Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time (438 Views)

Oshiomhole Arrives Edo In Grand Style, Promises To Reclaim State From PDP / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Seyi Makinde: We Inherited An Almost Bankrupt State From Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by ULiTv: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2023
It is actually my first time traveling to any SW state, I was posted to Ogun State precisely for a job contract.

I just want to know the culture there,
The environment,
The people, As am a stranger,

I have actually read much and much about the City of Ogun,

Just want my indigenous Ogun brothers here to give me more hint about Una Lovely state.

Thanks.

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Chigorkizz(m): 11:19am On Aug 04, 2023
Be very careful! Beware of skull miners.

Don't fall a victim. That's my little advice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Alchemy528: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Just wish them save journey
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by ULiTv: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Chigorkizz:

Haba na sad
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Kalakulu: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2023
I'll buy this and keep close to you just incase, otherwise one Azeez go use your head for skull mining experiment

5 Likes

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by MXrep: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2023
Beware of skull miners

2 Likes

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by ipobarecriminals: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2023
cool I dnt reside in Nig,but you'll enjoy ur stay in Ogun state..Moderate traffic,security [if God's watching you,watch yourself as well.Avoid nite crawling. If u are a hardworking, u can buy a farmland and pay the local to help u to plant etc.. Block ur 👂 to those 🐖s talking about head hunter,.If they tell u that Ogun state people are head hunters sad,they themselves use fully human body include bones sef.

May God enlarge your coast
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by illicit(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2023
There's no city called ogun

Ogun is a state, Abeokuta is the capital

In ogun state you have cities like Abk, Sagamu, Ijebu, Agọ Iwoye etc,

Ogun state borders Oyo and Lagos, very near to Lagos, there are some places u will stay in Ogun that's almost like u are in Lagos

Places like Sango ota, Redeemed camp, Mowe ibafo etc

So many people live in ogun state and work in Lagos, they go and come everyday

The name ogun means corner in Yoruba.

It is derived from river Ogun which runs through the state to the lagoon in Lagos. That's the river you see at the Kara market when you are approaching Ojodu Berger (Welcome to Lagos)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by SOSinNigeria: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2023
You must insure your head against skull miners! I repeat, insure your head against skull miners!!

At the very least, use protector to chain your head and neck region. However, I will advise you to thread with extreme caution. Skull miners are on rampage in that region cheesy cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Osariemen12: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2023
You can actually work your transfer to Edo State and have peace of mind. In all honesty, west is not the best place to be in Nigeria now. However, if you choose to go, be careful. Don't move freely at night, even with friends if you have any. Don't walk lonely in the day. Be sure not to respond to every words thrown at you as some of them are used to know if you are new to the environment. If you are to use 'okada', don't be so kind to allow the rider who will plead with you tob assist his brother on the road to join the bike you paid for, leaving you in the middle of two ritualists. Order your food from online from popular restaurants until you can locate a restaurant run by someone from any other region than southwest. I'm pessimistic you'll like their food. Cooking is not their thing. AkwaCross do better. Most importantly, if you are not offered accommodation by your company, be ready to renovate any house you will rent. There are no modern buildings for rent anywhere in Ogun State.

In all, enjoy the loud shouts of people who talk in high voice pitch prominence in the name of conversations. That's the beauty of Nigeria's diversity.

3 Likes

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by ronalmagic10(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2023
Ipob always encroaching and developing other people land. Can't you stay and develop your place

Tueh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by ganisucks(f): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2023
Chigorkizz:

SOSinNigeria:
You must insure your head against skull miners! I repeat, insure your head against skull miners!!

At the very least, use protector to chain your head and neck region. However, I will advise you to thread with extreme caution. Skull miners are on rampage in that region cheesy cheesy.

MXrep:
Beware of skull miners

Kalakulu:
I'll buy this and keep close to you just incase, otherwise one Azeez go use your head for skull mining experiment

Chigorkizz:

TERMlNATOR:
Touch ur head every five minutes to check if it is still intact.

Nigeria doesn't need filthy politicians, fifth columnists, saboteurs, foreign exploitative business men, gun running smugglers to destroy it. You guys, alone, are doing enough. Excellent job.
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by TERMlNATOR(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2023
Touch ur head every five minutes to check if it is still intact.

1 Like

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by MadamExcellency: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2023
Seun come and see your commodities.

Someone is asking an honest question and see the stúpidity coming out from the members of the forum.

The question is, how does Nairaland poison and destroy lives?
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Babalegba(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Osariemen12:
You can actually work your transfer to Edo State and have peace of mind. In all honesty, west is not the best place to be in Nigeria now. However, if you choose to go, be careful. Don't move freely at night, even with friends if you have any. Don't walk lonely in the day. Be sure not to respond to every words thrown at you as some of them are used to know if you are new to the environment. If you are to use 'okada', don't be so kind to allow the rider who will plead with you tob assist his brother on the road to join the bike you paid for, leaving you in the middle of two ritualists. Order your food from online from popular restaurants until you can locate a restaurant run by someone from any other region than southwest. I'm pessimistic you'll like their food. Cooking is not their thing. AkwaCross do better. Most importantly, if you are not offered accommodation by your company, be ready to renovate any house you will rent. There are no modern buildings for rent anywhere in Ogun State.

In all, enjoy the loud shouts of people who talk in high voice pitch prominence in the name of conversations. That's the beauty of Nigeria's diversity.
You must be jobless to write all that unhelpful rubbish.
@o.p Don't take notice of all those scaremongers,they are mostly easterners trying to downgrade other people,yet they are so numerous in Ogun state; hypocrites.
One person from Aba told me he likes Ogun state because he was able to sleep with two eyes closed here unlike Aba where armed robbery is sporadic. A lot of the armed robberies in Ogun state is carried out by easterners .Cultism and. crime rate is low and people are friendly as long as you are able to communicate in english or broken english. You will also find many people from your own state here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Chigorkizz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
ganisucks:

Nigeria doesn't need filthy politicians, fifth columnists, saboteurs, foreign exploitative business men, gun running smugglers to destroy it. You guys, alone, are doing enough. Excellent job.
Tell that to your tribesmen,like how they are propagating fake news about a region.

This thread should have been on 4th page if it's about a south eastern state. The funny thing is that you wouldn't have written what u just wrote.

1 Like

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Osariemen12: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Babalegba:
You must be jobless to write all that unhelpful rubbish.
@o.p Don't take notice of all those scaremongers,they are mostly easterners trying to downgrade other people,yet they are so numerous in Ogun state; hypocrites.
One person from Aba told me he likes Ogun state because he was able to sleep with two eyes closed here unlike Aba where armed robbery is sporadic. A lot of the armed robberies in Ogun state is carried out by easterners .Cultism and. crime rate is low and people are friendly as long as you are able to communicate in english or broken english. You will also find many people from your own state here.

The words are for OP, not you.

1 Like

Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
You will feel as if you are in Lagos
That is all I have to say
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by OKOATA(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
You can imagine the bullsh*t some numskulks are writing on here about skull mining. OP I tow from Ogun to Lagos 3rice in a week and there's nothing you have to worry about. Just live your normal life and everything is cool. There's nothing dangerous about Ogun state.
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by BossGerald: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
Human heads are very cheap over there...be protective of your own
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by Workch: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
You will feel as if you are in Lagos
That is all I have to say
With bad roads?
Re: What Advise For Someone Traveling To Ogun State From Abuja for the first time by haffaze777(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
ULiTv:
It is actually my first time traveling to any SW state, I was posted to Ogun State precisely for a job contract.

I just want to know the culture there,
The environment,
The people, As am a stranger,

I have actually read much and much about the City of Ogun,

Just want my indigenous Ogun brothers here to give me more hint about Una Lovely state.

Thanks.

Cc Lalasticlala

Ogun state is one of the lovely state in Nigeria, we're peace loving and faaji loving people,we always treat strangers nicely,so be rest assured that you will enjoy your stay here.if you are coming to abeokuta sha let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Firm Tackles Tompolo Over Alleged Oil Theft / Tribunal: Nigerians Set For Mega Solidarity Walk To Demand Judicial Transparency / Lagos Assembly Alerts Sanwo-olu Over ‘killings’, Calls For Urgent Council Meetin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.