Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday (8752 Views)

Striking Resident Doctors N5,000 Hazard Allowance Against N1.24m Senator’s Newsp / ESUT-TH: Parklane Enugu Striking Resident Doctors Face Contempt Charge / Doctors Commence Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by alwayzonlyn(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Are you ok at all?
Once anything differs from your opinion,then APC has settled,abi?
So all these Millions NIGERIANS saying that Strikes should be be the last option have been settled,yet you put this rubbish up from your comfort zone!
•Omode omo itan,sugbo aroba-mbe,loro e.
,About 17 yrs ago,I lost my most Senior brother a Lawyer for that matter and it happens to be that there was a Strike in Nigeria- that paralised everywhere and we need to bury him because of long gestation and come to the Hospital - you see naked - Dead Bodies of human,abandoned in the Mogue!
You see ,some bodies will never be accounted for during Strike!
Here, you are talking rubbish because of Politics!
Nonsense!

So who told you they've not explored every other option before resorting to this last strategy of strike??

I've been following their agitation for a while now & I can bodly tell you they've harnessed virtually all available windows to get the government to attend to their plight all to no avail.

Next time, try to do your findings well before confidently commenting on an issue you have absolutely no idea about.

3 Likes

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by StoneLucifer: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2023
Emmastan291:
The Same Resident Doctors that are on strike are making money via their private Hospitals and Clinics....

Nigeria Health Sector is nothing to write home about..

Common shut up..Onukwu, what do u know undecided undecided
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Flame333: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
What's Wrong with this Doctors sef, can't they lower their ego and emulate NLC. Go to the Dialogue table instead of constituting Nuisance all in the name of Strikes and Protests.

Well if you people like use one year to strike and Protest, it's No Work No Pay!!

Abeg quite joor...

You read less but spill out thrash too much...

They've complained that they are being over worked due to the fact that colleagues that left the country are yet to be replaced and is it not the wise thing of any tight thinking leader to understand and respond to..

Your president just increased his ministerial nominees yet others should be left to die..

When government keep quite like this, it create room for ghost workers because the payroll of those that left are entering the pocket of criminals while others suffer excessive labour..

2 Likes

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by tuoyoojo(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nice
The health care system is in shambles.

Many of them are leaving the country

The few that are ready to work, they are been treating them with contempt

Quick to say no work no pay without resolving their issues

They claim there is no money but they have money to pay close to 50 ministers and their aides, have money to buy exotic cars, have money to increase their budgets but refuse to fund hospitals because when they are sick, they would travel abroad

It's the masses that would have to cope with poor health care

3 Likes

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Xvvav7hqj: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Yooo! Got you with Proofs attached...

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Poske95(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
Throwback:
As dem no send them, dem wan come out to protest publicly to be seen.

Left to these doctors, all the funds used in paying salaries in Nigeria should be given to them alone.

I have never seen a more entitled profession in Nigeria, despite how much they already earn when compared to others in the public sector.

Police will threaten you with the loss of your life, Doctors too would threaten you with the loss of your life.

Is this how we shall live ..allow the wounds fester just because you eat and sleep.....?

This is a sector that could turn things around

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by DrAda(f): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
The insensitivity of the government in this matter is truly appalling.

There is no money but we are ready to wage a war in a nearby country. SMH

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Bluntemperor: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
alwayzonlyn:

So who told you they've not explored every other option before resorting to this last strategy of strike??
I've been following their agitation for a while now & I can bodly tell you they've harnessed virtually all available windows to get the government to attend to their plight all to no avail.
Next time, try to do your findings well before confidently commenting on an issue you have absolutely no idea about.

What is this one saying?
I'm born Into Medical Doctors homes,so I know more about this strike than what you are talking?
How many times have they sat down with the New govt of 2- Months now?
Can you tell us what was their deliberations?
I'm saying,give the New Govt a space and every areas of grievances partaking to Workers deliberations will be met,as none of the Ministers are even yet to be sworn in!
Let's give a Peace a chance in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
Throwback:

Left to these doctors, all the funds used in paying salaries in Nigeria should be given to them alone.

I have never seen a more entitled profession in Nigeria, despite how much they already earn when compared to others in the public sector.

Police will threaten you with the loss of your life, Doctors too would threaten you with the loss of your life.

How much do u think a Dr earn? How many Drs get hz if u think they earn big. And u feel is entitled profession. Sorry

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by 007kjb: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
We already know nothing good will come out of this administration

No matter the level of propaganda they dished out
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bluntemperor:

What is this one saying?
I'm born Into Medical Doctors homes,so I know more about this strike than what you are talking?
I'm saying,give the New Govt a space and every areas of grievances partaking to Workers deliberations will be met,as none of the Ministers are even yet to be sworn in!

They have been giving peace spaces all this while. If u claim ur in the family of Drs, then ur lost within them. Ask questions and come back.

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
DrAda:
The insensitivity of the government in this matter is truly appalling.

There is no money but we are ready to wage a war in a nearby country. SMH

Not just, part of what the Drs are requesting was captured in the budget. Why are u holding on to their money. For me the perm sec MOH should be sacked.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
The remaining Drs go soon leave the work for una
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by KanwuliaExtra: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
YES!!!!

ALL DOCTORS GO HOME!!!!!!
Let TIEFNUBU use his loot to fly all needing medical care to the UK to join Akeredolu & Co dia!
If it is good for the politicians, it is gooooood for the poor!

Next: ALL LECTURERS GO ON STRIKE!
All students should be given visas with FULL SCHOLARSHIP like ALL BUHARIDIOT’S children received.✅✅✅✅

Even the DOPEMU TIEFNUBU children studying “music” in Berkeley.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Nebes: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
What's Wrong with this Doctors sef, can't they lower their ego and emulate NLC. Go to the Dialogue table instead of constituting Nuisance all in the name of Strikes and Protests.

Well if you people like use one year to strike and Protest, it's No Work No Pay!!

If you've ever had a loved one admitted in a Nigerian teaching hospital your opinion might change. Nigerian doctors in teaching hospitals work so hard but many of them cannot even afford the services for themselves or their relations.

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2023
alwayzonlyn:

Forget, some ppl come to nairaland to make unreasonable arguement

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Picardor2: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nebes:

If you've ever had a loved one admitted in a Nigerian teaching hospital your opinion might change. Nigerian doctors in teaching hospitals work so hard but many of them cannot even afford the services for themselves or their relations.

True
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by KanwuliaExtra: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
All TRANSPORT WORKERS AND RETAILERS SGOUKD GO OB STRIKE!!!!

Nigerians! Impose your own curfew on yourselves before that WERE- MC OLUOMO WIKE descends on us all!

A CRIMINAL FROM PORT HARCOURT IS A MINISTER!😂😂😂
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Nebes: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Throwback:

Doctors are next to God on this earth. Do you know what it takes to know all about the human body? An anaesthetist can actually put you to death for a surgeon to open you up. The same anaesthetist will bring you back to life after the surgery. Is it really right to joke with these kind of people?
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Nebes: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Are you ok at all?
Once anything differs from your opinion,then APC has settled,abi?
So all these Millions NIGERIANS saying that Strikes should be be the last option have been settled,yet you put this rubbish up from your comfort zone!
•Omode omo itan,sugbo aroba-mbe,loro e.
,About 17 yrs ago,I lost my most Senior brother a Lawyer for that matter and it happens to be that there was a Strike in Nigeria- that paralised everywhere and we need to bury him because of long gestation and come to the Hospital - you see naked - Dead Bodies of human,abandoned in the Mogue!
You see ,some bodies will never be accounted for during Strike!
Here, you are talking rubbish because of Politics!
Nonsense!

This same reason is why they must never be allowed to get to the point of strike. Sorry about your brother but it can also be your wife, son, daughter or even you yourself. Support the care of doctors now.

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
Y
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Light777(f): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bluntemperor:

What is this one saying?
I'm a resident doctor and you can also ask your relations who are resident doctors the truth about this strike.

Don't discuss what you don't know.

The doctors have dialogued many times without results, given ultimatum different times without any response from the Government..

Strike is now the last resort..

Dont argue for the sake of argument.

Goggle about the numerous ultimatums and different failed dialogues between Resident doctors and FG this year.

5 Likes

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by donatusdesmond: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:

How much did they pay you to type this? the Doctors are only requesting that those who have travelled be replace immediately and the Agreements reached be implemented.
I don’t think this is too much for a sincere government.
Doctors in the house, over to you

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Bluntemperor: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2023
Nebes:

This same reason is why they must never be allowed to get to the point of strike. Sorry about your brother but it can also be your wife, son, daughter or even you yourself. Support the care of doctors now.

I understand you perfectly well,it could be anybody,you know!
The Medical Doctors, Pharmacists,Nurses and others are key to life existence and their condition of Services should not be toyed with at all, afterall,most of our Politicians sneaked out with their Families and concubines to take care of themselves and their loved ones at the expense of we Nigerians but my point here is let's see the direction of this govt,first!
Are you aware that most of these Permanent Secretaries can't make any serious commitments until a Minister takes stand in their Sector. Then,lets calm down and do good permutations.
Do you also know that anything done now with any other Unions, and until NLC finished Negotiations is not likely to be reflective of the reality on the ground.So,the time we wait now can't be as long as some of these Associations have been waiting,since Buhari's days in Office!
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by LotaTee: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
Throwback:

All of you brainless nairaland twats who shouldn't even have opinions on matters like this.
Doctors are grossly underpaid compared to the sheer amount of work and effort they put in, hospitals are underfunded and understaffed too so you can imagine, with the single neuron you have left, how overworked they are. And still have very little to show for it.

If other professions feel they're underpaid as well, nothing stops them from demanding better pay.
I do not expect any reasonable response from you so I will not be replying your mention.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Zeel007: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Tinubu's administration is failing
he his busy flexing muscle against Niger Republic. When he actually got into power through unjustly. NLC will be going on strike by August 14 again
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Streetdoctor: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:

U are telling doctors "No work No Pay? Holy Bleep, Agbado people are simply Brainless. Go out their and see how people are dying u are here telling dem such nonsense. U tink say to hawk agbo go handle sickness
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Streetdoctor: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2023
tyboy:
One of the reasons why these doctors goes on strikes is that majority of them have their own private clinics, so they dont care what ever the consequences of the strike may be to the ordinary man. The ordinary man feel the effect of this strike more. Because he can not afford to go to a private clinics. I know of many doctors that work in the government hospitals and still run a private clinic. Until the government take strong measures against those ones working in government own hospitals and still having their own hospital some of this unnecessary strike will never ease. I am not in support of the government not treating them well but their own is becoming more unnecessary
Is non of ur business if a doctor works in a private hospital or not. Let ur govt do d needful. Doctors are not ASUU nor NLC, just be hopeful Mak sickness no strike u dis period. We wey dey health sector Sabi waiting dey sup.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Streetdoctor: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=Bluntemperor post=124920802]

What is this one saying?
Let's give a Peace a chance in Nigeria![
/quote]
That's not an excuse. For RD to embark on an industrial action like dis shows that they hv exhausted every other means. Infact d last sector to embark on industrial action should be health workers. Never u joke with health sector, avoid any issue with health sector. That's my line and I can tell u that just a single day without doctors in d country, how many souls we hv lost. Having ministers or not is never an excuse.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Streetdoctor: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Picardor2:

They have been giving peace spaces all this while. If u claim ur in the family of Drs, then ur lost within them. Ask questions and come back.
He totally lost within them. What does he know about health workers? I even doubt his claim of coming from home of health workers. No sensible govt jokes with Drs
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by BigIyanga: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:

WAEC, NECO and JAMB are still taking candidates… study to become a doctor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Botched Exam: Nurses Slam N5m Suit On Enugu Psychiatric Hospital Management / Kano Records 64 New COVID-19 Cases, Discharges 18, Confirms 1 Death / Pastor T.b.joshua On Water Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.