Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k (1606 Views)

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs / Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) / Estate agent disappears after duping over 60 people of N300k each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
It all started on Saturday, July 29th 2023 when a young boy approached me that he was interested in working as a POS Cashier because there was a vacancy notice there. I asked him to write an Application letter, which he did write. I then interviewed him and I found him worthy enough to work with me. I told him that he will be trained on Saturday July 29th July 2023 and Sunday July 30th 2023 to enable him start work on Monday, July 31st 2023.

I was convinced by the staff, whose name is CHARLES MAYO, that he was a good person. He made mention of the fact that even his former Boss bought him a Bicycle and two (2) Android Phones because of how good he was to his former Boss. I then requested that he gives me the phone number of his former Boss to enable me verify that information. He then told me that on the first day he arrived Lagos on June 30th 2023, around Berger, that he was robbed of all his belongings, and lost all his ID cards and phone, as such, he does not have the contact of the former Boss anymore. He mentioned how much he loved and attends church and that he was on the look out for the cell fellowship center to join. I did not know all these were ploys.

He was to submit his guarantor's form on Monday, 31st July 2023. Surprisingly and Annoyingly, I left the shop for few minutes around 6:30pm on Sunday, July 30th 2023 to get something to eat and before I returned, this same guy, pictured below, bolted and disappeared with the money bag containing N85,000, two (2) huge power banks worth N50,000, one (1) Android phone worth N20,000, MTN WIFI worth N12,000 altogether makes an estimated total of almost N170,000.

I was surprised at first when I returned. I thought he went to ease himself but he never came back till now. I called his phone and the office phone on the Android phone, but they were both switched off. His brother who claim to know him was contacted and he said himself too, could not reach him. Later on, the said brother of this boy, said the boy who disappeared with my stuff had even blocked him on social media.

This was when it dawned on me that this said CHARLES MAYO might have as well disappeared from his former Boss with his former Boss' Bicycle and his two (2) Android phones, but he turned the story into a sweet one when he met me. I decided to put this up here because this same criminal who is currently on the run will meet another POS SHOP OWNER or any other person who is in need of staff and also tell them the lie that "BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD HE WAS TO ME, I GAVE HIM CASH OF N85,000, BOUGHT HIM ANDROID PHONE, GAVE HIM 2 HUGE POWER BANKS AND AN MTN WIFI" and the person he is telling this story will be like "WOW, THAT IS VERY GOOD OF YOU".

Please, do your due diligence before employing anyone even though they are still under training. This boy is currently wanted by the Nigerian Police Force as the case had already been reported to the police and there will be a reward for anyone who can give useful information concerning his whereabout.

1 Like

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Alchemy528: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Alright

1 Like

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by spinna: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
I look forward to seeing his pics when he is caught..this one fit kill person o.

He must be caught

5 Likes

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
radicalove:

I then requested that he gives me the phone number of his former Boss to enable me verify that information. He then told me that on the first day he arrived Lagos on June 30th 2023, around Berger, that he was robbed of all his belongings, and lost all his ID cards and phone, as such, he does not have the contact of the former Boss anymore.
I'm too paranoid, this is already a red flag for me.

Cash business is very sensitive, you can only partially trust someone you can verify with legit guarantors or/and family members.

This boy already had what he wanted to do in mind, he was just looking for the right time to strike.
People like that would eventually be caught someday

4 Likes

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by JaneYave(f): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria don pass ' be careful' level
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by OmoOlomo1: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
Just look at him.
Mummy's pride indeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by kingthreat(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
When someone comes with a sweet story, put your guards up.
I have grown so wary of Nigerians criminals that I could pick Mmesoma was a fraud from her video. As she began the sweet story of how she topped her class in common entrance, I quickly told the people around me that this girl is lying.

7 Likes

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Exmilitant(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by westlius(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
My pastor once said if anybody is trying to convince u of something
Look deep down he is that tin he is trying to convince u he is not.

E.g some guys tell u to invest some amount and get double the amount in 1hr
Check there last word they we say
"We are not scammers we are real"

4 Likes

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2023
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOWS HIS WHEREABOUT?
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Gboom: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2023
@OP.
If you are employing people you don't know, you need to do a proper background check to avoid this kind of criminal activity.

Well life is a lesson; you have learnt your own in a hard way

1 Like

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by wittywriter: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2023
Radical love Indeed.
radicalove:

What is the meaning of your response?
radicalove:

Re-read ...very explicit.

radicalove:

So the name of the OP is more important to you compared to what the criminal did??
Nope....

Wittyness
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
wittywriter:
Radical love Indeed.

Wittyness

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
wittywriter:
Radical love Indeed.

Wittyness

So the name of the OP is more important to you compared to what the criminal did??
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by ibechris(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Which state of the federation?
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
ibechris:
Which state of the federation?

Ikorodu, Lagos
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by ibechris(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
radicalove:

Ikorodu, Lagos

Ok,I am in the north.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
ibechris:

Ok,I am in the north.

I don't understand
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by MILLERMannn: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
Someone you just met for two days, you left such an amount with him. A guy precisely. Do you know why banks employ mostly female as their staff? You need to do research on that. You are unwise.

1 Like

Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
MILLERMannn:
Someone you just met for two days, you left such an amount with him. A guy precisely. Do you know why banks employ mostly female as their staff? You need to do research on that. You are unwise.

Thanks for the advise
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
wittywriter:
Radical love Indeed.

Nope....

Then explain

Wittyness
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Blackmoran(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Too much trust is dangerous.... Or should I say op was over confident..

Me my self i always pray that anything that will tempt me to over look my values and integrity... Please Jah don't let it come my way.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by fafambo: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2023
radicalove:

Thanks for the advise
why not drop ur phone number here so that anybody that comes across him can contact you, that money is too small for him to run for a long time, don’t worry he will meet his Waterloo, just drop ur number ok, so sorry for ur loss
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by lagusboyyy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
MILLERMannn:
So a lady cant run away with the money?

Kontinue!
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by BLACKPOWERS123: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
radicalove:
It all started on Saturday, July 29th 2023 when a young boy approached me that he was interested in working as a POS Cashier because there was a vacancy notice there. I asked him to write an Application letter, which he did write. I then interviewed him and I found him worthy enough to work with me. I told him that he will be trained on Saturday July 29th July 2023 and Sunday July 30th 2023 to enable him start work on Monday, July 31st 2023.

I was convinced by the staff, whose name is CHARLES MAYO, that he was a good person. He made mention of the fact that even his former Boss bought him a Bicycle and two (2) Android Phones because of how good he was to his former Boss. I then requested that he gives me the phone number of his former Boss to enable me verify that information. He then told me that on the first day he arrived Lagos on June 30th 2023, around Berger, that he was robbed of all his belongings, and lost all his ID cards and phone, as such, he does not have the contact of the former Boss anymore. He mentioned how much he loved and attends church and that he was on the look out for the cell fellowship center to join. I did not know all these were ploys.

He was to submit his guarantor's form on Monday, 31st July 2023. Surprisingly and Annoyingly, I left the shop for few minutes around 6:30pm on Sunday, July 30th 2023 to get something to eat and before I returned, this same guy, pictured below, bolted and disappeared with the money bag containing N85,000, two (2) huge power banks worth N50,000, one (1) Android phone worth N20,000, MTN WIFI worth N12,000 altogether makes an estimated total of almost N170,000.

I was surprised at first when I returned. I thought he went to ease himself but he never came back till now. I called his phone and the office phone on the Android phone, but they were both switched off. His brother who claim to know him was contacted and he said himself too, could not reach him. Later on, the said brother of this boy, said the boy who disappeared with my stuff had even blocked him on social media.

This was when it dawned on me that this said CHARLES MAYO might have as well disappeared from his former Boss with his former Boss' Bicycle and his two (2) Android phones, but he turned the story into a sweet one when he met me. I decided to put this up here because this same criminal who is currently on the run will meet another POS SHOP OWNER or any other person who is in need of staff and also tell them the lie that "BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD HE WAS TO ME, I GAVE HIM CASH OF N85,000, BOUGHT HIM ANDROID PHONE, GAVE HIM 2 HUGE POWER BANKS AND AN MTN WIFI" and the person he is telling this story will be like "WOW, THAT IS VERY GOOD OF YOU".

Please, do your due diligence before employing anyone even though they are still under training. This boy is currently wanted by the Nigerian Police Force as the case had already been reported to the police and there will be a reward for anyone who can give useful information concerning his whereabout.
Sorry, you too forget church first and deal with him, this picture of his is enough to deal with him because he has started spending the money already, so you can't get the money back but to punish him. I have been on nairaland for long, i don't know how my son restarted my phone and i lost so many information including what i used as my password here, so i managed to open another account, but it used to be blackpowers101. I have handled cases like this here, am from cross river state, and we are known for juju, and herbal remedies. My number is 09034568201. Bassey is my name.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2023
lagusboyyy:
So a lady cant run away with the money?

Kontinue!

Thank you for this response.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2023
fafambo:
why not drop ur phone number here so that anybody that comes across him can contact you, that money is too small for him to run for a long time, don’t worry he will meet his Waterloo, just drop ur number ok, so sorry for ur loss

Whoever comes across the thief should get more information and quickly alert us here. There is no need for any phone number to be posted here.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2023
BLACKPOWERS123:
Sorry, you too forget church first and deal with him, this picture of his is enough to deal with him because he has started spending the money already, so you can't get the money back but to punish him. I have been on nairaland for long, i don't know how my son restarted my phone and i lost so many information including what i used as my password here, so i managed to open another account, but it used to be blackpowers101. I have handled cases like this here, am from cross river state, and we are known for juju, and herbal remedies. My number is 09034568201. Bassey is my name.

All I want is for my money to come back to me.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by radicalove(f): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2023
fafambo:

If you see him, please contact me on nairaland here.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Childfree: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2023
radicalove

Get more information from his brother or people that know him personally.

Is he just on the street?
Where he lives
Who are his friends
Where are his parents or possible relatives... And so on. This would give you a clue on where to search or get him.

Monitor his Facebook or other social media activities.

Additionally, use a girl to bait him. Create a Facebook account or preferably Find a girl his class that has no connection with you or your area on social media. You should know what to do next.

This is what I'll do if I was in your shoe.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by BLACKPOWERS123: 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
radicalove:

All I want is for my money to come back to me.
you will only get some of the money. You have my number here, you can call me or whatsapp me, i might be in the farm, i will get some leaves and other items to work on him.
Re: Pos Staff On Training Disappears After 2 Days With Money And Items Worth N180k by Deffi(m): 5:16am On Sep 21, 2023
Even after him submitting his guarantor's form and you verifying, you should still not leave anyone except your blood relation that stays or sleeps in ur house.
A worker in trainig so-called.....you were too trusting! Why didn't you kuku give him youremail & facebook passwords, or your bedroom or car key to hold for you? Sebi he is now your employee!!!

But I pray that the Lord helps you recover ALL. He helped King David recover ALL...ISamuel30. Intensify your prayers to Him with some fasting.... I am sure you will recover your stuff and more, just like King David did after seeking God's face.

(1) (Reply)

Man Buries Himself Alive For 7 Days In Coffin In Attempt To Break Record (video) / Nigerian Internet Scams On 20/20 Right Now / Three Nigerians Caught With $20m Fake Currency In U.a.e Sharjah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.