Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here (10902 Views)

Second Niger Brigde: Night Driving View / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by wittywriter: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Driving at night or odd hours or into the night.

Wittyness
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Chineloani(f): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
My experience:

It was about 7pm in a heavy downpour in Benin City on a Wednesday and I was driving through a quiet Street around GRA when I saw about 5 guys standing beside the road and as I drove past them, one of them stoned my back bumper with a heavy Stone in a bid to get me to stop and ask why he did so but I kept on moving and never gave them a chance of rubbing me of my car and other important items on me that night.
Benin City is somehow

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by KingLennon(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wetin fish see for hot oil, na who e go tell? Wetin deaf and dumb see for nite, na who e go tell?

I still love night drive sha but it's risky!
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by 008miracle: 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
I accidentally picked my ex from hotel around 11pm to my new home without both knowing it was a really sickly day, my data don finish...........😎
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by vincenteger: 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
winner37:
Enter night bus from IBADAN to AKWA IBOM you will have experience ...

Please where in ib did you enter the night bus
And which yr was that

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by vickyvershy96(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Late night driving gives me high BP. I don't go beyond 120 during day time during night Tim I drive as slow as 60km/hr especially on roads I am not familiar with. I tend to apply break a lot comsidering the bad roads/death traps we have in Nigeria,In short night driving isn't for me

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by LegallyBlunt: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
Carcholce:
Where I come from, (Edo state) we don’t drive at night. We fly instead.
Replace we with I. Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by wiseone28: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
I nearly send someone to afterlife because of low visibility and rain

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by winner37(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
vincenteger:

Please where in ib did you enter the night bus
And which yr was that

1910 😜
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by wiseone28: 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Younghacka:
I Never Get Car Yet, So I No Get Anything To Say. When I Get Car, I No Sure Say I Go Get Anything To Do With Late Night Driving.
Just form one we will believe 😁😁
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Mom007(f): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
I used to love night driving to the consternation of my folks. Not until the day I was almost stuck in one freakish stand still traffic along ibafo axis of Lagos Ibadan expressway... It was only God that saved me that night, and I had my kids in d car... People slept on that road that night so how would I have coped? That was the last day I tried that thing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by vincenteger: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
winner37:

1910 😜

I'm serious please
I have never seen night vehicle in Ibadan
Hence the reason I asked
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Storypot: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
Samirana360:
Night driving dey sweet oo
I remember when I was doing Uber in Lagos, I only work at night.... Free road, no lastma, no police, no vio, no road safety.
But it's dangerous oo
Can't remember how many times I slept on the road, agbero attack, evil people etc....

Night driving is the best shaa especially in Lagos

turn this your comment to lyrics and read it Shallipopi's voice, now you've made a banger!!!! hahahahahahahahahahah colo's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by winner37(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
vincenteger:

I'm serious please
I have never seen night vehicle in Ibadan
Hence the reason I asked

No night bus again ...you know AKTC OR PEACE MASS park abi
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Tonnierichy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2023

AutoConsult:
Okay there was this time I was driving from Ado Ekiti to Akoko part of Ondo state with my mum, and I sadly missed road on my way back. I was only 19 years of age, so I had just gotten my drivers license. This was my first night driving and it happened to be a long journey driving.

I was a good driver at that age but I had never driven or traveled at night. Omooorr it wasn't funny ooo... Ordinarily, the normal road I traveled on was quiet and less challenging in terms of traffic. But when I missed road, Chai! I found myself driving through a dungeon. The place was a thick forest and the people we asked for direction further worsened our problem.

The names of those towns were confusing, so they kept giving us wrong directions. Eventually shaa, I bursted out on that Akure-Owo road. People that know that route know how busy it is. Big trucks and all. It's the road that connects the South West to Abuja and Benin routes.

We sha got home safe on the said day but it was a harrowing experience. From that day though, I became a baddass driver. Nothing scared me anymore. I can travel to anywhere anytime.

I offer some services you might be interested in though♥️♥️
Interesting story.

Can you travel from Lagos to Abuja as soon as next weekend?
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by unbiased2021: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xwizard:
I can drive any time of the day and night. But recently I preferred not to drive at all anymore except it’s within my estate. The roads are not encouraging.

Btw this pix below still baffles me

Meeehn… I may end up flipping the car
Still haven’t got the best answer on what to do if this happened.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by AutoConsult: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Tonnierichy:

Interesting story.

Can you travel from Lagos to Abuja as soon as next weekend?
Yes sir.

Send me a personal message. Let's talk privately.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by PapaMama9ja: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Night driving could be fine all through if the issue of insecurity is out of the equation. I frequent Lagos to Abuja by road and mostly 90percent night driving all by myself. I usually leave Lagos for Abuja 3pm and would arrive Abuja 1am or 2am as the case may be.

However, the issues are largely bad road infrastructure and insecurity.
No side attractions as most cities are asleep
Visibility can be poor as most highway does not have street lights

It is sweet if you want to enjoy serene driving experience that devoid numerous stop and search. The weather is most conducive for such long trip, fuel evaporation is minimal, less cars on the road, the road is super cold,less tyre issue unless bobby trap and seems to be time saving and faster compared to day

For me i prefer Night driving over day time and i love driving

5 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Solidkay(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
I am a freelance IT person (technical) always on the move, both inter state,
Night driving is awesome, especially when you're familiar with the route.

All I do is wind up, put slow music, preferably "passenger"
Hold the wheel with two hands, no fancy driving.
Then fire down.
So far it's been great experiences, no ugly moment.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by unbiased2021: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
vincenteger:
A certain night I went to pick my aunt in the village though it was not too far from my place
I missed my way
I kept turning and turning. Yet I didn't see the road.
And the worse part was the network was really bad.
I had to park somewhere to trace the house and I later found her.
But we ended up looking for the car that night because I couldn't trace back where I parked.

You no get tracker ?
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by dalass(f): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Carcholce:
Where I come from, (Edo state) we don’t drive at night. We fly instead.

Winch grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Jones4190(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
kezienaira:
The only night drive I'll love to experience is blindfolding and ducttaping tinubu in the trunk of my MAZDA cx9 to send him back to Chicago so he can be prosecuted and sentenced immediately.
you don't even have a car chinedu
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by frankputer: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
at about 1am , Speeding at 140 on 3rd Main Land Bridge, From Ikeja(Cave) to Ikoyi , Descending from ikoyi Bridge Some Bannies where like , Honey Honey how far , i dey ooo, how far.nna men i zoom off for my dear life, this people got no joy. that was one risky thing i did as a student visitor in that Land.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Airoflaw(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
My first long late night travelling experience was a nightmare. Ibadan to ife, the road is so bad I was just running into potholes my car headlight was bad to crown it all it was raining, everywhere was dark including the road,car coming ahead with their lights entering into my eye. Chai. I suffer that day ooo. that was my first time plying that road

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by chatinent: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
The day in Nigeria is the valleys of the shadows of death… e come bi night?😮‍💨

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Cti28(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:
I was cruising my Benz leisurely within the campus in the night close to the stadium, listening to some enchanting jams which took away my mind from the present until I was waylayed by some guys. One blocking the road while the other was being furious from behind, I looked at them confused and scared at the same time... Then the other guy asked me to hand my phone to him which I graciously complied undecided after which they let me go embarassed

It was a terrible experience that made me to always be at alert ⚠ whenever I'm on my Benz.

Oops! Did I mention that it my my Legedizz Benz?? grin
I was like why didn't you zoom off. 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Cti28(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:
I was cruising my Benz leisurely within the campus in the night close to the stadium, listening to some enchanting jams which took away my mind from the present until I was waylayed by some guys. One blocking the road while the other was being furious from behind, I looked at them confused and scared at the same time... Then the other guy asked me to hand my phone to him which I graciously complied undecided after which they let me go embarassed

It was a terrible experience that made me to always be at alert ⚠ whenever I'm on my Benz.

Oops! Did I mention that it my my Legedizz Benz?? grin
I was like why didn't you zoom off with your benz. 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Pootle: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
while working for a haulage company back in the days. my supplies was always between Lagos and ogun state i never drove during the day to avoid unnecessary disturbance but there was a day i was on my way to sango ota using the agbara route my tire got burst, and i change the it, but the load was kinda much another behind got punctured again at these point to avoid damaging the rim i park and was waiting for daybreak, one person jus tapped on the window i was scared but he signal no harm and he said if am wise i should leave the vehicle as soon as possible that some gang are coming for me, though i was planning to initially leave, i immediately ran out and followed him. he said his the may guard of a filling station like 10meters away so i ran inside there less than 1min those boys came tried all they could till they successfully open the doors at the back and carted away with some goods, the aboki cam to meet and said i should jus drag the van inside the filling station premises anyhow i can, he they don't they cant enter inside, so i did in 5min they where with two wheelbarrow ready to clear the whole goods i was jus shivering like cold fowl, goods worth millions. i was ask to pay for the stolen once and worth was 150k or so....was a crazy night

7 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BestTrades: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

Check for accidents, stolen vehicles, recalls ....and more

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .....
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Space131: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
After dropping off my gf at her place at lekki (1:30 am )on my way back on the mainland there was this huge and massive speed bump close to my estate i totally forgot and I couldn’t see it from afar, I ran over it and I was at about 50mph cause of how free the road was omo na so I fly for air o grin grin , my fenders fell off cause of the landing impact grin

But aside that it was a sweet journey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speeding Driver Kills Siblings In Ogun / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To? / 5 Essential Safety Tips For Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.