Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate (870 Views)

RCCG: 'MURIC Is A Nonentity At Law’ – Human Rights Lawyer Fires Muslim Group / FFK: If The Allegation That MURIC Is Funded By ISWAP Is True, FG Should Do This / MURIC Is Under The Payroll Of The Sultan Of Sokoto Says FFK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by STRI1: 2:06am On Aug 03, 2023
These bible verses does not support interest

Proverbs 28:8
He who increases his wealth by excessive interest gathers it for one who has pity on the poor.
Deuteronomy 23:19
You shall not lend on interest to your brother; interest of money, interest of food, interest of anything that is lent on interest:

Deuteronomy 23:20
to a foreigner you may lend on interest; but to your brother you shall not lend on interest, that the LORD your God may bless you in all that you put your hand to, in the land where you go in to possess it.

Exodus 22:25
"If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be to him as a creditor; neither shall you charge him interest.

Ezekiel 18:8
he who has not given forth on interest, neither has taken any increase, who has withdrawn his hand from iniquity, has executed true justice between man and man,

Ezekiel 18:13
has given forth on interest, and has taken increase; shall he then live? he shall not live: he has done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be on him.

Ezekiel 18:17
who has withdrawn his hand from the poor, who has not received interest nor increase, has executed my ordinances, has walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.

Ezekiel 22:12
In you have they taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and increase, and you have greedily gained of your neighbors by oppression, and have forgotten me, says the Lord the LORD.

Isaiah 24:2
It will be as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the creditor, so with the debtor; as with the taker of interest, so with the giver of interest.

Leviticus 25:36
Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God; that your brother may live among you.

Leviticus 25:37
You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit.

Luke 19:23
Then why didn't you deposit my money in the bank, and at my coming, I might have earned interest on it?'

Matthew 25:27
You ought therefore to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back my own with interest.

1 Like

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by AllenSpencer: 2:32am On Aug 03, 2023
Christians will disappear from thread.

They will tell you that, you need the Holy Spirit to understand! 🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by goatandyam: 2:40am On Aug 03, 2023
You muslims and Christians are all dumb altogether. U lot are an absolute disgrace to humanity and to God himself.

3 Likes

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by AllenSpencer: 3:29am On Aug 03, 2023
goatandyam:
You muslims and Christians are all dumb altogether. U lot are an absolute disgrace to humanity and to God himself.

Tell us another story. Your narrative has expired. Been said over a billion timea
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by thisisit: 4:03am On Aug 03, 2023
MURIC is wrong... The scripture you quoted specified the type of borrower that should enjoy interest free loan as:

1. YOUR BROTHER
2. FELLOW ISREALI

We are Neither ISREALI nor BROTHERS. We are just a bunch of disunited ethno-religious bigots of a failed state who are only interested in oppressing each other to gain Favor of the Political Elite that is dividing us., instead of uniting to take back the country from these soul less Political class.

There must be double digit interest rate, of at least 50% per annum on the loan if at all there is any loan.

Shege and Banza in progress

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Zionmdde: 5:04am On Aug 03, 2023
Oga allah nkubar, stay on ur lane and leave Christians alone. Deut says "brothers,"

psalm stated the benefit of interest free lending, but didn't say lending with interest was a sin

Lazy people, whose money do you want then to give you free?. Why don't you bring your money and loan to your fellow Muslims without interest

There is no relationship between Christianity and Islam. Stop lumping Christians into foolish requests

4 Likes

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Validated: 5:08am On Aug 03, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Christians will disappear from thread.
They will tell you that, you need the Holy Spirit to understand! 🤣🤣🤣

You just pick a verse and start mistreating around. Go and read the context of that verse and stopl fooling around.

PLEASE, QUOTE DEUT 19 VERSE 20 ALSO
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by pasuma(m): 5:20am On Aug 03, 2023
So you're no longer Israeli, but tithes that was commanded to only Israelites you dey collect abi??

thisisit:
MURIC is wrong... The scripture you quoted specified the type of borrower that should enjoy interest free loan as:

1. YOUR BROTHER
2. FELLOW ISREALI

We are Neither ISREALI nor BROTHERS. We are just a bunch of disunited ethno-religious bigots of a failed state who are only interested in oppressing each other to gain Favor of the Political Elite that is dividing us., instead of uniting to take back the country from these soul less Political class.

There must be double digit interest rate, of at least 50% per annum on the loan if at all there is any loan.

Shege and Banza in progress

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by CodeTemplar: 5:20am On Aug 03, 2023
That's an Israelite to isreslite(believer to believer) transaction and not secular banking or open society-based schemes like govt loans.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Rolings: 5:23am On Aug 03, 2023
thisisit:

instead of uniting to take back the country from these soul less Political class.

You call people soul less and you think displacing them will be easy....they have control of state aparatus with them.... go aginst them at your own risk....you will just die for nothing.
You think people haven't thought of this....all activists can do is talk....shout....but most importantly activists should get involved in politics....that's how the political system can be taken away from the wolves.
Falana did a comprehensive investigative report on the oil industry cabals....with names of companies and their owners...gave it to government.... government officials refused to act.....he still approached a court to compel government to act....the case has since stalled....what could falana have done again in this case
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by STRI1: 5:40am On Aug 03, 2023
Kai, call.an hypocrite abd a christian appear

1 Like

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by STRI1: 5:41am On Aug 03, 2023
Zionmdde:
Oga allah nkubar, stay on ur lane and leave Christians alone. Deut says "brothers,"

psalm stated the benefit of interest free lending, but didn't say lending with interest was a sin

Lazy people, whose money do you want then to give you free?. Why don't you bring your money and loan to your fellow Muslims without interest

There is no relationship between Christianity and Islam. Stop lumping Christians into foolish requests

You're either a non christian or an hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Truthday: 6:27am On Aug 03, 2023
Zionmdde:

And when jaiz bank. An Islamic bank called for interest-free loan. Here you are criticizing hell.

Hate reduces ones years in life, your thought will be bound with heavy heart. Kai. Hate red is bad oo

2 Likes

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by thisisit: 7:20am On Aug 03, 2023
Rolings:

You call people soul less and you think displacing them will be easy....they have control of state aparatus with them.... go aginst them at your own risk....you will just die for nothing.
You think people haven't thought of this....all activists can do is talk....shout....but most importantly activists should get involved in politics....that's how the political system can be taken away from the wolves.
Falana did a comprehensive investigative report on the oil industry cabals....with names of companies and their owners...gave it to government.... government officials refused to act.....he still approached a court to compel government to act....the case has since stalled....what could falana have done again in this case

As you rightly stated, activism, protest etc will not work in Nigeria. But something always worked in the past and it would work now and in the future.

That thing is Military Coup and Military Government.

When the in built self corrective measures of Democracy fails, the external Military Intervention is always infallible.

We should sensitize and push the Junior and intermediate Military officers to do the needful patriotic act under this circumstance so as to save the country from the path of self destruction.

May God continue to bless FALANA, Falz, GANI, Fela, Students, Dele Giwa, Soyinka, Achebe, Chuba, etc who have always been there for Nigeria.

The Military incursion is inevitable as long as we have this RUBBER STAMP legislature, fearful judiciary and Executive that disobeys court orders.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Rolings: 7:24am On Aug 03, 2023
thisisit:

May God continue to bless FALANA, Falz, GANI, Fela, Students, Dele Giwa, Soyinka, Achebe, Chuba, etc who have always been there for Nigeria.

The Military incursion is inevitable as long as we have this RUBBER STAMP legislature, fearful judiciary and Executive that disobeys court orders.

I'm afraid it's looking so....not with the coup wave in west Africa presently ......6 coup in the last 3 years....
But I Believe there won't be any coup in Nigeria...
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by joyandfaith: 7:28am On Aug 03, 2023
STRI1:
These bible verses does not support interest

Proverbs 28:8
He who increases his wealth by excessive interest gathers it for one who has pity on the poor.
Deuteronomy 23:19
You shall not lend on interest to your brother; interest of money, interest of food, interest of anything that is lent on interest:

Deuteronomy 23:20
to a foreigner you may lend on interest; but to your brother you shall not lend on interest, that the LORD your God may bless you in all that you put your hand to, in the land where you go in to possess it.

Exodus 22:25
"If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be to him as a creditor; neither shall you charge him interest.

Ezekiel 18:8
he who has not given forth on interest, neither has taken any increase, who has withdrawn his hand from iniquity, has executed true justice between man and man,

Ezekiel 18:13
has given forth on interest, and has taken increase; shall he then live? he shall not live: he has done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be on him.

Ezekiel 18:17
who has withdrawn his hand from the poor, who has not received interest nor increase, has executed my ordinances, has walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.

Ezekiel 22:12
In you have they taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and increase, and you have greedily gained of your neighbors by oppression, and have forgotten me, says the Lord the LORD.

Isaiah 24:2
It will be as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the creditor, so with the debtor; as with the taker of interest, so with the giver of interest.

Leviticus 25:36
Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God; that your brother may live among you.

Leviticus 25:37
You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit.

Luke 19:23
Then why didn't you deposit my money in the bank, and at my coming, I might have earned interest on it?'

Matthew 25:27
You ought therefore to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back my own with interest.

Nigeria is not practicing theocrazy. Christianity and Islam are not only religions in Nigeria.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by thisisit: 7:28am On Aug 03, 2023
pasuma:

So you're no longer Israeli, but tithes that was commanded to only Israelites you dey collect abi??

The holy book also stated that

TITHE SHOULD BE PAID TO A PRIEST WHO MUST BE A LEVITE.

Those paying Tithe to non LEVITE priest have wasted their tithe and they shall not receive God's blessings in respect of Tithe.

Those who collect tithe without being priest of the biological lineage of Levite are in illegal Business.

No Nigerian (Priest or Not) is qualified to collect or receive Tithe because no Nigerian can do what said the Levite priest should do with the tithe.

In conclusion, no tithe, and there is interest on loans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Zionmdde: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2023
Truthday:

And when jaiz bank. An Islamic bank called for interest-free loan. Here you are criticizing hell.

Hate reduces ones years in life, your thought will be bound with heavy heart. Kai. Hate red is bad oo
I don't care how jaiz bank run their business. It's an Islamic bank. CBN has a fixed interest rate, work with that or contribute money and give jaiz bank so they can give interest free loans

Don't bring Christians into you senseless rants, we are admonished to obey the rules of the land
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Zionmdde: 7:47am On Aug 03, 2023
STRI1:

You're either a non christian or an hypocrite
Lol you just went to Google and lifted verses you know nothing about, especially those ones in the new testament where the servant was punished for not multiplying the money given to him. That's what dabbling into things that doesn't concern you does to you

Now I am a Christian and not a jew, if you can't differentiate that then swerve
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by goatandyam: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Tell us another story. Your narrative has expired. Been said over a billion timea

One of them.

If he s not a Muslim terrorist then he will definitively be a tithe and offering animal.

Mufu
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by orisa37: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2023
MONEY IS A MEASURE OF VALUE. VALUE IS INTEREST IN LABOUR. REMEMBER THAT IN ALL LABOUR IS A REWARD. THE TALK OF THE LIPS TENETH ONTO PENURY.
GOD'S LAW IS TRADE BY BARTER AND BARTER CONNOTES VALUE, INTEREST, LIKE, LOVE, DEVELOPMENT, INCREASES, LIGHT AND LIFE IN YOUR VALUES.
YOU ARE THE AGENT OF HATE. STOP PEDDLING IGNORANCE.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by WorldRichest: 8:47am On Aug 03, 2023
Definitely
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by WorldRichest: 8:48am On Aug 03, 2023
goatandyam:

No be only you dey take Loud oooo
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Akaegwu(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Nigeria is a secular nation.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by jmoore(m): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2023
The op is exhibiting IGNORANCE.

Nigeria is not an Islamic republic.

If MUMURIC said FG should give non interest loans to Nigerians, no one would have attacked that yeye professor Akintola. The problem was that he wanted only Muslims to benefit from it.

It's like saying FG should provide good medicare for Muslims instead of Nigerians.

Get sense abeg. No be only Muslims waka come.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by BetterHeadline: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2023
Firstly, Proverbs, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Exodus, are all Old Testament Books. I need not say more about that.

Secondly, Luke and Mathew verses you quoted actually says:
‭‭Luke‬ ‭19:1‭-‬27‬
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”

So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.” But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.

He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back. But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’ He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it. The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’  'Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’ The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’ His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You
take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’ His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’ “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’  ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

The man of noble birth replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away." ‭‭
The Mathew and the Luke verses you quoted talked about the same event. We don't see how anyone could read the above verses and still conclude they are talking negatively about interest rates, unless of course you have comprehension problems.

Look, you people should stick to slamming your brain cells on the floor five times a day, and should stop pretending you know any thing about Christianity, because you don't. Everytime you perceive someone is criticizing you or your religion, you'll run quickly to the Holy Bible, and start quoting what you don't understand, even if the person criticizing is an atheist. And by running to the Bible, you affirm that The Holy Book is the superior book.

By the way, Islamic banks do charge interests. Just because they don't use the word "interest", and try to do things differently, doesn't mean they don't charge interests. And, also, CBN isn't an Islamic bank.

1 Like

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by RoxyBrownAutos: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by adekolaelect(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Zionmdde:

when will you mature above religion hatred and give yourselves an opportunity to grow in maturity. It is even a sin for you to twist the Bible verse to prove your emotional satisfactions.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by IamAtikulate: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
Moslems will always go to the Bible to seek for validation, but Christians will never check Quran verses for validation.

Dear abduls, Christianity starts from Matthew and ends in Revelation. Let that sink into your thick skulls.

1 Like

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by Zionmdde: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
adekolaelect:
when will you mature above religion hatred and give yourselves an opportunity to grow in maturity. It is even a sin for you to twist the Bible verse to prove your emotional satisfactions.
I don't hate Muslims, or anybody along the lines of religion. But while Christians obey the rules of the land, Muslims will always find a way to twist it. If they want a religious interest free loan, let them go to jaiz bank.

Christianity has no relationship with Islam. It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by pasuma(m): 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
the tithe also comes with a condition.. when there would be a temple in jerusalem.. but the criminals in cloaks are collecting when even the commanded jews stopped paying it cos the temple has been destroyed.. they share money to the poor first in immediate family, then your neighbors, then if you still have more look for poor outside your vicinity then to outside your city.. that is what they do now... but our criminal enterprise would rather die with eating other people's money..

thisisit:

The holy book also stated that

TITHE SHOULD BE PAID TO A PRIEST WHO MUST BE A LEVITE.

Those paying Tithe to non LEVITE priest have wasted their tithe and they shall not receive God's blessings in respect of Tithe.

Those who collect tithe without being priest of the biological lineage of Levite are in illegal Business.

No Nigerian (Priest or Not) is qualified to collect or receive Tithe because no Nigerian can do what said the Levite priest should do with the tithe.

In conclusion, no tithe, and there is interest on loans.
Re: Muric Is Right In NO Interest, Check These Bible Verses Dear Hypocrites Of Hate by wegevv: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
BetterHeadline:

Firstly, Proverbs, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Exodus, are all Old Testament Books. I need not say more about that.

Secondly, Luke and Mathew verses you quoted actually says:
‭‭Luke‬ ‭19:1‭-‬27‬

The Mathew and the Luke verses you quoted talked about the same event. We don't see how anyone could read the above verses and still conclude they are talking negatively about interest rates, unless of course you have comprehension problems.

Look, you people should stick to slamming your brain cells on the floor five times a day, and should stop pretending you know any thing about Christianity, because you don't. Everytime you perceive someone is criticizing you or your religion, you'll run quickly to the Holy Bible, and start quoting what you don't understand, even if the person criticizing is an atheist. And by running to the Bible, you affirm that The Holy Book is the superior book.

By the way, Islamic banks do charge interests. Just because they don't use the word "interest", and try to do things differently, doesn't mean they don't charge interests. And, also, CBN isn't an Islamic bank.

STRI1 Didn’t read a single verse he quoted not to talk of chapter lol. He just copied and pasted.

Imagine quoting the “parable of the talents” as an example that the Bible is against interest lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UAE Didn't Make Comment On Lifting Visa Ban On Nigerians - Daily Trust / Atiku Wins In Chicago Court / Rufai Oseni Should Always Double Check On His Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.