Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty (51317 Views)

Warehouse Looting: Hungry People Can't Remove Doors, Windows - Mariya Mahmoud / Mariya Mahmoud: Fire Guts FCT Minister Of State Residence In Abuja / Names Of The New Ministerial Nominees Tinubu Sent To The Senate For Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by azpekuliar: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
Commissioner for Education or Higher Education? If she did not make a huge dent in the number out-of-school children in Kano she has no business being a minister at the federal level.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by sheffybugatty: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ganduje is winning.
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by AmotekunSW: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,we are youths.let us support our fellow youths.dr Shetty or nobody.tinubu really annoyed me with this useless replacement

Pls, do have any info as to why why exactly she was replaced?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by jpdoncumagain: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gandollar don play him first card. Baba nor dey waste time at all oh

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Arespect10: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
It's not permissible in Islam for a woman to represent man in such political seat. Now Tinubu is replacing and only God know the kind of trauma she'll go through
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Kukutente23: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,we are youths.let us support our fellow youths.dr Shetty or nobody.tinubu really annoyed me with this useless replacement
Keep quiet. Tinubu is simply playing to keep his base intact. Your opinion is inconsequential

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by donphilopus: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

It shouldn't have happened. But I'd like to know her offence.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by FreeStuffsNG: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
trutharena:
This is injustice.

President Tinubu shouldn’t have succumbed to the people opposing Shetty. There is nothing on earth you can do that will please everybody, he should have just leave Shetty to continue.

Only God know how the Shetty lady will be feeling now. It’s even better they don’t announce her in the first place.

I hope all the Arewa youth condemning the nomination of Shetty are now happy.
She will be compensated
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Jsucre(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Kwankwaso ask her to reject the nomination immediately Ganduje was announced chairman of the party....100% legit mataz
Aba made comment
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Svoboda(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

Garfield is really angry. Tinubu shouldnt have backed down since she was that close. He should have struck a compromise by offering her a less significant ministry.
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by AchichaMmuo: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
trutharena:
This is injustice.

President Tinubu shouldn’t have succumbed to the people opposing Shetty. There is nothing on earth you can do that will please everybody, he should have just leave Shetty to continue.

Only God know how the Shetty lady will be feeling now. It’s even better they don’t announce her in the first place.

Na the Northern Oligarchy put am there, this is what he'll be doing for the rest of his administration, pleasing the North!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by samunaka: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Obaofaba:

I totally agree with you.

She'll definitely feel sad unless she's the one that rejected the nomination.

No sane person will ever reject the opportunity of being a federal minister which is a once in a life time privilege not more when she is a woman, who is Kwakwanso to tell her to resign, is she not having a family to advice her, all those who criticized her nomination were thinking that when there is a replacement it will favor their candidates but unfortunately it did not
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Kcfresh2103(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
Not Keyamu Again?
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by pendragonbladgo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
Some here just talk any how....

In Nigeria, since we are not whites, is it normal for a woman of 44years to be single?
She can't live with a Man. Our Black tradition and religion enjoys women to be married!

Shetty is not fit!
She can't run a family so she can't run a nation. Nigeria is not a joke at the moment, it's a real business. Jonathan did such mistake, bringing prostitutes into government... And they ended up using government matters to entertain themselves and friends

We want women like Dora and Ajiya Bunkure
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by AmotekunSW: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Arespect10:
It's not permissible in Islam for a woman to represent man in such political seat. Now Tinubu is replacing and only God know the kind of trauma she'll go through

So, in Islam, women can't be Ministers?

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Abifarin16: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
trutharena:
This is injustice.

Maybe she just dodged a bullet who knows.
Make dem sha deliver Nigeria and Nigerians are hungry for change and a better life
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by casualobserver: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
trutharena:
This is injustice.

you clearly dont understand politics. In politics your strength as a leader is derived from the people you lead. Just like in Ambode's case, when the people say they dont want, they dont want and if you go against them they will take you out eventually.

i dont understand kano political intrigues, but all over twitter yesterday, it was clear that the Kano politicians did not want her.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Tareq1105: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
trutharena:
This is injustice.

Tinubu would get her something else. The pressure was much from Kano party leaders.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by wegevv: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Kwankwaso ask her to reject the nomination immediately Ganduje was announced chairman of the party....100% legit mataz

Stop talking rubbish

There is no way this woman rejected the nomination

https://youtube.com/shorts/l1qGv8o7Ym8?feature=share
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by MyMouth(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Svoboda:

Garfield is really angry. Tinubu shouldnt have backed down since she was that close. He should have struck a compromise by offering her a less significant ministry.

Less significant ministry to a minister from Kano state
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by sunsweet33: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

In Nigeria, since we are not whites, is it normal for a woman of 44years to be single?
She can't live with a Man. Our Black tradition and religion enjoys women to be married!

Shetty is not fit!
She can't run a family so she can't run a nation. Nigeria is not a joke at the moment, it's a real business. Jonathan did such mistake.

Wait o, so that was the reason?? Wow 😯

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by garfield1: 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Svoboda:

Have you ever seen me angry like this? I am hurt.i was excited by the prospect of a youth being there.seyi should intervene
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by garfield1: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
donphilopus:

It shouldn't have happened. But I'd like to know her offence.

Shuaibu might be impeached.
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Svoboda(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2023
garfield1:

Have you ever seen me angry like this? I am hurt.i was excited by the prospect of a youth being there.seyi should intervene

I understand. Thats why I tone down my expectations. Be that as it may, she just has to be compensated.
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by ahiboilandgas: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Shetty is not fit!
She can't run a family so she can't run a nation. Nigeria is not a joke at the moment, it's a real business. Jonathan did such mistake.
if she didn't get any suitor .will she marry herself to suit you.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by garfield1: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Svoboda:

I understand. Thats why I tone down my expectations. Be that as it may, she just has to be compensated.

Yes.tinubu should even have given Kano 3 slots
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by Svoboda(m): 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
MyMouth:

Less significant ministry to a minister from Kano state

Doesnt matter. Politically, she bears no weight. Her technocratic competence must have played into her being nominated as a minister and not for her political clout.

A big state like Kano can have more than one minister.
Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by jelel6: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
kokorokoman:
Muslims generally disapprove the ideal of a woman representing them talk less of a woman they term "little tik tok girl".
I believe she will be compensated with another appointment though.

By all evidence, there are only two Women who came closed to become governors by winning their state elections, the Late Mama Taraba and Mrs Binani of Adamawa state. Both Muslims who where supported and voted for by many Muslims in those state.

What where you saying again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by HNICEARTH: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
kestolove95:

Dey play!

Somebody that was already at NASS for her screening when she learnt about the withdrawal letter sent by Tinubu to NASS.

Moreover, she has nothing to do with kwankwaso. She has always being working with Ganduje, gawuna and Abdullahi Abbas (APC chairman, kano).

I wish she was not withdrawn. I support anything youthful

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by TOMMYS: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Na our technocrats be this bah?. Nigeria is gone

1 Like

Re: Meet Mariya Mahmoud Bunkure, The New Ministerial Nominee Who Replaced Shetty by gratefulheart(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
This is not true. She was at the NA today when she heard she has been replaced. The video is on Twitter and news media.

kestolove95:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015 / Tinubu With His Grand Children / 5,000 Fighters Ready To Evict Hausa And Yoruba — Niger Delta Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.