Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital (65040 Views)

Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia / France, European Allies Announce Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali After 9 Years / Afghan Women Scream ‘The Taliban Are Coming' As They Beg Troops To Save Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by justmi1: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
The US Tactical department only need to provide the location the coup leader, then Nigerian airforce take over thier airspace giving the Nigerian ground forces time to advance to the capital. In 24hrs the show would be over with minimal fatalities.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by thedio(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kalashnikov49:
You watch too much films. .and that is why people use Propaganda to hoodwink you into supporting Nonsense.

Where will they get fuel from?

Where will they get drones from? Even if they buy, who are the mercenaries that will operate them?

The Jets and helicopters you operate are obsolete and that is why they breakdown and are easily smashed by insurgents.

If it's ground battle, they will kill your troops mercilessly, because it's their terrain.

So before you talk just try and think...spits

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/490528-nigerian-govt-takes-delivery-of-final-batch-of-tucano-jets.html?tztc=1
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by sslcrypt: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

You don't know what you are playing with son

Mali, Burkina faso and some powerful white nation army are supporting

Even strong Russian Wagner army are in support

I observe you talk and glorify scammers and fraud. This is Way out of your league, 50% of Burkina Faso is under JIHADIST control. Why would you know when all you talk about is drink, FRAUD and women.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Kalashnikov49: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
Just keep quiet...and look at things holistically.

War is different from Propaganda...stip ranting and face realities

Mrmb:

You are saying absolute nonsense. Niger combined with Mali and Burkina Faso would be crushed by Nigerian army. You do not know the capability of the Nigerian armed forces... You saying some things are obsolute, that's the biggest lie of the century, you speak ignorantly. We have one of the strongest army in Africa, we have artilleries, our air force is very strong we also have a one of the strongest navies in Africa. Speak based on facts not sentiment
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Even if he uses Juju and Magic, how will 12,000 Niger ragtags defeat 230,000 Nigerian Army

Baba gear up go meet dem for battlefront naa!

undecided
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Curse777: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

Baba gear up go meet dem for battlefront naa!

undecided
Ok
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Angelfrost(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Peacecore:
If you're a Nigerian, it's your responsibility to help sort the aforementioned out. You have the right to vote or be voted for or go into research not to watch BBnaija and complaining.

You are not making sense, I'm sorry...!

I have performed my civic duty of voting, I have participated actively in programs of social good, etc... Are you saying I should simply have no opinions or refrain from criticizing what I deem poor leadership??!... Other than my strong views online and offline, how else should I push for change??!

Everything begins and ends with a 4-year election with you people. Is that the limit of your conversational engagement??! Smh!

...And what exactly has this got to do with BBNaija??! Have you ever seen me actively engaged in their threads??!
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Solitechworld(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Fear don grip Coupist , and his Fellow Coupist accross West Africa

Facts.. about the invasion

✓Europe is a cold continent that heavily need gas for electricity, energy and heat

✓Russia is European largest Supplier of Gas through Nord Stream 1 and 2 , US is also a supplier

✓Nigeria has one of the largest gas reserve in the world infact we burn and flare gas wasting it for fun

✓European Union wants to build a Gas pipeline from Niger Delta to Morroco and Europe through Spain.. giving them very cheap Nigeria gas

✓Nigeria is set to make Billions of Dollars, which Russia makes

P.S; people talking about Boko Haram and Bandit,

✓International Military convention you can't use maximum lethal force on your own citizens, Boko Haram are Kanuri, Bandits are Hausa, Herdsmen are Fulani

✓Jonathan tried it an US stop selling weapons to him because he killed his own people

So a quick question to you and those that are carrying exact same thought as yours around?

You think Military invasion of another African country is the solution to a YOU problem our country is facing currently?

What do we gain from killing other Africans? Though it is obvious we are the one sending our people to their death...

What do we gain from dancing to the tune of the westerns?

NIGER PEOPLE SAID THEY ARE tired of DEMOCRACY, which is obvious the genesis of our problem in Nigeria also.... why does your BAT thinks it is right to take it upon himself to force the CRAZY-DEMO on the good people of Niger?

It took the good people of Niger no single shot to take over their country from the CRAZY-DEMO now you f**ls want all out war where thousands of people will be killed if not millions to force the CRAZY-DEMO on them again?

Please where the F* is your thinking faculty?

Let the people of Niger decides what is best for them!
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
So mant stupid comments on this thread. those of you in support of war need to have your brains examined.

Tinubus responsilibity is to his nigerian people. He should focus on his people. All the nonsense he is doing is just because he dosent want to be seen as a weak ecowas chairman. He should stop this madness.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Kalashnikov49: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
I am talking Nigeria OGA.

You get Fuel for plane and troop movement?

obyno82:

Niger has oil and they have a refinery so the fuel is there already that one no be issue
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Curse777: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Solitechworld:

So a quick question to you and those that carrying exact same thought like your around?

You think Military invasion of another African country is the solution to a you problem our country is facing currently?

What do we gain from killing other African? Though it is obvious we are the one send our people to their death...

What do we gain from dancing to the tune of the westerns?

NIGER PEOPLE SAID THEY ARE tired of DEMOCRACY, which it obvious our problem in Nigeria also.... why does your BAT thinks it right to take it upon himself to force the CRAZY-DEMO on the good people of Niger?

Only through Democracy or Referendum can we ascertain Niger doesn't want Democracy not some short internet clips

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Kalashnikov49: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Stop being foolish and face facts. grin

RexTramadol1:

Easy to spot an Obidient.

One will always find something silly about them.

1 Like

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by izubext007: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
this is what Tin in bull has caused
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by ehemwhy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nigeria has total air superiority over Niger,Mali and Burkinafaso combined, the only thing i fear is the refugee crisis that will spill into Nigeria ; that is something we cannot handle , it's like waging war against Northern Nigeria .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Watcharena: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
justmi1:
The US Tactical department only need to provide the location the coup leader, then Nigerian airforce take over thier airspace giving the Nigerian ground forces time to advance to the capital. In 24hrs the show would be over with minimal fatalities.
Before the end of that 24hrs dangote could have been a history,

Niger republic has drones that can strike every part Nigeria having a range of 4000km or more

Now with Wagner pmc in place ,Nigerian pilots will not be free to flyover their airspace ,because they have their own air defense weapons .

By the time they hit us where we least expect those wealthy people that have a say in the country will advice the president to mind his business
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Burob: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
Watcharena:
Before the end of that 24hrs dangote could have been a history,

They have drones that can strike every part Nigeria
Who is they?
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Watcharena: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Burob:
Who is they?
NIGER REPUBLIC
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by mastermaestro(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Curse777:

Explaining complexity of regional security to an idiot is difficult

Shut up! What regional security are you talking about? Deal with your internal insurgencies first before sticking your tiny neck in another country's business. If you lived in any of the border states up North, you won't be this foolishly hawkish. sad

1 Like

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by obyno82: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kalashnikov49:

Oh sorry bro no vex

1 Like

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Burob: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kalashnikov49:

Please Shut up Oblivious minded Peasant, probably hunger is what is making you reason myopically.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by heysquare(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Kalashnikov49:
You watch too much films. .and that is why people use Propaganda to hoodwink you into supporting Nonsense.

Where will they get fuel from?

Where will they get drones from? Even if they buy, who are the mercenaries that will operate them?

The Jets and helicopters you operate are obsolete and that is why they breakdown and are easily smashed by insurgents.

If it's ground battle, they will kill your troops mercilessly, because it's their terrain.

So before you talk just try and think...spits

All your narration is just out of hatred for the present govt. You can't hates your country all because the sitting president isn't your choice. I'm afraid how long would continue with this your bitterness cos if God has it, four years is far!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Burob: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Watcharena:
NIGER REPUBLIC
Same people that President Buhari built railway to Madira Niger from Kano State, that the Obidients were wailing over, or the same Niger that President Buhari dashed SUV’s to, that Obidient couldn’t sleep for weeks, have drones that can hit Nigeria?

This morning I saw on Aljazeera, price of food stuff has already escalated in the country & yet sanctions have not even set in yet?
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by ginggerxy: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Even if he uses Juju and Magic, how will 12,000 Niger ragtags defeat 230,000 Nigerian Army

There's no way Nigeria can commit a total number of 230000 to fight Niger. Even if there's any need for that.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Peacecore: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are not making sense, I'm sorry...!

I have performed my civic duty of voting, I have participated actively in programs of social good, etc... Are you saying I should simply have no opinions or refrain from criticizing what I deem poor leadership??!... Other than my strong views online and offline, how else should I push for change??!

Everything begins and ends with a 4-year election with you people. Is that the limit of your conversational engagement??! Smh!

...And what exactly has this got to do with BBNaija??! Have you ever seen me actively engaged in their threads??!
I'm not saying that you watch BBnaija. I'm just talking generally on what some of our youths do and come later to complain. Yes, there are many works that have been left undone by our political class especially but that doesn't mean that some urgent civil matters like this shouldn't be attended to because we're still not satisfied. It's true it's not happening in Nigeria but remember that an injustice to one is an injustice to all. Until everyone is free, we're all slaves. If this abnormality is left unchecked, then the seats of other heads of states are at stake. They should wait and use democratic means, that's my own stance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by koladebrainiac(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
lol.hundred of troupe out of 13,000 troupe ? lol
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Kalashnikov49: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
You want to compare Tucano to MIGs in aerial combat?

Tucano that is a low altitude bomber?? with propulsion engine?

An ordinary shore battery will smash that useless tucano..even an attack helicopetr will smash that shyt. even normal RPG will smash that Nonsense plane

thedio:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/490528-nigerian-govt-takes-delivery-of-final-batch-of-tucano-jets.html?tztc=1
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by JuanDeDios: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Watcharena:
ok what did he do with the coup plotters
President Bill Clinton issued an ultimatum for the coup plotters give up power on a certain date and re-instate Aristide. As the deadline was approaching, the coupists left the presidential palace and returned to their barracks. I don't recall if any action was taken against them.

Edit
In situations like this, they'd be promised a free passage into exile or a retirement from the army without facing trial as a condition for giving up power.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by JuanDeDios: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Watcharena:
kolade is not from the north , I'm from the north ,most likely kolade has not paid Ransome even ones,I have paid Ransome upto 3 times ,kolade Most likely has not lost any one to bandit, I have lost more than 5 people than 5 people that I know in person , friends and family members to bandits , I know someone that has delivered Ransome to bandits more than 5 times so forget kola. I only know turji among this names and he is not aNigerian
Hmmm. Sorry for your losses. May God comfort you. And may the government do the right thing and end this evil on our land.
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Watcharena: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Burob:
Same people that President Buhari built railway to Madira Niger from Kano State, that the Obidients were wailing over, or the same Niger that President Buhari dashed SUV’s to, that Obidient couldn’t sleep for weeks, have drones that can hit Nigeria?

This morning I saw on Aljazeera, price of food stuff has already escalated in the country & yet sanctions have not even set in yet?
all you said is true but still did not change the fact the NIGER REPUBLIC has More than 5 Turkish Baykr 2 drone with a range of 4000km. And with that they can strike every part of Nigeria .

Again sanction can never make the military to hand over Nigeria will only have to absorb increase in bandits and refugees with more than 1000km land border , Boko Haram terrorists will now have large number of people to recrute from .

Infact the disadvantage of invading that nation is too numerous for Nigeria to try.

Even the sanction is wrong many countries will loose trust in doing business with us ,with this sanction African countries that intend to rely 100% on dangote refinery for their oil need will now have to make arrangements for situations like this we trying to create imaginary enemies in our backyard for the sake of democracy is not worth it ,
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Iamzik: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
carl90:
I expect ECOWAS to make use of the carrot -and-stick approach.
If ECOWAS wants to meet the coup leaders for diplomatic talks and they are not responding, ECOWAS/AU just have to use force.
Coup d'etat should not be the norm in Africa, especially when the coup is happening right at our doorstep.

Ballot coup detat has been the norm for a long time and the hypocritical ECOWAS has been blind and dumb.

How can a president alter his constitutional and rig elections to enable him stay in power for life while selling his people cheap to France and EU? What coup is greater than that?

Coup in African countries will continue until the wicked political leaders learn to put the people first.

The people of Niger are fully in support of the coup
Re: Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital by Elev82014: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
I hope that Nigeria and ECPWAS invade Niger Republic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Justin Trudeau Now Wears Face-masks (photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) / 'Ghost' Slams Security Guard To The Floor In Columbia (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.