Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,111 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After (7098 Views)

Oyebanji Disburses ₦‎500 Million Gratuities To Pensioners / Governor Akeredolu Pays N4 Billion To Pensioners / Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Nairalander248: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2023
jowhyte:
Say you are disappointed not we. He remains one of the best governor Edo has ever produced.

Governance is not about noise making.

When you have a direct way of eating from the government, you open your mouth waaaa to spill rubb1ssh. Which best governor?
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Originalsly: 9:55am On Aug 04, 2023
Iseoluwani:

So if there were no subsidy removal, you won't pay them. I detest this country with Passion

Seems so.... he also had no intention of paying .... and if the subsidy returns he will cut the pension.

1 Like

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2023
God bless Edo State

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by jude33084(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2023
dedonfranco:
Obaseki is a disgrace

We are disappointed.

Shame on you
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Chucks13: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2023
Wait, you mean for 17 years pensioners in Edo never get paid? Is this a joke or something?
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Wondersoflife: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2023
How could government punish her citizens for 17 yrs.GBR should give all Nigerian awards for breaking world records .Suffering in the midst of plenty.
Really wonders of life
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Nuheights(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2023
Do they also have gratuity plans for Local Government pensioners?
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Ellasure: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2023
Edo people, where una dey, don't you want old men and women in your communities again. somebody work finish for old age he is discarded.

very wicked people. repeat very wicked people. even oshiomole a supposed labour leader was not paying but he could go ahead and marry a young white woman.

if you can not recognize not paying pensioner as wicked act then you are not my fan at all.
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Ellasure: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2023
how can Edo state compete with other states, particularly south west Nigeria, when your old and wise people are killed off wickedly because of lack of sustainance.

I just can't imagine this happened for 17 years. how many people have died as a result. big shame on the state and her people.
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by MTNnews: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2023
How you fools lie shamelessly is beyond me
Lagos state pays above the minimum wage of ₦30K since 2019 till this hour both Edo and Anambra do not pay ₦30K minimum wage while Lagos already increased it minimum wage to over ₦60K doubling the minimum wage

ehissi:

Edo is currently the highest in wage bill, with the minimum wage set at @ #40,000........higher than lagos state and even rivers state.

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Tareq1105: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2023
wittywriter:
A whole 17 years?!!!

In as much as I don't admire any Nigerian politician it is wrong to blame Obaseki for a 17 yrs injustice going by the years he has been Edo State Governor.

Wittyness

He's being Gov for 7 yrs now.
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by latonione: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2023
He can now to that due to subsidy removal, excess money available for governors.
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by okoroemeka(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
dedonfranco:
Obaseki is a disgrace

We are disappointed.
this is the type of news you hear and not help it but admire Mr Peter obi,this man led anambra state for 8 yrs and didn't owe salary,pension, gratuity,no government supplier or contractor was owned and yet he left a staggering amount of #75 billion naira for the incoming government,what a man!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by sangresan(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
oshozondii:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/edo-resumes-payment-of-gratuities-to-pensioners-17-years-after/

Don't believe these people. No government can stop payment of gratuities for 17 years. They know that Nigerians are too gullible.
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by ehissi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
MTNnews:
How you fools lie shamelessly is beyond me
Lagos state pays above the minimum wage of ₦30K since 2019 till this hour both Edo and Anambra do not pay ₦30K minimum wage while Lagos already increased it minimum wage to over ₦60K doubling the minimum wage

Thank you for updating my info on the current minimum wage in lagos, by my last check it was #35,000.

But I can assure you that Edo currently pays #40,000......technically that puts Edo at second across the States....

Not bad for a state with an IGR that doesn't come close to what obtains in lagos state.....
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by ehissi(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chucks13:
Wait, you mean for 17 years pensioners in Edo never get paid? Is this a joke or something?

This is mostly gratuities of retirees not pension.

Gratuities is the bulk or lump sum paid to retirees at retirement. Then after a period of no more than a year, they start receiving monthly pension till they pass on.

Under the legacy pension scheme that existed before now, government bore the burden alone and the way the system existed created room for needless bottle necks and fraud.

Always requiring labourious queue and endless verification to stop ghost pensioners and fraudulent accountants

The current administration instituted the Contributory Pension scheme in January 2017 where a percentage of your basic is deducted and government also contributes a certain percentage to a PFA (Pension fund administrator) who invests the cash and after you retires pays it out to you based on your preference in line with industry regulated practices........

Most of the people paid are those from the Local government and it is the gratuities factored from the old legacy system. Under the new system, government doesn't pay pension, they send your cash to a PFA, and PFA pays you instead.......
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Bornboy4: 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Obaseki remains the best serving Governor in Nigeria. Forget party politics. cool

Oshiomole shut down the pensions board during his tenure and was using pensioners fund to enjoy himself at the State House.

1 Like

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by AskNgige2: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
damilola4162:
Majority of what you accused Nnamdi Kanu of doing, you did worse. You are twerking for Tinubu - Activist Deji Adeyanju throws tantrums at Asari Dokubo as they clash in interview (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRkV3l7xBo

I de imagine the kind snore wey Asari tokubo go de snore during sleep... Chai
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by inaiduna(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
My mum died as an headmistress in service in Benin City in 2007, till now we are yet to collect her gratuity, lets not mention any other emolument due her. It is just pathetic!

oshozondii:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/edo-resumes-payment-of-gratuities-to-pensioners-17-years-after/
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Thomthom(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2023
ehissi:

Are you minding that human being? They say you dont miss your water until the well runs dry.......

Edo is currently the highest in wage bill, with the minimum wage set at @ #40,000........higher than lagos state and even rivers state.

Hoping he will review it upwards before he leaves with prejudice to the current pump price of fuel of over #600, if person dey office, clap for him when he does good and scold him where he needs to improve, but overall constructive criticism is the best approach moving forward
But why did exclude Health workers from the 40k minimum wage..
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by jowhyte(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2023
You think everyone is like you guys the Emilokan fan boys who are placed on monthly 30k - 50k fees to endlessly type in this forum and other social media platforms this government shall favour me and my families?

Since we the Edo rejected your baba Sope type of Lagos politics backing our words with actions with the mantra “Edo Nor Be Lagos” that made Emilokan puppet to lose at the governorship poll gallantly. You lots keep nursing bitterness and launching attacks on the person of the Edo state governor - Obaseki even when he does the right.

He still remains one of the best Governors Edo has ever had. History will be kind to him. Truly governance is not all about paparazzi noise making.

When he leaves Edo state will know what’s up on how prudent and efficient he has been managing the lean resources of the state while touching every areas.

I noticed you guys are the most critics of Obaseki. You don’t say anything good about him even when he set the pace in most areas.

Here is a performing governor bringing dividends of good governance to is people in the areas of prompt salary/pension payment something bigger state in terms of revenues have not been able to do promptly in the past several years and he even currently pay the highest minimum wage in the 36 states of the federation including the FCT.

And recently he want to start paying retired workers gratuities and you are saying same governor is a failure? The. Someone living in the state is trying to correct you and you want to give a bad name to the person?

Some states don’t even pay pension. In Edo state civil service today, if you retired today and the following or two l, your pension immediately starts getting paid automatically without having to know anybody or doing a connection legging.

Nairalander248:

When you have a direct way of eating from the government, you open your mouth waaaa to spill rubb1ssh. Which best governor?
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Love800(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2023
I have a question

Is pension for life or it will stop at some point in time?
ehissi:

This is mostly gratuities of retirees not pension.

Gratuities is the bulk or lump sum paid to retirees at retirement. Then after a period of no more than a year, they start receiving monthly pension till they pass on.

Under the legacy pension scheme that existed before now, government bore the burden alone and the way the system existed created room for needless bottle necks and fraud.

Always requiring labourious queue and endless verification to stop ghost pensioners and fraudulent accountants

The current administration instituted the Contributory Pension scheme in January 2017 where a percentage of your basic is deducted and government also contributes a certain percentage to a PFA (Pension fund administrator) who invests the cash and after you retires pays it out to you based on your preference in line with industry regulated practices........

Most of the people paid are those from the Local government and it is the gratuities factored from the old legacy system. Under the new system, government doesn't pay pension, they send your cash to a PFA, and PFA pays you instead.......
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by ehissi(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2023
Love800:
I have a question

Is pension for life or it will stop at some point in time?

Under the old legacy system, pension is for life. That is to say government will pay pension monthly till you pass on, it isnt transferable.......

Under the new contributory pension system, you decide how you get paid. You have a pension account, just like a bank account where you see the total sum of monies you have accrued in savings plus interest accured through the PFA using your money to invest.......also you can take a loan from your pension savings while you still work.....

Based on industry best practices, under the new system you can do 2 things....

1. Demand your whole pension be paid to you either once or in instalments.....E.g If your account hold 8million, you can demand to withdraw the whole money once or what some people prefer.....they demand a lump payment of #3 million while the sum of #30,000 be paid every month until the #8million finish. The benefit of this option is that in the event of the demise of the pensioner, your next of kin is entitled to the balance of whatever money is left............

2. The second option is preferred by PFAs {Oloriburuku them}, they have what is called an annuity plan. Under Annuity, they keep your money for the purpose of reinvesting and pay you monthly interest on that investment as pension for life till the death of the pensioner. Why PFAs like this plan and always market it to pensioners is because it isnt transferable and once the pensioner dies the money becomes theirs. They factor your age, the volume of cash you have in savings and decide how much to pay every month.....Eg. you may have pension savings of #8million and hear after accepting annuity that they will only pay you #20,000 every month for life. If you factor life expectancy, football age factor in recruitment in the civil service amongst other factors, pensioner for don die before he/she receive up to 50% of that money......leaving the rest for the PFA
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by vincentont(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2023
weizixu:
Everyone is welcome to join my new Telegram group for a full comprehensive two days tutorial on Neteller / Skrill and Binance Arbitrage where u will be able to make 10k from $100 due to increase in dollar rate. You just need two accounts. Either Neteller and Binance or Skrill and Binance. So if u have any of these two accounts or u are ready to open any of the accounts u don't have then chat me up so u can be added to the new group. Please note That the two days tutorial is completely free so nobody should chat me up asking for the prices cos I am not Charging for What I learnt free.

Click on my signature or profile for my what'sapp contact .
Please don't fall for this scammer. He is a chronic scammer. He scammed someone last month with this method. He his back with another username.He keeps using different username . His method will look real but at the end you He will scam you . Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7718549/scammed-money-borrowed
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Nairalander248: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2023
jowhyte:
You think everyone is like you guys the Emilokan fan boys who are placed on monthly 30k - 50k fees to endlessly type in this forum and other social media platforms this government shall favour me and my families?

Since we the Edo rejected your baba Sope type of Lagos politics backing our words with actions with the mantra “Edo Nor Be Lagos” that made Emilokan puppet to lose at the governorship poll gallantly. You lots keep nursing bitterness and launching attacks on the person of the Edo state governor - Obaseki even when he does the right.

He still remains one of the best Governors Edo has ever had. History will be kind to him. Truly governance is not all about paparazzi noise making.

When he leaves Edo state will know what’s up on how prudent and efficient he has been managing the lean resources of the state while touching every areas.

I noticed you guys are the most critics of Obaseki. You don’t say anything good about him even when he set the pace in most areas.

Here is a performing governor bringing dividends of good governance to is people in the areas of prompt salary/pension payment something bigger state in terms of revenues have not been able to do promptly in the past several years and he even currently pay the highest minimum wage in the 36 states of the federation including the FCT.

And recently he want to start paying retired workers gratuities and you are saying same governor is a failure? The. Someone living in the state is trying to correct you and you want to give a bad name to the person?

Some states don’t even pay pension. In Edo state civil service today, if you retired today and the following or two l, your pension immediately starts getting paid automatically without having to know anybody or doing a connection legging.

Who be this one... I am not a fan of Emilokan, I supported Obi and I will always do. All these are irrelevant lol grin
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Love800(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2023
Under the old system, do u demand hw much u are paid monthly? And why is it not transferable?

Under the new system in the first option, that means ur pension can still finish at some point. Am right abi?

Under the new system in the second option, is it from the profits of the investment that the PFA will pay u from? And cant i demand hw much they pay me monthly? And what is the meaning of oloriburuku?

But the annuity depends on hw much u have in ur account, right? Like if someone has 20million as savings, the money they pay u monthly will pass 20k, right?
ehissi:

Under the old legacy system, pension is for life. That is to say government will pay pension monthly till you pass on, it isnt transferable.......

Under the new contributory pension system, you decide how you get paid. You have a pension account, just like a bank account where you see the total sum of monies you have accrued in savings plus interest accured through the PFA using your money to invest.......also you can take a loan from your pension savings while you still work.....

1. Demand your whole pension be paid to you either once or in instalments.....E.g If your account hold 8million, you can demand to withdraw the whole money once or what some people prefer.....they demand a lump payment of #3 million while the sum of #30,000 be paid every month until the #8million finish. The benefit of this option is that in the event of the demise of the pensioner, your next of kin is entitled to the balance of whatever money is left............

2. The second option is preferred by PFAs {Oloriburuku them}, they have what is called an annuity plan. Under Annuity, they keep your money for the purpose of reinvesting and pay you monthly interest on that investment as pension for life till the death of the pensioner. Why PFAs like this plan and always market it to pensioners is because it isnt transferable and once the pensioner dies the money becomes theirs. They factor your age, the volume of cash you have in savings and decide how much to pay every month.....Eg. you may have pension savings of #8million and hear after accepting annuity that they will only pay you #20,000 every month for life. If you factor life expectancy, football age factor in recruitment in the civil service amongst other factors, pensioner for don die before he/she receive up to 50% of that money......leaving the rest for the PFA

Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Larry1960: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2023
ehissi:

I don't think that's true ooooo annuity if one dies, it's still transferrable
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by ehissi(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2023
Larry1960:

I don't think that's true ooooo annuity if one dies, it's still transferrable

Not in my country Nigeria. Once you pass on, the annuity payment ends........feel free to confirm from any PFA!!
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Larry1960: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2023
ehissi:

Not in my country Nigeria. Once you pass on, the annuity payment ends........feel free to confirm from any PFA!!

Hello I've confirmed this for someone from a PFA and they said it would be transferred to the next of kin if the person dies
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by ehissi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
Larry1960:

Hello I've confirmed this for someone from a PFA and they said it would be transferred to the next of kin if the person dies

They lied, end of life of beneficiary - the pensioner - is the tenure of annuity. Only Whole or Preprogrammed payment is transferable.

If the PFA staff you asked insists that pension under annuity, is transferrable to next of kin, then riddle me this, ask them what is the process of complete withdrawal of pension funds under annuity in the event that the pensioner is deceased for next of kin..........which form do they fill and what documents do they present?

Make we know who dey play...................
Re: Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After by Godsonpinski: 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON HOW TO EXPEDITE MY DECEASED MUMS PENSION AND GRATUITY WHICH RUNS INTO MILLIONS.

I HAVE SUBMITTED ALL DOCUMENT NEEDED TO MAKE PAYMENT SWIFT YET STILL ITS BEEN OVER 2 YRS AND NO PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED, ABSOLUTELY ZILCH.

THERE IS A RUMOR THAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO BORROW SOME CASH FROM PENCOM FOR WHATEVER REASON. BEFORE THIS TYPE OF CALAMITY OCCUR, I NEED MY MUMS PENSION/ GRATUITY PAID.

EXPERTS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ME.

PLEASE HELP PUSH THIS QUESTION TO THE FRONT PAGE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND GOD BLESS YOU.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Vote For Gej In 2015? / 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN / Okada Are Restricted On 475 Out Of 9,100 Roads – Opeifa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.