Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update (4255 Views)

Weight Mounts On Obama To Call Islamic State Assaults On Christians "Genocide" / Chinese Man Sues Wife For Ugly Children! / Is Jonathan Doing His Facebook Updates By Self Or His Aide Is Doin It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Jenny20(f): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2011
A 36-year-old Texas man has pleaded not guilty to battery charges after allegedly attacking his estranged wife for failing to "Like" a status update he posted to Facebook.

Benito Apolinar had posted an update to his Facebook page about the anniversary of his mother's death. Angry that the post had elicited no response from his wife of 15 years, he confronted her after dropping off their children at her home in Carlsbad, New Mexico on Tuesday.

"That's amazing everyone 'Likes' my status but you, you're my wife. You should be the first one to 'Like' my status," he allegedly told her before punching her in the cheek and pulling her hair. He was reportedly under the influence of alcohol at the time.

Apolinar was arrested the same evening of the incident. He is scheduled to appear in court on December 22.

http://mashable.com/2011/10/09/man-assaults-wife-facebook/
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by slimyem: 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2011
wetin facebook go cause ehn,Mark sef no go fit handle am.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2011
I'm Obfuscated! Honestly, i am! I thought facebook's "like", "poke me", "poke back" was for kids!
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Jenny20(f): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. . .until Facebook status do us part,

Too much time on Facebook and not enough time going to a psychiatrist!
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by freecocoa(f): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
Facebook wahala,but she for like the status na.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by deniyor: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
They hv deeper underlying issues
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Aringarosa(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
There are a lot of crazies out there. This guy sounds like my brother. He got angry and threw my luggage off his second story balcony at 2 a.m. (I was visiting him in LA) when he told me his girlfriend asked about me and then he asked me do I think about his girlfriend and I said -- "no, she is your girlfriend, why would I be thinking about her?"

What's most bizarre is I got him the apartment and paid his rent for 4 months (he had no job or money at the time). His girlfriend (a women close to our Mom's age) couldn't let him stay at her house because she lived there with her husband.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tpia5: 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
^Is that a true story?
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Aringarosa(m): 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2011
tpia@:

^Is that a true story?

True story!
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tyson55(m): 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
Aringarosa:

There are a lot of crazies out there. This guy sounds like my brother. He got angry and threw my luggage off his second story balcony at 2 a.m. (I was visiting him in LA) when he told me his girlfriend asked about me and then he asked me do I think about his girlfriend and I said -- "no, she is your girlfriend, why would I be thinking about her?"

What's most bizarre is I got him the apartment and paid his rent for 4 months (he had no job or money at the time). His girlfriend (a women close to our Mom's age) couldn't let him stay at her house because she lived there with her husband.

I hope you're making all this up. I'm laughin so hard.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tyson55(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
Facebook is nothing but pure trouble on Earth. Too bad it has become an integral part of mass culture. It is not without precedent though, the British got the entire population of China hooked on opium in past.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tyson55(m): 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
Benito new status is: JAILED! Lol.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by jellyloveb(f): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2011
This "non-man" who assaulted his wife should be tarred and feathered. A real man doesn't hit women, especially his wife. His reasoning is irrational and just an excuse to beat up on a defenseless woman. He needs rehabilitation big time. I hope the wife gets a clue and leaves him.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 11, 2011
grin grin[/flash]
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Sike(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2011
Ewo! I'd berra start liking any status i set my eyes on henceforth, be it good or bad. I stil nid my tit intact.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Princek12(m): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2011
Jenny20:

For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. . .until Facebook status do us part,

Too much time on Facebook and not enough time going to a psychiatrist!

lol
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Parnassuss(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
jellyloveb:

This "non-man" who assaulted his wife should be tarred and feathered. A real man doesn't hit women, especially his wife. His reasoning is irrational and just an excuse to beat up on a defenseless woman. He needs rehabilitation big time. I hope the wife gets a clue and leaves him.

First off, I'm not for violence against anyone, male or female. But I don't understand just why women (who are virtually physically powerless in fights), keep provoking quarrels and taunting men the most and turn around to shout "real men don't hit women!!!" It pisses the hell out of me when a girl seemingly tries to be dense and stupid even in the simplest circumstance and then acts surprised when I simply try to aid her thinking process with my palm.

Truthfully, this fb husband is stupid and delinquent. But I don't stand behind that pointless theory of "real men don't hit women", not when real women are royal pains in the crack. undecided
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by mallorca(m): 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2011
facebook wahala
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Areosapien(f): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
I don't know about the 'Like', but I'm sure he definitely won't be a big fan of the 'Poke' after he's completed his jail time.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by UyiIredia(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
stupidity - on the part of the man.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by MMM2(m): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
fakebook angry
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tpia5: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2011
where are johndoe and co to explain the man's side of the story.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by lagcity(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2011
Areosapien:

I don't know about the 'Like', but I'm sure he definitely won't be a big fan of the 'Poke' after he's completed his jail time.
grin grin grin nice one
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by chines4(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2011
One Igbo proverb said that I woman that wants to quarrel with Co-wife will ask her to give her palm oil, so that she will use it to eat palm fruit. Like of FB statues indeed, he just need excuse to hit his wife
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by Agybabe(f): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
Of course, d man is drunk! Bt may God deliver us 4rm facebook palava ooo!
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by oladayo042: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2011
The man is demented.
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by lastpage: 12:35am On Oct 12, 2011
Very, Very true!

I just need to add that "REAL WOMEN" dont confront nor challenge men! shocked shocked wink wink

Sauce the Geese, Sauce the Gander!

l am all for NO TO VIOLENCE (from real men and real women) grin grin

That man was acting "under the influence of alcohol", according to the story!
Lesson: Dont marry a drunkard! cry shocked
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by SONIAADA(f): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2011

Lol,
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by eghost247(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2011
lol dude got issues wants to feel among
Re: Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update by tnktosin(m): 6:57am On Oct 16, 2011
Sick dude

(1) (Reply)

We Already Had A Black President / Photos: See Very Big Shark Caught Off The Coast Of Australia / Again! President Mugabe Beaten Up By Violent Wife Grace In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.