Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. (1838 Views)

Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / Yahoo Boy With Police Plate Number On His Benz Gets Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by timstone(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
On the 2nd of August 2023,a friend told me he sent the sum of fifty thousand naira #50000.00 into my GT Bank account. He sent the receipt to my WhatsApp for confirmation. It bears my name, amount, and GT Bank. Since there was no alert, decided to check my app nothing was present.

Called my friend, he said it was network that it will surely come. I was not comfortable. Open my watsapp to verify the receipt. He told me he saw my name on the app before sending.

My observation was that he used my phone number in place of my account number

I tried my kuda app, opay app using my phone number in place of my GT account number, surprisingly my name's appear. Using GT Bank for the place of bank.

Went to the bank this morning. The bank said they can't trace my money. My friend in return have been trying to call opay customers care without connection since morning

What should I do?
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Badguy77(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Oya so pe otilo
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by charlesdinho(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
una get mind. where opay bank branch de? with all the banks wey get branch, na bank wey no get branch una de operate with

1 Like

Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by digitalgeorgy(m): 4:29am On Aug 06, 2023
This is strange ooo.
I put my phone number instead of my account number and my bank as gtbank and my name appeared.
What you are saying is very correct.
I believe gtb is currently having a little issue

4 Likes

Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Eboski(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
I did the same now with my Gtbank with my phone number my name came out
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2023
It will reverse back
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Alchemy528: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2023
This is Nigeria o
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by timstone(m): 5:27am On Aug 27, 2023
Opay finally returned my money back from the 2nd of August to 23rd of August 2003.
I went to my bank GT telling them my money is with them, opay told me the money is with them. They insist the money is still with opay.

The following week on Monday, I went to GT with my friend who send the money, Opay told him too that the money is with Gt bank. After much argument inside GT bank they print one letter they called clearance, we called opay customers care line again inside the bank, giving them all evidence that the money is with them

Finally, they ask me to printout my statement of account for that very day which I did. They promise within 48 hrs we will hear from them

Throughout that week any time we call Opay they keep on telling us story. They later asked me to print my statement of account from the 2nd to 18th of August which I did. send it to them through the email they gave us. They ask us to wait for the next 48hrs. They later called telling us they want to send mail to GT to get my statement of account. Any time we called they will say they are on it

Another of my friend suggest we report to Central Bank of Nigeria. Cbn asked us to send the statement of my account. My friend later called opay telling them he will report them to cbn. Whithin 24hours they return the money saying GT Bank return the money
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by timstone(m): 5:31am On Aug 27, 2023
]On the 2nd of August 2023,a friend told me he sent the sum of fifty thousand naira #50000.00 into my GT Bank account. He sent the receipt to my WhatsApp for confirmation. It bears my name, amount, and GT Bank. Since there was no alert, decided to check my app nothing was present.

Called my friend, he said it was network that it will surely come. I was not comfortable. Open my watsapp to verify the receipt. He told me he saw my name on the app before sending.

My observation was that he used my phone number in place of my account number

I tried my kuda app, opay app using my phone number in place of my GT account number, surprisingly my name's appear. Using GT Bank for the place of bank.

Went to the bank this morning. The bank said they can't trace my money. My friend in return have been trying to call opay customers care without connection since morning

What should I do?

Opay finally returned my money back from the 2nd of August to 23rd of August 2003.
I went to my bank GT telling them my money is with them, opay told me the money is with them. They insist the money is still with opay.

The following week on Monday, I went to GT with my friend who send the money, Opay told him too that the money is with Gt bank. After much argument inside GT bank they print one letter they called clearance, we called opay customers care line again inside the bank, giving them all evidence that the money is with them

Finally, they ask me to printout my statement of account for that very day which I did. They promise within 48 hrs we will hear from them

Throughout that week any time we call Opay they keep on telling us story. They later asked me to print my statement of account from the 2nd to 18th of August which I did. send it to them through the email they gave us. They ask us to wait for the next 48hrs. They later called telling us they want to send mail to GT to get my statement of account. Any time we called they will say they are on it

Another of my friend suggest we report to Central Bank of Nigeria. Cbn asked us to send the statement of my account. My friend later called opay telling them he will report them to cbn. Whithin 24hours they return the money saying GT Bank return the money
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Howtopay(f): 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
The same thing is happening to me right now ,my sister sent me money from access bank to my Gt bank using my phone number instead of my acc number and it brought my name
I didn’t receive the alert ,we went to gt bank they told us no record found of d money ,that we should go back to access bank
We went back to access bank they told us the money is with gt bank

Please kindly tell me how u solve your own
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2023
Howtopay:
The same thing is happening to me right now ,my sister sent me money from access bank to my Gt bank using my phone number instead of my acc number and it brought my name
I didn’t receive the alert ,we went to gt bank they told us no record found of d money ,that we should go back to access bank

you go explain tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Profadvocate: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2023
Let your friend log for refund with Opay
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by youngrichnigga: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
Your friend is trying to be clever by half; why should he send to your phone number if you have him a bank account? He ain't been honest with you undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Blackmoran(m): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
I don't understand why using your phone number as your account number instead of your bank account number ...... Do you think bank operation is the same way as opay....
Please someone educate me if am ignorant of what I don't know about...
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by Tremple8v: 4:58am On Nov 15, 2023
Same
Re: My Phone Number In Place Of My Account Number On GT Bank Showing My Name. by shem4soul: 2:02pm On Jan 25
Howtopay:

Pls, how did u resolve this issues...same happen to me yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Married Woman Cuts Off Boyfriend’s Penis With Scissors In Hotel (photos) / Photo: Car Runs Over 14-year-old Girl, Crushes Her Major Internal Body Parts / PHOTO: Man Commits Suicide After Writing Jamb For 6 Years Without Passing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.