Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,567 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 (658 Views)

EFCC Arrests Kwara Pastor Adeniyi James For Defrauding Church Member N3.9m / Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by peekspot(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2023

Two siblings, Godwin Enahoro and Rosemary Enahoro, were on Friday arraigned before a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court sitting in Lagos Island for allegedly defrauding a woman by obtaining $98,700, which is equivalent to N74.2m under the pretence of helping her recover her property.

The defendants are facing 10 counts of conspiracy, impersonation, obtaining, stealing, threat to life and receiving stolen property.

The prosecutor, Inspector Cyriacus Osuji, told the court that the first defendant and others still at large conspired to commit the offence.

He said the incident took place between June 7 and 13, 2023 in Lagos.

Osuji said the first defendant, on July 7, 2023, fraudulently obtained $13,500, from one Catherin Faw.

The prosecutor also said on June 13, the first defendant further obtained $85,200, from the complainant.

He accused the first defendant of falsely presenting himself to Faw as an INTERPOL agent in a position to help her recover her property.

Osuji also told the court that the second defendant received N10m, being proceeds of fraud, property of Faw.

The siblings pleaded not guilty to the charges and were granted bail by Magistrate E. O. Ogunkanmi in the sum of N5m each with two sureties in like sum.

The magistrate adjourned the case till August 25, 2023, for mention, while the defendants were remanded pending the perfection of their bail conditions.
https://punchng.com/siblings-arraigned-for-defrauding-woman-of-98700/
Re: Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by Taylor90: 12:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by immortalcrown(m): 12:43am On Aug 02, 2023
Family...
Re: Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by DSS1335: 1:03am On Aug 02, 2023
During my youthful years as an undergraduate at Uniport between 2001 to 2006. I was unlucky to be surrounded by friends who made it big at the peak of the "inheritance scam".

Even though I learned the skill, it was very difficult on my part to do it. In futility, I tried to kill my conscience. It was then, it dawned on me that scammers are murderers. If they can fleece an elderly man/woman of their wealth, then they are capable of putting a bullet through their head

since then, I have made it a duty to spoil the work of scammers in whatever guise they present themselves. I know how many of them that are currently in efcc custody in Port Harcourt courtesy of my report.
You see those "anonymous collective" pages on Facebook, pretending to know everything happening around the globe even the outcome of a sports event, they are 100 percent scammers. Any person who posted a winning ticket claiming that it was a predetermined outcome is a bloody thief. No doubt you can win big in sports betting if you keep greeds out of the equation, never get carried away by anyone who claims they have access to sure odds, you will lose your money to a lazy, poverty-stricken scammer.

For all scammers or those intending to join the league, this advice is for you. No matter how long it takes nemesis must catch up with your misdeeds, there is no repentance without restitution! You still have the choice now to keep your conscience clean!!

3 Likes

Re: Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by emmy512: 5:06am On Aug 02, 2023
DSS1335:
During my youthful years as an undergraduate at Uniport between 2001 to 2006. I was unlucky to be surrounded by friends who made it big at the peak of the "inheritance scam".

Even though I learned the skill, it was very difficult on my part to do it. In futility, I tried to kill my conscience. It was then, it dawned on me that scammers are murderers. If they can fleece an elderly man/woman of their wealth, then they are capable of putting a bullet through their head

since then, I have made it a duty to spoil the work of scammers in whatever guise they present themselves. I know how many of them that are currently in efcc custody in Port Harcourt courtesy of my report.
You see those "anonymous collective" pages on Facebook, pretending to know everything happening around the globe even the outcome of a sports event, they are 100 percent scammers. Any person who posted a winning ticket claiming that it was a predetermined outcome is a bloody thief. No doubt you can win big in sports betting if you keep greeds out of the equation, never get carried away by anyone who claims they have access to sure odds, you will lose your money to a lazy, poverty-stricken scammer.

For all scammers or those intending to join the league, this advice is for you. No matter how long it takes nemesis must catch up with your misdeeds, there is no repentance without restitution! You still have the choice now to keep your conscience clean!!
Are you me? Or I'm you
Everything you've said here is how I feel about scammers.

I even have plans to try out effc as full time job before I turn 30.
Maybe a unit of my own I call petty fraud unit.

For the wannabes,
Those that scam even 4k would fall under this.

I believe treating them early reduces their number

2 Likes

Re: Siblings Arraigned For Defrauding Woman Of $98,700 by MySolace: 7:20am On Aug 03, 2023
Ladies don dey pull weight too...?

(1) (Reply)

Eyewitness Calls Out Man After Catching Him With Teenage Girl In The Bush (Video / Woman Stabbed Best Friend 18 Times Because She Called Her Horrible For Stealing / 17 Human Trafficking Victims Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.