Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Is There Any Hope Left For Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Hope Left For Me? (1130 Views)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / See Message My Cousin Left For Me In A Pot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2023
I'm 21. My mom hanged herself when I was 10 after a heated argument with my dad and her.
I recently found out I'm autistic( Galatians syndrome) and i hate myself because of it, because of how obsessed I get over my special interests, because of how weird and uncaring i am with others.
I started therapy recently, and yet i feel so small and insignificant. I feel no consolation from knowing that there are others who are in my same condition.
If anything i feel like a massive hypocrite, sharing snippets of my life that nobody cares about, and yet here i am, asking for a fix like the lowly addict i am.
Is there any hope left for me?
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Wodu89: 8:53am On Aug 07, 2023
Join a church. Join a unit in the church. Stewardship will bring you lots of opportunities to derive happiness

You're not an hypocrite. Stop turning inwardly and cursing yourself. It's self-sabotage. Whenever you do things, just do, forget giving your actions negative criticisms once in a while

Friendship built with Christian circles would help you develop and evolve in a healthy and mature way emotionally, psychologically and spiritually

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2023
Wodu89:
Join a church. Join a unit in the church. Stewardship will bring you lots of opportunities to derive happiness

You're not an hypocrite. Stop turning inwardly and cursing yourself. It's self-sabotage. Whenever you do things, just do, forget giving your actions negative criticisms once in a while

Friendship built with Christian circles would help you develop and evolve in a healthy and mature way emotionally, psychologically and spiritually

I'm not religious

Religion is 90% responsible for what's happening in the world

World would be better without religion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by wrongman665(m): 9:02am On Aug 07, 2023
Everyone dey face oh... At times i feel like to commit sucide, but still standing strong, my dear don't worry a new hope is coming don't give up.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2023
wrongman665:
Everyone dey face oh... At times i feel like to commit sucide, but still standing strong, my dear don't worry a new hope is coming don't give up.

When you're ready , let me know

I got a couple of ropes :-)

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by socialmediaman: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

I'm not religious

Can you share more information about your autistic characteristics?

Religion is capable of offering you a supportive community around you.

While therapy is recommended for a lot of stress and trauma related situations like yours, someone may not necessarily need therapy if they have the right dose of support and community from loved ones

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by wrongman665(m): 9:15am On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

bad nigga... Don't worry after you test one of the ropes.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2023
socialmediaman:

Can you share more information about your autistic characteristics?

Religion is capable of offering you a supportive community around you.

While therapy is recommended for a lot of stress and trauma related situations like yours, someone may not necessarily need therapy if they have the right dose of support and community from loved ones

I hear voices in my head

I agree but definitely not Christianity

I rather be a Muslim

I have a loved one ( my grandma)
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Wodu89: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

I'm not religious

I feel sorry for you.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2023
Wodu89:

I feel sorry for you.

Feel sorry for yourself because you've been brain washed by a leftist nigger

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by socialmediaman: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

I hear voices in my head

I agree but definitely not Christianity

I rather be a Muslim

I have a loved one ( my grandma)

I didn’t know that auditory verbal hallucinations are associated with autism. Thought it was mostly associated with schizophrenia

I wasn’t trying to convince you to join a religious group, was just highlighting that it could possibly help with providing community and connectedness which human species naturally need to get along
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Emmanuel30a: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:
I'm 21. My mom hanged herself when I was 10 after a heated argument with my dad and her.
I recently found out I'm autistic( Galatians syndrome) and i hate myself because of it, because of how obsessed I get over my special interests, because of how weird and uncaring i am with others.
I started therapy recently, and yet i feel so small and insignificant. I feel no consolation from knowing that there are others who are in my same condition.
If anything i feel like a massive hypocrite, sharing snippets of my life that nobody cares about, and yet here i am, asking for a fix like the lowly addict i am.
You says & you mean...?
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Emmanuel30a: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
wrongman665:
You means renewed hope...? Weed I guess...
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DenreleDave(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Triumphant99(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
So long as you are alive, there is hope. Don't give up on yourself. Don't give up on God.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Triumphant99:
So long as you are alive, there is hope. Don't give up on yourself. Don't give up on God.

Christianity is a disease

I have embraced the ways of my ancestors

Christianity: the white man's disease

The Bible filled with blood and killings

Is that the book you choose to abide by ??

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by sisisioge: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
You are who you and nothing can change you. The best is to learn how to manage your condition. A lot of people are going through the motions of life undiagnosed and facing great internal and external misunderstandings. Better be glad that you know and keep researching how to best manage yourself. 21yo is the start of adulthood fa....plenty more years to learn and master yourself. May God help you.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by modernWays: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:

I'm not religious

You might be right but Religions gives hopes, and in most cases peace of mind.

Try to join any department in church and see how your mind will be fill with gratitude.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyingFetus:
What kind of hope are you specifically looking for? undecided
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What kind of hope are you specifically looking for? undecided

Hugs and beer :^)
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Aug 08, 2023
DyingFetus:
Hugs and beer :^)
Hugs from whom? Beer with whom? Friends? undecided
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 5:14am On Aug 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Hugs from whom? Beer with whom? Friends? undecided

Strangers ^_^

I don't have friends
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by boldx(m): 5:22am On Aug 08, 2023
You called yourself dyingfetus. Why will you then ask if there is still hope for you?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2023
boldx:
You called yourself dyingfetus. Why will you then ask if there is still hope for you?
SMH

It's a metaphor for I've a terminal illnessundecided
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by boldx(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2023
DyingFetus:

SMH

It's a metaphor for I've a terminal illnessundecided
There is nothing God cannot do. Please change your name. It will not help your mindset to fight the illness.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Knetpro(m): 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
DyingFetus:

Yes, there is hope.

There is nothing impossible for your maker to do.

Turn to him and he will grant you rest and peace.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by MisterRuk(m): 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
DyingFetus:
There is hope for you. It must come from within. First you have to heal, accept, and forgive yourself.
I don't really know how autism works and I'm not an expert in mental health therapy or wellness but you can achieve good things despite your condition. Remember there are lots of people in worse situations that you (i have ADHD, and possibly OCD). You can start the day with a simple sense of gratitude. Be grateful for life itself, for being able to breathe, for having a roof over your head, for being able to afford at least breakfast, for not having cancer, for employment etc. As simple as it looks, having a sense of gratitude when you wake up and throughout your day is very, very powerful.
Give your life a sense of meaning, something worth living for. I don't know how you might go about it but maybe you could start from your interests and hobbies. You could join a support group too, not necessary have to be a church but community is very important.
Try to eliminate bad habits and addictions one by one. These things cause us to suffer and have a bad image of ourselves.
Take care of your health. If you are undergoing therapy and medication, keep up with it.
You're still young and this is the best time to break old foundations and form new ones. Move on. Life is a cycle of suffering and desire, but life is also a gift and a mystery too. Life rewards the brave. But of all things, be grateful.
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Psiyohos: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Watch a lot of Japanese movies

They have a way of Meliorating and calming a person.
Watch lots of Japanese movies from the 50s
Yasujiro Ozu movies especially.
Get a cat,
Do something nice for people
Buy a novels (You can get it cheap at Alaba) and share to children in secondary schools
Go to Hospitals and stay with sick people overnight maybe once a month (I like the one at Gbagada) you could share biscuits
Listen to a lot of music

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Triumphant99(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
How are you today?
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by Babe1994: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
DyingFetus:
what are the symptoms that made you believe you are autistic?
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by DyingFetus: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Babe1994:
what are the symptoms that made you believe you are autistic?

I was diagnosed and given a report by a doctor
Re: Is There Any Hope Left For Me? by akwesenana: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
DyingFetus:
You still have hope man. Take a walk, maybe go to watch a football match. I believe that's where people loosen up the most and you'll be able to have a good convo.
I'm a loner too, I don't have friends, don't need them anyway, but I still try and go out to interact with people to keep my sanity intact. Stay strong bro. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Paying Bride Price To Claim Child Born Out Of Wedlock When Already Married To A / If Your Wife Comes To You And Say This ,what Would You do ? / Save This Family <better title pls>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.