Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is Lionel Messi Overrated? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Lionel Messi Overrated? (314 Views)

OPINION: Is Messi Overrated? / This Is Lionel Messi’s Salary In A Month Converted To Naira. / Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by SmartThief(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Messi is so overrated, I wonder how some people have the audacity to call him the GOAT!

I mean come on, what kind of player scores so many goals from outside the box? If you really want to score goals, score them from inside the box, this is how football is supposed to be played.

He is so selfish, do you know what kind of player gives away the chance of scoring a hat trick by giving a penalty to his teammates? Selfish one! I mean he just likes to be the bigger man, and always thinks of his personal glory!

Also, he is so scared of scoring goals that instead of scoring by himself, he passes them to teammates. Can you believe it? No wonder he has 300+ assists, such a disgraceful player.

He scored 91 goals in a calendar year, I mean, who does that? He is such a show-off, instead of helping his teammates, he scored them all.

He nutmegs players, this is a pure sign of disrespect. He dribbles past 5–6 players and scores, such a show-off! This is not how football is played. Besides he never does step-overs, the way he dribbles past players does not look good, I mean you have to do like 10 step-overs before you beat a player.

He has 7 Balon D’ors, and 6 European golden shoes. I mean, you are a playmaker, your job is to create chances for others, why on earth would you win the top scorer record 6 times? Disgusting.

He is the highest goal scorer in La Liga, Barcelona, Argentina, and even South America! He has no respect for legends like Ronaldo, Pele, and Maradona! He could have scored some less to show respect to the actual legends.

He has just won an international trophy for Argentina, Argentina’s first trophy in almost 30 years. Why? He is so stupid, that he refused to play for Spain for this lackluster Argentina team. He lacks prudence. I mean who refuses to play for the team that was basically another version of his great club squad?

Edit 18 Dec 2022:

Messi has just won World Cup while being the best player of the tournament for the record second time. Argentina was on the brink of elimination from the group stage before he shamelessly scored a stunner against Mexico to turn the table. Who does that? He missed a penalty against Poland but still was the best player on the pitch and led his team to the knockout stage. I mean, if you miss a penalty, you should ghost and play horribly, this is how we know a good footballer should react He is the first player to score in all the knock-out matches, and eventually scored twice in the final.

He ended the GOAT debate by winning 3 Internation trophies that include a World Cup in the last 2 years. What are we going to talk about now? He deprived us of the opportunity to troll him, he shut our mouths, how are we going to talk now? He is so brutal, he used magic to make it difficult for the whole world to hate him. He made many atheists turn into theists. If this is not overrated then what is?

I can go all day, in a nutshell, he is the most overrated player of all time.

Edit: It’s a shame that I had to explain sarcasm to many Messi fans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by Abifarin16: 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
OP. DeY Play
Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by PlayerMeji: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
I hate Messi with more than everything I have... In fact, I can borrow more hate to hate Messi. Imagine winning just 4 champions league 🏆 trophies but having 7 Balon Dior ... winning the world cup at age 35 ..

I can go on and on with my reasons for hating Messi... grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by Xammie001(m): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
I GOT THE MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY YOU POSTED IT
Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by SageWithSarcasm(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
And you weren't even lying.....he did absolutely all that.
Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
I see what u did here. Nice one.😀😀
Re: Is Lionel Messi Overrated? by lascos912(m): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
tears flowing everywhere

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player / Over 2.5 Odds / Today Predictions 07/10/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.