Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination (46656 Views)

I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / Ademola Adeleke Reacts To His Victory At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by adenigga(m): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2023
The three Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators say Ademola Adeleke, governor of Osun, is in support of Gboyega Oyetola’s nomination as minister.

Lere Oyewumi, who represents Osun west, said they have confidence in the capacity of Oyetola, immediate past governor of the state, to deliver.

Oyewumi spoke on behalf of his colleagues from Osun while Oyetola was being screened by the upper legislative chamber as one of President Bola Tinubu’s ministerial nominees, on Friday.

Oyewumi said he and two other senators representing the state held a meeting with Adeleke on Thursday.

He added that they all agreed to back Oyetola’s nomination as a representative from the state.

The man standing before us here has many accolades,” Oyewumi said in reference to Oyetola.

The three of us representing Osun state in this hallowed chamber met with the executive governor of Osun, Ademola Adeleke, yesterday.

“And speaking on Adeleke’s behalf, we give our total support for the nominee standing before you — Mr Gboyega Oyetola as the next minister from Osun. We believe in him.

So speaking on his behalf and on behalf of two other senators from Osun state, we have no objection to his nomination and we believe that he is going to perform.”

IT’S GOOD FOR DEMOCRACY

Godswill Akpabio, president of the senate, said the position of the senators bodes well for the nation’s democracy.

“I think this is very good for Nigeria’s democracy. When you hear members of the opposing party speaking on behalf of a nominee from the majority party,” he said.

“That is why the senate is very different. We speak across party lines. We are not interested in the party when we come here.

“I am very delighted to hear what you have just said. Your people have sanctioned that you represent them. Your governor who is from a different party has sent emissaries here.”

Adeleke of the PDP defeated Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2022 governorship election in Osun, thereby ending Oyetola’s re-election bid.
Oyetola challenged Adeleke’s victory up to the supreme court.

https://www.thecable.ng/osun-pdp-senators-adeleke-is-in-support-of-oyetolas-ministerial-nomination/amp

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by TemplarLandry: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2023
cool

38 Likes

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Alchemy528: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2023
Correct

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by JAMO84: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2023
He get choice before? With or without their support, Oyetola will scale the screening.

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by JetApartment: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2023
Ok

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by astonished: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2023
This is how Yoruba people are naturally, until IPOB people infiltrate our land and started politics of hatred, religious, nzogbwu nzogbwu.

They introduced Yoruba Muslim and Yoruba Christian, introduced Yoruba Lagos and Yoruba Osun.

236 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by kokoA(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2023
Yoruba men no get problem as far as it doesn't affect their enjoyment.. grin

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Umueme: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2023
Ok

That's good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by saphiere(f): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2023
As Davido publicly tender an apology yet?
Goodlady:
Speaking like a democrat.

You mean to those muslim fanatics, they can drink sniper. Make them fo apologise to Ilorin traditional worshippers
Who cares about a Muslim nonsense.
I meant to tender an apology publicly to his legal married wife Mrs Chioma Adeleke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by EnglishUsa: 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by ZUKKYY(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
cool
Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Curse777: 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
grin

Tinubu knows how to settle Political dispute

Rauf Aregbesola goofed but they welcome him in Aso Rock

Adeleke family were progressive but moved to PDP, Tinubu is welcoming them back

Adeleke family are also supporting Oyetola the President mother's family and cousin

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by SoftP(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2023
Q
Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by muykem: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Politics without bitterness. Yoruba is known for their political maturity. There is no evil party as far as Yoruba is concerned.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Starboytwo(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2023
kokoA:
Yoruba men no get problem as far as it doesn't affect their enjoyment.. grin
azin

As long as your emergence won’t stop my money, by all mean emerge. I go even send boys deliver you small gift.

19 Likes

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by IboHausaYoruba: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Well deserved. Oyetola is a round peg in a round hole. Osun will soon realise what they have lost in a technocrat like Oyetola.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Good ... You see , We Rise by Lifting Others ...

Politics don't have to be Pull him down syndrome all the time just because you are in an opposition party .

13 Likes

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Longinyamapucci(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2023
Compensation to a failure due to family Link..

It's well Nigeria.

This president was my second choice, I love the subsidy removal and hate the pains it brought..but someone should advise him to stay off Niger, leave the supporters of APC to solve their problems in Sahel...No sensible christian from south should think about joining it in the name of one people...We have ipob and OPC issues to solve down south.

Bihari want to recover his stolen billions but the juntas are here to checkmate.. e dey sweet me, no more rail to Niamey grin

I don talk ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by kevwemike: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2023
I love Adeleke, this is politics without bitterness

7 Likes

Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by adioolayi(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2023
Wetin dem for do before
Re: Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination by Goodlady(f): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2023
Speaking like a democrat.
saphiere:
As Davido publicly tender an apology yet?
You mean to those muslim fanatics, they can drink sniper. Make them first apologise to Ilorin traditional worshippers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany / "We Are Coming For You": Army Chief, Attahiru Tells Dokubo, Igboho / Photos Of The Stolen Mace Being Returned To The National Assembly By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.