Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Dear Nigerian HR: Indian First Class Is Nigeria's 2nd Class Upper/2:1 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dear Nigerian HR: Indian First Class Is Nigeria's 2nd Class Upper/2:1 (241 Views)

Sergeant First Class Ifeanyi Rapu Honored In The US After Completing 3-Year Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigerian HR: Indian First Class Is Nigeria's 2nd Class Upper/2:1 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
I felt moved to write this based on my past experience with my Indian contacts here in Nigeria and what I think a lot of Nigerian HR and companies need to know about Indian certificates and grades. Also, seeing the recent news that Dangote was planning to get 11 thousand workers from India, I feel it's imperative for Nigerian HR to understand this...

In India, there is no 2nd class upper or 2:1, what they have instead of that are 2 different types of 1st class degrees
1. First class with distinction, which is the real 1st class, i.e. performance of 70-100 (A grades in Nigeria).
2. First class/ First Division - this is usually gotten with a performance of 60-69 (B grades in Nigeria), this is similar to Nigeria's second class upper grade or 2:1.

This grading system is said to be replaced by a grade point system in India nowadays, but still, it's important to ask for transcripts in order to understand the grading system. Attached is the Indian grading system as seen on the University of Reading's website.

PS: The aim of this post is to create awareness and not to degrade the competency of Indian graduates or Nigerians who studied in India.

Re: Dear Nigerian HR: Indian First Class Is Nigeria's 2nd Class Upper/2:1 by DevilishMan: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ebola Tinupoo should take note.

(1) (Reply)

Which Offer Should I Choose??? / If You Could Give A Piece Of Advice To A Guy In His Early 20s, What Would It B / List Of Agric Ponzi Schemes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.