Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country (3288 Views)

We Were Never One Country - Bukola Saraki / Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country / Nigeria Ranked As The Number One Country To Do Business In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Twistaray(m): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abufo:

and some people should stop taking other people's gas deposits! Yorubas cannot eat their cake and have it! If you want ijaw oil,feel free to siphon as much as you can.........but see hydrocarbon deposits in imo/abia/obigbo,afam,etc.........yorubas and their proxy companies must pack up and go!

But I never mentioned that Igbos shouldn't go with their invisible gas nah, did I?

If you have all the gas like you mentioned how come none of your leaders has ever made anyone attempt with regional gov to start with? That's the question.

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AntiMarxist: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abufo:

and some people should stop taking other people's gas deposits! Yorubas cannot eat their cake and have it! If you want ijaw oil,feel free to siphon as much as you can.........but see hydrocarbon deposits in imo/abia/obigbo,afam,etc.........yorubas and their proxy companies must pack up and go!

Sharap.

Which gas deposit ?

Has any of the gas in your region being exploited ?

Just know that you will pay alimony for all the years the SS subsidized you parasites in one Nijeriya with that gas deposit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by SmartPolician: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
More than any other region in the country, the South West has been strategic, getting the most out of the union; Lagos is a big asset to the region. Instead of some disgruntled and uninformed Igbos trying to build bridges to get their share of the largesse, they are all over the internet attacking people and pushing to break out of the union.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria will never fail. This idea has been on since 1967, but the country keeps pushing. Like I have repeatedly told those who care to listen, Nigeria can never fail until crude oil becomes worthless because crude oil and corruption are the two major ingredients that keep the country going.

However, to end the union, two regions or two major ethnic groups must unite and work against the bonds that bind it. Unfortunately, nobody will agree to form that alliance because we are all beneficiaries of the failed project, including the South East.

If one ethnic group tries to pull out of the union, Nigeria's ruthless military will convert their region to a playground. This is something every sane mind must avoid. Believe it or not, no separatist group can withstand the military might of the Nigerian army; don't let anyone fool you.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AntiMarxist: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Twistaray:

But I never mentioned that Igbos shouldn't go with their invisible gas nah, did I?

If you have all the gas like you mentioned how come none of your leaders has ever made anyone attempt with regional gov to start with? That's the question.

The idiots think they will just exit Nigeria like that.

All the monies squandered in the name of federal projects they must pay for it.

At the end that gas reserve will be used to settle their parasitic leaching on Nigeria and SS oil .

We will even get 50% cut from all gas exports as they must pipe it through Nigeria for exports.

This is why gidgiddy and other Okoro clowns claim they have unhindered access to the coast.

Dem never see anything. All gas and oil exports from Biafra will attract a 50% surcharge .

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Abufo: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Sharap.

Which gas deposit ?

Has any of the gas in your region being exploited ?

Just know that you will pay alimony for all the years the SS subsidized you parasites in one Nijeriya with that gas deposit.

That is why you leeches want to shut up Kanu and Ekpa.....you must think we are stupid and follish like ya! Stealing our gas is your favorite past time na! You people and Britain have always belly ached over gas deposits in Igboland ........that is why you conspired to balkanize igboland........Egbema sliced into 2, one part in Rivers the other in Imo, Excised Obigbo from imo state to River state cos the area has the largest oil and gas fields...........God pass una!let every man go his way !
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AmotekunSW: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
shortgun:

If you are really a South South person you will know that the coup that resulted to the Biafran war was spearheaded by your kinsman called Chukwuma nzogwu Kaduna. The blood of Igbos were shed in millions for the perceived atrocities committed by a man from your south south region

There's alot you kids don't know.
Do you see igbos blaming the south south for the war?

Mention a single Igbo man that was killed when Nzeogwu killed leaders from the West and North. Just 1.
Azikiwe was warned by the Igbo coup plotters, Nwafor Orizu was allowed to escape.

You callous people killed Ahmadu Bello and butchered his wife who embraced him. Killed them together. But you refused to kill your own Igbo brothers in government.

What did Ironsi do to the coup plotters who were Igbos like him? He moved them from Lagos to Owerri for protection and refused to prosecute them.

The history your parents didn't tell you, we will hammer it into your empty flat heads by force.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Abufo: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Twistaray:

You under estimate the wickedness and sophistry your tribe is capable of! There is a reason why Tinubu stole the election! it is called presidential veto power! What the yoruba/fulani conspiracy has inflicted on the ndigbo is unbelievable!
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Fejoku: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The only people to admit the Okoro back into their midst were the Yoruba.

If the Yoruba had remain hostile to the Ibo like the way the SS people were for decades after the war , would they've picked up from their self induced wounds?

The Ibo is an ingrate.
The Yeriba is evil personified and will get what they deserve soon.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Mindlog: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nvestor02:
There is nothing like fight here. Igbo are tyr one jealous of Yoruba achievements.

They need Yoruba to survive but Yoruba don't need them.

I'm from Akwa ibom, I studied the both people. The different is clear.

Yoruba can have a country of their own with the 6 states and survive.

But if Igbo go with 5 state, they would be worse than Burundi.

Israel a country is 22,145 km², the combined sized of the 5 South Eastern states is 29,525 km² ................In what area of human capital development is Nigeria better off than Israel?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by slivertongue: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
They are lovely people
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by CorrectionFLuid: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
shortgun:

If you are really a South South person you will know that the coup that resulted to the Biafran war was spearheaded by your kinsman called Chukwuma nzogwu Kaduna. The blood of Igbos were shed in millions for the perceived atrocities committed by a man from your south south region

There's alot you kids don't know.
Do you see igbos blaming the south south for the war?

Lol.. in the other thread I opened he was a Yoruba. Now he's from the SS. Just leave that fool alone

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by CorrectionFLuid: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
See this Iragbaji osun cretin, claiming Akwaibom angry

He's same as the Marxist moniker. In the other thread I opened he's a full blooded yoruba. Now he's suddenly from the SS . LMAO ..

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Mindlog:

Israel a country is 22,145 km², the combined sized of the 5 South Eastern states is 29,525 km² ................In what area of human capital development is Nigeria better off than Israel?

Forget these people who think that size of land will win them award

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AntiMarxist: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Fejoku:

The Yeriba is evil personified and will get what they deserve soon.

Rejection is one helluva bitch ain't it.

Yoruba was your last string and you used your cannibal teeth to cut it.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AntiMarxist: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abufo:

That is why you leeches want to shut up Kanu and Ekpa.....you must think we are stupid and follish like ya! Stealing our gas is your favorite past time na! You people and Britain have always belly ached over gas deposits in Igboland ........that is why you conspired to balkanize igboland........Egbema sliced into 2, one part in Rivers the other in Imo, Excised Obigbo from imo state to River state cos the area has the largest oil and gas fields...........God pass una!let every man go his way !

Make I play violin music for you.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by shortgun(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Mention a single Igbo man that was killed when Nzeogwu killed leaders from the West and North. Just 1
Azikiwe was warned by the Igbo coup plotters, Nwafor Orizu was allowed to escape.

You callous people killed Ahmadu Bello and butchered his wife who embraced him. Killed them together. But you refused to kill your own Igbo brothers in government.

What did Ironsi do to the coup plotters who were Igbos like him? He moved them from Lagos to Owerri for protection and refused to prosecute them.

The history your parents didn't tell you, we will hammer it into your empty flat heads by force.

an Igbo military officer was killed by the coup plotters he was Quarter-Master General, Lt-Col Arthur Chinyelu Unegbe because he refused to hand over the keys of the armoury to the coup plotters, he was shot by Chris Anuforo

Major Wale Ademoyega a south westerner was also part of the coup but today history is twisted and everyone is made to believe that it was only Igbo officers from the south east who carried out the coup when the leader was from the present day south South.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Fejoku: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Rejection is one helluva bitch ain't it.

Yoruba was your last string and you used your cannibal teeth to cut it.
Most Igbos aren't fazed in the face of rejection. We were created to stand tall even when isolated and alone. What we hate is injustice. You on the other hand thrive in injustice as long as you think it will favour you and yours. Well the time has come for both to be put to the test. We shall see how it ends.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Twistaray(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abufo:

You under estimate the wickedness and sophistry your tribe is capable of! There is a reason why Tinubu stole the election! it is called presidential veto power! What the yoruba/fulani conspiracy has inflicted on the ndigbo is unbelievable!

Wonderful.

I never knew my tribe can be this powerful so much that they could hold Igbos to ransom and not allow them to go grin

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by shortgun(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
CorrectionFLuid:

Lol.. in the other thread I opened he was a Yoruba. Now he's from the SS. Just leave that fool alone
I thought as much.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by LOVEALAIGBO: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
OP, you’re correct!

Besides the colonial gov’t, our past regional leaders that led their regions to independence should shoulder part of the blame…esp’ Zik and Awo! I give the Sadauna less blame because he was the least enthusiastic of the three for a ‘one Nigeria’ experiment and he said as much! He didn’t try to pretend he liked the Igbo, and if not for anything else, at least he deserves some kudos for his honesty….as distasteful as it may have been!

After the mass murder of non-northerners in the north in the 50s, Zik should have read the handwriting on the wall and seen the problem he was leading his people into! I’m only cutting him some slack because, of the three, he had the pan-Nigerian upbringing and this would have influenced his feelings on Nigeria!
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by mdimefields: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nvestor02:
There is nothing like fight here. Igbo are tyr one jealous of Yoruba achievements.

Why should Igbo go with their 5 states when in reality Igbos are more than the 5 states?
If not wickedness why cut off Igbos in Delta and Rivers. Join them to South East and see if Igbos will not thrive as a nation states?
Igbos are more than the 5 Eastern states.
And what make you think Igbos are jealous of the Yorubas? How many times have Igbos witnessed their shops burnt down and businesses attacked in Yorubaland, can you point out one Yoruba interest that is attacked in Igboland?
Nigeria thrives on anti Igbo sentiment. It is even more now that the ruling party is covertly motivating such sentiment.
I dare Nigeria to allow Igbos, including their kins in the South South to be an independent nation and see who does better.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Emetex22(m): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nvestor02:

Go back to your maid guard duty, Obong

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
AntiMarxist:

During his usual church storming campaign tours , Obi stated he saw nothing wrong with the flawed 1999 constitution which owes its origins to the Zikist drawn Military decrees issued by Ironsi.

You should ask why not one single Okoro has been at the forefront demanding for a constitutional reform.

You have legislators representing you at both chambers of the national assembly and at one time , the Senate was under the control of the SE for 8 straight years. Why has none of your Legislators pushed for constitutional reform?

Idodo oro!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Emetex22(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The idiots think they will just exit Nigeria like that.

All the monies squandered in the name of federal projects they must pay for it.

At the end that gas reserve will be used to settle their parasitic leaching on Nigeria and SS oil .

We will even get 50% cut from all gas exports as they must pipe it through Nigeria for exports.

This is why gidgiddy and other Okoro clowns claim they have unhindered access to the coast.

Dem never see anything. All gas and oil exports from Biafra will attract a 50% surcharge .

I though SE was barren 😆 🤣 😂 😹, Mugu

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
SmartPolician:
More than any other region in the country, the South West has been strategic, getting the most out of the union; Lagos is a big asset to the region. Instead of some disgruntled and uninformed Igbos trying to build bridges to get their share of the largesse, they are all over the internet attacking people and pushing to break out of the union.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria will never fail. This idea has been on since 1967, but the country keeps pushing. Like I have repeatedly told those who care to listen, Nigeria can never fail until crude oil becomes worthless because crude oil and corruption are the two major ingredients that keep the country going.

However, to end the union, two regions or two major ethnic groups must unite and work against the bonds that bind it. Unfortunately, nobody will agree to form that alliance because we are all beneficiaries of the failed project, including the South East.

If one ethnic group tries to pull out of the union, Nigeria's ruthless military will convert their region to a playground. This is something every sane mind must avoid. Believe it or not, no separatist group can withstand the military might of the Nigerian army; don't let anyone fool you.

Nigeria is poverty capital of the world and 8th most terrorised country on earth. What bigger failure is that? Those that have no oil such as South Korea, Singapore and China that were on the same level as Nigeria in 1960 have powered foward and left Nigeria behind

Nigeria has headed backwards despite all its oil

Nigeria is only headed for disintegration, the union of Nigeria is as pointless as anything

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Dafresh: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nvestor02:

Don't blame the SS, We initially revenge what they do to us during civil war. They came to our land, force biafra identity on us.

Kill many of our hero, turn our land to war torn.

If na you, will you accept that kind people again?
What is SOUTH SOUTH Igbos are still the major ethnic group in your SS. Be proud of your Yoruba origin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Nvestor02: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
mdimefields:

Why should Igbo go with their 5 states when in reality Igbos are more than the 5 states?
If not wickedness why cut off Igbos in Delta and Rivers. Join them to South East and see if Igbos will not thrive as a nation states?
Igbos are more than the 5 Eastern states.
And what make you think Igbos are jealous of the Yorubas? How many times have Igbos witnessed their shops burnt down and businesses attacked in Yorubaland, can you point out one Yoruba interest that is attacked in Igboland?
Nigeria thrives on anti Igbo sentiment. It is even more now that the ruling party is covertly motivating such sentiment.
I dare Nigeria to allow Igbos, including their kins in the South South to be an independent nation and see who does better.

You cannot take SS with you. Go with your 5 miserable states.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by 7lives: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Justiceleague1:

JOHNBULL,they did so in the 1960s and your forefathers took war to them.. endeavour to always read

Seriously? what were Biafran soldiers doing at Ore?, abi Ore is part of Biafra?.
You guy are expansionists, Ojukwu only needs to remove the Niger bridge and detached the East from the rest of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Nvestor02: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Dafresh:

What is SOUTH SOUTH Igbos are still the major ethnic group in your SS. Be proud of your Yoruba origin

Major ethnic group in SS? LOL you have a intellectual problem

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by 7lives: 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
guysbewise:
Dey play.

The Igbos had the chance to go in 1967 but wanted the South South to go with them because of the oil even though the Igbos and the South South are not one. And for their own self fish reasons stopped the South South from leaving to stand on their own even before Ojuku declared the republic of biafra in may 1967.

History lesson:

The South South:
"before Ojuku declared the
republic of biafra in may 1967
Isaac Adaka Boro an Ijaw man had declared the
Niger delta republic in february 1966.
Boro had formed the niger delta
volunteer force an armed militia with
members consisting mainly of his fellow
ethnic group declared the niger delta
republic on february 23 1966 and fought
nigeria's federal forces for 12 days but
they were eventually defeated and then
jailed by the Ironsi federal
military government [and Ojuku eastern governor] for treason"

But it was Gowon from Kanke Local Government Area in Plateau State that later set Boro free and Boro later became a major in the Nigeria army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVRx3RhN3XE

Biafrans want the whole of Southern Nigeria.
Imagine those who resisted the inclusion of secession clause in the constitution, are now the ones trying to annex their neighbors homelands.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Twistaray:

Wonderful.

I never knew my tribe can be this powerful so much that they could hope Igbos to ransom and not allow them to go grin

Any two of the three major ‘tribes’ can gang-up on the third and use federal might to try and prevent them from leaving! I said ‘try’ because the dynamics at play today (nationally and internationally) are different from what obtained in the 60s!
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by MTNnews: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
And did your ipob father see me stopping you or instead I have been encouraging you to go back

kettykings:

Isn't this what ipob has been fighting even at the threat of death and imprisonment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Did Corruption Start In Nigeria? / Alarming Rate Of Hiv Infections In Ekiti And Benue State Nigeria. / Before You Cast Your Vote For/Against Gen.Babangida. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.