Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages (11777 Views)

Morocco National Team Was Given A Resounding Heroes Welcome / Meet Kaylin Swart, South African Women Team Goalkeeper That Got People Talking / Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by spencekat(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Does that imply you watched their matches & rated them high?
Yes .They are a good and calculative side.

1 Like

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Fortune118005(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congratulations to them
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Bribri: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
If only our girls finish group winner. This England team is no small feat.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by 27Pushing30: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Morroco my niggar

I'm not surprised sha

North Africans dey ball well like Europe

Imagine morroco females Muslim that are restricted when it comes to activities like this na im still dey ball for field like this o

In Morocco women are not restricted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Semaj77(m): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Bribri:
If only our girls finish group winner. This England team is no small feat.

I dey fear for our girls pass Morocco and South Africa too , that England team is no joke o
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by WannaHowzit(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:

It was all over Twitter and TikTok though

But Nairaland didn't push it to front page even though there were 2 threads on Banyana Banyana (the African champions, mind you) reaching the group stages for the first time ever.

But I understand there's rivalry 🇿🇦vs🇳🇬 and some people are pained😝
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by jelel6: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Welldone to the Moroccans.

Huge upset to see Germany knocked out in the group stages. They were one of the favorites and I predicted would reach the semis at least.

The England team would feel strongly about winning the cup now because other heavyweights are underperforming and have clear deficiencies.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Semaj77(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
WannaHowzit:

But Nairaland didn't push it to front page even though there were 2 threads on Banyana Banyana (the African champions, mind you) reaching the group stages for the first time ever.

But I understand there's rivalry 🇿🇦vs🇳🇬 and some people are pained😝

It's not a rivalry bro , we love South Africa like we love every other African country

2 Likes

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Shattuck(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Lol, when the African champions South Africa qualified yesterday it didn't hit front page.
i noticed it too, It was a remarkable victory, congrats to bayana bayana

1 Like

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Addme: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:
Morocco's national women's team have qualified for the knock out stages after securing a win against Colombia ( the group winners ) and Germany failed to beat South Korea , this means Colombia and Morocco qualify out of group H while Germany , the team predicted to win the group , gets eliminated. Fifa should also look into the injury time given and the referee should be quizzed on why the game continued to 106 minutes when only 9 minutes of injury time was awarded for the Germany vs South Korea match
I was also wondering when a9 minutes added time turned 107' in Korea- Germany game when there was no injury or delay in during the additional time.
The referee needs to be quizzed. She was waiting for Germany to score but God pass am.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Freebills12: 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
[color=#770077][/color]
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Morroco my niggar

I'm not surprised sha

North Africans dey ball well like Europe

Imagine morroco females Muslim that are restricted when it comes to activities like this na im still dey ball for field like this o

Restricted kwa? Morocco's Muslim is not like Nigerian Muslim...I don't know where this Nigerian Muslim inherited theirs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by projet: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Imagine Germany not able to beat south Korea,no be juju be that
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by obinna58(m): 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
bigtt76:
The Moroccans played very well and won 2 matches unlike ours who managed to scrape through cheesy Time would tell though Monday nor far wink

We were unbeaten, result is what matters
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by bigtt76(f): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Cohesive play matters also. I looked at the table for number of assists and it showed none ....speaks volume. We scored 3 and conceded 2 is not a good record though well Morocco scored 2 and conceded 6 cheesy

obinna58:

We were unbeaten, result is what matters
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Fira09(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Although the three next opponents against them are among the best teams in European women's football(England, Netherland, France).

I still have high hopes on Super Falcons.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by obinna58(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
bigtt76:
Cohesive play matters also. I looked at the table for number of assists and it showed none ....speaks volume. We scored 3 and conceded 2 is not a good record though well Morocco scored 2 and conceded 6 cheesy

We were better than Morocco
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by ybalogs(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
Jpblessed:
Bro, they all have tough opponents in the round of 16, it will be very difficult
Sure but that was how we thought none will qualify for quarter finals. We can only hope.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Sepukku: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:

It's not a rivalry bro , we love South Africa like we love every other African country

We dont like people who are xenophobic
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by phemmyfour: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:
This means 3 African teams have qualified for the knock out stages

Nigeria
South Africa
Morocco

Go Africa go!
At least one of them should get the QF ticket. Especially South Africa
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by KosiGee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
They really tried, especially after being trashed 6-0 by Germany in their 1st match.
Meaning no Country should be underrated.

Ironically, Germany didn’t qualify. Same Morocco they trashed, beat South Korea that ruined their chances.

The knockout stage is very interesting.

Nigeria vs England. I’m sure Ghanaians, all Caribbeans in the Uk would be rooting for Nigeria to beat England former colonial masters.

Morocco will be supported by the all the Tunisians, Algerians in Paris.

Julius Malema would be the happiest man if Banyana banyana beat the Boers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by obayendo1010(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Jpblessed:
Bro, they all have tough opponents in the round of 16, it will be very difficult
Lol, Germany was not a tough opponent?
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Semaj77(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
phemmyfour:
At least one of them should get the QF ticket. Especially South Africa

Rooting for 2 teams to get to the quarter finals
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Nordy: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:
Morocco's national women's team have qualified for the knock out stages after securing a win against Colombia ( the group winners ) and Germany failed to beat South Korea , this means Colombia and Morocco qualify out of group H while Germany , the team predicted to win the group , gets eliminated. Fifa should also look into the injury time given and the referee should be quizzed on why the game continued to 106 minutes when only 9 minutes of injury time was awarded for the Germany vs South Korea match

The injury time given especially when African teams are on the advantage is ridiculous. FIFA ought to review these.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Litmus: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
As always, Nigeria's Can-do ways emboldens meek Africa, empowering them to believe that Oyigbo are not gods and that if Nigeria can do it, they too can achieve.

When Ashiola took off her top and ran around the field waving it, I could just see Africans in my minds-eyes, biting thire fingers and preparing to think and support what ever Oyigbo press decided to make of that situation. If they roundly criticised her then Africans would join and cuss her even more than Oyigbo press. If they praised her, Africans would claim that they too have had female players doing that.

Having stated the above, I fully expect one of the African teams to go beyond the next round but not Nigeria. Things will be made very difficult for Nigeria above the might of the English team.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Mrtaye: 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
KosiGee:

Ironically, Germany didn’t qualify. Same Morocco they trashed, beat South Korea that ruined their chances.

The knockout stage is very interesting.

Nigeria vs England. I’m sure Ghanaians, all Caribbeans in the Uk would be rooting for Nigeria to beat England former colonial masters.

Morocco will be supported by the all the Tunisians, Algerians in Paris.

Julius Malema would be the happiest man if Banyana banyana beat the Boers.
😁 Honestly the marches are historic
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
ybalogs:
FIFA paying money directly to the players seems to be doing the magic. That's enough motivation for those playing to leave SAPA .

I thought they said they wont??.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by MrBONE2(m): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
Semaj77:
This means 3 African teams have qualified for the knock out stages

Nigeria
South Africa
Morocco

Go Africa go!
grin

Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by profmallor: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
It was dump-founding to the Germans. They (Koreas) were not going anywhere, yet they refused to let the Germans go either. The Koreas played and celebrated for National Pride.

ybalogs:
I hope no one has enemies as persistent as Korea sha.
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by justli: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2023
A sharp country would have featured 75% transgender team
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Semaj77(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2023
justli:
A sharp country would have featured 75% transgender team

Not possible
Re: Morocco's National Women's Team Qualifies For The Knock Out Stages by Sepukku: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
Semaj77:

Speak for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egypt President Promises N31.5m Bonus For Each Player & Coaches / Basheer Salisu To Officiate At 2019 U-17 AFCON / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.