Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? (42960 Views)

Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Training Needed As An Economic Planning Person B4 Moving 2 Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by micellgevity: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2023
A friend came to me yesterday, he wanted to sell his house to relocate to Canada. He is 42+ yrs. He is assured of a tourist visa that will cost him 1.8m excluding ticket.

He wants to know if it is worth it considering his age. Also he is afraid that if he sells his house in Ilorin (a new site) and the things go south what will happen.

Another thing he is assured is that his visa can be extended before expiration. He wants to know whether he can truly work with a tourist visa of 5 yrs and whether his visa can be extended.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by 1stola: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
A friend came to me yesterday, he wanted to sell his house to relocate to Canada. He is 42+ yrs. He is assured of a tourist visa that will cost him 1.8m excluding ticket. He wants to to know if it is worth it considering his age. Also he is afraid that if he sells his house and the things go south what will happen. Another thing he is assured is that his visa can be extended before expiration. He wants to know whether he can truly work with a tourist visa of 5 yrs and whether his visa can be extended. Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.
Where is your house?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by ednut1(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
A friend came to me yesterday, he wanted to sell his house to relocate to Canada. He is 42+ yrs. He is assured of a tourist visa that will cost him 1.8m excluding ticket. He wants to to know if it is worth it considering his age. Also he is afraid that if he sells his house in Ilorin (a new site) and the things go south what will happen. Another thing he is assured is that his visa can be extended before expiration. He wants to know whether he can truly work with a tourist visa of 5 yrs and whether his visa can be extended. Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.
he is assured visa Because the agent owns the embassy abi. Scam scam scam

547 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by micellgevity: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2023
His house is a new site in Ilorin.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by madridguy(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2023
grin grin grin

Do your friend a favour by posting the house photos for potential buyer.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by madridguy(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy Someone cannot play with you again?

ednut1:

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by franchasofficia: 8:37am On Aug 05, 2023
ednut1:
Tunde answer his question and leave the issue of securing visa to him; can he secure a job in Canada with a tourist visa?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by ednut1(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2023
franchasofficia:
Tunde answer his question and leave the issue of securing visa to him; can he secure a job in Canada with a tourist visa?
unless he has one scarce skill employers are unable to find in Canada. The government requires that employers consider those in Canada first ( citizens, permanent residents, students etc) before considering outsiders. Possible but very unlikely. Less than a 2% chance. There are many Nigerians in Canada right now that are stranded on visiting visa and have been unable to get jobs. Some agents here are charging 20k dols to arrange jobs ( which is illegal) .Some are going back home while others are looking for asylum or marriage

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by BigDawsNet: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
A friend came to me yesterday, he wanted to sell his house to relocate to Canada. He is 42+ yrs. He is assured of a tourist visa that will cost him 1.8m excluding ticket. He wants to to know if it is worth it considering his age. Also he is afraid that if he sells his house in Ilorin (a new site) and the things go south what will happen. Another thing he is assured is that his visa can be extended before expiration. He wants to know whether he can truly work with a tourist visa of 5 yrs and whether his visa can be extended. Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.

Let me give you a simple advice...
Right now 🇨🇦 is doing well by giving couple of people visit visa dis days... nobody knows why dey open dia border... anyway with a visit or tourist visa... You friends chances of getting a work authorization is like 3% out of 100... with is his current age.. the percentage is even low...

-He won't be able to do any work
-To even sweep ground for a resturant or wash plates... he will surely need a work card
- tell him to come with enough money so he won't get frustrated
- nobody will house him for long in canada unless his close family member are dere... so he should think abt that
- some other options to stay legal is to get married...
Finding a wife with ur Immigration status is like Finding a gold... who won marry visitor? He may be lucky sha
- aslyum is another option... tho wen the results comes out and he fail... na immediate removal straight .. if he succeed.. his consider a lucky man.. tho it's takes d grace of God because we ain't war tour country to consider for refugee...

Final advice.. let him use his house to borrow some money... den he ca travel for 3months and see how it is over dere... just selling of ur properties to migrate to Canada on visit visa no just make sense

416 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by franchasofficia: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2023
ednut1:
unless he has one scarce skill employers are unable to find in Canada. Possible but very unlikely. Less than a 2% chance. There are many Nigerians in Canada right now that are stranded on visiting visa and have been unable to get jobs. Some are going back home while others are looking for asylum or marriage
Now you have answered his question holistically and I am sure this would help him in his decision making. Well done

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by ednut1(m): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2023
franchasofficia:
Now you have answered his question holistically and I am sure this would help him in his decision making. Well done
he is dealing with scammers. If he sells his house he may not get the visa . No one can guarantee anyone Canada visa

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by franchasofficia: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2023
ednut1:
he is dealing with scammers. If he sells his house he may not get the visa . No one can guarantee anyone Canada visa
I once knew someone that guarantees Canada visa 100% and at least 3 persons I knew got the visa, but that was before covid-19, around 2018 or thereabout.

Every country have loopholes.

Even US used to have loopholes in their visa issuance, I don't want to say further cos its an open forum, anybody can stumble on whatever info we release here.

You have done justice to the part of the question he needed answer based on your real life Canadian experience and that to me is amazing

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by lastkingsman: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2023
ednut1:
unless he has one scarce skill employers are unable to find in Canada. The government requires that employers consider those in Canada first ( citizens, permanent residents, students etc) before considering outsiders. Possible but very unlikely. Less than a 2% chance. There are many Nigerians in Canada right now that are stranded on visiting visa and have been unable to get jobs. Some agents here are charging 20k dols to arrange jobs ( which is illegal) .Some are going back home while others are looking for asylum or marriage

Is marriage arrangement relatively easy?

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by WeirdAlien: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2023
No. Not on tourist visa.

If you want to Japa make sure your Visa gives you work authorization, except you're going for studies.
E get why.

66 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Sweetvie: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
No
He better run from the scammer

19 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Shokoloko(f): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
On a tourist visa? Hard no.
On second thought, he can risk it if he is a software developer or programmer.

18 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Chummynoni(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Shokoloko:

someone told me about this visit visa just today. Will it be easy for me to get a stay there if I learn truck driving here for like 3months?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Flora2Sweet: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tourist no dey work na🤣🤣 you came to tour and go back to ur country... think well ooo

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Flora2Sweet: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
You can't find work with that visa

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by micellgevity: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chummynoni:
someone told me about this visit visa just today. Will it be easy for me to get a stay there if I learn truck driving here for like 3months?
I heard they give work permit to a tourist on a 5 yr visa. I also heard that if your passport is 10 yrs, you can be lucky to get an 8 yr tourist visa. E get how Dem dey do am. But, you must walk into immigration office to seek for work permit on arrival.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by micellgevity: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chummynoni:
I heard they give work permit to a tourist on a 5 yr visa. I also heard that if your passport is 10 yrs, you can be lucky to get an 8 yr tourist visa. E get how Dem dey do am. But, you must walk into immigration office to seek for work permit on arrival. Is this true?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Chummynoni(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:
I heard they give work permit to a tourist on a 5 yr visa. I also heard that if your passport is 10 yrs, you can be lucky to get an 8 yr tourist visa. E get how Dem dey do am. But, you must walk into immigration office to seek for work permit on arrival. Is this true?
I don’t really know anything . Someone just told me today . I will start the truck learning on Monday by God’s grace
Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by BigDawsNet: 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chummynoni:
I don’t really know anything . Someone just told me today . I will start the truck learning on Monday by God’s grace

Goodluck with the training test
Get certified when you done
Carry more money when you traveling to Canada... you will hav to apply for dia own truck driving licence($$$)
Finally pray May God help you get work permit on visit visa....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by alakara(m): 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chummynoni:

It's a sure route if village people no follow you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Chummynoni(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Goodluck with the training test
Get certified when you done
Carry more money when you traveling to Canada... you will hav to apply for dia own truck driving licence($$$)
Finally pray May God help you get work permit on visit visa....
thank you boss 🙏🏾
Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Anonime1105(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
micellgevity:

5 years tourist visa?
And for 1.8 million naira?
cheesy grin grin

Your friend is about to be scammed by one of those so called visa agents

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by dealhunter(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Pls how can I convert visit Visa to working Visa if I decided to be doing my own business, decided not to apply for any job! Guru in d house,ur advise is needed pls...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by shogotermies(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Your friend's thought is ridiculous.
I pray he doesn't lose in two ways

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by bankyret(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please, I got my visit visa to Canada a week ago. This visa had been applied for since the Feb 28th, 2020 on conference but the visa did not come out until June 2023.

Now, I am planning to visit my friend in Canada on vacation but when I was filling out my form in the year 2020, I told them that I don't have anyone in Canada which was true, my friend went to Canada in November 2020

This is my question. Hope this will not hinder my entry into Canada. Because I think since 2020 my status might have changed.

Please I need your professional advice. To be honest and before God and man, I am not going to stay in Canada, I will never ...

Please, sir. Let me hear from you, sir

I mean the visit visa was based on conference

Shokoloko:

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Nigerfine3: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
If he can get Canada visa, then he could get usa visa too( or maybe after), he will get job under the table in most usa cities. Austin tx,top most.
But, I do not encourage his move.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by Nigerfine3: 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
bankyret:

Please, I got my visit visa to Canada a week ago. This visa had been applied for since the Feb 28th, 2020 on conference but the visa did not come out until June 2023.

Now, I am planning to visit my friend in Canada on vacation but when I was filling out my form in the year 2020, I told them that I don't have anyone in Canada which was true, my friend went to Canada in November 2020

This is my question. Hope this will not hinder my entry into Canada. Because I think since 2020 my status might have changed.

Please I need your professional advice. To be honest and before God and man, I am not going to stay in Canada, I will never ...

Please, sir. Let me hear from you, sir

I mean the visit visa was based on conference

It won't matter. Just a visit as a tourist, the conference period is over

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Relocate 2 Canada At The Age Of 43 On A 5yr Tourist Visa? by ghettochild(m): 12:06am On Aug 06, 2023
Whats a 5year tourist visa.?
Your uncle na canada PM?
Dey play ooo

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Returned From Abroad: Any Regret? / Woman From Abeokuta Hit By A Car In Agege (Photo) / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.