Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

(UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard (2347 Views)

Why Former Emir Sanusi’s Portrait Was Reintroduced At Coronation Hall / Update: My Prediction By Region (2023 Elections) / CBN urged to Dismissed WEMA BANK CEO,over alleged Fraud with Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by HAminat(f): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Unfortunately, I already moved on since during the cash mop up. It's a bad experience I don't wish to revisit. I didn't know you guys were on Nairaland though. I would've tabled the matter here.

Kindly let us know if there's anyway to help in the future.. Best regards.

1 Like

Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by frikalone: 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
I am not surprise Wema came through for you, they have actually been doing the most lately, slowly but surely becoming my no1 go to bank in Nigeria.
ibinaboonline:
I have an update for this post.

So, Wema Bank finally got back to me this Saturday evening. They says they'd fixed the issue with my card and apologized for the inconveniences. Although it took almost five days to get a response from them, I'm glad they actually replied with a solution instead of the usual gaslighting you typically get from Nigerian banks. Yes, it's working now!! The monthly limit is $500, but I don't mind. Who even get thousands of dollars to spend these days😄? So, yes, Wema Bank's naira Mastercard works!

So, the news broke about three weeks ago that Wema Bank has brought back the naira Visa and Mastercard. It was the best news I've heard in a year as I look forward to a hassle-free transactions, especially to pay for my website's SEO support.

So, I waited a week to see if other banks will follow suit. I was pretty sure Wema is just the first, and that offer banks like First Bank and Zenith (where I already have accounts) will make their own announcements in the following week. Wrong.

Other banks will probably join Wema in this aspect, but I couldn't wait anymore. So, I headed into a Wema Bank branch last week Wednesday and opened a savings account. I asked about the Mastercard availability before even filling the account opening form. They assured me the thing is real. Me equals very happy.

I returned to the bank on Tuesday this week to get the card. Me equals happiness again the moment I was handed the purple card with Mastercard's logo at the bottom right and my name on the left. Will it work for online transactions? Wilco, they assured me.

Back home, it was time to experience something I've missed since Buhari's administration. I waited till the next day, though. My first attempt with my shiny newly acquired Mastercard was to pay for a diib subscription to support my website. My heart skipped a beat when the otp landed in my phone. Sadly, the transaction ended with: "your card has been declined."

Note: I have more than enough balance in my account. My heart sank. It just reminded me that most of these naira MasterCards were just in name and not function even before the ban. For example, I had FCMB and Ecobank Mastercards that never worked. Only my First Bank Mastercard worked like a charm back then.

Well, I've emailed Wema Bank requesting an explanation. That was yesterday; still awaiting their reply.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by bigstillz: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
There are only a handful of banks in Nigeria that don't joke with their customers, and I think Wema bank tops that list. I need to sign up for my own dollar card asap.
ibinaboonline:

So, Wema Bank finally got back to me this Saturday evening. They says they'd fixed the issue with my card and apologized for the inconveniences. Although it took almost five days to get a response from them, I'm glad they actually replied with a solution instead of the usual gaslighting you typically get from Nigerian banks. Yes, it's working now!! The monthly limit is $500, but I don't mind. Who even get thousands of dollars to spend these days😄? So, yes, Wema Bank's naira Mastercard works!

So, the news broke about three weeks ago that Wema Bank has brought back the naira Visa and Mastercard. It was the best news I've heard in a year as I look forward to a hassle-free transactions, especially to pay for my website's SEO support.

So, I waited a week to see if other banks will follow suit. I was pretty sure Wema is just the first, and that offer banks like First Bank and Zenith (where I already have accounts) will make their own announcements in the following week. Wrong.

Other banks will probably join Wema in this aspect, but I couldn't wait anymore. So, I headed into a Wema Bank branch last week Wednesday and opened a savings account. I asked about the Mastercard availability before even filling the account opening form. They assured me the thing is real. Me equals very happy.

I returned to the bank on Tuesday this week to get the card. Me equals happiness again the moment I was handed the purple card with Mastercard's logo at the bottom right and my name on the left. Will it work for online transactions? Wilco, they assured me.

Back home, it was time to experience something I've missed since Buhari's administration. I waited till the next day, though. My first attempt with my shiny newly acquired Mastercard was to pay for a diib subscription to support my website. My heart skipped a beat when the otp landed in my phone. Sadly, the transaction ended with: "your card has been declined."

Note: I have more than enough balance in my account. My heart sank. It just reminded me that most of these naira MasterCards were just in name and not function even before the ban. For example, I had FCMB and Ecobank Mastercards that never worked. Only my First Bank Mastercard worked like a charm back then.

Well, I've emailed Wema Bank requesting an explanation. That was yesterday; still awaiting their reply.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by nairajotter: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
I really appreciate this your review, personally I find it helpful. Looks like Wema bank is simply out to restore hope when it comes to customers satisfaction becos I have spent days talking to customer care rep from one of these other banks , issues unresolved but they seemed to have been more interested in me filling their survey form rather than fixing this issue I had.
ibinaboonline:

Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by arcahmad(m): 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
HAminat:

At Cardify, we take pride in an active nairaland support, kindly help with the issue you faced so we could resolve, that's if it's yet to be resolved already anyway.
l have an important payment to make today. I made a deposit to my main account to fund my dollar card. I have a serious payment to make before closing of the day. But up to now 4hrs my transaction is pending. Why other payment companies are faster than your's? This is not the first time l am experiencing this. If my card was not funded to 6pm l have no option than to use another payment company like chipper and others.

1 Like

Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ResourceMan(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
ibinaboonline:

I Am On The Same Shoe ooo. I Waited For GTB And Access But They Refused To Even Wake Up And Since I Can Not Wait for Anybody I Went To WEMA Bank Opened An Account And Got The Purple Mastercard. But, Voila! It Did Not Work. I Even Went To The Bank And They Did Some Stuff's On My Account And Told Me All Is Well. Yet Again It Still Did Not Work. I Mailed Them Going To One Week Now yet No reply. I Will Go There One Last Time And If It Still Refused To Work < I Will Just Jejely Withdraw Transfer Every Naira Out Of The Account.
I No Fit Shout.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by HAminat(f): 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
arcahmad:
l have an important payment to make today. I made a deposit to my main account to fund my dollar card. I have a serious payment to make before closing of the day. But up to now 4hrs my transaction is pending. Why other payment companies are faster than your's? This is not the first time l am experiencing this. If my card was not funded to 6pm l have no option than to use another payment company like chipper and others.

That's due to a general downtime. Be rest assured your funding will reflect in due time. Best regards.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:34am On Aug 11, 2023
Well, based on my experience, I think it will eventually work for you. Just make sure your email reached the head office, I suppose.
ResourceMan:

I Am On The Same Shoe ooo. I Waited For GTB And Access But They Refused To Even Wake Up And Since I Can Not Wait for Anybody I Went To WEMA Bank Opened An Account And Got The Purple Mastercard. But, Voila! It Did Not Work. I Even Went To The Bank And They Did Some Stuff's On My Account And Told Me All Is Well. Yet Again It Still Did Not Work. I Mailed Them Going To One Week Now yet No reply. I Will Go There One Last Time And If It Still Refused To Work < I Will Just Jejely Withdraw Transfer Every Naira Out Of The Account.
I No Fit Shout.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:39am On Aug 11, 2023
Yes, Wema seems determined to move up these days. We can only hope they sustain the momentum.
nairajotter:
I really appreciate this your review, personally I find it helpful. Looks like Wema bank is simply out to restore hope when it comes to customers satisfaction becos I have spent days talking to customer care rep from one of these other banks , issues unresolved but they seemed to have been more interested in me filling their survey form rather than fixing this issue I had.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2023
And they should compensate me for bringing them a customer 😄.
bigstillz:
There are only a handful of banks in Nigeria that don't joke with their customers, and I think Wema bank tops that list. I need to sign up for my own dollar card asap.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2023
If you check well, it's possible they moved up the gear riding the momentum of Davido's birthday that time. Do you remember?
frikalone:
I am not surprise Wema came through for you, they have actually been doing the most lately, slowly but surely becoming my no1 go to bank in Nigeria.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by joe4christ(m): 2:42am On Sep 20, 2023
Pls I want to ask. Does this same wema Mastercard be able to be used to link up to my PayPal account and cashout my PayPal funds into the card? And pls what’s wema PayPal dollar rate? Anyone pls
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2023
Yes, it certainly would. But the card has stopped working recently.
joe4christ:
Pls I want to ask. Does this same wema Mastercard be able to be used to link up to my PayPal account and cashout my PayPal funds into the card? And pls what’s wema PayPal dollar rate? Anyone pls
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2023
Sad update: the card has stopped working recently.

1 Like

Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by charzyh2: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
ibinaboonline:

Which bank card do you suggest?
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
None, currently.
charzyh2:

Which bank card do you suggest?
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by Rayd502(m): 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Yes, it certainly would. But the card has stopped working recently.

Just when I was planning to go get mine.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by ibinaboonline: 5:00am On Dec 15, 2023
The country is incredibly frustrating these days.
Rayd502:

Just when I was planning to go get mine.
Re: (UPDATE) My Experience Using Wema Bank's Newly Reintroduced Mastercard by codeworks(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
I think Wema will relax theirs if other banks can take same action by allowing customers to use Naira Visa/Mastercard to buy things international /online

By the way which other offer Naira Visa/Mastercard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akeredolu's Funeral: Nigeria Army Arrests Kidnappers Along Akoko-owo Road / What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) / 140 Applicants Paid N22 Million Bribe For Recruitment Into Immigration Service!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.