Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? (1456 Views)

FFK: Abiola, Abacha Were Killed By CIA. Babangida & Obasanjo Knew About The Plan / What's Exactly Stopping Nigeria From Having 24/7 Electricity? / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Before I begin, I would like to state that I am Igbo from Onitsha in Anambra State.

I don’t know if anyone has done this thread before, if someone has, do try to drop a link cause I want to hear people’s thoughts on the matter.

Also, opinions should not be limited to only the Biafra agitators, people from other tribes are welcome to drop comments but abeg try to keep it respectful 🙏🙏

Now what I am going to say on this matter is strictly my own thoughts on the subject and I do not which to offend or impose my beliefs on anyone.

WHAT I FEEL BIAFRA IS/WAS?
Biafra is/was a secessionist state in southeastern Nigeria that existed from 1967 to 1970. The region sought independence due to ethnic and political tensions with the Nigerian government. The conflict, known as the Biafra War or Nigerian Civil War, resulted in a devastating humanitarian crisis, with widespread famine and international aid efforts. Nigeria eventually reasserted control, and Biafra was reintegrated into the country, ending the secessionist movement. The legacy of Biafra continues to influence Nigerian politics and society.

WHY HAS THE MOVEMENT CONTINUED LONG AFTER THE WAR ENDED IN 1970?
One of the main reasons I feel the Biafra movement has continued is the persistence of ethnic and political grievances among some segments of the population in the southeastern region of Nigeria. I say segments because I do not believe that the whole Igbo community are in full support of what the movement has come to stand for and the groups that are within it.

Now, these political grievances as stated often center around issues of marginalization, economic disparities, and unequal distribution of resources. Additionally, the historical memory of the Biafra War and its devastating humanitarian consequences has left a lasting impact on the region's collective consciousness. Many people still feel a strong sense of identity and belonging to Biafra, viewing it as a symbol of resistance against perceived injustices.

Furthermore, the movement has been fueled by a desire for self-determination and calls for greater autonomy or even secession from Nigeria. Some groups and individuals believe that the interests of the southeastern region are not adequately represented within the Nigerian government, leading to renewed calls for Biafra's independence.

IS THE CAUSE JUST?
Now again I would state that I do not wish to offend anyone.

The question of whether the Biafra movement’s cause is just is subjective and can vary depending on different perspectives and historical interpretations.

Yes I do believe it is justified if your argument is based on historical marginalization and war-crimes asserted on the Biafran people. Going by the recent Presidential elections and the Lagos State Gubernatorial elections where one of the candidates was partly of the Igbo tribe, I do believe that the region’s interests have not been adequately represented within the Nigerian state and that pursuing independence or greater autonomy could be necessary to addressing these grievances.

However, the political underrepresentation of the Igbo people at Federal level is not sufficient reason to justify separatist movements. I would argue that the absence of an Igbo president since the restoration of democracy in 1999 has significantly affected the development of the region on the basis that no region in Nigeria is developed and we can barely name any political representative from the South-East that has held power and hasn’t looted funds meant for the development of the states.

WHAT STATES ARE BIAFRA STATES?
Gotten From Wikipedia: The territory of the Republic of Biafra is covered nowadays by the reorganised Nigerian states of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Cross River, Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and southern Kogi and Benue states

What States are actively involved in the movement today?
Judging by the states participating in the forced sit-at-home, I would say only the South-Eastern States, which includes: Anambra, Abia, Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

WHAT IS THE PLAN?
Nobody seem to know! No one, not even Nnamdi Kanu, Ralph Uwazuruike, Simon Ekpa or Benjamin Onwuka has laid out any survival plan.

The only plan I have heard is some South-South states would join the movement, we become rich from refining oil and we all live happily ever after. If these South-South states refuse to leave a country where they are already a marginalized minority to join another country where they would still be the “marginalized minority”, what then is the plan?

Note that the South East is in fact landlocked, and if you do not still believe it, simply go to Google Maps on your phone, look for blue markings indicating water bodies and decide for yourself how close the Atlantic Ocean is to any South Eastern state. Please do not say dredge rivers.

For a region that is solely reliant on importing goods for sales.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PLAN?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Puss360(f): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
The ability of Gowon to create more states after the civil war, is the sole reason why The State of Biafra can never come to fruition...
We might protest, drag and even cause civil unrest...but the fact is, Eastern Region of 1967 and SS/SE are totally a different entity....
If igbo are feeling being marginalized, then they should up their game... Even if they want to use heavy corruption...

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by ArcFresky(m): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
I think the plan is to claim some oil producing state as theirs and use their oil to develop.

Unfortunately, SS sef no go gree. The selfish nature of Nigerians will spoil everything.

In all, I think the SE will be the most disadvantaged if there is secession.

No farmland, no seaport, No minerals.

The only economics SE has is trade/importation. If everyone turns to trader, who will buy?

12 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
Biafra is/was a secessionist state in southeastern Nigeria that existed from 1967 to 1970. The region sought independence due to ethnic and political tensions with the Nigerian government.

False!

Biafra was declared because Gowon had granted the Ibo weary so-called minorities that were trapped in the old eastern region two seperate states.

The discovery of crude oil in the lower Niger and the intentions of the so-called minorities in the lower Niger attempts to seek for a plebiscite from the federal parliament , after their demands were denied by the Ibo dominated regional parliament is what led to the infamous Jan 15 Ibo coup.

The unification decree that did away with regions for a powerful central govt dominated by Ibos is what led to the Izon seccesionist movement from Nigeria all together, which I must add was brutally clamped down by the Ironsi military govt with Ojukwu leading the genocidal military operation to end the rebellion.

After losing out in a counter coup and seeing Gowon finally freeing the minority lower Niger Tribes from the British created and lumped eastern region, Ojukwu and his Enugu Zikists will declare Biafra and drag the same Niger Delta tribes who want nothing to do with the Ibo east into their Biafra.

Biafra was Plan B to steal the lands and resources of the Niger Delta peoples.

Pls, get your facts together.

Biafra was not an exigency declared from a point of victimisation.

No. Biafra was an aggressive Ethnic agenda to genocide and replace the SS people over their lands and resources by the ever covetous Ibos .

I hope I made my self clear.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by JagabanB: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Biafra seperation is not based on marginalization, the marginalization story is faIse and a chroñîc propaganda by the lgb0s.
The only real justification for Biafra is the sharp cultural and religîóus differences that have existed in Nigeria since it's formation which makes it impossible for integration of the people as one nation.
That's the only drive for Biafra, the key difference between SE and SW in their relation to the North is that SW has a huge Muslim population which can easily align with the north on religîóus grounds but there still exists cultural shocks for a typical Yoruba who travels to the core north, vice-versa.
The NC and SS are a population also agitating for secession but for their case, they are different tribes who are greatly marginalized far far more than the lgb0s yet they keep quiet and cañ't form a formidable movement because of lack of a unified leadership.
As for Biafra, their secession agenda is justified because of stark differences in way of life etc but NEVER on marginalization, that's a cock and buII story.
In future, with a unified leadership in SS and NC, Biafra will be used to cause a breakaway but when this breakaway happens, 5 states will stand alone as Biafra and the Biafran dreams will start looking like a nightmare, but it will definitely be too late to turn back.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Armaggedon: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
You are neither from Onitsha nor even Igbo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
ArcFresky:
I think the plan is to claim some oil producing state as theirs and use their oil to develop.

Unfortunately, SS sef no go gree. The selfish nature of Nigerians will spoil everything.

The only economics SE has is trade/importation. If everyone turns to trader, who will buy?

Biafra was and still is an ethnic chauvanistic ambition to steal lands and resources of others while claiming victim.

As long as the Ibo still holds that covetous spirit for what isn't his and continues to play the victim when they were actually the senseless aggressors, Biafra will forever remain ingrained in them until they are given a heavy reminder .

My two kobo.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
JagabanB:
Biafra seperation is not based on marginalization, the marginalization story is faIse and a chroñîc propaganda by the lgb0s.
The only real justification for Biafra is the sharp cultural and religîóus differences that have existed in Nigeria since it's formation which makes it impossible for integration of the people as one nation.
That's the only drive for Biafra, the key difference between SE and SW in their relation to the North is that SW has a huge Muslim population which can easily align with the north on religîóus grounds but there still exists cultural shocks for a typical Yoruba who travels to the core north, vice-versa.
The NC and SS are a population also agitating for secession but for their case, they are different tribes who are greatly marginalized far far more than the lgb0s yet they keep quiet and cañ't form a formidable movement because of lack of a unified leadership.
As for Biafra, their secession agenda is justified because of stark differences in way of life etc but NEVER on marginalization, that's a cock and buII story.
In future, with a unified leadership in SS and NC, Biafra will be used to cause a breakaway but when this breakaway happens, 5 states will stand alone as Biafra and the Biafran dreams will start looking like a nightmare, but it will definitely be too late to turn back.

It has always been about the oil in the SS and the coastal lands .

We have nothing in common with the Ibo.

Whatever similarities in culture we in the Niger Delta share with the Ibo, they borrowed or rather appropriated from us .

We are not one.

Our temperament and Gentile ways shows we are as opposite as day from night.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by JagabanB: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Whatever similarities in culture we in the Niger Delta share with the Ibo, they borrowed or rather appropriated from us .

We are not one.

It has always been so.
lgb0s wanted to force Benue into Biafra before they pulled out too.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by KGBKremlin: 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
tauri94:
Before I begin, I would like to state that I am Igbo from Onitsha in Anambra State.

I don’t know if anyone has done this thread before, if someone has, do try to drop a link cause I want to hear people’s thoughts on the matter.

Also, opinions should not be limited to only the Biafra agitators, people from other tribes are welcome to drop comments but abeg try to keep it respectful 🙏🙏

Now what I am going to say on this matter is strictly my own thoughts on the subject and I do not which to offend or impose my beliefs on anyone.

WHAT I FEEL BIAFRA IS/WAS?
Biafra is/was a secessionist state in southeastern Nigeria that existed from 1967 to 1970. The region sought independence due to ethnic and political tensions with the Nigerian government. The conflict, known as the Biafra War or Nigerian Civil War, resulted in a devastating humanitarian crisis, with widespread famine and international aid efforts. Nigeria eventually reasserted control, and Biafra was reintegrated into the country, ending the secessionist movement. The legacy of Biafra continues to influence Nigerian politics and society.

WHY HAS THE MOVEMENT CONTINUED LONG AFTER THE WAR ENDED IN 1970?
One of the main reasons I feel the Biafra movement has continued is the persistence of ethnic and political grievances among some segments of the population in the southeastern region of Nigeria. I say segments because I do not believe that the whole Igbo community are in full support of what the movement has come to stand for and the groups that are within it.

Now, these political grievances as stated often center around issues of marginalization, economic disparities, and unequal distribution of resources. Additionally, the historical memory of the Biafra War and its devastating humanitarian consequences has left a lasting impact on the region's collective consciousness. Many people still feel a strong sense of identity and belonging to Biafra, viewing it as a symbol of resistance against perceived injustices.

Furthermore, the movement has been fueled by a desire for self-determination and calls for greater autonomy or even secession from Nigeria. Some groups and individuals believe that the interests of the southeastern region are not adequately represented within the Nigerian government, leading to renewed calls for Biafra's independence.

IS THE CAUSE JUST?
Now again I would state that I do not wish to offend anyone.

The question of whether the Biafra movement’s cause is just is subjective and can vary depending on different perspectives and historical interpretations.

Yes I do believe it is justified if your argument is based on historical marginalization and war-crimes asserted on the Biafran people. Going by the recent Presidential elections and the Lagos State Gubernatorial elections where one of the candidates was partly of the Igbo tribe, I do believe that the region’s interests have not been adequately represented within the Nigerian state and that pursuing independence or greater autonomy could be necessary to addressing these grievances.

However, the political underrepresentation of the Igbo people at Federal level is not sufficient reason to justify separatist movements. I would argue that the absence of an Igbo president since the restoration of democracy in 1999 has significantly affected the development of the region on the basis that no region in Nigeria is developed and we can barely name any political representative from the South-East that has held power and hasn’t looted funds meant for the development of the states.

WHAT STATES ARE BIAFRA STATES?
Gotten From Wikipedia: The territory of the Republic of Biafra is covered nowadays by the reorganised Nigerian states of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Cross River, Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and southern Kogi and Benue states

What States are actively involved in the movement today?
Judging by the states participating in the forced sit-at-home, I would say only the South-Eastern States, which includes: Anambra, Abia, Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

WHAT IS THE PLAN?
Nobody seem to know! No one, not even Nnamdi Kanu, Ralph Uwazuruike, Simon Ekpa or Benjamin Onwuka has laid out any survival plan.

The only plan I have heard is some South-South states would join the movement, we become rich from refining oil and we all live happily ever after. If these South-South states refuse to leave a country where they are already a marginalized minority to join another country where they would still be the “marginalized minority”, what then is the plan?

Note that the South East is in fact landlocked, and if you do not still believe it, simply go to Google Maps on your phone, look for blue markings indicating water bodies and decide for yourself how close the Atlantic Ocean is to any South Eastern state. Please do not say dredge rivers.

For a region that is solely reliant on importing goods for sales.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PLAN?

Illiterate inferiority complex those states you mentioned are doing your cursed sit at home in south south I think?

South East is a land about to be desolate.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
Biafra : A place where the so-called "liberators" who invaded and annexed the entire SS including Midwest, began genociding the indigenes.

Instead of focusing on challenging northern troops advancing from Benue and Kogi axis,. Ojukwu was busy organising his troops to kill and displace minority peoples from their land.

Ibos were not victims.

This lie must end .

They were invaders, occupiers , rapists, looters and murderers.

Was it the SS man that carried out genocide on them in the north ?

Why did Ojukwu expend scarce resources killing civilians in the occupied SS regions ?

Victim my foot.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by KGBKremlin: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
ArcFresky:

That is why they are forcing themselves on minority in the deltan, and since they are too stupid and can't see beyond their nose sit at home is happening in all the south south States.

Mumu cursed tribe.

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
JagabanB:

It has always been so.
lgb0s wanted to force Benue into Biafra before they pulled out too.

Their madness was driven by their false claims to Jewry and the superstition of Jewish invisibility and divine powers.

Just as they are now claiming falsely they are Jews and stealing Jewish heritage as theirs, so also did they appropriate civilized norms and customs from the SS tribes.

We did not however teach them to feed on their fellow man.

They learnt that shit on their own.

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by KGBKremlin: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

False!

Biafra was declared because Gowon had granted the Ibo weary so-called minorities that were trapped in the old eastern region two seperate states.

The discovery of crude oil in the lower Niger and the intentions of the so-called minorities in the lower Niger attempts to seek for a plebiscite from the federal parliament , after their demands were denied by the Ibo dominated regional parliament is what led to the infamous Jan 15 Ibo coup.

The unification decree that did away with regions for a powerful central govt dominated by Ibos is what led to the Izon seccesionist movement from Nigeria all together, which I must add was brutally clamped down by the Ironsi military govt with Ojukwu leading the genocidal military operation to end the rebellion.

After losing out in a counter coup and seeing Gowon finally freeing the minority lower Niger Tribes from the British created and lumped eastern region, Ojukwu and his Enugu Zikists will declare Biafra and drag the same Niger Delta tribes who want nothing to do with the Ibo east into their Biafra.

No. Biafra was an aggressive Ethnic agenda to genocide and replace the SS people over their lands and resources by the ever covetous Ibos .

Igbo should pray nothing like war should happen through them in Nigeria anymore if not 200 years to come they won't recover.

I pity any Niger Delta inter marry with Igbo, they should learn from Lagos, Igbo are bad people don't give them any space.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by JagabanB: 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Their madness was driven by their false claims to Jewry and the superstition of Jewish invisibility and divine powers.

Just as they are now claiming falsely they are Jews and stealing Jewish heritage as theirs, so also did they appropriate civilized norms and customs from the SS tribes.

LOL.
Let lgb0s breathe.
The world has gone beyond forcing SS into Biafra now.
The only thing that will function is a referendum, with that, SS won't go with SE.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by KGBKremlin: 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
JagabanB:

Biafra is five states all Igbo elders and politicians know that

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by KGBKremlin: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

We are not one.

Stop inter marry with Igbo,to avoid spreading and more migrating from them in the name of in-law.

Igbo are deceitful people, they knew that they have nothing in their region.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
KGBKremlin:

Igbo should pray nothing like war should happen through them in Nigeria anymore if not 200 years to come they won't recover.

I pity any Niger Delta inter marry with Igbo, they should learn from Lagos, Igbo are bad people don't give them any space.

We should not throw a blanket on all of them.

This renewed Biafra madness is being driven by a very few of their elite and why it is being embraced by the majority is because they have been successively lying to their people since the counter coup led by Murtala that they are victims.

This was only possible because the post war narrative was dominated by their so-called scholars who were nothing but shameless liars.

The likes of Chiamanda is one of those liars who is pushing the Ibo victim hood narrative. I can't be clear on her motives on why she will be pushing this obvious lies besides mounting historical records of misdeeds committed by their war generation. Maybe that bitch wants to sell her book or maybe she is part of the Zionist movement meant to restart another senseless Holocaust burnt offering of her own people to push their own satanic materialistic ambitions.

The only reason we are talking about Biafra today is because Gowon forbade his war cabinet and those directly prosecuting the war to document it for future sake all in his (Gowon's) bid to ensure the Ibos are reintegrated back to Nigerian society.

We must counter the Ibo on their false victimhood narrative so as to not only put others on their toes of what Biafra actually meant for the Ibo back then and how it has not changed one bit ever since and to reeducate their own children on the truth.

They say that the first victim of any war is the truth.

We must keep truth alive to prevent another war.

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2023
KGBKremlin:

Stop inter marry with Igbo,to avoid spreading and more migrating from them in the name of in-law.

Igbo are deceitful people, they knew that they have nothing in their region.

Stop this.

We owe it to ourselves to truly domesticate the Ibo.

They were still holding slaves up to 1951 and offering human sacrifices openly.

They have never truly been civilized.

It is our duty to continue the good work the Europeans started.

We can save the Ibo from himself by preaching the truth to him and culturing him to rescind his barbaric parochial mindset.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by gidgiddy: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Let us never forget that Nigeria is the colonial creation of the white man. The ethnic nationalities that constitute Nigeria were ambushed into a colonial project called Nigeria in 1914. All the ethnic nationalities have had over 100 years to assess if Nigeria works for them and it is their right of self determination to decide if they want to continue being part of Nigeria, or opt for independence

I believe that Nigeria has been an unmitigated disaster and the Igbo nation should seek independence. Nigeria should give the Igbo nation referendum for them to decide if they want to remain part of Nigeria, no enforced unity ever ends well. Igbos have fought war, they have agitated and shown Nigeria and the wider world that a significant population amongst them want independence from Nigeria

Assuming the South East is what gains independence from Nigeria as Biafra, what happens next? Igbo leaders will hold a constitutional conference to draw up a long term political and economic plan, as well as the terms of engagement with Nigeria and the wider world

Nobody is saying it will be easy in the beginning, but I trust my Igbo people, they will make a success of it

I laugh when people say the South East is landlocked, far from it. A lot of people dont know that that there is no land between Abia State and the ocean. Azumini blue River runs from Abia to the ocean, demarcating Rivers State and Akwa Ibom. River ports can also be built at Oguta, in addition to the one at Onitsha

The South East is so close the ocean, and has many tributaries and waterways running from it to the ocean that it is virtually impossible for them not to have full access to the ocean with the right investment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Dafresh: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
ArcFresky:

I think the plan is to claim your papaaa and mammaaa

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
JagabanB:

LOL.
Let lgb0s breathe.
The world has gone beyond forcing SS into Biafra now.
The only thing that will function is a referendum, with that, SS won't go with SE.

Why should they even consider dragging us with them in the first place?

If anything, they are not in a position to dictate for us as there is no single benefit from the perspective of a SS person to have the Ibos in one country.

It is this arrogance I just can't phantom.

You have nothing you are bringing to the table as to why SS must consider joining you in a seperate nation.

If anyone is to drag anyone with them it will be the SS and not the Ibo

Their desperation in yoking the SS into another revamped Biafra exposes that they need us desperately.

And given the sordid history of Ibo oppression and marginalisation of the minority peoples during the eastern region and their madness in dragging us without even pretending to do any form of consultation , shows their arrogance has not abated despite the humongous suffering they incurred during the war.

Greed is truly a powerful drug.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Dafresh: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

False!

What is SS, you want to sound intelligent but you're empty so before Biafra war we have South South

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Dafresh: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

You go die on top BIAFRA, we love it when you cry for us cry cry baby cry more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
Dafresh:

What is SS, you want to sound intelligent but you're empty so before Biafra war we have South South

No nah Eastern Nigeria .

Come form am back.

Parasite that will shout injustice over almagation but is holding tight to British drawn map.

Okoro, nothing join us pass Lugard and Lugard no dey again.

Foolish 🐖

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by gidgiddy: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
KGBKremlin:

Its you Nigerians that talk about war, the Biafran agitator wants referendum from a long failed Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 12:32am On Aug 02, 2023
AntiMarxist:

False!

So in lame man terms, Oil was discovered in Niger Delta and the Ibos tried to claim it. The whole ‘66 coup thing was an elaborate plan by the Igbo people trying to take the Oil for themselves, that as well as the Biafra War was all just so they can forcefully capture the Niger Delta lands🤔

But Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers were actively part of the Biafra movement. Phillip Effiong an Akwa Ibom man was the Vice President for Biafra and later on the President when Ojukwu went into hiding. Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers have Oil as a well and were not part of the Niger Delta region, at least not until the 2000s when Obasanjo listed them as part of that region. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who was a leading figure in the ‘66 coup was a Delta man.🤔 The Yoruba man that was listed amongst the coup plotters, what was his own goal?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2023
JagabanB:

Nice perspective 👍🏾

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 12:48am On Aug 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
You are neither from Onitsha nor even Igbo

😂😂 I am not from Oba or Nkpor, aburom Nwa Otu….Abum Nwaezechima direct.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:08am On Aug 02, 2023
gidgiddy:
Let us never forget that Nigeria is the colonial creation of the white man. The ethnic nationalities that constitute Nigeria were ambushed into a colonial project called Nigeria in 1914. All the ethnic nationalities have had over 100 years to assess if Nigeria works for them and it is their right of self determination to decide if they want to continue being part of Nigeria, or opt for independence

I believe that Nigeria has been an unmitigated disaster and the Igbo nation should seek independence. Nigeria should give the Igbo nation referendum for them to decide if they want to remain part of Nigeria, no enforced unity ever ends well. Igbos have fought war, they have agitated and shown Nigeria and the wider world that a significant population amongst them want independence from Nigeria

Assuming the South East is what gains independence from Nigeria as Biafra, what happens next? Igbo leaders will hold a constitutional conference to draw up a long term political and economic plan, as well as the terms of engagement with Nigeria and the wider world

Nobody is saying it will be easy in the beginning, but I trust my Igbo people, they will make a success of it

I laugh when people say the South East is landlocked, far from it. A lot of people dont know that that there is no land between Abia State and the ocean. Azumini blue River runs from Abia to the ocean, demarcating Rivers State and Akwa Ibom. River ports can also be built at Oguta, in addition to the one at Onitsha

The South East is so close the ocean, and has many tributaries and waterways running from it to the ocean that it is virtually impossible for them not to have full access to the ocean with the right investment

You mean the water that runs through Akwa Ibom 🙄. Let’s say there is a law that states that we can even use that water, what law is stopping Nigeria from blockading the river and requesting huge tax before your vessels cross. Plus you want to dredge the river from the Atlantic Ocean through Nigeria waters? Who would let you do that? Why don’t Niger dredge the Niger River through Nigeria to allow ship pass 🤔

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Armaggedon: 2:12am On Aug 02, 2023
tauri94:

😂😂 I am not from Oba or Nkpor, aburom Nwa Otu….Abum Nwaezechima direct.
yea... Ukpabi Asika type, apparently.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invading Niger Is Declaring War On Northern Nigeria - El-Rufai Warns Tinubu / Hunger Has Made Them To Forget About Muslim Muslim Ticket. / New York Times Editorial Warns Against Third Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.