Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (120360 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
DyingFetus:

So you sabi ASM??

I fit learn am do am
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Blackfinegirl:
I may not have much to say about Chile's Economy, but for a country whose passport is visa free to America and Canada, I don't think the country is that bad as people say here.
Visa fee means you go for holiday not OWRK, after teh visa xpires it means you have to come back to your country if you stay you are an illegal immigrant, I am a British citizen, I can't go to the US to work without a working permit! I have been dealing with Miscreants on NL since 2007 who try to perfect certain countries with the hope people patronize them and they get duped. If not ask yourself this honest question, in today's FX like right about now £100 = CLP99261.70, 1 GBP= 992.62. Meaning teh Chilian Money is nxt to nothing cos a £100 is N1200 right now. Brazil has a higher weight than Chile as the Brazilian R is less than R6 to the £££ so you are Beter and well off in Brazil
NOW IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE US WHERE £100 IS rs555 AND £1 =RS555. Do you need a magician to tell you they chatting Bullshyyte all day??

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 11:17am On Aug 12, 2023
Shapiru:
baba which school for Nigeria hall way be like that 3rd picture? Show me now
Kie, God punish poverty!0.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Excuse me sir, how many Nigerians can afford that kind of apartment?
Short Answer, ALL NIGERIANS.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpa(m): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2023
Shapiru:
baba which school for Nigeria hall way be like that 3rd picture? Show me now

It will never be well with poverty.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Visa fee means you go for holiday not OWRK, after teh visa xpires it means you have to come back to your country if you stay you are an illegal immigrant, I am a British citizen, I can't go to the US to work without a working permit! I have been dealing with Miscreants on NL since 2007 who try to perfect certain countries with the hope people patronize them and they get duped. If not ask yourself this honest question, in today's FX like right about now £100 = CLP99261.70, 1 GBP= 992.62. Meaning teh Chilian Money is nxt to nothing cos a £100 is N1200 right now. Brazil has a higher weight than Chile as the Brazilian R is less than R6 to the £££ so you are Beter and well off in Brazil
NOW IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE US WHERE £100 IS rs555 AND £1 =RS555. Do you need a magician to tell you they chatting Bullshyyte all day??

You are derailing this thread. Can you create a new thread and put this all there?

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
One thing I noticed In chile Is how fast they speak Spanish. I was even doubting my Spanish till I met some exchange students from Spain yesterday and the Spanish they speak is just how I learnt and they speak so slow and you can grab all the words easily. But chileans speak very very very very fast grin grin grin and I just got my fourth interview invite to a job I applied to.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You are derailing this thread. Can you create a new thread and put this all there?

No mind the mugu.

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
Regex:

No mind the mugu.
The same Chile I entered and I started applying to jobs on Monday and I have interviews with Accenture and IBM

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ajsans: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One thing I noticed In chile Is how fast they speak Spanish. I was even doubting my Spanish till I met some exchange students from Spain yesterday and the Spanish they speak is just how I learnt and they speak so slow and you can grab all the words easily. But chileans speak very very very very fast grin grin grin and I just got my fourth interview invite to a job I applied to.

It clearly shows location has always been the issue all this while for many tech guys in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
ajsans:

It clearly shows location has always been the issue all this while for many tech guys in Nigeria.

It is. It's why I am surprised that some fools were abusing Brazil. Brazil even has more tech jobs than Chile and more tech companies. I only came to Chile cause the Chilean passport is better than the Brazilian passport and will enable me to achieve my future plans easily. Everything also exists here in Chile for remote work. Strong internet, electricity supply, PayPal also works here in Chile. If you have western clients, it's very easy to get paid while here. No need for all the hoops like we jump through in Nigeria.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The same Chile I entered and I started applying to jobs on Monday and I have interviews with Accenture and IBM

Omo e choke.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Regex:

Omo e choke.

Check your WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

So you put up a thread and xpect others not to comment? what's the point then
Dont you have a purpose of putting up this thread and is it not up for discussion?
And the fact that you can actually earn more in Nigeria doing same JOB than in Chile is that not a SCAM on its own part? or you never did that research?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
Regex:

No mind the mugu.
Ignorance, B4 you start calling one Mugu, DO YOU KNOW THAT 1 NAIRA= 1.11 cpl(Chilian[b][/b] Peso)
So, the Nigerian Naira is bigger than the Chilian money.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by SuperOnyi: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

shocked

I just looked around me and feel like crying, "all Nigerians"? It's well.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Ignorance, B4 you start calling one Mugu, DO YOU KNOW THAT 1 NAIRA= 1.11 cpl(Chilian[b][/b] Peso)

Where is the job in Nigeria? Why isn't Nigeria enjoying the pecks of being a Chilean? Na by exchange strength? First of all naira and cpl can't trade because there's dollar mediating for them and as far as Chile is geographically, there's little to none business transaction between us. Heck they don't even have their embassy and or consular here...

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Why not enjoy your naira and Nigeria in peace.

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by LordAdam16: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

1 Naira = 1.73 SKW (South Korean Won).

I'd like to see you twist yourself into pretzels trying to explain that as somehow indicative of Nigeria's economy being better than South Korea's.

Your move?!

-Lord

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by LordAdam16: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
Karleb:

Why not enjoy your naira and Nigeria in peace.

He is British.

Gerrard59 calls fellas like him demons. That is a spot on descriptor.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Shapiru: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
DrAkpa:

It will never be well with poverty.
baba show me no dey drop quote
Re: Memoirs From Chile by OSDD(m): 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

So you mean that Nigeria economy is way more better than Chile?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
OSDD:

So you mean that Nigeria economy is way more better than Chile?
do your own research.simply put.your Naira has more purchasing power than their Peso.
I happen to meet a chile guy where I'm doing my MOT in South London.He works in a garage.just think of yourself spending all that money to get to chile U manage save100k Peso to send to your Nigerian account and you get less than N100k??.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

do your own research.simply put.your Naira has more purchasing power than their Peso.
I happen to meet a chile guy where I'm doing my MOT in South London.He works in a garage.just think of yourself spending all that money to get to chile U manage save100k Peso to send to your Nigerian account and you get less than N100k??.

Na only the downtrodden you dey meet everytime grin grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
LordAdam16:

He is British.

Ger.rard59 calls fellas like him demons. That is a spot on descriptor.

-Lord

I don't want to derail my guy's thread as I have outlined and posted every piece of evidence to support his choice of Chile, considering his final aim - the United States.

The visa that demon screams about is the L1 visa which anybody anywhere can get, provided s/he work for a company which has branches and offices in the US. Even in Nigeria, people get that visa direct through a transfer to the US branch. However, it targets only senior employees, not entry level staff. Two, fewer companies are operating in Nigeria, multinational or indigenous, with branches/offices in the US compared to Chile. So, the chances of someone getting into such a company in Chile are higher than in Nigeria, and the chances increase when the population is factored.

However, an L1 visa is ranked low compared to H1B1 because literally any Chilean and Singaporean with a bachelor's degree can apply to jobs in the US and does not need to follow the standard H1B route most foreigners use to be sponsored to work in the US. Thus, through the H1B1 visa, Chileans and Singaporeans have an unrestricted route to work in the US. That makes the Chilean passport very powerful, as I explained here:

Gerrard59:

From my research so far, visa-free travel is not really a major benefit compared to working rights. A German passport allows one access to the Swiss labour market. A Mexcian, Singaporean, Australian and Chilean passport affords one access to the US labour market without the hassle. International students in the US have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the H1B visa. A major reason firms don't like employing foreigners as the process of employing them takes so much time. The same applies to Canada, where there is LMIA rule for candidates outside the country. However, Chileans and Peruvians can access the job market without being subjected to the same requirement. An American can access the job market too, but largely useless as the US economy produces too many jobs.

So, in that case, Peruvian and Chilean passports are stronger than British. Visa free is highly beneficial if one has many business interests across the major economic hubs. But for a skilled worker, getting a Peruvian passport over a British one is better. You can easily naturalise in Spain and access the EU job market with the Peruvian passport. In fact, Venezuela as economically terrible as it is, an intelligent citizen can move to Spain, spend two years and become a citizen. Then move to Switzerland to find work, which is way easier than a non-EU/EEA citizen who needs to hope that there are companies willing to transfer him/her amidst 4,500 work visas per year or international students who have only six months to look for work after graduating from Swiss universities.

Tensa20 is doing the right thing at the right time because when Indians discover Chile, they would flood the system and take advantage of it. I recall Tensa20 showing me a video where an Indian explained the benefits of the Chilean passport, yet Indians mocked her. The current H1B visa system is pure tumbo-tumbo. International students are forced to return home without an opportunity to work in the US, considering the cost of an American education borne by foreigners. Recently, I watched a video where a Japanese male returned to look for jobs in Japan, and later get transferred to the US because of its high salaries. This would be through the L1 visa and it is easier since literally any company doing business in Japan, indigenous or MNC, has a US branch/office/factory. He could not get a job in the US due to the lottery system of the H1B. The visa has 85000 slots, of which 65000 are for BSc holders only. Meanwhile, the number of applicants would soon nack 1000000. The time it takes companies to employ a H1B holder can be up to a year. These are facts which are scattered on the Internet, so when demons mock OP for his choice especially coming from Nigeria, it really annoys me. The US embassy is denying fully funded Nigerian applicants visa. To get a visa interview date is 2025. To fast track it, applicants pay a bribe of at least half a million naira. People lament these things on Facebook. Visa interview o as an interview does not guarantee visa issuance.

In fact, due to the difficulty of getting sponsorship to work in the US, the number of Nigerian students studying in Canada has surpassed that of their counterparts studying in the US. Indians working in the US are warning their compatriots to opt for Canada, get citizenship and apply to work in the US via the TN visa (which I also explained).

OP has done his research crossing all Ts and dotting iS. I have learned much about immigration policies from him, even more than I knew. He is doing it right, and I surely believe he would achieve his dreams when the time comes. My own be say, he should be petty when that time comes. Be very petty. Don't forgive or forget, hold that grudge and gloat at them.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The same way, he met illegal migrants from Nigeria who tried to emigrate to the US from Brazil via the Darien gap. If those Nigerians had a BSc, and know a bit of Portuguese, nothing would stop them from getting a job in Brazil, save money and move to the US via a structured and legal process.

tensazangetsu20:

To be fair, he has the right to comment since it is a free-to-comment thread. The best you do is ignore the demon else your thread go be like that of DanielHouston. Update as usual, but never forget to be petty, I beg of you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Donpre(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

Yen Yen Yen

Their minimum wage is 440000 CLP/Month (511.63 USD/Month)

median wage is 1.7M CLP/Month

Annual income is $78B

GDP per capita is $28,526

Now do for the Naira.. I'll wait grin

man be pulling exchange rate like that is an indicator for prosperity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Donpre:

Yen Yen Yen

Their minimum wage is 440000 CLP/Month (511.63 USD/Month)

median wage is 1.7M CLP/Month

Annual income is $78B

GDP per capita is $28,526

Now do for the Naira.. I'll wait grin

man be pulling exchange rate like that is an indicator for prosperity

15 hours per week delivering food on pedidosyo gives you 195000 pesos o
Re: Memoirs From Chile by erico2k2(m): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

This is your own Mentality, cos the Man works in a Garage where I did my MOT, he is Poor and a downtrodden FYI this same Downtrodden earns above £2500 take home monthly.FYI this same guy owns up to 4 flats back home, mayB sef nah there your guy rent one room grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
erico2k2:

This is your own Mentality, cos the Man works in a Garage where I did my MOT, he is Poor and a downtrodden FYI this same Downtrodden earns above £2500 take home monthly.FYI this same guy owns up to 4 flats back home, mayB sef nah there your guy rent one room grin grin

LoL I am not complaining of my one room. I am enjoying it very well grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Firefyta: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
That erico guy na confirmed mumu

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (48) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

Viewing this topic: Thunday1005(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.