Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk (690 Views)

Curse Be Unto Mahmood And All The Judges For Putting Nigerians Into This Mess / Tinubu Putting Nigerians Through Scary, Difficult Times: Gov Dapo Abiodun’s Wife / Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Coldie(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2023
I have been using a phone number since as far back as 2008, this MTN phone number contains all my bank information, my login details of all my social media accounts, and so many contacts.

Before I left Nigeria, I bought an MTN phone and put it inside, the phone has enough airtime, I don't use it to make any calls but I sometimes receive text messages.

I try to keep it on and the phone charged cause I want the number active as I use it wen I visit Nigeria.

Sometime ago I just discovered the line just became inactive, I didn't really look into it, but now people are telling me on Whatsapp that when they call my line somebody in Nigeria picks, this means it has been assigned to another person.

This is a huge security breach, as currently the phone number receives alert from my bank Nigerian bank account when I do transactions.

This needs to be addressed.
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2023
Coldie:
I have been using a phone number since as far back as 2008, this MTN phone number contains all my bank information, my login details of all my social media accounts, and so many contacts.

Before I left Nigeria, I bought an MTN phone and put it inside, the phone has enough airtime, I don't use it to make any calls but I sometimes receive text messages.

I try to keep it on and the phone charged cause I want the number active as I use it wen I visit Nigeria.

Sometime ago I just discovered the line just became inactive, I didn't really look into it, but now people are telling me on Whatsapp that when they call my line somebody in Nigeria picks, this means it has been assigned to another person.

This is a huge security breach, as currently the phone number receives alert from my bank Nigerian bank account when I do transactions.

This needs to be addressed.
You should have roam, browse and call with it

MTN and their Travel Pass 1Gb for 5k expensive something.

1 Like

Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by inoki247: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2023
Lol even if na to send Text message out once in a while....

This not MTN is everywhere my Orange sim was Blocked when I no use am du anything after 6month or so you've to be running the sim from time to time ..

You buy huge card and use it to send an SMS out to another line and bare the cost the Sms might be 100naira per sms depending on the country roaming rate....
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Coldie(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
jackcanfield:

You should have roam, browse and call with it

MTN and their Travel Pass 1Gb for 5k expensive something.
I no fit dae use mtn forever na for foreign country
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Coldie(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
inoki247:
Lol even if na to send Text message out once in a while....

This not MTN is everywhere my Orange sim was Blocked when I no use am du anything after 6month or so you've to be running the sim from time to time ..

You buy huge card and use it to send an SMS out to another line and bare the cost the Sms might be 100naira per sms depending on the country roaming rate....
I dae try contact the max people cause they are putting me at risk, they are not replying me on twitter
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Housing(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
You suppose to be using to call at least once in a month or two months.

Receiving text messages is not same as using it.

1 Like

Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2023
Coldie:

I no fit dae use mtn forever na for foreign country
Just once in a while.
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by Raheeqilmaktoom: 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
Its not even those outsie the country or those who've not used their lines for a while that experience this.

A coupple months back almost same thing happened to someone I know and he was a frequent user of the line.
Re: MTN Is Putting Nigerians At A Big Risk by fastseo: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2023
Ask them to keep it for u.. 2500 for 3 year

(1) (Reply)

The pride Of The Sahara: The Igbo Nation Is The Good Guys / Tinubu’s Lawyer Tells US Court He Will Suffer If Chicago Records Are Released / Twitter User Calling Nigerians To Help Fight Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.