Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC (18365 Views)

Bribe-taking Policemen Return To Lagos Road, Extort N25,000 From Driver / Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / Senator Jibrin Reveals How Bribe-taking Videos Will Affect Ganduje’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by treesun: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
A former Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System desk officer at the Federal Character Commission, Haruna Kolo, on Monday, owned up to the allegations of collecting money from job seekers in exchange for employment.

This is just as he admitted to having received over N75m from desperate job seekers on the instructions of the Chairman of the FCC

Additionally, Kolo claimed that the FCC boss instructed him to transfer all the money to his (Kolo) personal Ecobank account and pay her in cash which he did a couple of times in her house.

Kolo made the revelation at the ongoing investigative hearing by the House of Representatives ad hoc committee investigating federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies, parastatals, and tertiary institutions on mismanagement of the IPPIS.

The ex-IPPIS desk officer told the lawmakers that he resigned from the FCC on November 2, 2022 to join the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria but ended up getting salaries twice from the FCC. He added that the anomaly was reported to the Human Resources Officer who told him that the issue would be addressed.

He said, “When she came to the FCC as the Executive Chairman, she appointed me as a protocol officer and I carried out my duties diligently.

“On the allegations of job racketeering, the FCC Chairman instructed me to liaise with one Mr Shehu who is a personal driver and Personal Assistant to the Taraba State Commissioner. As a desk officer, I am responsible to take whoever is employed to IPPIS for capturing. No one can go there without a letter from the Chairman or Human Resources officer of the FCC.

“When she came, she wrote a letter to the Accountant General of the Federation instructing that no letter from the FCC should be honored except she signs the letter. So, whenever there was a new employment, she would sign, give to me and I take it to the Accountant General’s office for capturing.

“Shehu is the one that brought those who paid money to my account for job, some paid N1m, others N1.5 m, all to my personal account, my Ecobank account. She asked me to give cash to her which I did through POS so there is no evidence of transfer or anything.

“On the allegation of working at seven places, I was never at any time involved in seven jobs. They are making the allegation based on assumption.”

He continued, “The second allegation on my subsequent employment at AMCOM was a result of her personal favour to me. We were four in number, and she gave the appointment letter to me, Kadijah, and Olushola. We all proceeded for an interview at AMCON headquarters in Abuja after which we were called upon for training on January 16, 2023.

After the training, I and Olushola were called to Lagos. Unfortunately, Kadijah who is the Chairman’s biological sister was rejected. The Chairman accused me of being responsible for her rejection.

“I see no reason why (sic) the chairperson would make allegations of such magnitude against me. I have been threatened even at gunpoint and had to leave Abuja.

“Sir, I want this committee to know that after this sitting, if anything happens to me, the FCC chairperson should be held responsible, ” Kolo added.

Responding, Chairman of the committee, Yusuf Gagdi, promised to do every possible to unravel the truth and make the same available to Nigerians.

“This committee will not sit down and watch taxpayers’ money being embezzled but this committee too will be very careful in indicting the future of people.

“I know why we were asking Kolo to give us evidence and we know why we were deferring this sitting for other witnesses alleged to have had financial dealings with the FCC.

“Kolo will appear here tomorrow (Tuesday). We are calling the other witnesses. We will allow you to do your work. Whoever that is found wanting will answer his father’s name, including Kolo Haruna.

“Kolo, I am not saying anything will happen to you but by law, you are not supposed to leave here without being arrested. For a civil servant that has thirty-something million in his account and admitted publicly of serving as a front to aid corruption is unacceptable.

“I don’t want to take you up on that because we don’t want to be seen to be sentimental. We want to as much as possible, get evidence against you and against others.

“God will save you and God will save us all. Nothing will happen to you because anybody that wants to harm you knows that if they harm you, we have to suspect them.”

The committee adjourned sitting to Tuesday, August 8, in continuation of the hearing,

https://punchng.com/shock-as-ippis-officer-admits-bribe-taking-for-job-scam-at-fcc/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Bigboytinz: 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by BoldBrainz(m): 3:09am On Aug 08, 2023
Thieves probing other thieves. Nigeria is indeed an irritating crime scene.

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Praxis758: 3:27am On Aug 08, 2023
Lack of strict punishment for bad behaviors is the catalyst for institutionalized atrocities and corruptions in this country.

The tradition of sweeping investigations under the carpet is the major cause why Nigerians have the effrontery to perpetrate evil.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Lincton: 3:40am On Aug 08, 2023
Some corrupt individuals thought everyone is like them. The truth will be revealed. God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by treesun: 6:27am On Aug 08, 2023
Listening to the audio will shock you. Nlfpmod!

3 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Ikaeniyan0: 6:36am On Aug 08, 2023
Nothing will likely happen to all the people involve in this issue

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2023
Animals at the helms of affairs, baboons, agbados.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by theophorus(m): 6:42am On Aug 08, 2023
Nigeria problem no be politicians na all of Us.

Cos our mindset when it comes to money is wack.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2023
Chai!
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by overall90: 6:43am On Aug 08, 2023
What you have just read here is what went down in all the MDAs through out Buhari's eight years of disaster, corruption, stealing, nepotism, job racketeering.
If a relatively small and non lucrative FCC is enmeshed in this kind of shameful controversy, you can imagine what went down in places like NNPC,DPR,CBN,EFCC etc.
Buhari and APC really ruined this country.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by wittywriter: 6:43am On Aug 08, 2023
Kolo off your mic.

Wittyness

2 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by simfrost90210: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2023
sad In Nigeria, nothing is new anymore!

3 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Dittodat: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2023
Really? Shock?
Is there anyone in Nigeria who will not take bribe when given the opportunity?
Nigeria is a country full of corrupt individuals but they expect their leaders to be saints.
Are the so called leaders not from the same corrupt society?
The average Nigerian will enrich him or herself but will still be complaining about others doing the same thing. What sort of hypocrisy is that.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by efeteb: 6:46am On Aug 08, 2023
grin
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by LUGBE: 6:46am On Aug 08, 2023
shocked
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:47am On Aug 08, 2023
Not surprised.

Oxygen is important while corruption is more important in the lives of most Nigerians.

BoldBrainz:
Thieves probing other thieves. Nigeria is indeed an irritating crime scene.

Praxis758:
Lack of strict punishment for bad behaviors is the catalyst for institutionalized atrocities and corruptions in this country.

The tradition of sweeping investigations under the carpet is the major cause why Nigerians have the effrontery to perpetrate evil.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Henix(m): 6:47am On Aug 08, 2023
Nigeria is a joke
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by gaby(m): 6:47am On Aug 08, 2023
This guy knows he is on the stage of the world's comedy central and had better taken this opportunity of a lifetime to entertain his audience.

Sharing formula cum personal vendetta...lol

Was there an interpreter present with him?

Una never see matter.

Rebuttal and shalaye dey come next...

Nigeria...the capital of the world's most incredibleeeee and absurd (Believe it or not).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by AmazingELixir: 6:48am On Aug 08, 2023
Ok

Nothing new here this is common practice in the civil service across tiers and organs of government.

The only way to make sense of the gravity of corruption in Nigeria 🇳🇬 is to establish in the back of our individual minds that Nigeria was never created to work as a sane country this explains why the notoriety of her citizens transcend borders and of global scale..know this and know peace.

My 2cent lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Blitzerz: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2023
Under Military, corruption was only in the highest offices.

Now, its free for all.

These are the same idiorts who will tell you that we dont want military rule, yet look at what they are doing in office.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Chosimba: 6:50am On Aug 08, 2023
A person who admitted to being employed illegally is accusing his benefactor of taking bribes without any proof.

This case is dead in the water

4 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by id4sho(m): 6:50am On Aug 08, 2023
Bulaba shocked
Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:51am On Aug 08, 2023
ANYONE who expects any good from APc should go for a head transplant

2 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by DrTee1(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2023
A lot of Nigerians would be saddened by this.

Many years ago, I personally went to the Federal Character Commission to try to get a job into the Federal Civil Service.

Nothing came out of it.

It is sad to know that I wasn't considered at all because of this kind of racketeering. I came from abroad to apply that year. I even had a letter from my Senator at the time and had audience with the Federal Commissioner representing my State.

11 Likes

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Heroicvic(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2023
Kolo dey kolo😂

Why are they acting so shocked as if they're saint

This is the order of the day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by Dittodat: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2023
overall90:
What you have just read here is what went down in all the MDAs through out Buhari's eight years of disaster, corruption, stealing, nepotism, job racketeering.
If a relatively small and non lucrative FCC is enmeshed in this kind of shameful controversy, you can imagine what went down in places like NNPC,DPR,CBN,EFCC etc.
Buhari and APC really ruined this country.

But they were not doing the same before Buhari got there abi? Keep lying to yourself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As IPPIS Officer Admits Bribe-Taking For Job Scam At FCC by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2023
Chosimba:
A person who admitted to being employed illegally is accusing his benefactor of taking bribes without any proof.

This case is dead in the water

You think all these transfers to her Ecobank acct is untraceable?...

ode

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBC News Special On Nigeria's Impact On The Rest Of Africa / Buhari To Ministers: Remain In Office Till May 29 / Atiku To Tinubu: The World Knows You As A Serial Forger And Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.