Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road (1329 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Couple Declared Missing Were Killed In An Accident On Their Way To Kogi / Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 9:26am On Aug 02, 2023
8:00 pm Tuesday 1st of August two thousand and twenty-three, I brought out my wooden chair, a bottle of red labels, and my dried vegetable 🍀. Sat and getting high. I love Highness. Everything is high. Fuel, food, and electricity bills even my girlfriend! In this state, my brain works better. His royal highness. Then the plan for the journey started. I am to travel to Okpo(Olamaboro LGA of Kogi state). With this fuel price, travel costs will be high.

All preparation made. Bags packed. Phones charged. And God willing this morning I went to my Altar, and say my prayers 🛐 . Not all prayers demand the closing of eyes. If you know you know. I set out this morning. I won't be driving due to the cost of fuel. Rather opted for a commercial bus to have a clear bird 🐦 eye-view of the road on this 9hrs 46min(534km).

More updates coming as we advance in the journey...
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by immortalcrown(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2023
Go well.

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by wittywriter: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2023
OP endeavor to monetize this journey content and join content earners.

1phone:
Ok
Action speaks louder than voice.

Wittyness
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2023
I called a friend to drop me off at Epe Pack.
Epe is an Ijebu-Yoruba town and Local Government Area (LGA) in Lagos State, Nigeria, located on the north side of the Lekki Lagoon. This is the home of the former Governor of the state- Akinwunmi Ambode who handed over to Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Ara adugbo (Zehh)
Tuntun ti de oh (Zehh)
Zazoo (Zehh)
O por l'eti (Zehh)
O ye k'eti magbo (Zehh)
Portable Baddo gbemi trabaye (Zehh)
Zeh kan to t'eri e (Poco poco poco) (Giddem)
Baddo sneh (Zehh)
Pepper sneh (Zehh)
Many many werey wa nle (Zehh)
Ahn, repete (Zehh)
Unruly (Zehh)
Baddo Lee (Zehh)
P Prime gems debt (Zehh)
Ah, babe je (Zehh)
portable song welcome me to the pack. Habeeb Olalomi oyegbile (born 12 March 1994) popularly known as Portable or Dr Zeh is a Nigerian singer, rapper and songwriter. He came to the limelight with his obfuscating lyrics of thick Yoruba accent ft Olamide.

In this pack, one can get a bus going to Akure, Ibadan, Osun, Kwara state, ileasha,ogun etc.
On getting to the pack, normal activities. Cloudy weather. I pray in my heart not to rain. I saw young boys of age 28-35 years with hopelessness seated in a kiosk taking sachet Action Bitter. Others smoking cigarettes 🚭. The rest advance to marijuana. A middle-aged woman in her mid-40s selling cooked rice.

I heard them arguing about the latest signing in football, politics and why would Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal has reportedly approached Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane to explore a transfer in the summer window. How Nigeria's economy is not favoring - wahala wahala and praying the court to remove Tinubu and bring in Peter obi.

Continue...
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by jackmrandy: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2023
1phone:
8:00 pm Tuesday 1st of August two thousand and twenty-three, I brought out my wooden chair, a bottle of red labels, and my dried vegetable 🍀. Sat and getting high. I love Highness. Everything is high. Fuel, food, and electricity bills even my girlfriend! In this state, my brain works better. His royal highness. Then the plan for the journey started. I am to travel to Okpo(Olamaboro LGA of Kogi state). With this fuel price, travel costs will be high.

All preparation made. Bags packed. Phones charged. And God willing this morning I went to my Altar, and say my prayers 🛐 . Not all prayers demand the closing of eyes. If you know you know. I set out this morning. I won't be driving due to the cost of fuel. Rather opted for a commercial bus to have a clear bird 🐦 eye-view of the road on this 9hrs 46min(534km).

More updates coming as we advance in the journey...

safe trip. update us on how much you later spent as tp from lagos to kogi.
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Thanks
immortalcrown:
Go well.
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Ok
wittywriter:
OP endeavor to monetize this journey content and join content earners.

Wittyness
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
"make court comot jagaban make ei bring Peter obi", no, me I want make jagaban continue! Their argument continues... What is my business with Nigerian politics?
Peter Obi is the Labour Party presidential candidate in the 2023 presidential election who contested alongside Atiku Abubakar of People democratic party (PDP) and Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the All progressive congress (APC). Peter Gregory Onwubuasi Obi CON ( Listen, born 19 July 1961) is a Nigerian businessman politician, and philanthropist, who served as governor of Anambra from March to November 2006, February to May 2007, and June 2007 to March 2014. It's widely believed that he was rigged out by the All Progressive candidate- Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Bola Tinubu of the All Progressive Congress (APC) the winner of the 2023 presidential election. Tinubu polled a total of 8,794,726 votes to defeat his closest rival, Atiku Abubakar of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), who scored 6,984,520 to emerge second. Peter Obi of the Labour Party, clinched third position with 6,101,533 votes. While NNPP came a distant fourth with 1,496,687.

Nearly 90 million people were eligible to vote in Africa’s largest democracy, with many Nigerians hoping a new leader will do a better job tackling insecurity, economic malaise, and growing poverty. A two-term governor of Lagos, Nigeria’s economic capital, Bola Tinubu is credited with raising the state’s revenue and supporters say he will replicate his success on the national stage. The election petition tribunal will deliver her judgment come September 16.

Traveling from the western part of the country to the North-central state of Kogi by road demand one to be well-fed unless one is fasting as I did not eat breakfast from home. I paid less than $1(N500) to ijebu-ode. Outskirts of Ogun state to connect Ibadan- the Oyo state capital. A blue color 8-seater Sienna packed with a wooden write up" ijebu ode, Ibadan". I negotiated and paid and in less than 10min, we move. 3 seated at the back seat. 4 in the middle and two in the front. The driver is a middle-aged man of ijebu extraction with bulgy eyes, shiny forehead and thick-black lips. On his polo shirt is written" come and chop my money" I wonder if he was referring to those commercial sex workers that litter that area. The black lips would have been caused by excessive smoking. 'I no dey stop for express o, na Lagos garage I dey go. He warned.

I sat close to the window by the right. A fair-looking lady with a 2years old child next and a boy of about 23 years seated next to her. At exactly 9:52 am we are at ijebu ode. It takes 25min drives at a uniform speed from Epe to ijebu ode.
Re: My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road by 1phone(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
Going on a direct bus from Lagos to Kogi State cost around $29(N25,000). But if you are familiar with the route, it's advisable to go from state to state. It cost less.
At the pack in Epe, I bought a gala sausage roll and a soft drink. I tried to have a bite but the child and her mother won't allow me to breathe. " oga, abeg shift small, oga cut for my baby small, oga were you go stop" Ahh! I wonder if she is a single mother looking for help. I did not mind her. I took a bite and open my Map app on my iPhone.

The driver dropped us off at the Lagos garage. Here is where all vehicles coming from Aja to ijebu ode stop. I ask a commercial motorcyclist to take me to the Ibadan garage where I can board a bus. In less than 5min... We left the garage heading to Ibadan. I paid $2.50( N2,000) at 860/dollar. This is where the drama started. ..

(1) (Reply)

Living In South Africa / International Students Are They Work In Malaysia Or Singapore / Tourist Guide Within Dalian Of Liaoning Province,china.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.