Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? (1511 Views)

FFK: Abiola, Abacha Were Killed By CIA. Babangida & Obasanjo Knew About The Plan / What's Exactly Stopping Nigeria From Having 24/7 Electricity? / Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

Igbos dont actually need anyone, nobody own the international waterways, Rivers or oceans. The United nstions have designated them as "property of mankind"

You can on land land, but nobody ever owns oceans and Rivers

Ewu Biafra.

Come and claim coastal waters in SS and our rivers and see if you won't end up as fish food.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by AntiMarxist: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

Says the unity beggar who cannot do without Igbos being in his long failed "one Nigeria"

Coming from the attaché by force Okoro who can't phantom being on their own without encroaching into SS.

Okoro face your Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Abegi.

Some misguided elements that got poisoned with Zikism and a sprinkling of token traitors within the ranks of Ojukwu's rogue army does not translate total support from the people of the SS

There are Yorubas supporting Obi but does that make the crass Obidient movement a joint Ibo -Yoruba movement ?

Why did people from these aforementioned segments kick the Ibos out from their midst after they were liberated by Nigerian federal forces ?

Why did SS people go all out to seize Ibo property and never gave it back when Biafran troops were chased away from their lands?

So the non Igbo people involved the movement do not speak for their tribesmen, but the Igbos involved in the coup are representative of the whole Igbo clan? Ojukwu’s Biafra response was as a result of the igbo killings in the north. The coup might have led to that response but I doubt Biafra was the aim.

I would correct you by saying Obidient is in no way an Igbo movement. It is a movement in support of a man we believe is the right choice to lead Nigeria, it has nothing to do with his tribe, we supported Jonathan and he was SS, we supported Obasanjo and he was SW….go to the East and see how people still speak highly of Musa Yaradua God bless his soul…he was a Northerner. The moment we show support for an Igbo man it becomes a tribal thing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
JagabanB:

lgb0s or Biafra need SS far far more than SS will ever need them.
Forming of any other other country now should be by dialogue, we dialogue why we want you and you want us.
Biafra will need the SS access to the ocean, they will need oil etc.
But it should be an alliance of equal members in this day not forcing the union.
The way I think it, NC and some NE/NW like Taraba and Southern Kaduna should make an alliance with people of SS, this way, they can stand a better chance as united front for agitation.
These people are all minor trîbès and it will benefit them both better, they will get SS access to the ocean and their arable land will help to make up for the damaged lands in SS in terms of agriculture.
That's way better than NC or some part of SS going here and there.
I don't know much about Ijaw nation like some people are saying but this is from my perspective is ok.
Yorubas to their tent, lgb0s alike and Hausa-Fulani.
But lgb0s forcing SS into them is a major setback in their quest already.
That was the reason Biafra was not actualized with Ojukwu.
But seems greed knows no bounds.

Probably the only sensible thing I have read
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

You can only own land, nobody owns the Rivers or ocean

Take your vessel to US waters or Russias water without authorization and see if you would not face their Navy

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

You guys don't get it, what you are call8ng territorusl water us because Biafra is yet to be. Assuming tge South East becomes Biafra tomorrow, it will also have its territorial water

The thing about the South East is that is has many water ways, including the river Niget, that runs through it and some of them ate just a few miles to the sea

Another thing Nigerians dont understand is that if the South East becomes a seperate country, section 125 of UNCLOS comes into effect which will prevent Nigeria from denying Biafra access to the sea via its many water ways

Under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), coastal states have sovereignty over their internal waters and territorial seas, including the rivers that flow within their territories. UNCLOS recognizes the principle of non-interference in the internal waters and territorial seas of other states. Thus, any activities, including dredging, that affect these areas would require the consent of the coastal state and if the SS remains with Nigeria and refuses to give you consent to dredge the rivers🤔

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
Okoroawusa:
The plan is simple... it's nzogbu nzogbu

😂😂😂 We move ✊🏾✊🏾

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ngozi123:
@Op

1) I don't believe you are Igbo as you don't seem to know that there are Igbo communities outside the South-East.

2) Most want a referendum to be conducted in their areas as self-determination should be determined by the people.

3) You claim that the Igbos not having a president isn't enough just cause to want to leave Nigeria so I have to ask you again, are you really an Igbo man?

If you as a citizen cannot even dream of attaining the highest honour in your country then what business have you of being in it?

4) Your claims about corrupt SE politicians are right and I'm happy you've mentioned it because for the first time in a long time, Igbo people are starting to hold their politicians accountable. We owe that to Peter Obi, btw.

Only Igbo people are quick to tell other Igbo people that they are not, I don’t think any other tribe does it. I am from Onitsha, my family is known in Onitsha, I know of my kinsmen in Delta, the Ọ̀nị̀chà Ugbo, Ọ̀nị̀chà Ukwu, Ọ̀nị̀chà Olona…..but let’s say in some distinct reality I am not Igbo, I don’t even think I sound dumb to not know how to make research on google.

Plus I don’t think I ever said Igbo people should not go for the Presidency, in fact I joined the Labour Party movement in my state of resident, go on Twitter @iamtauri and see if I do not support Obi.

I only stated that we cannot blame the underdevelopment in the South-East on the fact that we have not produced a president since 99’, no Nigerian president has used their position to better their regions, all they care about is their own interests. Second, how many Igbo Governors can you name that has not looted funds meant for development, we have seen how Seyi Makinde has improved his state, we saw how Ukpabio improved Akwa Ibom and Udom Emmanuel continued. I can think of numerous ways we can improve our states to an extent. Make it better for us, but instead we are shutting down economy in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, we are burning down Igbo properties to support one man. We are killing our selves, I am pained and that has prompted me to ask this question, WHAT IS THE PLAN IF WE GET BIAFRA? Would we Magically start manufacturing good Politicians that wouldn’t steal? See my governor Soludo, wouldn’t he be part of the leading party if we get Biafra today?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Abufo: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
tauri94:
Before I begin, I would like to state that I am Igbo from Onitsha in Anambra State.

I don’t know if anyone has done this thread before, if someone has, do try to drop a link cause I want to hear people’s thoughts on the matter.

Also, opinions should not be limited to only the Biafra agitators, people from other tribes are welcome to drop comments but abeg try to keep it respectful 🙏🙏

Now what I am going to say on this matter is strictly my own thoughts on the subject and I do not which to offend or impose my beliefs on anyone.

WHAT I FEEL BIAFRA IS/WAS?
Biafra is/was a secessionist state in southeastern Nigeria that existed from 1967 to 1970. The region sought independence due to ethnic and political tensions with the Nigerian government. The conflict, known as the Biafra War or Nigerian Civil War, resulted in a devastating humanitarian crisis, with widespread famine and international aid efforts. Nigeria eventually reasserted control, and Biafra was reintegrated into the country, ending the secessionist movement. The legacy of Biafra continues to influence Nigerian politics and society.

WHY HAS THE MOVEMENT CONTINUED LONG AFTER THE WAR ENDED IN 1970?
One of the main reasons I feel the Biafra movement has continued is the persistence of ethnic and political grievances among some segments of the population in the southeastern region of Nigeria. I say segments because I do not believe that the whole Igbo community are in full support of what the movement has come to stand for and the groups that are within it.

Now, these political grievances as stated often center around issues of marginalization, economic disparities, and unequal distribution of resources. Additionally, the historical memory of the Biafra War and its devastating humanitarian consequences has left a lasting impact on the region's collective consciousness. Many people still feel a strong sense of identity and belonging to Biafra, viewing it as a symbol of resistance against perceived injustices.

Furthermore, the movement has been fueled by a desire for self-determination and calls for greater autonomy or even secession from Nigeria. Some groups and individuals believe that the interests of the southeastern region are not adequately represented within the Nigerian government, leading to renewed calls for Biafra's independence.

IS THE CAUSE JUST?
Now again I would state that I do not wish to offend anyone.

The question of whether the Biafra movement’s cause is just is subjective and can vary depending on different perspectives and historical interpretations.

Yes I do believe it is justified if your argument is based on historical marginalization and war-crimes asserted on the Biafran people. Going by the recent Presidential elections and the Lagos State Gubernatorial elections where one of the candidates was partly of the Igbo tribe, I do believe that the region’s interests have not been adequately represented within the Nigerian state and that pursuing independence or greater autonomy could be necessary to addressing these grievances.

However, the political underrepresentation of the Igbo people at Federal level is not sufficient reason to justify separatist movements. I would argue that the absence of an Igbo president since the restoration of democracy in 1999 has significantly affected the development of the region on the basis that no region in Nigeria is developed and we can barely name any political representative from the South-East that has held power and hasn’t looted funds meant for the development of the states.

WHAT STATES ARE BIAFRA STATES?
Gotten From Wikipedia: The territory of the Republic of Biafra is covered nowadays by the reorganised Nigerian states of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Cross River, Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Delta and southern Kogi and Benue states

What States are actively involved in the movement today?
Judging by the states participating in the forced sit-at-home, I would say only the South-Eastern States, which includes: Anambra, Abia, Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

WHAT IS THE PLAN?
Nobody seem to know! No one, not even Nnamdi Kanu, Ralph Uwazuruike, Simon Ekpa or Benjamin Onwuka has laid out any survival plan.

The only plan I have heard is some South-South states would join the movement, we become rich from refining oil and we all live happily ever after. If these South-South states refuse to leave a country where they are already a marginalized minority to join another country where they would still be the “marginalized minority”, what then is the plan?

Note that the South East is in fact landlocked, and if you do not still believe it, simply go to Google Maps on your phone, look for blue markings indicating water bodies and decide for yourself how close the Atlantic Ocean is to any South Eastern state. Please do not say dredge rivers.

For a region that is solely reliant on importing goods for sales.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PLAN?

This is how someone who has not followed Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's broadcasts closely thinks and reasons!...............! Biafra if we are to be honest is just one of the symptoms of what ails Nigeria..............It is not the disease itself......Biafra agitation is syptomatic of our failings as a federal state!

The actual disease itself is the fact that 2 major tribes......Fulani and Yoruba,allies during the civil war have since then conspired to "capture the Nigerian state" by foistering on all of us a monstrous federal structure that is federal only in words! The fulani being the senior partner and the yorubas acting as their ever loyal "side kick"!!!

Biafra has almost become the only source of comfort and solace for an Igbo population that is constantly subjected to all manner of subjugation and marginalisation! The Igbo elite is populated by vagabonds and vandals that owe their wealth and influence to big fulani politicians in Abuja...............The strategic mistake that Kanu made is that he started his fight with Abuja first......he ought to have switched to harassing the extremely corrupt Igbo political class first after achieving his initial notoriety! By the time he realized his mistake......the same Igbo politicians invited the army to take him out! since 2017 Kanu has just been floundering.....he could not take out the igbo politicians militarily nor politically..........the last gamble was to set up ESN to bolster the waning confidence in IPOB but the outfit was not funded nor properly armed...............and they were soon decimated by security forces.............at least much of the initial rank! I feel it was a desperate Kanu ,that was tempted or lured into kenya to be kidnapped.........Why did Kanu go to Kenya? was he trying to cash out like Uwazurike or Asari..................or was his apparent messianic complex forcing him to hand himself over to be crucified.......for now its 50-50 that either was the case!

Just before Kanu was kidnapped he suddenly became closer to Simon Ekpa.......what did they discuss about moving the Biafra project forward? Nobody knows for sure! If there was no division between the 2 men before Kanu's kidnap, there is a deep divide between the IPOB that kanu set up and the parallel neo-IPOB that Simon leads today...................Simon Ekpa has limited military experience and has the tactical discipline of a seasoned athlete............his new ESN has been harder for the army to dislodge and they seem to be far more resourced ! Is Simon Ekpa able to bring Biafra?........certainly not!! However Simon has proven to be quite astute and pragmatic, he has a working agreement with other ethnic groups and freedom fighting units..............Most of what Simon says is propaganda but he is also on the ground with his now dispersed ESN units...............the ESN units most likely is not a liberation outfit but a counter force to the herdsmen menace and limited protection against the inevitable army raids!

My final take is that Kanu and even Simon Ekpa are pragmatic enuff to make do with a restructured federation............which the current national order led by fulani and yoruba people detest! A restructured federation will grant Ndigbo unfettered access to their considerable gas deposits and control of local police! These are the 2 critical factors of control that the Fulani/yoruba hegemony has always used to curb a heady and rebellious group like Ndigbo, they will never compromise and have their vice like grip on the nation's treasury and security loosened by even 1 inch! ...........................The fulani/yoruba hegemony will rather go to war than allow Igbo access to "cash or guns" !!! This is the koko of the matter! Biafra is just a tool for woke igbo people to negotiate a better deal , fulani/yoruba hegemony know this and will not for now use the full might of the army to crush ESN ,so they are using false flag operations,proxies like Asari and employing limited kinetic operations to keep ESN in check.............the worst instigators of violence has been the Igbo governors, who know they are finished if Kanu is released and government dialogues with IPOB at any level........they want the gravy train to last forever............they prefer to be in control of their ill developed fiefdoms { where they have unlimited access to state funds} than actually fight for a better lot for their people!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Omoawoke: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
Puss360:
The ability of Gowon to create more states after the civil war, is the sole reason why The State of Biafra can never come to fruition...
We might protest, drag and even cause civil unrest...but the fact is, Eastern Region of 1967 and SS/SE are totally a different entity....
If igbo are feeling being marginalized, then they should up their game... Even if they want to use heavy corruption...

The entire southeast no even pass oyo state sef
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Omoawoke: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

You can only own land, nobody owns the Rivers or ocean

When we call most of you illiterates, it looks like an insult
But you need to exit those nzobu nzobu whatzap groups, your IQ won’t upgrade

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Omoawoke: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

You guys don't get it, what you are call8ng territorusl water us because Biafra is yet to be. Assuming tge South East becomes Biafra tomorrow, it will also have its territorial water

The thing about the South East is that is has many water ways, including the river Niget, that runs through it and some of them ate just a few miles to the sea

Another thing Nigerians dont understand is that if the South East becomes a seperate country, section 125 of UNCLOS comes into effect which will prevent Nigeria from denying Biafra access to the sea via its many water ways

Tell me what access to sea Niger republic have?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by TimiofEde: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
We the yoruba moslems are always obsessed with the great Igbos and matters concerning Biafra while there's a ritual menace ravaging our dusty brown roof Republic.

May God help we the yoruba moslems and save us from our self imposed wickedness and hate.
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Puss360(f): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Omoawoke:

The entire southeast no even pass oyo state sef
Total southeast landmass is approx 29,500km2..
That's just above Oyo which is 28,454km2...
The remaining states pictured below are "Each, bigger than the whole southeast combined"...

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by gidgiddy: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
tauri94:

Under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), coastal states have sovereignty over their internal waters and territorial seas, including the rivers that flow within their territories. UNCLOS recognizes the principle of non-interference in the internal waters and territorial seas of other states. Thus, any activities, including dredging, that affect these areas would require the consent of the coastal state and if the SS remains with Nigeria and refuses to give you consent to dredge the rivers🤔

The point it that UNCLOS also does not allow Nigeria to deny Biafra access to the Sea. There may be discussions that to be done around security, customs, border checks, however, this idea that Nigeria will have blanket power from stopping Biafra from access to sea

But beyond all this, one gaining independence from the failed State of Nigeria is worth more than any access to the sea.

Ethoipia, Niger, Guinea and many others in Africa are are landlocked but still surviving, So I dont know what this obsession with coastline is
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by gidgiddy: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Puss360:

Total southeast landmass is approx 29,500km2..
That's just above Oyo which is 28,454km2...
The remaining states pictured below are "Each, bigger than the whole southeast combined"...

Has snyone ever recieved award for the size of theur kand?

Japan is a small country but is the richest country in the world

All of Nigeria is roughly the size of the State of Texas. The state of Alaska is like 6 times the size of Nigeria

Its not about the size of your land, its all about what you can offer
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Raf4: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:
Let us never forget that Nigeria is the colonial creation of the white man. The ethnic nationalities that constitute Nigeria were ambushed into a colonial project called Nigeria in 1914. All the ethnic nationalities have had over 100 years to assess if Nigeria works for them and it is their right of self determination to decide if they want to continue being part of Nigeria, or opt for independence

I believe that Nigeria has been an unmitigated disaster and the Igbo nation should seek independence. Nigeria should give the Igbo nation referendum for them to decide if they want to remain part of Nigeria, no enforced unity ever ends well. Igbos have fought war, they have agitated and shown Nigeria and the wider world that a significant population amongst them want independence from Nigeria

Assuming the South East is what gains independence from Nigeria as Biafra, what happens next? Igbo leaders will hold a constitutional conference to draw up a long term political and economic plan, as well as the terms of engagement with Nigeria and the wider world

Nobody is saying it will be easy in the beginning, but I trust my Igbo people, they will make a success of it

I laugh when people say the South East is landlocked, far from it. A lot of people dont know that that there is no land between Abia State and the ocean. Azumini blue River runs from Abia to the ocean, demarcating Rivers State and Akwa Ibom. River ports can also be built at Oguta, in addition to the one at Onitsha

The South East is so close the ocean, and has many tributaries and waterways running from it to the ocean that it is virtually impossible for them not to have full access to the ocean with the right investment

Can you show us the map of where abia state kisses the ocean without passing thru Rivers or Akwa-Ibom states?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Raf4: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

Mali, Guinea and Niger are not 25 nautical miles from the ocean like the South East

Can you mention a single country anywhere in the world that jumps another country to claim access to the ocean, even if it's 1 nautical mile away?
When the chips are down even UN will look the other way round. O.Y.O will be your case.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Wahabfuture: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Raf4:

Can you mention a single country anywhere in the world that jumps another country to claim access to the ocean, even if it's 1 nautical mile away?
When the chips are down even UN will look the other way round. O.Y.O will be your case.

I am laughing at your stupidity, the most important thing is to leave the one Nigeria first and the Igbos will handle the rest obstacles but you don't want them to go because you find them so precious. grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Wahabfuture: 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Raf4:

Funny you, what if one state from the south south decide to join Biafra, I know you will just drink sniper that day grin
God work in miraculous way, when the time I am sure the Igbos will negotiate with one of the state like Rivers or cross river state

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Raf4: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Funny you, what if one state from the south south decide to join Biafra, I know you will just drink sniper that day grin
God work in miraculous way, when the time I am sure the Igbos will negotiate with one of the state like Rivers or cross river state

That's what you're supposed to be doing. Seek their opinions and let them know why they should join you. Not this your nzogbu nzogbu style of trying to rail-road them into joining you by forcing your Igbo identity on them or by covetously claiming that their land belongs to you.
Hope you'll be humble enough to accept them as your principal/senior partners.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by Raf4: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wahabfuture:

I am laughing at your stupidity, the most important thing is to leave the one Nigeria first and the Igbos will handle the rest obstacles but you don't want them to go because you find them so precious. grin

The stupidity here is that you couldn't mention a single country in whole wide world where your delusional biafra access to ocean is obtainable. You just have to res to insult to cover up as per your usual regional character.
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abufo:

This is how someone who has not followed Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's broadcasts closely thinks and reasons!...............! Biafra if we are to be honest is just one of the symptoms of what ails Nigeria..............It is not the disease itself......Biafra agitation is syptomatic of our failings as a federal state!

The actual disease itself is the fact that 2 major tribes......Fulani and Yoruba,allies during the civil war have since then conspired to "capture the Nigerian state" by foistering on all of us a monstrous federal structure that is federal only in words! The fulani being the senior partner and the yorubas acting as their ever loyal "side kick"!!!

Biafra has almost become the only source of comfort and solace for an Igbo population that is constantly subjected to all manner of subjugation and marginalisation! The Igbo elite is populated by vagabonds and vandals that owe their wealth and influence to big fulani politicians in Abuja...............The strategic mistake that Kanu made is that he started his fight with Abuja first......he ought to have switched to harassing the extremely corrupt Igbo political class first after achieving his initial notoriety! By the time he realized his mistake......the same Igbo politicians invited the army to take him out! since 2017 Kanu has just been floundering.....he could not take out the igbo politicians militarily nor politically..........the last gamble was to set up ESN to bolster the waning confidence in IPOB but the outfit was not funded nor properly armed...............and they were soon decimated by security forces.............at least much of the initial rank! I feel it was a desperate Kanu ,that was tempted or lured into kenya to be kidnapped.........Why did Kanu go to Kenya? was he trying to cash out like Uwazurike or Asari..................or was his apparent messianic complex forcing him to hand himself over to be crucified.......for now its 50-50 that either was the case!

Just before Kanu was kidnapped he suddenly became closer to Simon Ekpa.......what did they discuss about moving the Biafra project forward? Nobody knows for sure! If there was no division between the 2 men before Kanu's kidnap, there is a deep divide between the IPOB that kanu set up and the parallel neo-IPOB that Simon leads today...................Simon Ekpa has limited military experience and has the tactical discipline of a seasoned athlete............his new ESN has been harder for the army to dislodge and they seem to be far more resourced ! Is Simon Ekpa able to bring Biafra?........certainly not!! However Simon has proven to be quite astute and pragmatic, he has a working agreement with other ethnic groups and freedom fighting units..............Most of what Simon says is propaganda but he is also on the ground with his now dispersed ESN units...............the ESN units most likely is not a liberation outfit but a counter force to the herdsmen menace and limited protection against the inevitable army raids!

My final take is that Kanu and even Simon Ekpa are pragmatic enuff to make do with a restructured federation............which the current national order led by fulani and yoruba people detest! A restructured federation will grant Ndigbo unfettered access to their considerable gas deposits and control of local police! These are the 2 critical factors of control that the Fulani/yoruba hegemony has always used to curb a heady and rebellious group like Ndigbo, they will never compromise and have their vice like grip on the nation's treasury and security loosened by even 1 inch! ...........................The fulani/yoruba hegemony will rather go to war than allow Igbo access to "cash or guns" !!! This is the koko of the matter! Biafra is just a tool for woke igbo people to negotiate a better deal , fulani/yoruba hegemony know this and will not for now use the full might of the army to crush ESN ,so they are using false flag operations,proxies like Asari and employing limited kinetic operations to keep ESN in check.............the worst instigators of violence has been the Igbo governors, who know they are finished if Kanu is released and government dialogues with IPOB at any level........they want the gravy train to last forever............they prefer to be in control of their ill developed fiefdoms { where they have unlimited access to state funds} than actually fight for a better lot for their people!

I completely missed the point you were trying to make. The question was what is the plan if the Igbo nation is allowed to be independent. How do we survive being a new nation when the political class from the South East are still as corrupt as every region in Nigeria. How do we survive if we do not support ourselves. How do we survive if we still believe some Igbo tribes are superior. How do we survive if we still do not intra-marry. How do we marry if we are bringing all the vices that has left our region in absolute disarray to a new Biafra.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
gidgiddy:

The point it that UNCLOS also does not allow Nigeria to deny Biafra access to the Sea. There may be discussions that to be done around security, customs, border checks, however, this idea that Nigeria will have blanket power from stopping Biafra from access to sea

But beyond all this, one gaining independence from the failed State of Nigeria is worth more than any access to the sea.

Ethoipia, Niger, Guinea and many others in Africa are are landlocked but still surviving, So I dont know what this obsession with coastline is

You just named some of the poorest countries in the world

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wahabfuture:

But we have not been handling our states bros.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by gidgiddy: 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
tauri94:

You just named some of the poorest countries in the world

Is Nigeria doing better than them as world poverty capital?
Re: What Exactly Is The Plan For Biafra? by tauri94(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Random Thoughts

Why is the South-East under developed? I get it that all of Nigeria is underdeveloped, but we claim to want to do better when we are allowed to govern ourselves. Wouldn’t the right thing be to start showing signs? Or is the Federal government somehow hindering that growth? 🤷‍♀️

Anambra State has almost 100% Arable Soil, Lagos State has the population. How come we are not speaking to the Lagos state government to be one of the major food suppliers🤔 Hear me first, the roads might be bad, but the government already waste money on a lot of things that do not benefit the people. Would airlifting farm produce be an impossible mission? Imo state has one of Nigeria’s largest Oil Palm Plantation. Ogun state has most of the factories that use Oil Palm produce. It seems like 1 + 1 to me but I might be wrong.

Aba market claims to be home of textile. We are seeing fashion brands spring up in Lagos with most of the clothes coming from China.🤔 Cotton and Leather could come from the North 🤷‍♀️ Nigeria is the largest cotton producer in Africa and the 7th largest in the world. Why are all these deals not happening?

Who would fund them? Individuals can fund these deals….we’ve seen people loose a lot of money from Ponzi schemes. Why can’t the government create legit investment platforms, where these individuals can invest in government projects and be guaranteed returns?

Imagine we import fish and we have water everywhere. All it takes is for someone in power to want to the smart thing, not about the right thing….the smart thing would be to make more money, even if you want to steal….the more money you can make the more money you can steal. But you would be creating a means of livelihood for your people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nominees Tinubu Shouldn't Have Nominated / Largest Tribe In The South South / Kogi Guber: We'll Ensure Overwhelming Victory For Apc's Ododo In November - Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.