a beginning

Endsars protest started with just 2 people.

Obidient movement was claimed to have started by 4 people tweeting in a room.

Never underestimate
The north didn't participate in Endsars. Anything that will destabilize Nigeria, the core north usually don't want to be part of that.
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Ttipsy(f): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Products of bigotry politics

Now the economic situation and and fvcjed government donโ€™t give a damn about you
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
U guys scavenge the internet to bring in horrible news just to taunt BAT

Una even dey wail pass those Aboki cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by NOwazobia: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
I will never join anyone to protest.

Let's enjoy the benefit of Tinubonomics together.

I am not wasting my energy on stupid citizens and tribes.
Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by Penguin2: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
007kjb:
Haha those that want to teach IGBOS lesson

Our elders told us not to vote IGBO man

Belewa say make we no vote IGBOS

This is still the morning of suffering for you guys
Lol!

You know Southeast state would be the last to ever hit the streets in the name of protesting against Tinubu.

We wonโ€™t do it.

So that they wonโ€™t say we are protesting because itโ€™s Tinubu.

We didnโ€™t protest against Jonathan, we wonโ€™t protest against Tinubu.

Because no matter what happens, the Igbo man will not be the most disadvantaged.

Government or no government, the Igbos go forever dey alright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Protests Erupt In Kano Against Biting Hardship (pictures). by slivertongue: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The only message that is clear is that subsidy on petrol is gone. If you like pay people to protest and open multiple threads on social media, it will not bring back subsidy.

Some of you are petty. Is it your protest? Is Nigeria your exclusive property? Is it your money? Is it your suffering? Support policies some sense of objectivity. Don't throw NIGERIA into wahala with your insensitive talks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Continues To Lead In Jamb Applications / See What Saraki Was Sighted Doing To Tinubu (photo) / Peter Obi Trending For The Wrong Reasons On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.