Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria (22920 Views)

Liz Cambage Denies Calling D'tigress Monkeys - Nigerian Players Reacts / Liz Cambage Denies Racially Insulting Nigerian Players During Pre-Olympic Match. / Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2023
Even if she said so, she is not wrong some Naigerians do behave like monkkeys
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by TheAlchemist: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2023
She had apologised and that is all that matter I hope she does not think making the team will be a walk in the park she would need to be at her very best.
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2023
naptu2 thinks he knows every body, grin grin he also knows that i want a carreer in entertainment but need more practise, also knows Liz Cambage personally, he knows her father, knows everything about her. The same way he knows me, infact, Him and I are in a relationship, he actually lives in my house. cheesy

But what he doesn't know is Naigeria loses in Everything, Naigeria never wins any competition
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aswani(m): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Naigerians always loses in everyting, let's address that first and i will give you more jokes, your concern is that i mentioned that American team has accepted her right? Why do Naigerians lose in every competition?

Obidients sha.

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2023
aswani:

Obidients sha.
This line is stale already, try another line, grin

Inshort, just make a comment contribution to the topic, what are your opinion on the topic? Do you even have any? grin
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aswani(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This line is stale already, try another line, grin

Inshort, just make a comment contribution to the topic, what are your opinion on the topic? Do you even have any? grin

I have and I did.

Obidients, chai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aswani(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Good, now, what are your opinion on the topic?

Here is your last chance to make sense. Or forever stay dumb

Obidients, na for social media dem get power. No wonder dere Candidate came third in the fairest elections in Nigeria to date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aylipple: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2023
Ok, so I watched this interview up to the point where the talk about the incident with the Nigerian female BB team came up & these are my observations:
1. Liz is a sweet girl. I like how she's honest, open & confident about her views.
2. She's definitely not one to shy away from taking bold decisions about her life.
3. Oh! She likes money (who doesn't anyways?).
4. She's a diva who knows her worth!
5. She blames everyone else but herself for her predicaments. Every other team mate, opponent, coach, journalist or sports team owner just don't like her for no reason.
6. She has other money spinning ventures (you can even say BB is her hobby); who remembers this phrase from "Everybody Hates Chris": "...My husband has two jobs, I don't need this". Lol.
7. She lied sha when she said Nigeria needs her to switch allegiance from Australia (if you actually watched that part of the interview, you could easily tell.)
8. Drama follows her everywhere. You can call her a drama queen.
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by ddeola: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2023
The team doesn't need her simple ! wink wink wink wink
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by obrian888: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2023
Good na, if she called the team BLACK monkey back then, is her parents not Nigerians or one the parent, so either of her parents or both are MONKEYS also, abi nor be monkey d3y born Monkey?
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2023
aswani:

Obidients, na for social media dem get power. No wonder dere Candidate came third in the fairest elections in Nigeria to date.
Really? grin tell me more.

The topic is supposed to be about a game player named Liz Cambage cheesy okay? Just so you know, clearly your brain has failed to recognise that

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by BrickDevo: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2023
OneCandleAway:

The girl was racist to Nigerian team. Now because she knows they are very good wants to use them to get to Olympics.
Okay thanks
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by omoluka: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2023
Another Yoruba Caucasian want to play for Nigerian team undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aswani(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Really? grin tell me more.

The topic is supposed to be about a game player named Liz Cambage cheesy okay? Just so you know, clearly your brain has failed to recognise that

It is about the female basketball player Liz Cambage and her attempts to switch nationality to play for the Nigerian D'Tigress team as a result of her burning her bridges with the Australian national team that she once represented.

As an aside, Liz was born in England to a Nigerian man and an Australian woman. She grew up in Australia and was an all star in the NBA where she also burnt her bridges with every single team she played for.

Back to the topic, for some reason, you brought up Americans accepting her. Now you are getting worked up about my take on Obidients.

Eh hẹn, so Obidients can be hypocrites too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2023
Mynd44:
Represent ko
House of Representatives ni.

We will rather lose back to back to back than have her on the Nigerian team. The drama she carries alone will cost us a lot.

She and the former coach can start their own team
You've just hit the nail right on the head. Nigeria is definitely better off without this controversial figure. Her presence in the team would be damn too divisive to manage. Good bye to bad rubbish --- i.e. "GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD NONSENSE" undecided
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2023
aswani:

It is about the female basketball player Liz Cambage and her attempts to switch nationality to play for the Nigerian D'Tigress team as a result of her burning her bridges with the Australian national team that she once represented.

As an aside, Liz was born in England to a Nigerian man and an Australian woman. She grew up in Australia and was an all star in the NBA where she also burnt her bridges with every single team she played for.

Back to the topic, for some reason, you brought up Americans accepting her. Now you are getting worked up about my take on Obidients.

Eh hẹn, so Obidients can be hypocrites too.
What does Obidients even mean? grin how did you arrive at the conclusions that i would know anything about your so called Obidients?

Fine, i agree with your take on Obidients, you are absolutely correct on what ever the fork you say about Obidients (what ever the fork that means) grin grin grin Jeeeez! So many paranoid schizos on here

Everything you have written on Obidients are true!
Now go take your medications.

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by kokomilala(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2023
@OyeofIkoTuN, I like that you asked this question. At first blush, she appeared racist. But going by the accounts of the Nigerian team that she had talked to them and praised them, denouncing the Aussies' team as racist , makes it difficult to determine whether she's racist or not.

Let's consider it from an emotional level. I mean, let's look at her emotional state, having publicly declared she was going through a mental and emotional problem, then, one could conclude that her emotions took over her. In that sense, I don't think she's racist, without excusing those racial slurs, however.

What I see is someone torn between two cultures, two dilemmas: fitting into a culture-Australian- where she doesn't feel 100% at home, and going back to her roots- Nigeria.

However, I still think she lacks emotional intelligence. Every human being- man or woman- although, women are innately emotionally weaker- should learn how to tame or put their emotions under check. I mean why would she utter such words as "monkeys" or "third world countries"? It's these words that have circled back over months, attained maturation and come back to haunt her no end.

Nigeria can forgive her and welcome her to the fold and not see her as a racist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Gabbriell: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
What I see is a tall thick Caucasian for better doking cheesy grin

Mathematically, your short d**k won't go well with tall chicks.

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2023
naptu2 okay if you say so, what you have failed to realise is you are also mentioning me, cheesy as i said, i am moving on, i gat other shits to go sort out, you obviously wants to carry on with this particular crap

Good luck
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by aswani(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
What does Obidients even mean? grin how did you arrive at the conclusions that i would know anything about your so called Obidients?

Fine, i agree with your take on Obidients, you are absolutely correct on what ever the fork you say about Obidients (what ever the fork that means) grin grin grin Jeeeez! So many paranoid schizos on here

Everything you have written on Obidients are true!
Now go take your medications.

So you post on Nairaland, let's assume you are abroad, but know nothing about Obidients. OK ó.

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Yankee101: 9:17am On Aug 08, 2023
After insulting us?
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2023
aswani:

So you post on Nairaland, let's assume you are abroad, but know nothing about Obidients. OK ó.
Are you still here stalking me? For some bizzare reasons you seem to be so obsessed with this your Obidients crap and assumes everyone on here surscribes to your madness

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2023
Gabbriell:

Mathematically, your short d**k won't go well with tall chicks.

I’m a lesbian dear
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2023
She's not welcome
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by jrusky(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2023
All I want to confirm, is she a Nigerian by one parent or both parent? If Yes, she is a Nigerian tnen let her come back here and play for that monkey third world so she can feel how bad insult is.

If she a Nigerian by either parent I definitely know the region her parent must come from let me reserve my comment.

Babe come own ya? Wd want you here. Its same as one guy called Senate morons and God send him back to the Senate for ministerial screening that is God.
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Canvass: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2023
pongwa:
she has ate her words so she is welcome

She's always welcome in the first instance.

In all of these, I feel pity for Cambage. There is no battle greater than the one you fight against yourself. She must have been torn from within fighting racism and searching for acceptance all her life. If her father is Nigerian, why did she adopt Cambage as her surname? It is obvious she wished for her biracial background to just disappear and she's accepted as a full-fledged white Australian. This problem also affected Naomi Osaka and she's been breaking down emotionally.

This PR clout of wanting to play for Nigeria is not the solution. Accepting who she is and embracing her racial heritage should be a better approach.

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Gabbriell: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:

I’m a lesbian dear

Noted
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by eebraa(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2023
Whites are better than some of these half caste, Guyanese, Dominicans and Latinos. They are more racists towards pure black people

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by workchopNG: 10:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Are you still here stalking me? For some bizzare reasons you seem to be so obsessed with this your Obidients crap and assumes everyone on here surscribes to your madness

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by Triplerg: 10:27am On Aug 08, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:

I’m a lesbian dear
So you mean that your thick baka is just wasting? Chai!!
Re: Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria by pongwa(m): 10:30am On Aug 08, 2023
Canvass:

She's always welcome in the first instance.

In all of these, I feel pity for Cambage. There is no battle greater than the one you fight against yourself. She must have been torn from within fighting racism and searching for acceptance all her life. If her father is Nigerian, why did she adopt Cambage as her surname? It is obvious she wished for her biracial background to just disappear and she's accepted as a full-fledged white Australian. This problem also affected Naomi Osaka and she's been breaking down emotionally.

This PR clout of wanting to play for Nigeria is not the solution. Accepting who she is and embracing her racial heritage should be a better approach.
wanting to align with Nigerian team is enough credence to the fact that she has accepted her reality. The best is to make her feel welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Utd In Talk With Valverde To Replace Solskjaer After Zidane, Pochettino Snub / Jude Ighalo And Wife, Sonia Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Massimiliano Allegri Snubs Ronaldo, Hails Messi As Best In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.