Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,630 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? (6388 Views)

Guys I Just Realized I Was Shortlisted For Npower Batch C / My Botched Interview Story / 2,226 Graduate Policemen Protest Against Botched Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Simpubozz(m): 1:14am On Aug 08, 2023
In a job interview, It’s is said that how well you express your career story leaves a remarkable impression. However,
Have you ever attended a job interview and at the end of the interview, you knew so well that you botched the job interview?
How does one manage that thought that keeps ringing back like “oh I messed up!!!!”?
Is it advisable to send a follow up mail to the Hr clarifying your poor performance and trying to redeem yourself?
What’s the root cause for anyone to botch a job interview, having been preparing for same interview for like a week??

In my opinion, I think interviewer should look beyond judging anyone base on verbal expression , especially for technical role. Anyone can stutter, make blunders or even blanked-out during interview due to anxiety or something, and I honestly feel that should not negate the fact that the interviewee possesses the technical capabilities and hand-on demonstrations to get the job done.
Nairalanders, what’s your take on this??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by slawomir: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Just move on and don't dwell on it

What will be will be

If they still wanna hire you they will

When I went for interview that year in national integrated power project in Benin

The stupid admin ask if I smoke
I replied boldly
Yes but i do smoke the other one

Guess what when the list of people selected came out my name was among

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Ernesthugo(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2023
HI
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by mariovito(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2023
Na to move on na.

Pick up the lessons and prepare better for the next one.

3 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Ernesthugo(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2023
COME BUY RAM AND SSD SLOW NIGGAR
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by DevilishMan: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2023
I come on Nairaland and create a bad thread about them.

7 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Metronomy(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2023
These guys above me no get joy at all

2 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by YeyeGbami: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2023
Chaii
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by lonelydora: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2023
Your poor performance starts from preparing just one week to the interview date.

The problem with most Nigerians is they think interview is like a class examination where you have to read the toughest part of the course. No bi so.

The ability to communicate and be understood is what makes one ace any interview.

If you are fluent and have basic knowledge of the job you are applying, you will pass any interview.

My first job interview, the HR asked if I have a girlfriend, omo... I use that one hold them for blokos. I funnily narrated how we have been faring and how I will apply that skill on the job.

They all laughed and I got the job later.

Be a good communicator

14 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by MrSinister(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

What will be will be

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Orire01(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2023
Just Move on and hope for a better luck!

I still sell affordable laptops and phones

Details on my signature
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Abifarin16: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2023
I dedicate On to the next one by Jay Z and Swiss Beat to You.

Abbbiii you wan kee yourself?
Learn from the screw up. You must have realized where mistakes were made when you are going over it in your head. You discover your weakness and weak on turning them into strength.
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2023
Move on...
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Skillsnigeria: 9:46am On Aug 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by kilonshele101(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2023
Start begging

1 Like

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by fyzaila: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2023
Don't dwell on it, clear your head and move on. If that job is yours, you'll surely get it.
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by labake1(f): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2023
I am tired of interview questions, I can't be studying for interview questions like I am preparing for jamb. All those HR should do better

"Can we meet you? Ans: are you not meeting me already?"
"Why did you apply for the job? Ans: because I need the job?"
"Tell us about yourself? Ans: did you not go through my CV?"

One was asking me why I chose to learn tailoring
#Saynotoyeyequestions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by isArray: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2023
Start applying to other places
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by coolebux(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2023
Remniscents of my one and only job interview, though I'm still on the job now.
But each time I remenber my performance that day ... omooo grin grin
And how the HR woman called to tell me that i impressed them the most .. woww shocked shocked
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Kasdat5(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2023
Na to move on sure pass ...
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Emeka71(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

What will be will be

When I went for interview that year in national integrated power project in Benin

The stupid admin ask if I smoke
I replied boldly
Yes but i do smoke the other one

Guess what when the list of people selected came out my name was among
Home things.
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by ednut1(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2023
Sending an email to explain your poor performance- that will be the dumbest thing to do. Wait for their outcome and accept the if positive or negative. Then move on .

4 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by PrinceGallant: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2023
I seek your leniency to tell you that 'botched' is an adjective word, not a verb. You cannot botched an interview, rather you can only have a botched interview.

Having said that, I am of a belief that failure is part of success, you learn from your failure to prepare for success. A botched interview strengthens you for the upcoming ones.

12 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Lannyjoe4u: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2023
G
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by b5ive(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2023
grin grin angry grin grin
DevilishMan:
I come on Nairaland and create a bad thread about them.
Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2023
You don't have to overflog yourself on your performance at the interview.
Just remain focused because better days are just ahead bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by JoshTim: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2023
Sometimes, failed interviews can be an eye opener. Recently, I had one and I wasn't too satisfied with my performance, deep down I knew I bleeped up...even though I said the right answers but not confidently. Again, didn't prepare, I didn't know I have interview until that morning when I checked my spam. I could have declined or reschedule but I was so confident about myself not until some really technical questions were asked. I did some others that I flawed the interviewers. It could be your day or their day. The most important thing is learn and improve. But e pain me.

3 Likes

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Femich18(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Everything is a lesson. BTW we have seen people who messed up at interviews still receiving offer letters. Even if the opposite is your case you have still learnt something and will only get better

1 Like

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Mosba: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Go down on your kneels and pray for miracle. It happened during the period of Moses, Elijah, Peter and Jesus, it can happen during Tinubu reign for you.

1 Like

Re: What Next After You Realized You Botched A Job Interview? by Holamidhe(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2023
I wore traditional (native)wear to the interview. I was sent out.I went to Bet9ja shop from there. Sat down for 30 minutes to enjoy the scene.

Went back home happy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Scammers On The Rise / Is This Real??? Job Invite Without Prior Application / Latest Job Vacancies In Nigeria: Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.