Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country (3232 Views)

We Were Never One Country - Bukola Saraki / Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country / Nigeria Ranked As The Number One Country To Do Business In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by aklid(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
And still you guys should drop the north bullshit…
What’s it that the north benefitted from your envy of yorubas?🤷🏾‍♂️ or you just hated it that it’s the north that see eye to eye most with Yorubas or what? 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by WORLDPEACE(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
shortgun:

You just made me waste my data to watch nonsenseangry
There's no where in that video where Ojukwu or anyone said Nzogwu was not the leader of the coup plotters in 1966.
Ojukwu said "ifeajuna led the operation in the south while Nzogwu led the operation in the North"
How does the above statement mean that ifeajuna was the leader of the coup plotters?
The other people who spoke in the video including the guy who made it are just everyday people who were just airing their opinions and it can't be accurate!

Do you know there's a video where Mike ozekhome named about 21 other military officers who were not Igbos that actively participated in that coup?

"The coup of January 15th 1966 was actually led by major Ifeajuna and he commanded the activities in the south and Nzeogwu another major coordinated the northern side of..."

Those were his exact words. You are finding the truth difficult to accept. Ifeajuna led the coup and also commanded the activities in the south. All your long story is unnecessary. Read those words and tell me what it means.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by raskymonojendor: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
gidgiddy:
Igbos and Yorubas are amongst the largest ethnic groups in Africa, but both have never seen eye to eye politically. Despite both ethnic groups having achieved a lot, both of them dont think much of each other. While both ethnic groups have largely tolerated each other, both are eternal political enemies. The beneficiary of all this has been the North

This political fight between Yorubas between Igbos and Yorubas is happening because they are in one country. Before the British came to lump both tribes in one country, they hardly knew each other.

Had Yorubas and Igbos been in separate countries, they would not be political enemies today as there would be nothing to fight about

The British colonial project called Nigeria has proved to be a colossal disaster and anyone who thinks it will last forever is dreaming. Someday, everyone will finally agree that Nigeria cannot work, and opt for peaceful dissolution

When Yorubas and Igbos finally get their seperate countries, they will be great friends since there will be no Nigeria to fight over any more
I always agree with your post, but ibos can start with migration back to their ancestral land i.e. Unofficial separation. grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by AfonjaConehead: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
triple996 Mallam aboki:
Fight your fight alone, stop looking 4 any opportunity to blame north.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:

I always agree with your post, but ibos can start with migration back to their ancestral land i.e. Unofficial separation. grin

And Nigeria can start by granting Ugnos theur separate country so the migration can start
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by ImperialYoruba: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Has anyone ever recieved award for being a large group? Switzerland has less than 10 million people but has bigger GDP than Nigeria, thats what you recieve award for

Yes it has value, otherwise you would not have referenced it to falsely upscale Ibo as a large group in Africa.

As I notice, whenever ibo wants to scale up you people attach to Yoruba. This is how you have fraudulently attained relevance for your tribe.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by shortgun(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
WORLDPEACE:

"The coup of January 15th 1966 was actually led by major Ifeajuna and he commanded the activities in the south and Nzeogwu another major coordinated the northern side of..."

Those were his exact words. You are finding the truth difficult to accept. Ifeajuna led the coup and also commanded the activities in the south. All your long story is unnecessary. Read those words and tell me what it means.
There are official documents on the 1966 coup and all of them agree that Chukwuma Kaduna nzogwu masterminded the coup.

Maybe you'll also say the 1997 coup against General Sani abacha by Oladipo Diya, Major General Tunji Olanrewaju, Major General Abdulkarim Adisa, and other Yoruba officers was also led by Igbo officers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Buccalcavity2: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
vannessa7:

What a gigantic lie at the bolded, do you know that Yoruba towns originated from sons of the same father, we know our history and origins, how can you say we never saw ourselves as one, and we have the same tradition and culture which we celebrate together, there is no king that is not related to another king either as superior or subordinates. Yoruba has been in existence long before British colonisation with all our kingdoms and civilisation of that era in place.

As for this thread, it is a fallacy to say Yorubas have anything against igbos, we are indifferent to them in every way and they are the ones reacting to whatever pain is eating them alive, they hate Yoruba with a passion and always call us out, and because we will not allow them to poo on our head they now turn back to accuse us, they view us with the same way they are without good self esteem and security, which makes them feel pained to their marrow after provoking a reply to their insults, they curse and spit and malign online exposing their weak psyche, anyway Yorubas are too secured to for that but we will not fold our hands while they beat us up.
The bolded is an historical fact! You misjudge origin for unity. I referred to unity. Origin is not disputed.
An egba won't agree with Oyo, Ife will have nothing to do with ugbo, ikale vs Ondo....Traces of these rivalry can be spotted in present-day politics and will be seen if Yoruba Nation is declared today!
As for the Igbos vs Yoruba issue. I do not have the luxury of fighting tribal war. A good student of history knows that no culture is superior to another.
We should speak to issues (which I believed I addressed in my previous comments) rather than fight the identity war (us vs them). It's below us!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Yes it has value, otherwise you would not have referenced it to falsely upscale Ibo as a large group in Africa.

As I notice, whenever ibo wants to scale up you people attach to Yoruba. This is how you have fraudulently attained relevance for your tribe.

As you see, it was a big mistake the British made when the put Yorubas and Igbos in the same country l. Hopefully in the future the mistake will be corrected and everyone will go their way and stop giving each other headache
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by seeme2(f): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2023
No dey talk that kain thing abeg. Nigeria will be fucking boring without them igbos. Who will the Yoruba have to bully? 😆. Our naughty junior cousins. Awon omo were.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by orisa37: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW AND SHAME THE DEVIL NOW AND FOREVER.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Uchek(m): 5:41am On Sep 01, 2023
U did state the reasons why Igbos will be worse than Burundi. U only made a claim. Please substantiate ur claim.

Nvestor02:
There is nothing like fight here. Igbo are tyr one jealous of Yoruba achievements.

They need Yoruba to survive but Yoruba don't need them.

I'm from Akwa ibom, I studied the both people. The different is clear.

Yoruba can have a country of their own with the 6 states and survive.

But if Igbo go with 5 state, they would be worse than Burundi.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by madmohamed(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2023
AntiMarxist:

You don see who pass you abi.

Remain Ijaws to drill sense into you again.
we are talking about human beings your are talking about ijaw who are ijaw the drunkards who don't know when they take power out of their hand
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Bigkoko: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2023
One funny thing about this people from the other side is that they never aspire to be leader of the federation, always contented with playing second fiddle, while the Igbos would always aspire to be leader and never ok to play second fiddle.

Bad is that this people from the other side would do everything to stop the Igbos from aspiring to be leader of the country, and in fact not really aspiring to be themselves.

Take the issue of Biafra for instance. Not they are against it because of love for Igbos, Nigeria but because, they are just keen on seeing the anguish, chaos, backwardness in totality of the Nigerian Federation.

Left alone, the North have no real issue on the Biafra thing until the allure of free oil money.

As an Igbo, just know that if you choose left, these guys from the other side would start exploring the option of going left. Even if that left has no real benefit but chaos and poverty. Check out Asiwaju support of Buhari in 2015, 2019. Now we all agreed that Buhari is useless to himself, family and Nigerians. If you disagree, i hope your life will be run like the way buhari run Nigeria!

gidgiddy:
Igbos and Yorubas are amongst the largest ethnic groups in Africa, but both have never seen eye to eye politically. Despite both ethnic groups having achieved a lot, both of them dont think much of each other. While both ethnic groups have largely tolerated each other, both are eternal political enemies. The beneficiary of all this has been the North

This political fight between Yorubas between Igbos and Yorubas is happening because they are in one country. Before the British came to lump both tribes in one country, they hardly knew each other.

Had Yorubas and Igbos been in separate countries, they would not be political enemies today as there would be nothing to fight about

The British colonial project called Nigeria has proved to be a colossal disaster and anyone who thinks it will last forever is dreaming. Someday, everyone will finally agree that Nigeria cannot work, and opt for peaceful dissolution

When Yorubas and Igbos finally get their seperate countries, they will be great friends since there will be no Nigeria to fight over any more
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by UCyril: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Nvestor02:
There is nothing like fight here. Igbo are tyr one jealous of Yoruba achievements.

why the 5 State? Igbos in Delta, Rivers, cross Rivers , benue and akwa ibom nko. What happens to them, or you want to force them to remain with you
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by UCyril: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2023
Twistaray:
Ok. At least, start with artificial separation; let each start by staying put or migrating back to their region. Simple. grin
igbos can only migrate to their country
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 9:01am On Sep 01, 2023
Bigkoko:
One funny thing about this people from the other side is that they never aspire to be leader of the federation, always contented with playing second fiddle, while the Igbos would always aspire to be leader and never ok to play second fiddle.

Bad is that this people from the other side would do everything to stop the Igbos from aspiring to be leader of the country, and in fact not really aspiring to be themselves.

Take the issue of Biafra for instance. Not they are against it because of love for Igbos, Nigeria but because, they are just keen on seeing the anguish, chaos, backwardness in totality of the Nigerian Federation.

Left alone, the North have no real issue on the Biafra thing until the allure of free oil money.

As an Igbo, just know that if you choose left, these guys from the other side would start exploring the option of going left. Even if that left has no real benefit but chaos and poverty. Check out Asiwaju support of Buhari in 2015, 2019. Now we all agreed that Buhari is useless to himself, family and Nigerians. If you disagree, i hope your life will be run like the way buhari run Nigeria!

It was a big mistake the British made in putting Yorubas and Igbos together in one country.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by KGBKremlin: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2023
gidgiddy:

Instead Igbo and nigeria cos Igbo are the bad image in this country
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by NOwazobia: 9:05am On Sep 01, 2023
Non of the major tribes should have been put together.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by Jagaban2012: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2023
gidgiddy:

This ugly trend started even before the Independence...and Nnmadi Azikwe is one of the major causes of these Political enemies between the southwest and the southeast. He has the Opportunity to bulkanized BiaFRaUDn Republic before the independence but all his aim was to wicked Chief Obafemi Awolowo and the entire Yoruba race... And this is what has led over the years to political turmoil between the two major ethnic groups....
An average Yiiibooo person prefers Aboki to be the president for life than for any good and well-educated Yoruba person to become the president...
I know there are all kind.of evil agenda going on to against the incumbent president....but their plans shall fail
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by gidgiddy: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2023
Jagaban2012:

This ugly trend started even before the Independence...and Nnmadi Azikwe is one of the major causes of these Political enemies between the southwest and the southeast. He has the Opportunity to bulkanized BiaFRaUDn Republic before the independence but all his aim was to wicked Chief Obafemi Awolowo and the entire Yoruba race... And this is what has led over the years to political turmoil between the two major ethnic groups....
An average Yiiibooo person prefers Aboki to be the president for life than for any good and well-educated Yoruba person to become the president...
I know there are all kind.of evil agenda going on to against the incumbent president....but their plans shall fail

All goes to show how much 'one Nigeria' is a complete waste of time
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2023
Nvestor02:

you are a bloody liar

And you know nothing about Igbo people

who told you Igbos are only found in 5 states... geographically shared by the Fulani

This Lagos sea and Airports you have in mind about the survival of the Igbo people was orchestrated to deny them freedom and punish them after the war..
Dredging of river Niger is an abandoned old song..
Onne port has always been sabotaged and most Igbo politicians who should speak out are selfish and agendaless... the likes of Ekweremadu, Iwuanyanyi, Authur Nzeribe, Kalu etc are after self gratification and selfish interests..

You have been fooled like a fool you are to believe that Igbo man cannot survive without Lagos State and Nigeria..

most African countries you hear about are like 3 states of Nigeria in size and population..
And they're thriving..

Nigeria's population and tribal difference is the bane of our development...

The same people who supported Buhari for eight years are now saying he performed poorly.. These same set can see no wrong in Tinubu today..

This country is sinking daily
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country by adem30: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2023
kettykings:
Absolutely correct, this was exactly the situation in Hindusta that broke up to India , Pakistan and Bangladesh, something occurred in Malaysia until they peaceful broke into Malaysia and Singapore. Same thing happened in Sudan, Ethiopia .
The federal government should be bold enough to have one of the sides go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Prof Petitions US Higher Learning Comm on Certificate Racketeering by CSU / Would You Still Believe Reno Omokri After Seeing This? / BREAKING: Residents Invade NEMA Warehouse In Abuja, Loot Foodstuff Amid Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.