Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? (1069 Views)

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos / Peter Obi: I Will Fix Nigeria In Less Than Four Years / Dr. Maduka: "I Will Fix Anambra In Every Aspect Because I Have Done It Beforeโ€ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please who will fix Third Mainland bridge?

The longest bridge in West Africa is in deplorable and sore states, nothing else to describe it that, this is purely death trap. Urgent attention needed to repair this bridge connecting Island to Mainland.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Curious345: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
I weep anytime I drive pass there
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Curious345: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Lagos has no roads . On god

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by tollyboy5(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
iwaeda:
Please who will fix Third Mainland bridge?

The longest bridge in West Africa is in deplorable and sore states, nothing else to describe it that, this is purely death traps. Urgent attention needed to repair this bridge connecting Island to Mainland.
Lagos maintenance culture is almost at zero percent.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SpatialKing(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
Fashola was minister of works for 8yrs
He couldn't renovate the bridge completely
He was just doing patch patch work on the bridge

He couldn't construct Lagos to Ogun roads and other major federal roads in South West

6 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Mutairu Kadoso, you are sighted.

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

He couldn't construct Lagos to Ogun roads and other major federal roads in South West

APC is anti development. Only propaganda. Seunmsg was here, but couldnt comment. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Oshodi-apapa expressway nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SpatialKing(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Oshodi-apapa expressway nko?

Dangote constructed it

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Dangote constructed it
Yes, dangote is also constructing the lagos Ibadan expressway because dangote is the minister of work.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SpatialKing(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Yes, dangote is also constructing the lagos Ibadan expressway because dangote is the minister of work.

Is Lagos Ibadan road completed? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Is that the only major federal road in the entire SW
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SmartPolician: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
The pressure on the third mainland bridge (3MB) is too much. I can imagine what that bridge goes through in mornings and evenings. Lagos needs to start working on that 4th mainland bridge (4MB). Since the days of Fashola as governor, they have been talking about the 4th Mainland Bridge, yet it hasn't been delivered 8 years later.

That's why I like the military regime. If they decide to do something, no vagabond can stop them. In fact, the best infrastructural projects we have in Nigeria were built under the military. For instance, Shehu Shagari initiated the 3MB and Babangida commissioned it. All this happened within 10 years. The only problem is that we had idiots like Sani Abacha whose only mission was to milk the country dry.

3 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Is Lagos Ibadan road completed? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Is that the only major federal road in the entire SW
ikorodu-sagamu expressway and ahmadu bello road in VI nko?

You claimed Fashola couldn't construct any major federal roads in the south west, I have mention 4.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by christejames(m): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
Cosmopolitan-Village you mean?

1 Like

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
The pressure on the third mainland bridge (3MB) is too much. I can imagine what that bridge goes through in mornings and evenings. Lagos needs to start working on that 4th mainland bridge (4MB). Since the days of Fashola as governor, they have been talking about the 4th Mainland Bridge, yet it hasn't been delivered 8 years later.

That's why I like the military regime. If they decide to do something, no vagabond can stop them. In fact, the best infrastructural projects we have in Nigeria were built under the military. For instance, Shehu Shagari initiated the 3MB and Babangida commissioned it. All this happened within 10 years. The only problem is that we had idiots like Sani Abacha whose only mission was to milk the country dry.
Shehu shagari didn't initiate the 3mb, the project started under gowon. The federal government built the 3mb not the lagos state government. is the state government that wants to build the 4mb. I can't believe the bridge construction have not even start yet sef
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SmartPolician: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Shehu shagari didn't initiate the 3mb, the project started under gowon. The federal government built the 3mb not the lagos state government. is the state government that wants to build the 4mb. I can't believe the bridge construction have not even start yet sef

Yes, you are right. Shehu Shagari commissioned the first phase and Babangida completed it. That said, Lagos State should get Julius Berger to build the 4MB and toll it like the Second Niger Bridge. Sometimes, I wonder what Sanwo-Olu is doing with Lagos State money because most of the major projects in Lagos are PPP.

Away from that, I have often maintained here that the only way to reduce the pressure in Lagos is to make concrete efforts to decentralise this country. In a country of over 200 million, every company cannot have its headquarters in one state and you don't expect a chaos. Thank God the idea of Abuja came up. If not, only God knows what would have become of Lagos by now.

4 Likes

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SpatialKing(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
ikorodu-sagamu expressway and ahmadu bello road in VI nko?

You claimed Fashola couldn't construct any major federal roads in the south west, I have mention 4.

What are the state of those roads

How about Kabba Ado Ekiti road
Oyo to Ilorin
Lagos to Abeokuta road
Ado Ekiti to Ilesha
I go on and on
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Oyo to Ilorin
Lagos to Abeokuta road
Ado Ekiti to Ilesha
I go on and on
You claimed he didn't construct any road in the south west. Reason before you make a post

1 Like

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
SmartPolician:

Yes, you are right. Shehu Shagari commissioned the first phase and Babangida completed it. That said, Lagos State should get Julius Berger to build the 4MB and toll it like the Second Niger Bridge. Sometimes, I wonder what Sanwo-Olu is doing with Lagos State money because most of the major projects in Lagos are PPP.

Away from that, I have often maintained here that the only way to reduce the pressure in Lagos is to make concrete efforts to decentralise this country. In a country of over 200 million, every company cannot have its headquarters in one state and you don't expect a chaos. Thank God the idea of Abuja came up. If not, only God knows what would have become of Lagos by now.
It's not the government that's forcing companies to have their HQ in Lagos.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
SmartPolician:

Drive round Ikorodu road and see crevices everywhere. There is a big ditch around Anthony bus stop. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by SpatialKing(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You claimed he didn't construct any road in the south west. Reason before you make a post

Yes he didn't

Critical roads in the region
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nlfpmod. Third Mainland Bridge is becoming Jebba to Mokwa road. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu should help us. grin grin grin
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Yes he didn't

Critical roads in the region
Yes, Lagos Ibadan expressway which is the busiest road in not just Nigeria but west africa and Oshodi Apapa expressway that leads to the location of the busiest ports in Nigeria are not critical roads to someone like you who have never visited the south west.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by delpee(f): 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Dangote constructed it

It's tax credit for his company as I learnt.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by delpee(f): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Oyo to Ilorin
Lagos to Abeokuta road
Ado Ekiti to Ilesha
I go on and on

Ibadan to Ife
Ikorodu to Sagamu

1 Like

Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 12:36am On Aug 06, 2023
delpee:

Ibadan to Ife
Ikorodu to Sagamu
Benin to Warri, Ogbomosho to Ilorin. grin grin grin
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2023
Seun, who will fix Third Mainland bridge? Over the weekend, I drove to Maryland, I couldn't believe it worse than the last time. grin grin grin angry
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Fashola was overhyped
angry angry angry
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by yemmight(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2023
tollyboy5:

Lagos maintenance culture is almost at zero percent.

That road belongs to the FG.
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by iwaeda: 9:27am On Aug 08, 2023
yemmight:

That road belongs to the FG.
Ikorodu road, Lekki-Epe belongs to FG, but LASG has redesigned it to suit themselves. grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Who Will Fix Third Mainland Bridge? by yemmight(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2023
iwaeda:

Ikorodu road, Lekki-Epe belongs to FG, but LASG has redesigned it to suit themselves. grin grin grin grin

What are we saying, what are you saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Developing - Protest In Kano Was Against Chief Of Defense Staff Not Tinunbu / Despite Tinubu As President & Oshiomole, APC Fails To Win An LGA In Edo Election / Kano Boils As Thousands Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.