Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday (8775 Views)

Striking Resident Doctors N5,000 Hazard Allowance Against N1.24m Senator’s Newsp / ESUT-TH: Parklane Enugu Striking Resident Doctors Face Contempt Charge / Doctors Commence Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Orelafintun: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Chienex24:
While the health sector is a sensitive and critical one and shouldn't be going for incessant strikes, Nigerian doctors are actually one of the most overworked and underpaid doctors in the world. Go to Federal medical centers and see for yourself the doctor to patient ratio.

People ranting that Nigerian doctors have entitlement mentality are grossly uninformed, if only you can understand how costly and capital intensive it is to maintain just a life that has serious illness, requiring not just the skills of the physician, but adequate facilities at every point in time because delay in just one is enough to lead to loss of lives.
Just leave these people. They are not familiar with the ways things work. The best people to understand the running of a profession are the insiders. No civilian will understand military operations until you join them.
Government should do normal for all deserving professionals. Fixing economic issues will go along way to address most of the agitations in critical sectors in Nigeria. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by zoeymikey(f): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2023
ceejay80s:
Fall sick at ur own risk
ceejay80s:
Fall sick at ur own risk
ceejay80s:
Fall sick at ur own risk
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by zoeymikey(f): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lol.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by ceejay80s(m): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
zoeymikey:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
It's like u are new on nairaland,
This one wey u quote me without reply
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by benjaminlawson(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
Our government that have no money to attend to doctors demand, but seeking approval to go to war in a sovereign nations for matter that does not concerns us, From where would the money come? Subsidy removed without palliatives, our children school fees increased. What did masses do to our government to treat us so badly like this.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Ray02: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
tyboy:
One of the reasons why these doctors goes on strikes is that majority of them have their own private clinics, so they dont care what ever the consequences of the strike may be to the ordinary man. The ordinary man feel the effect of this strike more. Because he can not afford to go to a private clinics. I know of many doctors that work in the government hospitals and still run a private clinic. Until the government take strong measures against those ones working in government own hospitals and still having their own hospital some of this unnecessary strike will never ease. I am not in support of the government not treating them well but their own is becoming more unnecessary
Majority of resident doctors having their own clinic? What time do they have during residency to be running hospital? Of course some would be using PP to survive as they are on strike, or do you want them to die of hunger. Las Las, nah citizens like you go still suffer am.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by zoeymikey(f): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
ceejay80s:

It's like u are new on nairaland,
This one wey u quote me without reply
Errrm,not really.
Have been a guest for a long time,so i just decided to open an acct to see how it works.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by zoeymikey(f): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=ceejay80s post=124923539] It's like u are new on nairaland, This one wey u quote me without reply Sorry bout that though. Just trying to get used to this stuff.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by okuta007: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2023
are these not the same people threatening to japa every minute on nairaland ? please we no dey beg ona make ona japa abeg - why go on strike when you can easily japa ? yeye fowl

like say if dem reach the abroad the white propel will trust their quack and archaic training that is similar to native doctor work to give them doctor status

nansense 😏
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Pufpuf(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
I marvel whenever I see ignorant people vomiting their thrash in order to insult doctors.
For your information, it's not easy to be a doctor, asides the fact that training is very very expensive.
The situation is worse in Nigeria where a doctor is made to do work of 20 doctors leading to burn out, mistakes and premature deaths of doctors themselves.
Despite the above, we Nigerian doctors receive peanut from government as take home when politicians who haven't contributed to nation building live at large.
Even the budgeted peanut don't come regularly until we are forced to embark on strike.
Fellow Nigerians, the little sanity you still see in Nigerian hospitals today is courtesy of RESIDENT DOCTORS.
Why should we be begging the government to pay our money that was budgeted for ?
Why should a senator be receiving over 43 million naira monthly while me that have studied and treated human lives for over 15 years receive 400k monthly.
How do you expect me to put in my best when I can't afford good food, housing, good school for my children among others ? The 'Dr' title doesn't pay our bills nor buy us drugs when wee fall sick or contact dangerous diseases at work.
I expect the whole Nigerians to mobilize themselves and protest against FGN to do the needful.
Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by bnbash(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
tyboy:
One of the reasons why these doctors goes on strikes is that majority of them have their own private clinics, so they dont care what ever the consequences of the strike may be to the ordinary man. The ordinary man feel the effect of this strike more. Because he can not afford to go to a private clinics. I know of many doctors that work in the government hospitals and still run a private clinic. Until the government take strong measures against those ones working in government own hospitals and still having their own hospital some of this unnecessary strike will never ease. I am not in support of the government not treating them well but their own is becoming more unnecessary
Resident doctors hardly own clinics of their own. You may wish to search who resident doctors are.

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by BeigJawnson(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
What's Wrong with this Doctors sef, can't they lower their ego and emulate NLC. Go to the Dialogue table instead of constituting Nuisance all in the name of Strikes and Protests.

Well if you people like use one year to strike and Protest, it's No Work No Pay!!

Try to be I'm their shoes for one minute and see how they hurt with this cornfused govt. Then you will know how absurd your comment is.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by ceejay80s(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
zoeymikey:

Errrm,not really.
Have been a guest for a long time,so i just decided to open an acct to see how it works.
Eh....so u come take me do lab testing.....lol
Enjoy nairaland
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by WeirdAlien: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
Acekidc4:
What's Wrong with this Doctors sef, can't they lower their ego and emulate NLC. Go to the Dialogue table instead of constituting Nuisance all in the name of Strikes and Protests.

Well if you people like use one year to strike and Protest, it's No Work No Pay!!

Lower which ego? Do you know how many years they've been complaining?

You're the same people that will start crying foul when these doctors decide to Japa to UK and Canada.

1 Like

Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by Knetpro(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
References:

https://twitter.com/nard_nigeria/status/1688123414613987328?t=jFGp-Y1rBLkItiC-R2jWzw&s=19

This will mean more untold hardship to the common man.

God will help us in this country.
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by McLizbae: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2023
Remaining ASUU. grin
Re: Striking Resident Doctors Commence Daily Nationwide Protests From Wednesday by joelison(m): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2023
okuta007:
are these not the same people threatening to japa every minute on nairaland ? please we no dey beg ona make ona japa abeg - why go on strike when you can easily japa ? yeye fowl

like say if dem reach the abroad the white propel will trust their quack and archaic training that is similar to native doctor work to give them doctor status

nansense 😏

It is good to be quiet without brain, but a taboo to be talking without brain.. try to keep quiet because it will profit you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctors Help Ooo....i Dont No Wat Is This On My Dick (pics) / Is It An Infection? A Whitish Thick Discharge From Private Part / OMG!! See This 4-year-old Nigerian Girl With Fully Developed Big bosoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.