Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player (335 Views)

Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre Joins Al-Ittihad In Saudi Arabia. / Super Falcons Player, Michelle Alozie Meets Davido (Photos) / Women's W/cup: Each Super Falcons' Player To Earn N46m For Reaching Round Of 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2023
2 days ago, I was lunching at a restaurant in Ikeja when one of the Super Falcons star player at the current Women's world cup in Australia walked in with some family members.

While she walked up to the counter to place order, her family member sat opposite me. So I asked the family member and she confirmed she was actually the one.

I told the family member to go tell her that I wanted to pay for their food because of how much impressed I was on their performance at the world cup. The sister went to tell her but she declined.

After placing her orders, she came to my table and we started talking.

I asked her about this issue of NFF not paying them their money, and she said they are yet to receive their money, and they hardly get full payment on any money due to them, that a lot of times, their monies are slashed significantly, contrary to what the media is fed.

This means supposing they are being owed $20,000 each, after long time of owing, they will only get $10,000 and the rest will be written off or not be paid.

I felt bad about this; these are people who put a lot of things on the line to represent the country but the encouragement is almost non-existent.

In fact this beautiful lady told me that on their welfare, it's even worse behind the scenes but that she won't go into that.

I know the NFF has its own can of worms, but they should give these ladies what is due to them.

I don't even know who audits the NFF and how their operations are checkmated, it seems a lot is going on there that the ear will tingle when it hears it.

Running a government or a Federation should never be for personal profits.
If you cannot serve the people with less personal expectations, then you have no business being there.

We have a long way to go in this nation, but one right step at a time will take us there.

ES

Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2023
NLFPMOD
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by BOSSkesh(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
If you’re truly telling the truth
You try
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by illicit(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
Na wa o
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
BOSSkesh:
If you’re truly telling the truth
You try
Why would I lie?
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by BOSSkesh(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Why will I lie?
People lie all the time you’re not unique

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
illicit:
Na wa o
I felt bad
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
BOSSkesh:

People lie all the time you’re not unique
Oh okay. Well I'm unique

We snapped together but I'm not posting that
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by Hotwest: 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
So u intended paying for she and her family of a bill more than 10k I suppose.

Help me big bro with weekend feeding with your good heart .

Meanwhile I'm your namesake
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by illicit(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I felt bad

Too sad
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by BOSSkesh(m): 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Oh okay. Well I'm unique
you’re not
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by EmekaStanley: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
BOSSkesh:
you’re not
Whatever.
Re: My Experience With A Star Super Falcons Player by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
It's probably a lie....but it's a good lie
NFF should stop been stvpid and pay these girls

(1) (Reply)

Salah, Mane Where Not In Good Terms. I Was Firefighter- Firmino / Please Guys I Need Low Data Football Streaming App Suggestion / I'm In Saudi Arabia Because Of Money -ighalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.