Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,246 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:45 PM

Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction (457 Views)

How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant / Re: Nigerian Men Have Failed Nigerian Women: An Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by SageWithSarcasm(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
I was heavily indulged in crystal meth(ice) last year. Made me do alot of bad things worse of all was incurring debts on myself.Was in rehab late last year and got out April this year,ever since i got out i live with my dad which we do not ry gt along really well. He been treating me in not so nice ways and making me question my age at some point. I understand i made a mistake and i got a job now and i'm repaying my debts. Only now he keeps up the insults in front of his second wife and i'm what you can say maltreated. Is it normal i move out of their apartment or what do i do?
I am 27 years old right now would be 28 november. And i'm new here. Would appreciate an opinion
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Curse777: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Move out
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2023
If you have an alternative i.e you can comfortably rent an apartment on your own and can deal with the addiction alone,you can move out
If not, stay with your dad and turn his "insults" into motivations and take a pledge never to go back on the addiction and be a better person
He will come around...That may be your own dad way of firing you up
Dads are precious you know??
Bless up brother!

1 Like

Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by SageWithSarcasm(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Battlefield2:
If you have an alternative i.e you can comfortably rent an apartment on your own and can deal with the addiction alone,you can move out
If not, stay with your dad and turn his "insults" into motivations and take a pledge never to go back on the addiction and be a better person
He will come around...That may be your own dad way of firing you up
Dads are precious you know??
Bless up brother!
Journey post addiction is long i know and i'm doing the work. I just feel he is been manipulative now putting me down infront of the other wife and making me feel useless. And yes i do turn the insults to motivation. Its just not stopping for real
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by otipoju(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
Call him for a one on one and pour your heart to him.

Tell him that you will hate to move out of the house but will have to because you don't want a situation where you will be talking back to him in the precense of his second wife.

That he just has to stop as it is actions are not helping you at all.
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by SageWithSarcasm(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
otipoju:
Call him for a one on one and pour your heart to him.

Tell him that you will hate to move out of the house but will have to because you don't want a situation where you will be talking back to him in the precense of his second wife.

That he just has to stop as it is actions are not helping you at all.
Did that and it resulted in physical abuse. He told people i went to use drugs so i was talking back at him rudely. I was just mute
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by spinna: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
Try your best to be on good terms and focus in your self development..no excuse to go back.. Never touch meth again o no matter the stress

1 Like

Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
SageWithSarcasm:
I was heavily indulged in crystal meth(ice) last year. Made me do alot of bad things worse of all was incurring debts on myself.Was in rehab late last year and got out April this year,ever since i got out i live with my dad which we do not ry gt along really well. He been treating me in not so nice ways and making me question my age at some point. I understand i made a mistake and i got a job now and i'm repaying my debts. Only now he keeps up the insults in front of his second wife and i'm what you can say maltreated. Is it normal i move out of their apartment or what do i do?
I am 27 years old right now would be 28 november. And i'm new here. Would appreciate an opinion
If you are not standing firmly on your feet financially then I suggest you stay with your dad as long as can. And work on trying to avoiding conflict with him as much as you can so you can have peace of mind while you remain with him. undecided
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by SageWithSarcasm(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you are not standing firmly on your feet financially then I suggest you stay with your dad as long as can. And work on trying to avoiding conflict with him as much as you can so you can have peace of mind while you remain with him. undecided
Thats me for a while tho.....thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by fyzaila: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2023
Your dad is supposed to be cajoling with sweet words and encouragement so that you can fully recover not him lashing you all the time with words. You don't need that kind of energy and vibes you're getting from him at all. You need to be on a good mood most of the time so that you don't relapse.

Try and be around people who will lift up your spirit. If you can afford moving out and getting a place of your own or you can try and salvage your relationship with your dad.
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by SageWithSarcasm(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Let me just include this for clarification.... He has always seen me as a liability and me been here with him "eating his food" is not something he is comfortable with...... Most times i'm happy whenever he is not around. When he is i am just down.
Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Jman06(m): 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
Your father is really not helping matters as he's unknowingly trying to push you back into using drugs. His attitude is likely to cause you depression which can result in you trying to find solace in those drugs.

So, if you have another relative who understands your condition, I'll advise you go and stay with him/her until you've completely repaid your debt and can rent an accommodation of your own.

Continually staying with your father might cause you to relapse.

2 Likes

Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Autobot05: 7:52am On Aug 03, 2023
SageWithSarcasm:

I can relate so so well just that I’m younger and I didn’t go to a rehab to recover. I dunno why some fathers are like that
That’s why I prefer Moms over dads

My advice : stay focused on your goals and seek solace in the church and the Bible. Learn a skill too if possible so you can leave home as soon as you can sustain yourself

2 Likes

Re: Need An Opinion.....just Got Out From Drug Addiction by Neddstark: 7:42pm On Mar 08
Hope you have not gone back.
The biggest mistake one can make is abusing drugs.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Advantage Of Having A Poor Background? / What A Man Should Expect When Choosing A Wife / I Am Pregnant For My Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.