Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job (353 Views)

HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Djamel(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Good day guys, honestly your unfiltered opinions would be well appreciated. I've been learning to code for awhile now. say 1 year and over 7 months... roughly two years now... i have been checking job postings online....sometimes, i feel i meet up to say, 65% of the requirements....I'm mostly self taught...i use Youtube videos and Udemy courses(Angela Yu)…..but the thing is I'm scared i won't meet or survive in that work environment.currently, i am updating my portfolio website....building projects...mostly, off what Youtube tutors have made...but I try to understand every concept and change some functionalities to fit my taste(Editing the tutors existing work)....i won't say it's plain copy and pasting of codes...…i know React, say 65%.......65% been that, I believe in the work environment, my skills might be reduced to that percentage(meaning,ifeel i'm good enough in my head)......but i know i won't get lost(while working in a team)…so, I want to ask, what should I do.....I feel tensed and worried as my NYSC is close, I'm thinking of applying as an intern for 1 year and receive stipends to support myself while I grow my skills, you know...…i would like the bosses in the house to help me understand what's happening at the stage of development and learning.....I know the MERN stack.....i think i do
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by muyico(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
I understand you not?
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Djamel(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
muyico:
I understand you not?

Sorry about that.....i just edited it again....i typed that while walking
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Agape123: 1:29am On Aug 09, 2023
Djamel:
Good day guys, honestly your unfiltered opinions would be well appreciated. I've been learning to code for awhile now. say 1 year and over 7 months... roughly two years now... i have been checking job postings online....sometimes, i feel i meet up to say, 65% of the requirements....I'm mostly self taught...i use Youtube videos and Udemy courses(Angela Yu)…..but the thing is I'm scared i won't meet or survive in that work environment.currently, i am updating my portfolio website....building projects...mostly, off what Youtube tutors have made...but I try to understand every concept and change some functionalities to fit my taste(Editing the tutors existing work)....i won't say it's plain copy and pasting of codes...…i know React, say 65%.......65% been that, I believe in the work environment, my skills might be reduced to that percentage(meaning,ifeel i'm good enough in my head)......but i know i won't get lost(while working in a team)…so, I want to ask, what should I do.....I feel tensed and worried as my NYSC is close, I'm thinking of applying as an intern for 1 year and receive stipends to support myself while I grow my skills, you know...…i would like the bosses in the house to help me understand what's happening at the stage of development and learning.....I know the MERN stack.....i think i do

Just in the same shoe as yours tbh. Let’s wait for the bosses.
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Djamel(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Agape123:

Just in the same shoe as yours tbh. Let’s wait for the bosses.

We can connect Dev..........{07048741966}....that's my whatsapp line
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Agape123: 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Djamel:

We can connect Dev..........{07048741966}....that's my whatsapp line

Confirm the WhatsApp line bro
Re: Scared To Take That Step Into securing a Programming And I.T job by Djamel(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
Agape123:

Confirm the WhatsApp line bro

sorry bout that boss.....{07048741936}

(1) (Reply)

Hiring: Laravel Developer Intern / Devs, If You Die, How Do Your Customers Get Access To Their Site / If N10,000 Is Not Too Small, Get This Javascript Gig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.