Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,571 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Who Will Win Afcon 2012? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Will Win Afcon 2012? (1404 Views)

Burkina Faso Deserves To Win AFCON – Ghana 's Wakaso / Why Eagles Will Win AFCON – Practical Analyses By Orji Uzor Kalu / Sports Minister "Orders" Super-Eagles To Win AFCON 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by bingbagbo(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
next year' CAN will be without egypt, cameroon n nigeria, leaving ghana, ivory coast n senegal as favourites, but who. .
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by bingbagbo(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2011
amongst these 3 will win the trophy?
the ivorians always flatter to deceive, ghana not consistent n senegal too young.
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by marutimon: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ghana not consistent? WTF! They have been the most consistent African team for years! Consistently good team. They never have an off day when playing a tournament! Didn't you just miss the 2010 WC or the fact that they have 16 points out of 18 in qualifying?

You are all forgetting Morocco who has been very strong. I doubt anyone else has a chance, although Mali has an exciting new frontline with Maiga and Diabat
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by bingbagbo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ghana couldnt qualify 4 CAN 2004, was eliminated in group stages in egypt 2006, so u get me now?
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by PKlo: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
well, CIV still remain a clear favourite inspite of their disappointment previously. Ghana inconsistent? What do u mean? U talk abt 2004 and 2006 and for me that 2 was even a working progress, they failed to qualify in 2004, got eliminated 1st in 2006, got to the WC the same year and qualified for the 2nd round, beating Czech n USA, won bronze in 2008, claimed silver in 2010 , and a quarter final appearance in 2010 world cup, I have no idea What consistency mean to u but Ghana has been the most impressive african side since 2006, even Egyptians will agree to that. Nobody will be surprised if they win it.
And what do u mean Senegal team is young U clearly don't know what you talking about , do you?
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by dominique(f): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
between ghana nd civ.
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by bingbagbo(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2011
PKlo:

well, CIV still remain a clear favourite inspite of their disappointment previously. Ghana inconsistent? What do u mean? U talk abt 2004 and 2006 and for me that 2 was even a working progress, they failed to qualify in 2004, got eliminated 1st in 2006, got to the WC the same year and qualified for the 2nd round, beating Czech n USA, won bronze in 2008, claimed silver in 2010 , and a quarter final appearance in 2010 world cup, I have no idea What consistency mean to u but Ghana has been the most impressive african side since 2006, even Egyptians will agree to that. Nobody will be surprised if they win it.
And what do u mean Senegal team is young U clearly don't know what you talking about , do you?
Ghana have tried, but they have no silverware to show, egypt are the best 2day!
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by PKlo: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
Egypt Haven't you witnessed how they have come crushing down? After they were beaten by hopeless teams like sierraleone, Niger n South Africa? I disagree. They won those cups cus other nations had their players in the tiring and draining european leagues, some of which are not even allowed to come faking injuries and stuff, others play on half strength. Meanwhile the egyptian league would have ended months earliers and since almost all of them play in their league they prepared better than all other teams.

CIV is currently the best team in Africa with or without cups, get that straight!!! The nations cup should be won by GH, CIV or SEN,
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by Jarus(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2011
On paper CIV are the best African team, but like Holland and until recently Spain Europe, they are under achievers. More than anything, I think they have not been lucky. Ghana are great fighters and I believe that is more important than talent which CIV has. Senegal has good talents in every department. Mousa Sow and Demba Ba are strikers that can wreck any team. Another advantage they have other big teams tend to underrate them given the fact that their teams had been having poor performance in past couple of editions.

Now, who stands the highest chance: I think CIV, Ghana and Senegal in that order.
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2011
Burkina faso, the thick dark horse, Beware!
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by Jarus(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
BF can at best make Semi Finals!
Re: Who Will Win Afcon 2012? by honeric01(m): 1:42am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^

Do not under-estimate the burkina babes

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Foundation For Launch Today / BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever / AFCON 2013: Watch Nigeria V Burkina Faso Online (without DSTV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.