Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) (1754 Views)

African And Nigerian Topscorers In Europe 2011/2012 / NBA Season 2010/11 / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by JeSoul(f): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry

I can't say how disappointed I am in the NBA officials and players and useless David Stern, that they were unable to swallow their egos and greed, compromise and come to an agreement. Very very disappointing. Where is the concern and respect for the FANS who pay all the bills? and their salaries? Not to mention the local businesses, workers at the concession stands, parking lot attendants, hotel employees etc who will all lose jobs and their livelihood because of the greed of these millionaires and billionaires.

They might as well go ahead and cancel the whole darn season to make their insult complete. Nonsense angry
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by A40(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
Lol which one concern me anytime when them wan restart league make them start ! We the Defending Champions Dallas Mavericks are ready to defend our title against all-comers. I am sure the Season would still happen both parties have too much to lose but i still think till they close the gap between the have and have-nots close nothing would change. If i where to pick a side i would prolly pitch with the Owners
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by r231(m): 2:11am On Dec 09, 2011
CP3 in the house grin grin grin

bring the mavs, heat, celtics whatever the lakers will skin them alive grin grin

btw D12 on the way too grin
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by A40(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2011
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/08/labor-deal-reached/index.html

So a 10 year Collective Bargaining Agreement has been reached and we are going to have a season after all albeit a 66 game one which starts on Christmas day by the way free agency starts today

Interesting points
• Players and owners agreed to a 50/50 split of basketball-related income (BRI). However, depending on BRI, players can receive as high as 51% or as low as 49%.
• The Salary Cap will remain soft and has been set for the 2011-12 season at $58.044 million.
• The maximum length of a player contract will be reduced by one year, from six years for a team's own players and five years forother players, to five years and four years, respectively.
• Salaries in new player contracts may increase by up to 7.5% per year for a team's own players and 4.5% per year for other free agents.
• Three Mid-Level exceptions now exist:
Except during the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, teams are prohibited from using a sign-and-trade if their team salary post-transaction would exceed the tax level by more than $4 million. Sign-and-trade contracts will have a maximum length of four years and receive 4.5% annual increases
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by A40(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2011
By the way if you are a Mavericks fan there is small cause for alarm ooh! Caron Butler is running to the Clippers obviously for the dough and Tyson Chandler seems to be running for the same reason (the first legit center we've had in a long time) i just hope J.J Barea doesnt follow suit or there would be trouble

Battier is moving to the Heat a smart pickup IMO. 3pt shooting and would help Lebron on D

The big question(s) tho
Would CP3 still stay with the Hornets
Is this Tim Duncan's last season??
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by A40(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
So the Lakers almost traded Gasol and Odom for Chris Paul?? Why didnt that hediot called David Stern let the trade happen cheesy

I didnt see him stopping Lebron and Bosh from linking up with Wade neither did he stop K.G and Ray Ray from hooking up with Paul Pierce

But frankly i dont know what the Lakers are mad about cos if they dont get Dwight Howard in the summer then they just dodged a bullet cos if the trade had gone through they woulda been out of contention for this year anyway. I still think letting one of the league's premier forwards and one of the best and most versatile sixth men in the league is a colossal mistake! What happens when Bynum's knees give way again?

Funny how things can change so fast. From franchise player to potential retirement! Surely that Blazer organization is cursed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-trailblazers-roy
Re: NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
A-40:
Lol which one concern me anytime when them wan restart league make them start ! We the Defending Champions Dallas Mavericks are ready to defend our title against all-comers. I am sure the Season would still happen both parties have too much to lose but i still think till they close the gap between the have and have-nots close nothing would change. If i where to pick a side i would prolly pitch with the Owners

And you guys are doing great already lmaoooooo. . Opportunity come but 1 season once grin

(1) (Reply)

Pique Farts On Barca's Flight To Finland! / Exclusive! Scandal Hits Bet9ja As Betting Company Refuses To Pay N42.15m Winning / Paul Pogba’s Injury Appears Very Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.