Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her (36758 Views)

Andreev, Russian Ambassador To Poland Splattered With Red Paint By Protesters / Nuclear Deal: France Recalls Its Ambassador To U.S. And Australia In Protest / Luca Attanasio, Italian Ambassador To DR Congo Killed After Convoy Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by abc115: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
Audacity; Niger Ambassador to France says Nobody can sack her

Niger's ambassador to France, Aïchatou Boulama Kané, told the AFP on Friday to "always be" the ambassador to France "of the legitimate President Mohamed Bazoum", adding that she rejected the Putchists' decision to terminate her duties "as null and unavoidable".

"I am still the ambassador of the legitimate President Bazoum Mohamed and I consider myself such," she said in an interview to the AFP.

The Putchists notification "to terminate (my) duties I consider it null and unavoidable; it was taken by an illegitimate power, I am the ambassador of Niger in France," hammered the diplomat, serving in France since December 2021.

On Thursday evening, the military perpetrators of a coup in Niger announced an "end" to Niger's ambassadors in France, the United States, Nigeria and Togo in a statement read on national television, as pressure to restore constitutional order in Niger multiply internationally.

"He has terminated the duties of extraordinary and plenipotentiary ambassadors of the Republic of Niger (... ) to the French Republic", "Nigeria", to "the Togola Republic" and "to the United States", said one of the Putschists.

Aïchatou Boulama Kané specifies that he has received this "by letter" notification, in which the Putchists appoint a business manager to replace her, in this case the first adviser of the Embassy of Niger in France.

"I informed the first adviser that I reject this decision," the ambassador told the AFP on Friday.

"I am currently in my office; President Bazoum called me yesterday to tell me +go to your office, you have my trust and we will continue the work+," she reported.

"It's only him (Mohamed Bazoum) that I recognize, he's the one who nominated me to President Macron, I stay and remain his ambassador in France," she added.

https://twitter.com/ZagazOlaMakama/status/1687468833412423682

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by TemplarLandry: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2023
grin

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by ivolt: 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Thank you brave woman.
The coupists days are numbered.

118 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Akpangbo: 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
She is seeking for refugee status in france.

291 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by SpatialKing(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
Of course.... You don't want to go back to your country

163 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by nyiamfrank: 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Self-employed

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by FreeStuffsNG: 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
abc115:

Niger's ambassador to France, Aïchatou Boulama Kané, told the AFP on Friday to "always be" the ambassador to France "of the legitimate President Mohamed Bazoum", adding that she rejected the Putchists' decision to terminate her duties "as null and unavoidable".

"I am still the ambassador of the legitimate President Bazoum Mohamed and I consider myself such," she said in an interview to the AFP.

The Putchists notification "to terminate (my) duties I consider it null and unavoidable; it was taken by an illegitimate power, I am the ambassador of Niger in France," hammered the diplomat, serving in France since December 2021.

On Thursday evening, the military perpetrators of a coup in Niger announced an "end" to Niger's ambassadors in France, the United States, Nigeria and Togo in a statement read on national television, as pressure to restore constitutional order in Niger multiply internationally.

"He has terminated the duties of extraordinary and plenipotentiary ambassadors of the Republic of Niger (... ) to the French Republic", "Nigeria", to "the Togola Republic" and "to the United States", said one of the Putschists.

Aïchatou Boulama Kané specifies that he has received this "by letter" notification, in which the Putchists appoint a business manager to replace her, in this case the first adviser of the Embassy of Niger in France.

"I informed the first adviser that I reject this decision," the ambassador told the AFP on Friday.

"I am currently in my office; President Bazoum called me yesterday to tell me +go to your office, you have my trust and we will continue the work+," she reported.

"It's only him (Mohamed Bazoum) that I recognize, he's the one who nominated me to President Macron, I stay and remain his ambassador in France," she added.

I have told them o. All these Twitter play by the coupists hold no power. They are impostors. Even before Nigeria moves in , their ranks will break.

The few military hardwares they have were dashed to them by Nigeria and their military recieves training here in Nigeria. It's only naive to suggest that we will use war to chase away these impostors. They have lost!

Their deadline is this weekend but trust that Nigeria is not waiting for the deadline sef. Check my signature for free stuffs!

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Bluntguy: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
That is the ECOWAS spirit. Even the one in Abuja ignored the recall.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by thisisit: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
She is part of the corruption in the Democratic COLONIAL slave Government

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by yarimo(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gbam well said ambassador

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by favor914: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
thisisit:
She is part of the corruption in the Democratic COLONIAL slave Government
Yet Nnamdi Kanu is asking England for help, claiming I am a British Citizen born in Abia State Nigeria? Those Ipob slaves, never fail to surprise me.

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Ikaeniyan0: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
She's a brave woman. She's still the recognize Nigerien ambassador to France.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by favor914: 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I have told them o. All these Twitter play by the coupists hold no power. They are impostors. Even before Nigeria moves in , their ranks will break.

The few military hardwares they have were dashed to them by Nigeria and their military recieves training here in Nigeria. It's only naive to suggest that we will use war to chase away these impostors. They have lost!

Their deadline is this weekend but trust that Nigeria is not waiting for the deadline sef
True Talk.

103 Likes

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by endsarrrs(f): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Alpha female

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by StarFist(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
Comment reserved

1 Like

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by tsdarkside(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
look wahala....
Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by tsdarkside(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
Bluntguy:
That is the ECOWAS spirit. Even the one in Abuja ignored the recall.

oh noo....this is bad....
russia realy needs to back off in africa....

gettin involved in all wahala in the world is not good....

7 Likes

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Abifarin16: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
OK. Enjoy. Hope you don't have close ties to anyone in Niger, because your rebellion just made them a target.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by BOYS2MEN: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
Toh come back niger na...no b to dey dia dey run mouth
abc115:

2 Likes

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Bluntguy: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
tsdarkside:

oh noo....this is bad....
russia realy needs to back off in africa....

gettin involved in all wahala in the world is not good....
I tell you
Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Fugazy2023: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
See foolish talks by ipob miscreants in the comment section. Haters of good things in life

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Roger3D(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
An invasion of any African country must be avoided at all costs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Armaggedon: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
France will soon start paying her wages.

4 Likes

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by CJStarz: 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
Women and their wahala 😂😂
Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by computer0810(m): 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Niger with initial gragra.....dey won't last 1 week if Nigeria invade

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by FreeStuffsNG: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2023

Their deadline is this weekend but trust that Nigeria is not waiting for the deadline sef. Check my signature for free stuffs!

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by sukkot: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
cheesy
Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by specialmati(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Africa is just a funny continent. wahala continent

2 Likes

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by N3TRAL: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Invade Niger and drag the coup plotters on the streets. Bomb their quarters to oblivion.

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by Throwback: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wow!

She has stood up for democracy.

She was appointed by a validly elected and constitutional leadership of her country.

She was not appointed by a military junta, so cannot obey illegal orders by an illegal authority.

Igbos should learn more about democracy before championing military rule because an Igbo candidate finished 3rd in Nigeria.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aïchatou Boulama Kané: Niger Ambassador To France Says Nobody Can Sack Her by TheSuperX(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Akpangbo:
She is seeking for refugee status in france.
I don't think she will ever travel to Niger again.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Venezuelan Bolivar - What Can It Buy You? / Chechen Leader’s Brutal Fighters Are Getting Killed In Ukraine ‘every Day’ / Uganda Risks Losing Only International Airport Over Chinese Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.